The definitive guide to winning pvp in gw2

in PvP

Posted by: Aza.2105

Aza.2105

1. Take as many passives as you can.
2. Take as many AI skills you can.
3. Spam every skill you have off CD, even if you don’t need it.
4. Dodge even when no one is there attacking.
5. Spam aoe with team mates, pretending like you are assisting even though you are hitting another guy next to the guy targeted.

Win

Amd Ryzen 1800x – Amd Fury X -64GB of ram
Windows 10

in PvP

Posted by: samo.1054

samo.1054

Just tried a soloque game playing by the instructions you left and I have to say it works!

Thank you!

in PvP

Posted by: Lux.7169

Lux.7169

Definitely works! Amazing!!!

[SoF]

in PvP

Posted by: Psychogene.6780

Psychogene.6780

This method definitely works.

Before I was trying so hard to study my opponent and plan my attack with mixed success. After applying this method I can proudly say that I have been winning my fights – and not just winning, but winning in style!

I have further adapted this strategy to use only one hand while the other hand is for celebrations via fist pumps, hi fives and queen’s wave.

in PvP

Posted by: Stealth.9324

Stealth.9324

Too many steps…Here is my short list.

1/Create a Ranger.
2/Collect the spirits.
3/Spam Spam Spam….

Profit

Kaane Moka – Champion Magus. Loola Illuma – Champion Genius.
Proud player of : team [uA] – team [TGI]. Australia base, now recruiting.

in PvP

Posted by: Ouroboros.5076

Ouroboros.5076

While I like GW2’s pvp overall, I agree this post puts the light on one of the worst part of it : passive traits and AI spam.

Passive traits are hard to follow. Why was GW1 easy to follow ? Classes had 8 skills, one weapon, no passive traits. Everything that was happening could be seen clearly. Who the heck is able to understand the importance of a sudden proc of protection and regen due to a passive trait or rune/sigil proc ? No one. It’s a complete mess of effects happening all at the same time.

And then AI spam. GW1 made one thing right : the available AIs (minions/pets) were sub-par. Even a 8v8 was watchable because it was only 16 players against each other. GW2 just has too much AI in PvP : Mesmer’s illusions, Necro’s minions and Ranger’s pets and spirits are the worst offenders, but you can also add the occasional thieve’s guild, elem’s elementals, guardian’s summons and even invocation that come from runes ! To me that is just WAY to much pets.
The worst case is probably a spirit ranger against a minion necro. That’s a 1v1 that is in fact a 6v8 AI war where both players are counting on AI and passives to bring the other down. It’s a nightmare to fight and watch.

in PvP

Posted by: kito.1827

kito.1827

at this point: props to ANET for not raging on all those narrow-minded mentally-deranged posts (i would have banned all of them already) and to guys like Ouroboros for trying to add something constructive even in those kind of posts

Karl Otik
no gutz no glory
“Tranquility has a beard.”

in PvP

Posted by: leungclj.4915

leungclj.4915

Thanks SOOOO much for the guide, it works like a charm~!

in PvP

Posted by: Mammoth.1975

Mammoth.1975

1. Use a bad build.
2. A really bad build.
3. Get important stuff dodged.
4. Fail to dodge important stuff.
5. Bunch up so you can get cleaved.

If you’re not playing to win, don’t complain when you lose.

(edited by Mammoth.1975)

in PvP

Aza.2105

1. Use a bad build.
2. A really bad build.

But every class only has one build, are you saying that every other trait unrelated to that build is useless?

I believe that deep down, under all of those particle effects and AI spamming, that there is a bit of team work going on some where.

Windows 10

in PvP

Aza.2105

This method definitely works.

Before I was trying so hard to study my opponent and plan my attack with mixed success. After applying this method I can proudly say that I have been winning my fights – and not just winning, but winning in style!

I have further adapted this strategy to use only one hand while the other hand is for celebrations via fist pumps, hi fives and queen’s wave.

Its a bit hard to study your opponent while zoomed out looking at fireworks surrounding your target, all while they have very short animations which are shared by 90% of their skills. But maybe that is just me?

And thanks for your kind remark, I appreciate it.

Windows 10

in PvP

Posted by: Merlin Dyfed Avalon.5046

Merlin Dyfed Avalon.5046

Step1: play the most unreliable build you can immagine for 4 months.
step2: switch to a viable build and see how you destroy everything you encounter.

54 infractions and counting because a moderator doesn’t understand a joke when he/she sees it.
E.A.D.

in PvP

Posted by: Wombat.3510

Wombat.3510

Mashing buttons and keeping up AI is way to much work. I’ll give you an abbreviated guide to always winning at pvp:

1. Roll a thief and gain perma-steath.

in PvP

Aza.2105

Step1: play the most unreliable build you can immagine for 4 months.
step2: switch to a viable build and see how you destroy everything you encounter.

Your sig is awesome btw!

Windows 10

in PvP

Posted by: Mammoth.1975

Mammoth.1975

1. Use a bad build.
2. A really bad build.

But every class only has one build, are you saying that every other trait unrelated to that build is useless?

I believe that deep down, under all of those particle effects and AI spamming, that there is a bit of team work going on some where.

Sorry, just translating what you said. I mean, use as much AI as possible right?

So phantasm mesmers and minion masters are dominating. Rangers have to get by with just one pet and some signets on legs, tier 2 class at best. Thieves need to run ambush trap, but really they’re not viable outside of guild. Turret engi is good but supply drop takes it over the top, it’s the most OP spec around. Warriors on the other hand are worse than useless right now, reroll.

Take as many passives as possible? Quad signet ele is strong too I guess. Just make sure not to use the actives.

If you’re not playing to win, don’t complain when you lose.

(edited by Mammoth.1975)

in PvP

Posted by: KrisHQ.4719

KrisHQ.4719

I had already discovered this strategy on my own, but thank you for sharing anyways!
It’s helpful for the community and new players trying to get into PvP.
Great guide, definitely works

Lysis Kawahara – D/D Elementalist
Zaphiel Faires – DPS Guardian

in PvP

Posted by: teonimesic.1403

teonimesic.1403

Mashing buttons and keeping up AI is way to much work. I’ll give you an abbreviated guide to always winning at pvp:

Dunno if this was sarcastic, but perma stealth build is really bad at PvP. Its awesome in WvW for ganking people, but in PvP you need to be actively spendint all your initiative and utilities to mantain your perma stealth. Which means you are not damaging anyone while doing it, you are not supporting your team in any way, you are not mitigating your enemy’s damage and you arent even capping a pont.

Basically your team has 1 less player. You are a really hard to kill, and can gank and kill a few enemies, but overall you’re just getting yourself some points and making your team lose. Get a team with 5 perma stealth thiefs and see how awesome they are! I, sure they are going to win from 500 to 0 with style!

in PvP

Posted by: gesho.9468

gesho.9468

aren’t passive traits all condi dmg? and then available to cleansing on receiving side?

passive traits add significance to build diversity. how about all the whining about cookie cutter mmo’s?

in PvP

Aza.2105

aren’t passive traits all condi dmg? and then available to cleansing on receiving side?

passive traits add significance to build diversity. how about all the whining about cookie cutter mmo’s?

I don’t know what you mean by cookie cutter mmo, you would have to explain. Because it seems its very subjective.

Windows 10

in PvP

Posted by: Incurafy.6329

Incurafy.6329

That’s actually the complete opposite of what to do to be successful in PvP, lol… unless you were joking, that’s just sad. :$

thiefhitfor2kbetternerf
all is vain