The first honest Guard/DH?

in PvP

Posted by: snoow.1694

snoow.1694

I’ll be honest with you guys, regarding the Dragonhunter. There is a lot of rage and QQ’ing about it and I want to tell you my objective thoughts.

I fight on 1v1 Arenas since like 2 years on European Servers and tested DH now since release. So these are my results:

Traps are WAY to OP. Face it Guys. Doesn’t matter if Guard or another Profession, its simply this way. Everyone who says they are okay, doesnt understand anything about GW2.

BUT Trueshot is okay. 6k DMG is okay considering the other weapon skills are average. At BWE3 Dragonhunter was quite okay. Trueshot didn’t change, traps did. You can do the math.

Also people need to consider, that the last months before HoT Power Guard pretty much sucked at 1v1’s. So the contrast is bigger.

Nerf the Traps and the DH will be okay again, just like they did at BWE3.

Also Anet should consider nerfing defensive capabilities on Druids, Tempests and espeacially Rev AND their unrelenting assault.

Enis Beqiri
1v1 and Queue

in PvP

Posted by: Cat Has Ducks.1982

Cat Has Ducks.1982

Nerf traps and we go back to burn builds. Sooooo much fun……..

Lord Chuck I – Guardian
Chuck The Stampede – Engineer
[Lg] Agatha – Dragonbrand

in PvP

Posted by: brannigan.9831

brannigan.9831

Traps are the main problem for sure. They are a huge problem in stronghold as well particulary in treb area.

in PvP

Posted by: Saiyan.1704

Saiyan.1704

This finding is a breakthrough. You should make another thread just incase some one didn’t see it…

aka FalseLights
#5 best gerdien in wurld

in PvP

Posted by: snoow.1694

snoow.1694

This finding is a breakthrough. You should make another thread just incase some one didn’t see it…

sorry dude, the forum lagged due to the patch and it got posted 3 times ._.

Enis Beqiri
1v1 and Queue

in PvP

Posted by: Alekt.5803

Alekt.5803

I believe that it’s the virtues that make DH so strong to be honest.

Alerie Despins

in PvP

Posted by: glaphen.5230

glaphen.5230

I believe that it’s the virtues that make DH so strong to be honest.

Yes the virtues are pure upgrades besides that F2 can be interrupted. Then they also got a ranged weapon to cover their ranged and mobility weakness and made it better than the rest. Then they also got traps that do everything but remove conditions.

in PvP

Posted by: Mightymealworm.8409

Mightymealworm.8409

Traps could use a bit of adjustment.

Activation time (not cast time, but the time it takes trap to activate once triggered) on dragons maw could be increased a small amount to make it a little easier to counter.

Test of faith either needs a cast time OR it needs to loose its initial damage.

Procession of blades feels fine to me, as its the easiest trap to avoid full damage with, UNLESS you get cc’d in place with it. But combos are skill play so I’m fine with it. If damage must be reduced id like it added back in with bleeds. It would draw out the damage longer making it even easier to negate a portion of it and would at least add some incentive and mechanics for condi guard builds.

Purification is a situational heal. Sometimes good, sometimes not good at all.

Lights Judgement is weak. Could probably use some buffing actually.

Fragments of faith is mostly in a good spot now. Damage MIGHT still be a touch high but I would adjust other traps first to see where things are before going crazy on this.

My only other big suggestion would be to make hostile traps in PvP and WvW all red instead of the same blue as ally traps when triggered. This would help players a lot to identify what traps are trying to kill them.

Oh, and I pretty much have played Guardian exclusively since launch, and I love my DH too. So I am not trying to class bash at all. Non guardians please try to understand that guardians rarely get a viable or fun spec outside of bunker or glass canon medi so yes, they are taking full advantage of DH while they still can.

in PvP

Posted by: Skyline Crash.6254

Skyline Crash.6254

Traps could use a bit of adjustment.

Activation time (not cast time, but the time it takes trap to activate once triggered) on dragons maw could be increased a small amount to make it a little easier to counter.

