The Zerker spec

The Zerker spec

in PvP

Posted by: kdaddy.5431

kdaddy.5431

The reason you dont see warriors as much is because they dont do enough dmg even with a full DPS build as much as a passive condi build. The condi warrior build isnt as good either so your gonna see revenants play that condi build and dps come other classes.

Anet gave guardian unblockable condi range attacks, thieves get bonus condi dmg and torment and a added dodge, eles got a funky alt spec which allows them to have more viable builds rather then 1-2 choices for high level play and this goes for rangers aswell. You now have to look at whether a ranger is LB ranger or staff druid and engy got scrappers which to me is the new D/D ele.

Endless amounts of boons, the scrapper i faced today had over 30 sec of 25 stacks of might,fury, protection, and vigor. So the zerker spec does what exactly?

Heck the old dps meta is better then any current zerker spec one you could use for PvP now for the warrior. You have alot of people trying to figure out how to use longbow with the new spec but its not worth it. A elite trait line to get fury for 3 sec and 8 sec bleeds……… This just reminds me of when rifle did 1 bleed dmg on the 1 skill and kill shot was pure dps. We can try to go condi but revenants, d/d eles, thieves, mesmers and now guardians are better any build they can run.

It seems that all the classes but warrior got another option and added something to a potential build. Not sure how to change it since you have many traits like fast hands in 1 spec line and with sword and axe in another. Cant go rifle and hammer since there in the same trait line etc etc etc.

Maybe i need to learn how to play but this is my view on the new warrior spec as constituted.

The Zerker spec

in PvP

Posted by: Nier.8741

Nier.8741

You’re not wrong at all. This isn’t L2P. Warrior atm is legit UP.

“Warrior such as simple profession it should stay UP” says Nightmare on that one ready up, just so pathetic.

Look at what DH does, they just spam attacks and bait dodges until you run out and eventually kill you because everything they do is just easy and reliable. Druid? HAHAHAHA all you do is spam 1, evade attacks, get carried by AI, weakness, protection and invulns and land your easy to land glyphz. That isn’t simple to play Nightmare?

You’re telling me Warrior is easy to play but not everything else that you designed? Are you that illiterate ANET devs? Like holy, it’s not even funny the logic is just incompetent. Just because you make a complex blueprint design for a class, that doesn’t mean Ranger or Guardian, for example, is harder to play than Warrior.

Because both those classes do one simple thing, spam defensive abilities while dealing RELIABLE damage. Warrior doesn’t have reliable damage, and their defensive abilities are at a longer CD, Warrior has had more counterplay and you had to know the game to beat that counterplay.

I really think this is their reasoning as to why they don’t wanna buff Warrior properly on HoT.

These devs are just so incomptent. The whole meta right now is just stacking tankiness and unblockables. It’s just not skill-based anymore, thanks ANET devs.

I want my refund, this game is so bad now. June 23 was almost a great patch but ANET devs never fail to amaze me with their failure.

(edited by Nier.8741)

The Zerker spec

in PvP

kdaddy.5431

I find it odd that people say what class is harder to play then others. How is that something you judge? For the past year or so D/D ele no matter how you played it could beat anyone in 1 vs 1 and 2 vs 2 situations.

Its the craziest thing to me that rampage would get nerfed when it wasnt a dominate factor at the high levels at WTS. Players who can play at a high level would just run around and avoid the big cast time of rock throw. After nerfing rampage they gavw warrior a cool down on last stand. WOW seriously thank you so much.

I mean 1/2 the people in this game call bunker condi aids already and the few times I did AG tourney before this HOT EXP everyone would be like, “are you condi bunker” i would say yes and they would be like “perfect” since you can do everything.

The only class to me that also has it this ruff is thief but they still have a roll on a team. I run rune of the traveler with P/P and staff now and even though it isnt meta or OP its a ton of fun and i catch alot of people running off point to survive and all the knockdowns i have with the added extra dodge actually made my very squishy thief a little better in plus 1 fights but even with that im finding alot of these burst condi builds to still be far more effective then dps.

The Zerker spec

in PvP

Posted by: nacario.9417

nacario.9417

Lol nier u need to calm down.. i keep seeing u in threads bout how weak warrs r, how pathetic devs r, this fail expansion etc.. all this cuz ur beloved class isnt up to ur expectation. If u r led by anger ull get nowhere, and this is how metas shifts, nothing stays gold forever. We all can disagree with dev decisions at times but they have many more factors n variables to view something from

Power Ranger PvP
I used to be a power ranger, now not sure anymore

The Zerker spec

in PvP

Posted by: JTGuevara.9018

JTGuevara.9018

Lol nier u need to calm down.. i keep seeing u in threads bout how weak warrs r, how pathetic devs r, this fail expansion etc.. all this cuz ur beloved class isnt up to ur expectation. If u r led by anger ull get nowhere, and this is how metas shifts, nothing stays gold forever. We all can disagree with dev decisions at times but they have many more factors n variables to view something from

No nacario, he doesn’t need to calm down. Warrior got JACK this expansion, that is a fact.

