The ability to save trait allocation/builds

in PvP

Posted by: Neare.9703

Neare.9703

Perhaps we could see something like this in the future for the pvp trait window. Such as a drop down menu that would allow us to save trait allocations and change between them quickly while sitting in HoTM. Even more so useful would be for this to save equipment and utilities also, so it would both save a lot of time and stop our little bags getting full of different armour and weapon combinations.

Nothing necessary of course, but it would be a nice addition.

in PvP

Posted by: Valkyriez.6578

Valkyriez.6578

More than a nice addition, it should be a staple. At least the ability to have 3 saved sets of everything and sell additional slots for gems. It would be useful for every facet of the game.

in PvP

Posted by: Empathetic Fighter.2065

Empathetic Fighter.2065

I have to waste 3 spots for guards because I run 3 different builds. Seems like A-Net not want this feature to be in the game or is not capable of programming it or have other important stuff.

Read It Backwards [BooN]

in PvP

Posted by: KratosAngel.7289

KratosAngel.7289

No saving builds is the reason why I play WvW with PvE build or play PvE with a WvW build.
Not that I don’t wanna pay every time (though I’d love to see a separation between PvE and WvW spec), but the fact that you have each and every time to remember and put again all your traits is extremely boring.

in PvP

Posted by: Enmity.3428

Enmity.3428

This would be a fantastic feature to have.

in PvP

Posted by: Oni Link.4621

Oni Link.4621

No saving builds is the reason why I play WvW with PvE build or play PvE with a WvW build.
Not that I don’t wanna pay every time (though I’d love to see a separation between PvE and WvW spec), but the fact that you have each and every time to remember and put again all your traits is extremely boring.

Agree, that is why I never go to WvW, it’s really too annoying to switch build. PVE speaking bothers me the change between speedrun build and serious build too.

SPVP speaking it is even more annoying, most of times I don’t change the build because it is way too annoying.

Every time I log in, I’m surprised to see the lack of “trait pages”, mah.

in PvP

Posted by: RoRo.8270

RoRo.8270

They should have had it similar to gw1 where you could save build templates and double click them to switch to them in outposts also you could easily share builds with other players. So much for taking what people loved from gw1 and improving on it..

in PvP

Posted by: JoopFOX.9510

JoopFOX.9510

Yes I also ended up making more characters just so I could access different builds faster. We really need this.

Professor James – Mesmer

in PvP

Posted by: Defektive.7283

Defektive.7283

As a developer, depending on their DB architecture this can be both simple and difficult.

They already do this to an extent where zoning between PvP / PvE wields different builds. But depending on their current DB table relationships you may be asking them for a bigger task then what’s needed at this current moment in the games life cycle.

tPvP Warrior
http://www.twitch.tv/defektive
Team Blacklisted [Envy]

in PvP

Posted by: Pyriall.5027

Pyriall.5027

They’re already working on it as a means to monetize the pvp side. You’ll receive one free template and others will be purchased through the gem process.

in PvP

Posted by: Cosine.7841

Cosine.7841

They’re already working on it as a means to monetize the pvp side. You’ll receive one free template and others will be purchased through the gem process.

Where was this mentioned?

in PvP

Posted by: Oni Link.4621

Oni Link.4621

As a developer, depending on their DB architecture this can be both simple and difficult.

They already do this to an extent where zoning between PvP / PvE wields different builds. But depending on their current DB table relationships you may be asking them for a bigger task then what’s needed at this current moment in the games life cycle.

In my opinion, it is more an issue of UI than database. They may also save it locally on your PC rather than on the server (very bad idea but very easy to implement).
I guess they didn’t it only because of UI changes needed for that.

Where was this mentioned?

That is just a his idea, no one from dev team ever said that as far as I know.