Test of faith either needs a cast time OR it needs to loose its initial damage.

Procession of blades feels fine to me, as its the easiest trap to avoid full damage with, UNLESS you get cc’d in place with it. But combos are skill play so I’m fine with it. If damage must be reduced id like it added back in with bleeds. It would draw out the damage longer making it even easier to negate a portion of it and would at least add some incentive and mechanics for condi guard builds.

Purification is a situational heal. Sometimes good, sometimes not good at all.

Lights Judgement is weak. Could probably use some buffing actually.

Fragments of faith is mostly in a good spot now. Damage MIGHT still be a touch high but I would adjust other traps first to see where things are before going crazy on this.

My only other big suggestion would be to make hostile traps in PvP and WvW all red instead of the same blue as ally traps when triggered. This would help players a lot to identify what traps are trying to kill them.

Oh, and I pretty much have played Guardian exclusively since launch, and I love my DH too. So I am not trying to class bash at all. Non guardians please try to understand that guardians rarely get a viable or fun spec outside of bunker or glass canon medi so yes, they are taking full advantage of DH while they still can.

Thank you for a more non-biased opinion. So many people are just saying nerf traps and that’s it. I would prefer if test of faith had a cast time if we could keep the initial damage. Lights judgement could also use a buff. Maybe nerf the amount of pulses but make them stronger.

in PvP

Posted by: Exciton.8942

Exciton.8942

Good assessment.
Can we just make traps flat 1/2s cast time?
Instant cast traps just feel so wrong.

in PvP

Posted by: Mightymealworm.8409

Mightymealworm.8409

Good assessment.
Can we just make traps flat 1/2s cast time?
Instant cast traps just feel so wrong.

Fragments of faith kind of need to be instant to work with the auto proc trait.

in PvP

Posted by: BadSanta.6527

BadSanta.6527

Your not a honest gurd your just a frustrated Mesmer

in PvP

Cat Has Ducks.1982

Your not a honest gurd your just a frustrated Mesmer

Bingo /15char

Lord Chuck I – Guardian

in PvP

Posted by: Jekkt.6045

Jekkt.6045

virtues are also broken af. most of the sustain comes from f2 and f3, unblockable knockbacks and trap daze.

Ex player of PeanutButterJellyTime, Heavenly Annoying and Visceral Gaming.

in PvP

Posted by: abc.5790

abc.5790

DH is a hook for new pvp participants. The skill floor is frighteningly low. But it should remain easy to play and somewhat powerful to keep new people playing. I’m not defending it coz I play it but for the population to sustain. Proof I don’t really play it. 100% soloQ w/ classes that counter DH.

Attachments:

[Star] In My Prono
EU Scrub

in PvP

Posted by: Harbinger.8637

Harbinger.8637

It’s mainly just Test of Faith that needs to be looked at. Give it a cast time or something, there’s no reason it should be instant. Fragments of Faith is instant, but that’s also a stun breaker, so that makes sense, and the damage from it is also lower because it’s more of a utility trap. Procession of Blades does the most damage, but it has no other utility besides damage. Also very rarely does anyone get hit by the full duration of it. You don’t see Light’s Judgement too often because it’s extremely situational and even than it’s really not that great and you’re better off going a different utility skill. Purification is a solid heal, nothing really too strong about it, it also has a lot of counter play. Finally you have Dragon’s Maw, which is fine. Long CD and you have to give up survivability to take it (Renewed Focus). It can easily be dodge or you can have stab or something and just ignore it.

So yeah, it’s mainly just Test of Faith that needs to be looked at. It hits extremely hard, hits multiple times (if you cross the threshold), instant cast, protection, cripple, and it’s unblockable.