The Zerker spec

in PvP

Posted by: incisorr.9502

incisorr.9502

These devs are just so incomptent. The whole meta right now is just stacking tankiness and unblockables. It’s just not skill-based anymore, thanks ANET devs.

I want my refund, this game is so bad now. June 23 was almost a great patch but ANET devs never fail to amaze me with their failure.

qft

I feel the same. I feel like these devs have no clue what they’re doing. I don’t understand why they keep promoting bullkitten like Unrelenting assault from revenant which is one button gap-closer, huge damage (50%+ of cele ppl in one skill) + iframes at the same time. There are too many easy kitten skills like that, thief for example, one skill with everything so u basically just need to tab and spam that button and hows that a fun mechanic?

I much prefer warrior 100b instead, the skill is straightforward and obvious and fair, if you can’t dodge it then you get huge damage and if he gets a good setup you get a huge damage. No illusion bullkitten that relies on the chaos of the fight where you can barely see kitten from all the cancer spam in this game or some other cheesy bullkitten. Its just manly and fair.

I also agree about the balance part, it feels like the patch before HoT was good to all classes and dps warriors included because they are fun to play and at the same time fair unlike kittenty mesmers or thieves cause with them if you ever fail you can just press a button for instant on-demand-stealth that has no cast animation or anything and is 100% easy mode forgiving

The Zerker spec

in PvP

kdaddy.5431

Its hard for me to put thieves in a cheese spam class because alot of classes now have reveal. I now put down a shadow refuge and while i am invisible i get revealed. Its gotten to the point that invisibility isnt a good way out anymore.

With the new revenant skill it makes it impossible for mesmers and thieves to escape. I like the idea of revenant being the counter class to them but engy,guardian and druid all have the ability to kill roaming thieves and mesmers with blinds/condi traps and impossible to kill characters.

Alot of people including myself are a bit confused on where dps is suppose to be. On revenant its great since they will catch thieves and mesmers but no other class can use it effectively. Literally every class now runs a form condi bunker class. I ran into a guardian with longbow that did 9k dps damage in 3 hits and was able to stack 6 burns on me. Now maybe that is a pure burst class atm no other class could do dmg that quickly that fast.

People want The DH to be nerfed but without it every class would be condi and i would hate for that. The state of PvP is a bit odd for me.

The Zerker spec

in PvP

Posted by: Hannibal.5739

Hannibal.5739

@incisorr.9502
You’re kidding right?
If I fail as a thief I am dead!!!…100% easy mode forgiving lmao
Why don’t you go play one in pvp then come back & tell me how easy it is becuz i must be smoking the wrong thing

The Zerker spec

in PvP

Posted by: JDjitsu.7895

JDjitsu.7895

@incisorr.9502
You’re kidding right?
Why don’t you go play one in pvp then come back & tell me how easy it is becuz i must be smoking the wrong thing

+1 this
/15characters

Wiggin/LittleEnder/XeroCool/Filthydirtyrotten/MizDemeanor/EnderThaXenocide/ShadowOfWiggin-
Maguuma & A Few alts on other NA/EU servers

The Zerker spec

in PvP

Posted by: Mefiq.7039

Mefiq.7039

Tested zerker (shoutbow + massive burns) it was fun. Its not insane 1shot build but very tanky and can catch ppl off guard with zerk + sword f1. I dunno why ppl say that Warriors are UP. Most warriors skills deal INSANE DMG, just cuz you guys cant land it doesnt mean whole class is bad. “Thief can evade” SURE. THIEF MUST EVADE cuz you guys can 2shot kill them.Also if anyone say that THIEF condi build is actually better in any game mode that any other class condi build he/she deserves a laugh.
PvE. Did any of you Tested zerker with sinister stats? or VIPER stats? NO? Then you dont have right to talk.
PVP. Did any of you tried to play zerker like zerker not WARRIOR 2×. I rly dont see this whole “I NEED FAST HANDS BASELINE” kitten. Other classes have normal weap swap and there is not that many weap swap mechanics in warrior that requires it baseline.
Tested Zerk on Shoutbow’ish build, it was FINE Tested it on Cele Hambow, was fun but it rly needs optmalisation. Tested it with Maruder power build and it was garbage. 2 out of 3 builds i tested was strong/fine 1 was totaly bad. That makes Zerker UP BAD and UNPLAYABLE? Cuz you guys want to swap 1 traitlane and have same playstyle with more dmg and survi>? This is not mesmer nor guard guys… SORRY.

