The best Thief players

The best Thief players

in PvP

Posted by: Khenzy.9348

Khenzy.9348

I don’t claim to be amazing at it or anything, this build has only been around for about two weeks. When I first started playing it Caed would beat me like 9/10 duels. Now we have extremely close outcomes which usually end up being a 1 blind or 1 daze difference (see my youtube).

Sees youtube

Hey hey hey! that’s some solid play! Thief duels involve very twitchy gameplay indeed.

The best Thief players

in PvP

Posted by: Deniara Devious.3948

Deniara Devious.3948

you need more skill for spvp, i think www is pretty good but mostly real skilled pvp players don’t play it because you need to level up in pve in order to play it properly. rarely lose to thiefes in www, they lack experience and are easy to read.
spvp>>>>>>>>www

Hmm. I play mostly WvWvW in euro tier #1. Doing my solo roaming runs I see enemy players with champion xxx titles, mercenary or avenger titles. I have seen also some Mist Walkers etc. That already requires 7473500 pvp match points. Does that imply that they are good in pvp?

I find most of them relatively easy to win in a true 1-vs-1 situation. And I really do NOT consider myself to be a particularly good player. I have slow reflexes, but I know how all the 8 professions work since I play them all. And I am very good at guessing what the enemy does next. Surely anybody can beat anybody in 1-vs-many, but I was talking about a duel situation.

Deniara / Ayna – I want the original WvWvW maps back – Desolation [EU]

(edited by Deniara Devious.3948)

The best Thief players

in PvP

Posted by: Xeph.4513

Xeph.4513

you need more skill for spvp, i think www is pretty good but mostly real skilled pvp players don’t play it because you need to level up in pve in order to play it properly. rarely lose to thiefes in www, they lack experience and are easy to read.
spvp>>>>>>>>www

Hmm. I play mostly WvWvW in euro tier #1. Doing my solo roaming runs I see enemy players with champion xxx titles, mercenary or avenger titles. I have seen also some Mist Walkers etc. That already requires 7473500 pvp match points. Does that imply that they are good in pvp?

I find most of them relatively easy to win in a true 1-vs-1 situation. And I really do NOT consider myself to be a particularly good player. I have slow reflexes, but I know how all the 8 professions work since I play them all. And I am very good at guessing what the enemy does next. Surely anybody can beat anybody in 1-vs-many, but I was talking about a duel situation.

There is no one currently in spvp with the mist walker title. :<

Team Paradigm.
Xeph.

The best Thief players

in PvP

Posted by: haviz.1340

haviz.1340

Some mist walkers, right.

The best Thief players

in PvP

Posted by: Mouby.7096

Mouby.7096

Suldaris.

No doubt about it.

The best Thief players

in PvP

Posted by: Expansive.3716

Expansive.3716

lol this was arguably one of the most enjoyable threads i’ve read in quite some time.

Some of you take the game a bit too serious though, live a little

The best Thief players

in PvP

Posted by: Anhellbro.7210

Anhellbro.7210

I am lol. 0 Thiefs win me 1vs1 from realese…

The best Thief players

in PvP

Posted by: evilapprentice.6379

evilapprentice.6379

I am lol. 0 Thiefs win me 1vs1 from realese…

And I’ve never Mommy-Daddy Sheet Monstered myself.

IE – we’re both lying.

If you’re a thief and haven’t
pre-ordered HOT at this point,
save yourself the money and don’t bother.

The best Thief players

in PvP

Posted by: jportell.2197

jportell.2197

Honestly why is this discussion even going on still? Being a good thief player or player of any class for that matter is based on the dynamic of your team… if you are playing a class or build that doesn’t fit the role your team needs with their play style then you are going to seem like a bad player… Hell depending on the match up I have seen thieves run 0/0/30/20/20 with clerics and the sole purpose of trolling 3 of the other team because people get tunnel vision and think “THIEF OMG MUST KILL!” so doing this keeps a good part of their team busy while your team does other things…

Some may say that isn’t useful at all to your team but as long as you are keeping 2 or more of them on focused on you… then your team is out numbering them else where.

Johnny The Gray
GASM’s Bunker Mesmer

The best Thief players

in PvP

Posted by: Forsaker.9213

Forsaker.9213

Suldaris.

No doubt about it.