Guardian WvW Guide!
Heavens Rage

(edited by Harbinger.8637)

in PvP

Posted by: Caine.8204

Caine.8204

Nerf traps and we go back to burn builds. Sooooo much fun……..

im using burn and traps.

in PvP

Posted by: Elpredator.8523

Elpredator.8523

DH is balanced. a trap is a trap because it is a trap. You just need to learn to dodge untelegraphed attacks.
Like mesmer stealthbombs.
or backstabs.
you sacrifice alot of sustain using 2 or more traps
dodge on daze

in PvP

Posted by: Photinous.4628

Photinous.4628

I don’t understand why Anet also decided to add ridiculous boons on each trap. Wtf, why?

in PvP

Posted by: SlayerSixx.5763

SlayerSixx.5763

I’ll be honest with you guys, regarding the Dragonhunter. There is a lot of rage and QQ’ing about it and I want to tell you my objective thoughts.

I fight on 1v1 Arenas since like 2 years on European Servers and tested DH now since release. So these are my results:

Traps are WAY to OP. Face it Guys. Doesn’t matter if Guard or another Profession, its simply this way. Everyone who says they are okay, doesnt understand anything about GW2.

BUT Trueshot is okay. 6k DMG is okay considering the other weapon skills are average. At BWE3 Dragonhunter was quite okay. Trueshot didn’t change, traps did. You can do the math.

Also people need to consider, that the last months before HoT Power Guard pretty much sucked at 1v1’s. So the contrast is bigger.

Also Anet should consider nerfing defensive capabilities on Druids, Tempests and espeacially Rev AND their unrelenting assault.

I’ll actually agree with this if you can specify WHAT about the traps are OP.

in PvP

Posted by: sephiroth.4217

sephiroth.4217

Guys I can’t dodge a static trap I need help!!!

I watch the DH lay his traps, and then as he watches me deciding what I’m going to do about it, I facetank the traps to get to him but I die, nerf DH it’s OP.

There is no other viable build other than traps, well not any with low risk high reward anyway. I don’t want to think when I PvP, just facetank everything and spam skills to win.

I mostly play for the new Free-For-All arena in PvP lobby.
….. And Elementalist.

in PvP

Posted by: eleshazar.6902

eleshazar.6902

Clearly we needed another thread on this topic OP.

And you are complaining about 1v1 nature of the build. In case you haven’t noticed there aren’t any official duel servers for a reason; balance isn’t done around 1v1.

Also DODGE, DODGE, DODGE. It only takes one to evade all of the traps. They are static, they don’t move. Dodge into the guardian, simple. There are videos out there showing you how to do this and that it isn’t difficult.

Stop complaining with multiple threads.

All professions level 80| Champion Paragon, Phantom, Genius
Phoenix Ascendant [ASH] | Rank 80

in PvP

Cat Has Ducks.1982

Guys I can’t dodge a static trap I need help!!!

I watch the DH lay his traps, and then as he watches me deciding what I’m going to do about it, I facetank the traps to get to him but I die, nerf DH it’s OP.

There is no other viable build other than traps, well not any with low risk high reward anyway. I don’t want to think when I PvP, just facetank everything and spam skills to win.

It’s frightening, how true this is.

Lord Chuck I – Guardian

in PvP

abc.5790

a trap guardian lay his traps on point then stands behind it to watch my movement when I specifically tell people to NEVER LOOK ME IN THE EYE.

that made me angry so I issued him an evacuation notice and took over the point.

[Star] In My Prono
EU Scrub

in PvP

Posted by: LegallyBinding.4937

LegallyBinding.4937

How about we stop complaining on the forums and let Arenanet do their job.

in PvP

Cat Has Ducks.1982

How about we stop complaining on the forums and let Arenanet do their job.

You forgot to put kappa

Lord Chuck I – Guardian

in PvP

Posted by: Phent.9350

Phent.9350

I’m fine with trap dmg, traps should be hard to set and give big reward when triggered. But now it is riddiculous, word trap is skewed. Traps must have cast time. I even tell: buff them but give 1,5 sec cast time.

[None] mesmer/ele/engi/thief/necro

in PvP

Posted by: ReaperJr.5967

ReaperJr.5967

I would have taken OP more seriously if he didnt actually suggest nerfing tempest and UA. Tempest, if anything, needs buffs and UA is fine.