“Im speaker of Truth” – Mefiq.7039 2015

The Zerker spec

in PvP

kdaddy.5431

Tested zerker (shoutbow + massive burns) it was fun. Its not insane 1shot build but very tanky and can catch ppl off guard with zerk + sword f1. I dunno why ppl say that Warriors are UP. Most warriors skills deal INSANE DMG, just cuz you guys cant land it doesnt mean whole class is bad. “Thief can evade” SURE. THIEF MUST EVADE cuz you guys can 2shot kill them.Also if anyone say that THIEF condi build is actually better in any game mode that any other class condi build he/she deserves a laugh.
PvE. Did any of you Tested zerker with sinister stats? or VIPER stats? NO? Then you dont have right to talk.
PVP. Did any of you tried to play zerker like zerker not WARRIOR 2×. I rly dont see this whole “I NEED FAST HANDS BASELINE” kitten. Other classes have normal weap swap and there is not that many weap swap mechanics in warrior that requires it baseline.
Tested Zerk on Shoutbow’ish build, it was FINE Tested it on Cele Hambow, was fun but it rly needs optmalisation. Tested it with Maruder power build and it was garbage. 2 out of 3 builds i tested was strong/fine 1 was totaly bad. That makes Zerker UP BAD and UNPLAYABLE? Cuz you guys want to swap 1 traitlane and have same playstyle with more dmg and survi>? This is not mesmer nor guard guys… SORRY.

Who are you playing that lets you land F1 on sword? Lol seriously that is funny. Also other classes have far better abilities that make it so where if you have 2 thieves and 2 warriors on a team there gonna lose.

Also alot of what you said is funny cause you said “just cuz you guys cant land it doesnt mean whole class is bad” and what makes it so funny is the fact that all of the warriors F1 skills are telegraphed and easily dodged.

I dont mean to point the finger but i need to play the people you are who are letting you hit them with F1 skills in beserker mode.

The Zerker spec

in PvP

incisorr.9502

@incisorr.9502
You’re kidding right?

I have a thief since nearly 3 years m8.

In your eyes a mistake as thief is actually 10 mistakes because getting caught or doing something stupid is not something you consider a mistake since you just stealth out of it.

Bottom lane is that thieves are overpowered and forgiving as hell, you have too many stun breakers, 2 stealths that you can use during stun/always (steal and bomb thingy) with low cd, more stealths with animation/cast time. You have 18k hp or so with marauder which is almost the same as zerker warrior which they sort of need to keep up with dps. Zerker ele has 11k hp so they are forced to run marauder, except, they have only one TP and their stability lasts for such a short time and can be easily kited/waited out, they cant get out without their 32/40 sec TP while a thief always can

thieves and mesmers are insanely forgiving in this game which is hilarious cuz they’re supposed to take skill

The Zerker spec

in PvP

Posted by: alain.1659

alain.1659

3 years and rangers still have that glue eating internet explorer brained pet system. No more explanations needed.

The Zerker spec

in PvP

Posted by: SlayerSixx.5763

SlayerSixx.5763

@incisorr.9502
You’re kidding right?

+1 this
/15characters

+11 this

Stealth spam doesn’t get you the point. Stealth spam doesn’t get you the kill. Now that classes have more aoe DPS or more healing (or both in some cases), you’ll get dropped quite easily if you try to outlast them. You can’t outrun revenants. Druids and scrappers will laugh at your damage and most likely kill you eventually. Fall for a dragon’s maw and you’re most likely screwed or will be forced to burn shadow step, which will sometimes leave you screwed. Tempest is tempest (I’ve seen some gnarly tempest staff builds running around). Chrono doesn’t stealth much, but they’ve made up for that with a ton more blocks and invulns.

I’m wondering, have you played thief recently?

(edited by SlayerSixx.5763)

The Zerker spec

in PvP

Hannibal.5739

@incisorr
Just becuz u say u have a thief for 3 yrs doesn’t mean you know how to play one. I stop’d reading once you said thief was op & forgiving, you’re just making kitten up.

You think every thief plays the same weap set?
You think every thief is using the ghost build?
You think every thief is wearing marauder’s?

Stop assuming things. Thief is supposed to be a high risk high reward class but I’m not seeing the reward part of it. It’s clear to me that warrior is your main right now but please stop being sneaky & campaigning for a thief nerf

The Zerker spec

in PvP

Posted by: FeelsAlright.5860

FeelsAlright.5860

@incisorr.9502
You’re kidding right?

I have a thief since nearly 3 years m8.

