The curious case of class stacking

in PvP

Posted by: Cynz.9437

Cynz.9437

Out of 7 matches so far, 4 of them had double thief on my team but none on enemy’s. What gives, Anet? You refuse to bring thief on same level as other classes because thief is roamer but stack thieves 24/7 on same team.

All is Vain~
[Teef] guild :>

in PvP

Posted by: Tiefsee.3647

Tiefsee.3647

I don’t see the problem, i love double thief, specially on the enemy team

in PvP

Posted by: pelle ossa.9705

pelle ossa.9705

Out of 7 matches so far, 4 of them had double thief on my team but none on enemy’s. What gives, Anet? You refuse to bring thief on same level as other classes because thief is roamer but stack thieves 24/7 on same team.

i play dh , and im always in a team with 2 dh… but mon 1 match i was with 3 teef at start (then 2 of them rerolled)

in PvP

Posted by: Menyus.4610

Menyus.4610

Oh those rerolls are my favs
- Guys can any of you reroll?
- Sure!
- Rerolls to engineer
- Cant do kitten with it dies in seconds etc….

There is a reason someone qued up witha certain class, why not just make an mm without class stackin?

in PvP

Tiefsee.3647

- Sure!
- Rerolls to engineer

There is a reason someone qued up witha certain class, why not just make an mm without class stackin?

That’s why i reroll from my condy mesmer to my power mesmer -^_^-

in PvP

Posted by: Wargameur.6950

Wargameur.6950

I think we tend to remark thief stacking more because :

1°) We play the same class
2°) Thief stacking hurts more than stacking from other classes

In my case: On 4 ranked games played 3 had 2-4 thieves in the game ( me included ) today. I won’t draw a conclusion. But I suppose I didn’t played enough games to draw a conclusion.

main ~ Esper Jace (Thief )/ Ellundril Jiluan
(mesmer ) – EU [Teef]

in PvP

Posted by: apharma.3741

apharma.3741

- Sure!
- Rerolls to engineer

That’s why i reroll from my condy mesmer to my power mesmer -^_^-

or support/healer necro…just take my upvote.

in PvP

Posted by: Enokitake.1742

Enokitake.1742

They’ve had years to fix class stacking and they hadn’t, now you get matchups like this in single/duo queue ranked season

One class per team unless two of them duo queue together.

in PvP

Cynz.9437

Ok another double thief on my team and none on enemies and i am not even done with placement matches yet. How does it work, Anet? Also, can we actually start banning people for flaming thief players or we just gonna have s1/s2 all over again?

Thieves are not designed to be on same level as other classes because they are roamers, which does NOT work with class stacking and worse part thieves get flamed and harassed by teammates consistently for simply playing the class. That screams that something is wrong. Help us out here, Anet. Players should not get punished so harshly just because balancing team has decided that thieves should be garbage fighters.

All is Vain~

(edited by Cynz.9437)

in PvP

Posted by: Interpret Interrupt.3824

Interpret Interrupt.3824

Double thief ele X X would be good.
Maybe this thread should be my team doesnt have an ele

K Pop
The Warrior, The Necro, The F1 Connoisseur
http://www.twitch.tv/interpretinterrupt

in PvP

Enokitake.1742

Ok another double thief on my team and none on enemies and i am not even done with placement matches yet. How does it work, Anet? Also, can we actually start banning people for flaming thief players or we just gonna have s1/s2 all over again?

Thieves are not designed to be on same level as other classes because they are roamers, which does NOT work with class stacking and worse part thieves get flamed and harassed by teammates consistently for simply playing the class. That screams that something is wrong. Help us out here, Anet. Players should not get punished so harshly just because balancing team has decided that thieves should be garbage fighters.

I felt this way earlier about 10 times … Then I said kitten it and started playing my guard/war again. I figure I can at least get team stacks in my favor.

(edited by Enokitake.1742)

in PvP

Cynz.9437

I felt this way earlier about 10 times … Then I said kitten it and started playing my guard/war again. I figure I can at least get team stacks in my favor.

Still doesn’t change the fact that thief is designed around… having 1 thief on team but game constantly stacks two of the on same team and community makes it even worse by flaming thief players 24/7. And i know for fact, customer support won’t move a finger like in previous seasons.

All is Vain~

in PvP

Enokitake.1742

Still doesn’t change the fact that thief is designed around… having 1 thief on team but game constantly stacks two of the on same team and community makes it even worse by flaming thief players 24/7. And i know for fact, customer support won’t move a finger like in previous seasons.