Lord Ninth \\ Champion Magus
- Primordial Legend
Semi-active.

in PvP

Posted by: AurioDK.2867

AurioDK.2867

I play a trap ranger mostly, havnt had many problems with DH´s lately. If I see a guardian I know there are traps around, send pet in after him and follow pet … the chill trap which actually needs a boost in my oppinion is the most effective against DH´s if you know how to use them propperly.

in PvP

SlayerSixx.5763

^this guy gets it.

in PvP

ReaperJr.5967

I play a trap ranger mostly, havnt had many problems with DH´s lately. If I see a guardian I know there are traps around, send pet in after him and follow pet … the chill trap which actually needs a boost in my oppinion is the most effective against DH´s if you know how to use them propperly.

… you do realise the pet mechanic is unique to rangers right?

- Primordial Legend
Semi-active.

in PvP

Posted by: Laraley.7695

Laraley.7695

DH is a hook for new pvp participants. The skill floor is frighteningly low. But it should remain easy to play and somewhat powerful to keep new people playing. I’m not defending it coz I play it but for the population to sustain. Proof I don’t really play it. 100% soloQ w/ classes that counter DH.

No it shouldn’t, DH is total aids. It’s unbelivable how bad people get carried by this build and it should just get deleted.

in PvP

SlayerSixx.5763

Mesmer can toss their izerker. Necro can toss any kind of minion (I see reapers running rise alot).Thieves can do the hokeypokey (shadowstep onto and then out of the traps assuming he has procession of blades and/or dragons maw). Warriors can pop EP and face tank. Idk about eles, maybe save lightning flash? Revs (assuming hammer) can hammer 3 on top of guard to check for traps and then assume ranged DPS until the traps deactivate.

I was going to recommend rifle turret, but not sure if they still have the toss turret trait.

There’s also the option of simply dodge rolling through them if you don’t wanna waste a utility, but guessing from the state of the forum a lot of you are simply incapable of the simplest of defenses.

in PvP

ReaperJr.5967

Mesmer can toss their izerker. Necro can toss any kind of minion (I see reapers running rise alot).Thieves can do the hokeypokey (shadowstep onto and then out of the traps assuming he has procession of blades and/or dragons maw). Warriors can pop EP and face tank. Idk about eles, maybe save lightning flash? Revs (assuming hammer) can hammer 3 on top of guard to check for traps and then assume ranged DPS until the traps deactivate.

I was going to recommend rifle turret, but not sure if they still have the toss turret trait.

There’s also the option of simply dodge rolling through them if you don’t wanna waste a utility, but guessing from the state of the forum a lot of you are simply incapable of the simplest of defenses.

Meanwhile you’re assuming we actually know where the traps are. Guess us forum users cant read minds like you can.

Youre also assuming the DH is stupidly standing on his traps which are somehow placed predictably so you can bait activate it right? Guess us forum users cant cherry pick our data to support our argument too.

- Primordial Legend
Semi-active.

in PvP

SlayerSixx.5763

OK, so you’re approaching the point. The DH knows you want the point. He knows that’s he going to have to fight on point to keep you from stealing.

Knowing all of this, he places the traps that he gave up precious sustain for off point where you’ll most likely NOT trigger them since you’re still aiming to capture the point. He then tries leading you off point to trigger the traps, but you’ve already captured the point and have now begun LOSing him to avoid the true shots. He has now effectively lost the point and can only spam true shots in an effort to weaken you so he can port in, but youre still dodging/LOSing. His team is now behind because he can’t hold the point.

Stupid argument is stupid.

in PvP

ReaperJr.5967

OK, so you’re approaching the point. The DH knows you want the point. He knows that’s he going to have to fight on point to keep you from stealing.

Knowing all of this, he places the traps that he gave up precious sustain for off point where you’ll most likely NOT trigger them since you’re still aiming to capture the point. He then tries leading you off point to trigger the traps, but you’ve already captured the point and have now begun LOSing him to avoid the true shots. He has now effectively lost the point and can only spam true shots in an effort to weaken you so he can port in, but youre still dodging/LOSing. His team is now behind because he can’t hold the point.