In your eyes a mistake as thief is actually 10 mistakes because getting caught or doing something stupid is not something you consider a mistake since you just stealth out of it.

Bottom lane is that thieves are overpowered and forgiving as hell, you have too many stun breakers, 2 stealths that you can use during stun/always (steal and bomb thingy) with low cd, more stealths with animation/cast time. You have 18k hp or so with marauder which is almost the same as zerker warrior which they sort of need to keep up with dps. Zerker ele has 11k hp so they are forced to run marauder, except, they have only one TP and their stability lasts for such a short time and can be easily kited/waited out, they cant get out without their 32/40 sec TP while a thief always can

thieves and mesmers are insanely forgiving in this game which is hilarious cuz they’re supposed to take skill

You may have had a thief character for 3 years, but you certainly haven’t played it in 3 years.

It seems like you as a player have a problem versus people with stealth and getting stunned. Not thieves.

Vipassana

The Zerker spec

in PvP

Posted by: Lavexis.5360

Lavexis.5360

870k dps as gs/axe shield marauder warrior..

I don’t think that is little

Attachments:

The Zerker spec

in PvP

Posted by: Mefiq.7039

Mefiq.7039

Daredevils have 3/4 evades rest of classes have 2. Even if F1 Warr skills are telegraphed it doesnt mean you cant setup 100%sure hit. Hammer + AXE/Shield is great example. You bash enemy head with hammer making him burn stunbreaks. Then SWAP Shieldbash F1 for nice dmg.
I will write it AGAIN. JUST CUZ YOU CANT LAND IT DOESNT MEAN CLASS IS BAD.
As a Thief main if i use Heartseeker in wrong time i will die, dunno why you guys as warriors expect game to be any less forgiving for you. Telegraphed skills my kitten , Once it lands is auto win or forcing enemy to run, but BUFF DMG, I hope they will make your F1 skills do 1000000 dmg cuz u guys will still fail to use it properly. Out of 6 Gs skills 6 of them force Evade from enemy… So its bad yes?
Warrior is easy to start with but its not easy to master. Most of enemies will know your spells and animations and will know proper counterplay. Still it doesnt mean class itself is bad. Warriors have many “Game Changing” Mechanics that are great for team. Proper use of Rampage and other heavy hitting spells can push your team to the winning.

@incisorr.9502
Cant tell if TROLL or what. Again someone thinks that stealth is godmode, even if you stealth while stunned YOUR STILL STUNNED JUST CLEAVE and UR DEAD. Thief got less survi and less dmg than most other maruders, Thier whole strength is fact that they can basically burst any given time if needed.

“Im speaker of Truth” – Mefiq.7039 2015

The Zerker spec

in PvP

Posted by: Lavexis.5360

Lavexis.5360

?
congrats but 1 match means nothing sry

ok do you want me to screenie other matches where i did more than 500k dps as warrior?

this is a joke, even if i show you tons of other screenie you will still making some other excuses… warriors can do damage.

this post is l2p issue

The Zerker spec

in PvP

Posted by: micheal.8793

micheal.8793

Zerker is a terrible elite spec. Warriors are trash tier.

The Zerker spec

in PvP

incisorr.9502

@incisorr.9502
You’re kidding right?

+1 this
/15characters

+11 this

Stealth spam doesn’t get you the point. Stealth spam doesn’t get you the kill. Now that classes have more aoe DPS or more healing (or both in some cases), you’ll get dropped quite easily if you try to outlast them. You can’t outrun revenants. Druids and scrappers will laugh at your damage and most likely kill you eventually. Fall for a dragon’s maw and you’re most likely screwed or will be forced to burn shadow step, which will sometimes leave you screwed.

stealth spam doesn’t get you the point but neither does dying, which is what classes without stealth happen to do when they are put in a situation a thief would
stealth spam does get you kills cause you can just heal forever and fight only when you win
you cant outrun revenants? -revenants are patehtic and broken trash class that should be nerfed cuz atm is too easy to play, bad point
druids and scrappers ? – both are kittened, overly-forgiving, require nerfs asap, bad point
dragons maw? do you see me saying that dragon hunters are balanced? cuz they are not

thieves are easy and forgiving cause they have the option of stealth which others don’t , if you think thief is weak then go imagine trying to play another class

It seems like you as a player have a problem versus people with stealth and getting stunned. Not thieves.

my problem in this game is that stealth is forgiving and broken as kitten and it makes all classes with it easy and unfair in comparison to classes without it, there are not enough reveal skills in the game and even if there were, all the classes wtih stealth also have teleports and superspeed on demand cause kitten balance and kitten logic

i’ve done more, multiple times, doesn’t make warriors good, they were in the previous patch but this patch is a trainwreck

Daredevils have 3/4 evades rest of classes have 2. Even if F1 Warr skills are telegraphed it doesnt mean you cant setup 100%sure hit. Hammer + AXE/Shield is great example. You bash enemy head with hammer making him burn stunbreaks. Then SWAP Shieldbash F1 for nice dmg.
I will write it AGAIN. JUST CUZ YOU CANT LAND IT DOESNT MEAN CLASS IS BAD.