LoL macro thief is always OP :P

Jim of course is the best

The best Thief players

in PvP

Posted by: Braunijs.1596

Braunijs.1596

Ollinator is the best

Skinny Kids Are Easy To Kidnap [Van]
Pink Deamon

The best Thief players

in PvP

Posted by: Archaon.6245

Archaon.6245

Best player, not only best thief is the one who has the best team supporting him.

The best Thief players

in PvP

Posted by: Lithril Ashwalker.6230

Lithril Ashwalker.6230

well, at first i though Yishis was good, he may be good at some points but when you ask him something in game he gets this “im better than you” attitude and blocks you.
never replies back to you, and if you ask which is better such as the new nomenclatures (assassins gear vs berserkers) hell just ignore you…KITTENING egos on a game i swear.

The best Thief players

in PvP

Posted by: Excalibur.9748

Excalibur.9748

This sort of thing is really subjective.

All is vain.

The best Thief players

in PvP

Posted by: Derps.7421

Derps.7421

Martin is the best thief

Dr. Professor Evil – Engi
Stunned Girls Can’t Say No <Hawt>

The best Thief players

in PvP

Posted by: LegendaryLukeee.1462

LegendaryLukeee.1462

Im gonna say vanish is best na thief, as seen in the mlg tourney

Lily | Lukeee
twitch.tv/legendarylukeee

The best Thief players

in PvP

Posted by: Lux.7169

Lux.7169

Active? Caed for NA and Lady Nag Nag EU

I still think Jumper is the best even though he hasn’t been playing the past month. His technical finesse and awareness is phenomenal.

There are definitely about 10 other thieves off the top of my head just fractions of a point in skill levels below them (in my mental book of top thieves).

[SoF]

(edited by Lux.7169)

The best Thief players

in PvP

Posted by: Merlin Dyfed Avalon.5046

Merlin Dyfed Avalon.5046

really? this guy clicks on his utility skills lol. was this a troll?

I am always amused at peope saying this , clicking skills has nothing to do with skill.
yes things are easymode with a nostromo or 10 button mouse, real skill lies in clicking your utilities ^^
iow the argument of “look he is clicking his skills” is utter.. and ..complete…bullkitten ^^

54 infractions and counting because a moderator doesn’t understand a joke when he/she sees it.
E.A.D.

The best Thief players

in PvP

Posted by: GankSinatra.2653

GankSinatra.2653

No it isnt. If you click you cannot look at the entirity of the screen, or rather the middle, where all the action happens. And especially a utility like a stunbreak, you have to bind those because its simply faster. The world fastest bestest clicker is never going to be faster than a moderate player with keybinds.

Think of it like this: if you click once and you’re 0.2 second slower, ok you probably wont notice that too much. But in an extended fight its 0.2+0.2+0.2+0.2 etc, and in a highly competitive game every second counts.

(edited by GankSinatra.2653)

The best Thief players

in PvP

Posted by: Luman.2380

Luman.2380

Magic Toker hands down

Quilja – Apex Prime [APeX]

The best Thief players

in PvP

Posted by: Archaon.6245

Archaon.6245

Best thieves…or best thieves not using macros? There’s a big difference…expec talking about many “top” ones..

The best Thief players

in PvP

Posted by: Excalibur.9748

Excalibur.9748

A lot of thieves impress me, but most stand out is Jumper.

All is vain.

The best Thief players

in PvP

Posted by: Kolly.9872

Kolly.9872

There’s a lot of good thieves that are simply no name just because they don’t care of showing their skills on you tube, cutting all their mistakes for the good plays.
I still consider jumper one of the best, but there are a lot in my mind I would consider pro at this class

Thief might not be as strong as last year
but they’re a lot stronger
than they will be next year!

The best Thief players

in PvP

Posted by: Merlin Dyfed Avalon.5046

Merlin Dyfed Avalon.5046

No it isnt. If you click you cannot look at the entirity of the screen, or rather the middle, where all the action happens. And especially a utility like a stunbreak, you have to bind those because its simply faster. The world fastest bestest clicker is never going to be faster than a moderate player with keybinds.

Think of it like this: if you click once and you’re 0.2 second slower, ok you probably wont notice that too much. But in an extended fight its 0.2+0.2+0.2+0.2 etc, and in a highly competitive game every second counts.

yes it does.. it doesn’t say anything about skill thoug..

54 infractions and counting because a moderator doesn’t understand a joke when he/she sees it.
E.A.D.