Facepalm. You’re right. Stupid argument is stupid. By that, I meant yours.

1. He does not necessarily have to be the one holding the point. There are tons of situations where he isnt the one holding the point, but lets humor you for a second?

2. Assuming he is on the point, 2 scenarios come into mind. First, he can drop traps around the point, not cocentrically mind you, and when you approach, his traps are still on cd. Or secondly, his traps aren’t. Either way he is going to be shooting at you with lb, applying some pressure, before you reach the point.

Lets assume worst case scenario, he drops ALL his traps cocentrically and you dodge roll over them. At this point you probably used up your dodges, one to prevent his lb from knocking you back, one for the traps. All he has to do is tether and pull you back with f1. Boom, youre back in the traps.

Or his traps are available after you dodge roll through them (relatively short cd) and all he has to do is drop them again. Of course you may argue that you put up reflects, invul or stab but there are a million situations and we wouldnt finish elaborating by the end of the year.

Best case scenario, he isnt an idiot and he places his trap strategically. You dodge roll one trap into another and so on and so forth. All the time he is applying pressure with his weapons, which you can choose to dodge or eat his burst. Either way, you either get kittened by the traps or his pressure. There are also a million ways for him to land his traps properly. Judge intervention, sword 2, f1, gs 5, lb 5 and of course strategic placement. Traps have relatively short cd too, as ive mentioned. So either way you wont be able to mitigate all of them. Youre bound to eat a trap burst sooner or later.

Also, he could show up to a team fight and trap bomb everyone in the center. Do you have the confidence to say you and your team mates will be able to react instantly to it amidst the team fight? Whats to say your endurance and your defensive cds wont be depleted?

- Primordial Legend
Semi-active.

in PvP

Posted by: Fizz.8763

Fizz.8763

Playing DH is pretty much free wins for me, I love it. You can’t just stay back from the traps because the longbow has absurdly strong ranged pressure, and you can’t just dodge all the traps because they daze and you can just use Judge’s Intervention during your cast times for instant hitting cc and damage.

That being said, Scrappers and Heralds are at least able to fight it. Anything else and you might as well afk though.

in PvP

abc.5790

No it shouldn’t, DH is total aids. It’s unbelivable how bad people get carried by this build and it should just get deleted.

I’m not 100% in favor of it but it’s the new entry level build. It was the developer’s intent to make it low skill cap and effective.

[Star] In My Prono
EU Scrub

in PvP

SlayerSixx.5763

1. If he isn’t holding the point then it either isn’t 1v1 or you’re the one trying to hold it. If you’re trying to hold it, how’s about giving him a warm welcome and engaging before he arrives on point? He has three choices at this point.

Drop all traps where he’s at (dumb option).

Use his blocks/virtue leap to rush as quickly as he can.

Run like a kitten.

2. For the sake of argument, let’s assume foefire, since nifhel home and far are literally hell for a ranged spec (impossible to hit your target before he reaches the point unless you run out to meet him, but you’d be away from your precious traps).

If he spreads his traps out, their effect is suddenly diminished. Test of faith needs to be on point to punish kiting him once you get there. If he has procession of blades, maw will be a must, so theyre forever stuck together. The other two traps are worthless. There isn’t a single home/far point in the game that isn’t elevated and we all know how nicely GW2 treats range when there’s some sort of elevation, so that takes a good part of him softening you up from range out of the equation.

Honestly, I don’t know of any competitive build that only relies on dodges for defense, but if you’re telling me you don’t have a single stack of stability, a stunbreak, a block, a blind, a reflect, stealth, or a teleport, your build is extremely deficient and needs reworking. You dodge out of traps and resist the pull with w.e defensive tool you’ve got. Now, assuming he hasn’t been sitting on the point alone for a whole minute, he stuck relying on super telegraphed true shot spam. I’m assuming the DH isn’t an idiot, so he would most likely aim his symbol on his feet to give him the vigor he needs to dodge you and deter your advance. Hunters ward is a nonfactor 1v1. His blinding arrow deals negligible damage and is only a threat if you’re blocking (but you should simply assume he intends to knock you back if he’s closing the god forsaken gap between you while wielding a LB). If you decide to block right in front of him (assuming this is a bug that needs to be fixed) you deserve to die until the thing is fixed.