You can’t land it cuz they have 500 dodges, try playing any other class without energy sigil so i can laugh when you dodge twice and are kittening dead, talk about forgiving, rofl. I recently had to swap out my dmg sigil on my ele for energy because running out of endurance was too problematic, how fair is that? oh right, its not

thief can be stunned in stealth but luckily for him he has 500 teleports with low cd like shadow step or steal with 18 seconds cd cause why the kitten not

so funny when thieves start arguing that they are up , same kitten as mesmers

the most broken classes cry the hardest, imagine if u actually had to have skill and play good like normal dps builds / classes do (warrior/ranger)

The Zerker spec

in PvP

Hannibal.5739

“thief can be stunned in stealth but luckily for him he has 500 teleports with low cd like shadow step or steal with 18 seconds cd cause why the kitten not”

incisorr that statement right there just proves you don’t know kitten about thief. FYI shadow step has a long cd & when the hell did steal become a teleport. You keep saying thieves are easy & you play warrior lol. Just tell the truth you want warrior to be op & all the other classes nerf’d into the ground so you can roflstomp the opposition.

The Zerker spec

in PvP

SlayerSixx.5763

@incisorr.9502
You’re kidding right?

+1 this
/15characters

+11 this

Stealth spam doesn’t get you the point. Stealth spam doesn’t get you the kill. Now that classes have more aoe DPS or more healing (or both in some cases), you’ll get dropped quite easily if you try to outlast them. You can’t outrun revenants. Druids and scrappers will laugh at your damage and most likely kill you eventually. Fall for a dragon’s maw and you’re most likely screwed or will be forced to burn shadow step, which will sometimes leave you screwed.

stealth spam doesn’t get you the point but neither does dying, which is what classes without stealth happen to do when they are put in a situation a thief would
stealth spam does get you kills cause you can just heal forever and fight only when you win
you cant outrun revenants? -revenants are patehtic and broken trash class that should be nerfed cuz atm is too easy to play, bad point
druids and scrappers ? – both are kittened, overly-forgiving, require nerfs asap, bad point
dragons maw? do you see me saying that dragon hunters are balanced? cuz they are not

thieves are easy and forgiving cause they have the option of stealth which others don’t , if you think thief is weak then go imagine trying to play another class

Warrior can get the hell out if he finds that after his first PASSIVELY proccing EP, he isn’t getting anywhere.

Ele can lolheal through everything AND can escape with ease.

Mesmer can stealth almost as hard AND gets invulns AND 2 teleports if escape is necessary.

My point about revenant being almost as fast (if not faster in some cases)as thief isn’t a bad point. In fact,its the only point. You pop stealth to break UA and get pounced on again in 10s.

Druids and scrappers can out sustain you till kingdom come. How on earth is this a bad point?

I’m not even talking about how crazy reveal is, BTW. All this stealth and TOP tier theives are all but ready to quit thief.

You say thief is ridiculously forgiving, but then turn around and say that the fact that the specs I mentioned are even more forgiving is a moot point and that you refuse to accept that, currently, there are classes much stronger than thief.

Brother, idk what hell you went through, but you certainly need to wake up and smell the crap scented roses. I understand that you’re mad about berserker and, believe me, everyone who mains warrior is also salty about it as well, but this ridiculous 2013 level of thief bias shouldn’t exist anymore.

The only reliable stun break available on most thief builds is shadow step. Coincidentally, it also happens to be the most reliable source of condition cleansing. Sure, SA cleanses, but you can no longer outlast your targets anymore. Daredevil’s dodges are adequate at best.

Also, ranger requiring skill? Ranger is literally the lowest in terms of skill floor out of all of the classes.

By the way, I believe a little (a lot) of formatting and grammar checking would be in order, sir.

(edited by SlayerSixx.5763)

The Zerker spec

in PvP

Posted by: Sykper.6583

Sykper.6583

Maybe this is why we Warriors are…

Always Angry.

….I’ll be playing with this stick in the corner now.

Suicidal Warrior.
Putting Perspective on Zerg Sizes since 2012. Common Suffixes for 40+ include ~Zilla and ~Train
“Seriously, just dodge.”

The Zerker spec

in PvP

incisorr.9502

@incisorr.9502
You’re kidding right?