This is true. Its pretty unfair, but other players are devising a solution to this issue. lol.

in PvP

Cynz.9437

This is true. Its pretty unfair, but other players are devising a solution to this issue. lol.

Once again, proves that balancing team a very very poor job and players get punished for it.

All is Vain~

(edited by Cynz.9437)

in PvP

Posted by: bLind.6278

bLind.6278

3rd (?) game I played this season had 5 guardians, 4 mesmers, and me on my warrior.

Was a strange game.

One foot out the door, yet again.

in PvP

Tiefsee.3647

3rd (?) game I played this season had 5 guardians, 4 mesmers, and me on my warrior.

Was a strange game.

pleas tell me, the mesmers and guards are not all in the same team?

in PvP

Posted by: ReaperJr.5967

ReaperJr.5967

I don’t see what’s wrong with double thief. They are perfectly capable of holding a point now. I’ve been downed as an ele against a thief on point, and before you say I’m mechanically bad you’re welcome to duel me.

Lord Ninth \\ Champion Magus
- Primordial Legend
Semi-active.

in PvP

Cynz.9437

I don’t see what’s wrong with double thief. They are perfectly capable of holding a point now. I’ve been downed as an ele against a thief on point, and before you say I’m mechanically bad you’re welcome to duel me.

Given same skill level (and let’s assume for a second that matchmaking actually works for once) double thief is bad comp and will always lose. The only time double thief wins is when enemy is bad. The problem is not just double thief, take double ele – gl capping anything, double druid – same issue.

All is Vain~

in PvP

Posted by: ReaperJr.5967

ReaperJr.5967

Given same skill level (and let’s assume for a second that matchmaking actually works for once) double thief is bad comp and will always lose. The only time double thief wins is when enemy is bad. The problem is not just double thief, take double ele – gl capping anything, double druid – same issue.

That’s debatable. Moreover the scenario of having the same skill level will never occur anyway. I’ve had no problems with double ele or ele+druid so far. Haven’t encountered a double druid yet.

Lord Ninth \\ Champion Magus
- Primordial Legend
Semi-active.

in PvP

Posted by: Alpha Bladie.2956

Alpha Bladie.2956

Anet is so full of bull. Oh yea, we should just git gud and carry our teams regardless right? LMAO. Check it out:

Attachments:

in PvP

Tiefsee.3647

That’s debatable. Moreover the scenario of having the same skill level will never occur anyway. I’ve had no problems with double ele or ele+druid so far. Haven’t encountered a double druid yet.

Encountered tripple druid – and none on our side…. so yeah…. guess who won?

in PvP

Posted by: Mawtaw.7432

Mawtaw.7432

I think if they remove the class-daily from the ranked matches will fix the problem.

in PvP

Tiefsee.3647

I think if they remove the class-daily from the ranked matches will fix the problem.

No, often there are classes stacked that aren’t daily – i love when dailys are stacked at enemy and hate it when they are stacked in my team, because mostvof the time they can’t play it as good as their main class

in PvP

Enokitake.1742

Nah, its just because it doesn’t filter by class when it match makes you. Or if it does it doesn’t do it very well.

It should look at the solo queue teams and ask “does red team already have a <class>, if so put <class> on blue team, if blue team has <class> too, put on team with lesser number of <class>”.

…which it obviously isn’t doing right now, lol.

in PvP

Posted by: Entenkommando.5208

Entenkommando.5208

I really don’t understand why it’s so hard to implement a system at least seemingly preventing class stacking.
Of course you can always reroll but it should be obvious that most people que ranked with their class of choice, their best class and that rerolling should only be the last option.
I’m not even talking about limiting classes or profession based MMR. All I want is that the servers equally distribute professions at the start of the game.
How can it be that I’m starting a game with 4 guards against 1 guard? At least make it 3v2 that way potentially less people have to reroll. But instead I was forced to go nec and obviously got hit in the face pretty hard because I didn’t really have a dedicated support.
Same story with all the examples where you play with 2 thieves against 0. There aren’t too many thieves, the system just fails in distributing them correctly.

A simple algorithm that equally balances the number of professions (+-1 if uneven) as soon as there is more than one of them really can’t be that hard to implement. Then you have a lot less potential need for profession limits, profession MMR etc.

R.I.P Kodasch Allianz [KoA]

All we wanted was a GvG.