If he’s using GS, he doesn’t have focus. No focus, no SoW. No focus, no ray of blinding. I’d choose sw/f over GS any day if I was forced to pick between the two. If he doesn’t have JI, its GGWP since you really shouldnt be getting hit with WW without him either holding you in place with maw or teleporting. You could discuss GS5, but that’s incredibly slow, telegraphed and bugged.

Assuming he just arrived to the point, you have nearly 30s to down him after you’ve triggered the first round of traps. If he has a second round, your team hasn’t been pressuring him hard enough.

If he jumps in late during a team fight and nukes you guys, then that’s that. If a thief or mes burst you when you’re low from 1200 range+ are you also going to call OP?

in PvP

Posted by: Laraley.7695

Laraley.7695

I’m not 100% in favor of it but it’s the new entry level build. It was the developer’s intent to make it low skill cap and effective.

Yeah, that’s amazing logic. Let’s give all these people a build that will carry them no matter how bad they play, surely they will learn and it won’t definitely won’t make the new people who don’t want to play fotm quit.

in PvP

abc.5790

Yeah, that’s amazing logic. Let’s give all these people a build that will carry them no matter how bad they play, surely they will learn and it won’t definitely won’t make the new people who don’t want to play fotm quit.

Don’t look at me, I didn’t overtune DH. It’s common for developers to make entry level builds easy to play and effective. DH may be a little too effective. I just face the other way when I see a DH completely own veteran d/d eles.

[Star] In My Prono
EU Scrub

in PvP

ReaperJr.5967

1. If he isn’t holding the point then it either isn’t 1v1 or you’re the one trying to hold it. If you’re trying to hold it, how’s about giving him a warm welcome and engaging before he arrives on point? He has three choices at this point.

Drop all traps where he’s at (dumb option).

Use his blocks/virtue leap to rush as quickly as he can.

Run like a kitten.

2. For the sake of argument, let’s assume foefire, since nifhel home and far are literally hell for a ranged spec (impossible to hit your target before he reaches the point unless you run out to meet him, but you’d be away from your precious traps).

If he spreads his traps out, their effect is suddenly diminished. Test of faith needs to be on point to punish kiting him once you get there. If he has procession of blades, maw will be a must, so theyre forever stuck together. The other two traps are worthless. There isn’t a single home/far point in the game that isn’t elevated and we all know how nicely GW2 treats range when there’s some sort of elevation, so that takes a good part of him softening you up from range out of the equation.

Honestly, I don’t know of any competitive build that only relies on dodges for defense, but if you’re telling me you don’t have a single stack of stability, a stunbreak, a block, a blind, a reflect, stealth, or a teleport, your build is extremely deficient and needs reworking. You dodge out of traps and resist the pull with w.e defensive tool you’ve got. Now, assuming he hasn’t been sitting on the point alone for a whole minute, he stuck relying on super telegraphed true shot spam. I’m assuming the DH isn’t an idiot, so he would most likely aim his symbol on his feet to give him the vigor he needs to dodge you and deter your advance. Hunters ward is a nonfactor 1v1. His blinding arrow deals negligible damage and is only a threat if you’re blocking (but you should simply assume he intends to knock you back if he’s closing the god forsaken gap between you while wielding a LB). If you decide to block right in front of him (assuming this is a bug that needs to be fixed) you deserve to die until the thing is fixed.

If he’s using GS, he doesn’t have focus. No focus, no SoW. No focus, no ray of blinding. I’d choose sw/f over GS any day if I was forced to pick between the two. If he doesn’t have JI, its GGWP since you really shouldnt be getting hit with WW without him either holding you in place with maw or teleporting. You could discuss GS5, but that’s incredibly slow, telegraphed and bugged.