+1 this
/15characters

+11 this

Warrior can get the hell out if he finds that after his first PASSIVELY proccing EP, he isn’t getting anywhere.

Ele can lolheal through everything AND can escape with ease.

Mesmer can stealth almost as hard AND gets invulns AND 2 teleports if escape is necessary.

Also, ranger requiring skill? Ranger is literally the lowest in terms of skill floor out of all of the classes.

By the way, I believe a little (a lot) of formatting and grammar checking would be in order, sir.

you shouldn’t be allowed to post your cancerous kittenty opinion on these forums because you might delude someone that doesn’t understand the game or pvp with your cancerous kitten

warrior can disengage with passive procing endure pain are you kittening kittenting me? ROFL. WHAT THE kitten? 4 seconds endure pain that doesn’t protect you vs CC or condition damage is gonna save you how exactly? You have no high ground teleports, 1 /2 dashes at most which are pretty kittenty and thats kittening it. How can you compare endure pain to stealth is beyond me, do you even play this kittening game? i’ve never seen endure pain save anyone cuz they’re usually perma slowed and condi dmg kills his kitten
even if you pop zerker stance + endure pain you still die cuz you cant outrun half of the classes in the game anyway since they are forgiving and easy as kitten

ele can lolheal ? ele has one heal when attuning to water what lolheal learn the kittening classes rofl elementalist gets utterly destroyed when zerged and it will not get out of anything like a stealth would

mesmers? No kitten, they are the most kittened class in the game followed by thieves

ranger requires the least skill out of all classes? so having one very unreliable stealth as your only disengage along with one dash is now suddenly low skill cap? I am kittening amazed at how hilarious random casuals are,

let me teach you COMMON SENSE so if you sit there and think about it a bit you should figure it out

Having LESS tools to do the things you want to do doesn’t mean your class requires less skill but MORE because its HARDER FOR YOU TO DO YOUR JOB. So now do you see why warrior and ranger take skill? Because both of them have kittenty disengage in comparison to Mesmer/Thief/Whatever other kittened overly-forgiving kitten there is in this game.

If you’re doing 3v3 on mid point and one of your guys leaves cause hes autistic kitten and the other one dies then you’re stuck 1v3, what do you do as a thief? Stealth, tp to high ground easy kittening peasy
what do you do as warrior? Endure pain but you’re crippled, chilled , slowed, feared, confused, bleeding, burning, whatever. If you’re mad kittening good warrior then you have energy sigil on your GS and you do endure pain + healing signet for resistance buff, dodge, swap to gs, dodge, charge, dodge again and then you’re MAYBE safe, you hope theres no thief or mesmer chasing you with their infinite overly-forgiving easy mode teleports but alas, your hope was for nothing cause theres always a kittened thief or mesmer chasing you and you die

you have one kittening rush with warrior and thats bout it, even a cripple monkey will catch you, you have to do so many things in order to disengage properly as warrior and its still nowhere nearly as efficient as it is on thief or mesmer which are easy as hell.
As a ranger if you use bow 2/3 on a guy that runs behind you (happens all the time) then they go on cd and you’re kittened and you wanna tell me that kitten is forgiving? Rofl. It requires kittenload of more consideration to actually land your kitten properly than a thief does

shadow step long cd? Its shorter than otehr classes’s disengage tools so shut the kitten up

i dont understand what kind of an aborigen you have to be to think that thief is hard when it has no cast animation on demand free disengage and escape and you can literally fail over and over before you die but a class that goes in and has to absolutely know all of its trades and be considerate of the battlefield and when to leave / where to be at any given time is “easy” in your opinion

the only real classes in this game are warrior , ranger, elementalist, necromancer and mind you im not talking about their bullkitten druid tempest reaper specs cuz these are broken and kittened as kitten

the other 4 classes, thief engi guardian and mesmer are overly-forgiving easy mode overpowered kitten for weak kittenters that won’t die after 10 mistakes in a row and they dont need to know their trades or anything cause if kitten ever goes wrong you can just stealth + tp or superspeed away or 30 sec invul

The Zerker spec

in PvP

Posted by: abc.5790

abc.5790

yo kdaddy the core rampage warrior doing so-so maybe even ok. But the new berserker spec is lacking synergy with the rest of the warrior traits. I’ve experimented with it and the results I get are not that great. Maybe with the help of anet doing a small buff, we soon discover builds that make sense.

[Star] In My Prono
EU Scrub

The Zerker spec

in PvP

Posted by: alain.1659

alain.1659

Before saying “this class needs no skill” please play with it against good opponents. In many cases if you got less tools to work, you need more thinking to do. Using the environment, choosing the right enemy at right time… You learn a lot when you play as a ranger against good opponents with “good” professions.

The Zerker spec

in PvP

Posted by: Rednik.3809

Rednik.3809

Hey, bro, can you give me your magic hammer with insta CC? Because my hammer seems kinda broken, backbreaker have 1sec cast time, so everyone and his grandma evading it.

Kiijna, Xast, Satis Ironwail, Sekhaina, Shira Forgesparkle, Sfeno, Nasibi, Tegeira, Rhonwe…
25 charracters

The Zerker spec

in PvP

kdaddy.5431

I can post screens of alot of dps too and this is rifle warrior with greatsword. It doesnt change the points.

We are discussing it from a TEAM perspective. How does it to 1 vs 1 and how does it do 2 vs 2 and 3 vs 3. Your post with bulls charge GS is a joke simply because only 1 person could use DPS warrior at a high level and he had to go back to shotbow after the WTS.

This is about viable builds for high level play. I dont know who you guys are facing who are seriously letting you hit them with a F1 skill and hundred blades. My points still stand about the new trait line and the fact people are using the OLD DPS WARRIOR BUILDS when all the classes got a little better.

Attachments:

The Zerker spec

in PvP

SlayerSixx.5763

-snip-

8s of invuln that doesn’t prevent cap contribution and can be used while still acting normally. 4 of this 8 passively procs, meaning you can’t be bursted down. If you’re facing more than one target, you’ve made some bad decisions.

What does a warrior do when focused? Enjoy his free invuln and stability. If he wants to fight, he has that option. It a thief gets focused by the same targets, the thief has no options like this. He MIGHT get his shadow step off before someone teleports after him and insta gibs him from melee/range.

Thanks to stealth, thief has absolutely nothing to protect them outside of it. Thanks to all of the burst, aoe, and reveal, even stealth can’t save a thief at times. The reveal has gotten so bad, using a refuge when a scrapper or herald is around is impossible. Reapers and dragon hunters will quite literally drop a nuke on that small circle and off you before your second stack of stealth.

I’ve seen endure pain save several warriors in a 1v1 (and certain 1v2 situations).

D/D ele has evasive arcana+ dagger 5+ cone of cold that can all be used at that very instant while proccing their signet. There’s a reason why D/D ele reigned supreme for the last while and it wasn’t because of damage.

You’re right about ranger having the least tools. That and the fact that these tools are the simplest to use/predict, make ranger not only a low skill class but quite easy to counter. You can’t gauge a class’ required skill level because of how little they have. You have to gauge it according to the difficulty it takes for those tools to be used and the fact of the matter is stealth/knock back + rapid fire is quite easily the simplest combo to do in the game. Hell, bulls rush + 100b takes more skill ( only marginally).

I remember picking up a ranger a week ago and racking up a cool 200+ points per game and nearly 18+ kills.

Thieves are characterised by their mobility, first and foremost. Them being able to quickly teleport and disengage is the reason why they have a little over half of a warrior’s HP and nearly 20% less armor.

Imagine a scenario where you, the warrior, are facing a thief (assuming both marauder and pack runes). The warrior makes a mistake? Eats a 7k back stab. Still has 17k HP. Thief makes a mistake? Eats a 7k whirl. Now has 10k HP. Warrior is capable of taking nearly another 3 of those back stabs. Thief can barely take one more whirlwind. At this point, the thief would try to stealth and activate basilisk venom go in for another back stab. He catches your back, fires a shadow shot is about to go in for the back stab. Assuming you’re not an idiot, you see the blind and know what’s coming next. You dodge and turn around. The thief is still trying to spam his back stabs till it lands and hits it but its on the front. You’ve taken 2k? damage from that, basilisk has procced but last stand breaks you out. The thief sees this as a cue to withdraw, but you toss GS and rush after him. He dodges the toss, but not the rush. Rush hits for 6kish. Whirl hits for another 7k. 2 auto swings and its GG. This isn’t including your hammer or axe/shield, which only makes life even harder for the thief since you can force the shadow step sooner.

Nowadays, all thief has been capable of doing is escaping. That’s it. They can’t fight a burn guard (its a guard, nuff said). They can’t fight a bunker (bunker will likely outlast them and whittle their HP into fine dust). They’re stuck intercepting other thieves/mesmers while the thicker classes duke it out on point.

You’re doing a 3v3 and you lose the team fight. kitten happens, friend. The thief wouldn’t even be able to properly contribute to a fight like that what with all of the aoe being tossed around. A funny joke about thief’s +1 role is that if every class was considered a 1 and thief can’t properly 1v1, what happens is thief actually equals 0< thief < 1. This is evident in the fact that if you stack thieves over, say, a warrior your team is bound to lose.

Shadow step has a 60s CD. I never said it was longer than other classes, I just said it was long (and it is).

Thief not needing to know other builds and what they pack? Thief not needing map awareness? Thief is the very definition of a class needing these things. A thief in the wrong place is a free kill, all the time.

Idk man, it almost feels like you don’t have any idea how the other classes work if you feel that guardian has a ton of invuln, or a mesmer is uncatchable (they’re not).

The Zerker spec

in PvP

SlayerSixx.5763

oops, double post.

The Zerker spec

in PvP

kdaddy.5431

-snip-

8s of invuln that doesn’t prevent cap contribution and can be used while still acting normally. 4 of this 8 passively procs, meaning you can’t be bursted down. If you’re facing more than one target, you’ve made some bad decisions.

What does a warrior do when focused? Enjoy his free invuln and stability. If he wants to fight, he has that option. It a thief gets focused by the same targets, the thief has no options like this. He MIGHT get his shadow step off before someone teleports after him and insta gibs him from melee/range.

Thanks to stealth, thief has absolutely nothing to protect them outside of it. Thanks to all of the burst, aoe, and reveal, even stealth can’t save a thief at times. The reveal has gotten so bad, using a refuge when a scrapper or herald is around is impossible. Reapers and dragon hunters will quite literally drop a nuke on that small circle and off you before your second stack of stealth.

I’ve seen endure pain save several warriors in a 1v1 (and certain 1v2 situations).

D/D ele has evasive arcana+ dagger 5+ cone of cold that can all be used at that very instant while proccing their signet. There’s a reason why D/D ele reigned supreme for the last while and it wasn’t because of damage.

You’re right about ranger having the least tools. That and the fact that these tools are the simplest to use/predict, make ranger not only a low skill class but quite easy to counter. You can’t gauge a class’ required skill level because of how little they have. You have to gauge it according to the difficulty it takes for those tools to be used and the fact of the matter is stealth/knock back + rapid fire is quite easily the simplest combo to do in the game. Hell, bulls rush + 100b takes more skill ( only marginally).

I remember picking up a ranger a week ago and racking up a cool 200+ points per game and nearly 18+ kills.

Thieves are characterised by their mobility, first and foremost. Them being able to quickly teleport and disengage is the reason why they have a little over half of a warrior’s HP and nearly 20% less armor.

Imagine a scenario where you, the warrior, are facing a thief (assuming both marauder and pack runes). The warrior makes a mistake? Eats a 7k back stab. Still has 17k HP. Thief makes a mistake? Eats a 7k whirl. Now has 10k HP. Warrior is capable of taking nearly another 3 of those back stabs. Thief can barely take one more whirlwind. At this point, the thief would try to stealth and activate basilisk venom go in for another back stab. He catches your back, fires a shadow shot is about to go in for the back stab. Assuming you’re not an idiot, you see the blind and know what’s coming next. You dodge and turn around. The thief is still trying to spam his back stabs till it lands and hits it but its on the front. You’ve taken 2k? damage from that, basilisk has procced but last stand breaks you out. The thief sees this as a cue to withdraw, but you toss GS and rush after him. He dodges the toss, but not the rush. Rush hits for 6kish. Whirl hits for another 7k. 2 auto swings and its GG. This isn’t including your hammer or axe/shield, which only makes life even harder for the thief since you can force the shadow step sooner.

Nowadays, all thief has been capable of doing is escaping. That’s it. They can’t fight a burn guard (its a guard, nuff said). They can’t fight a bunker (bunker will likely outlast them and whittle their HP into fine dust). They’re stuck intercepting other thieves/mesmers while the thicker classes duke it out on point.

You’re doing a 3v3 and you lose the team fight. kitten happens, friend. The thief wouldn’t even be able to properly contribute to a fight like that what with all of the aoe being tossed around. A funny joke about thief’s +1 role is that if every class was considered a 1 and thief can’t properly 1v1, what happens is thief actually equals 0< thief < 1. This is evident in the fact that if you stack thieves over, say, a warrior your team is bound to lose.

Shadow step has a 60s CD. I never said it was longer than other classes, I just said it was long (and it is).

Thief not needing to know other builds and what they pack? Thief not needing map awareness? Thief is the very definition of a class needing these things. A thief in the wrong place is a free kill, all the time.

Idk man, it almost feels like you don’t have any idea how the other classes work if you feel that guardian has a ton of invuln, or a mesmer is uncatchable (they’re not).

A thief and a warrior of the same skill level, the thief should win every time.

Shadow step-blinds- added dodges and everyone should know how to play against rampage and stances. There is a reason warriors have been poor mans something. There have always been decent builds for warriors to play at high level competition but never the meta. (Except maybe 2-3 months of hambow) Though i agree thieves are in the same situation as warriors atm.