Assuming he just arrived to the point, you have nearly 30s to down him after you’ve triggered the first round of traps. If he has a second round, your team hasn’t been pressuring him hard enough.

If he jumps in late during a team fight and nukes you guys, then that’s that. If a thief or mes burst you when you’re low from 1200 range+ are you also going to call OP?

1. He has JI or sword 2 as gap closer. Or he could use virtues, like you mentioned.

2. Their effect is diminished, yes, but they are still strong. They dont necessarily have to be used in conjunction with each other to be effective. Of course, doing so amplifies their damage much more but it is susceptible to what you mentioned: simple counterplay. Also, you underestimate the other two traps.

3. Okay, let assume you mitigate the first burst entirely (unlikely, as there is no set rotation. Unless you are able to read his mind, if he changes the way he sets up his burst, you will get hit by it partially) Whats to prevent him from dropping a second one? You do realise DH has the sustain and pressure to drop multiple rounds of trap bomb in a 1v1 scenario right? Also, the LB is not his only weapon.. he can apply melee pressure if need be (more so since his traps are on point aka melee range, which also means you cant engage him melee till his traps are gone).

4. Some people prefer GS, Im not here to discuss which is better. Assume sw/f, your point?

5. You do realise 30s is not enough against a competent DH right.. shelter blocks and heals decently while trap heal heals for a ton while aoe blinding. F2 heals for a ton while allowing him to reposition himself. F3 blocks all attacks from the front. Focus 5 blocks. If he runs renewed focus its invul plus virtue reset. He definitely can set up a second round.

6. Thief or mes usually burst together. Thats 2 people to set up a burst. If they burst individually, thats ok too, but its single target regardless. DH is aoe.

- Primordial Legend
Semi-active.

in PvP

Posted by: Morwath.9817

Morwath.9817

I believe that traps will be nerfed sooner or later. While you can easily dodge them in 1v1, they are simply too stronk in group fights, where you can’t track everything happening around you.

Also they are completly broken in Stronghold and make killing/defending Lord way too easy for DH.

in PvP

Posted by: Yasha.5963

Yasha.5963

Reaper’s “argument” is actually spot on, nothing "stupid about it.

You obviously don’t know how to play a trapper properly. Its just a L2P issue.

in PvP

Posted by: Shirlias.8104

Shirlias.8104

i don’t think traps are the main issue.
Mostly guardians uses the same 2 utility skills which are meditations ( judge’s intervention and contemplation of purity ) and the elite meditation skill.

Healing trap is ok ( but it’s also ok the old 2sec block heal ), and test of faith problem is the high protection duration + unblockable.

As some1 said before, if traps and longbow will be nerfed too much, people will return to the old meditation burning guardian, which was also too good.

I would prefer to see some nerfs about meditation ( remove healing and fury from using em for an instance would lower the dps and guardian sustain ).

in PvP

Posted by: Ragnarox.9601

Ragnarox.9601

When ppl don’t dodge LB#5 attack they deserve to die from traps.
99% ppl have no awareness about whats happening around them, when they die from burst dmg of traps they are to blame →QQ inc. to forum about DH traps.

in PvP

Posted by: cakeonroof.7385

cakeonroof.7385

Great topic. I’ll be honest also.

I get the most out of traps in team fights when I unleash them in melee range of multiple opponents. Since I’m glassy I use focus 5 before I teleport to engagement. Also, I’m not too aggressive with traps so I only carry 2. Renewed focus is a must for me. In really close fights, it has turned matches around along with f2 for its heals and disengage.

I still don’t think DH is overly OP.

What’s OP to me are heralds, scrappers and the carrion chill necro. Luckily, the last one isn’t too popular yet and the skill cap is a bit higher. In my opinion, it is the most dangerous.

EU since Aug 2012

in PvP

Posted by: Amaya.1483

Amaya.1483

“The first honest Guard/DH” OKAY. Dont make me laugh guy, thats so pathetic, ill make a Scrapper / Reaper or whatever you do see fit, play it and after that i will complain about them beeing op because i hate them. Biggest kitten someone ever wrote. Learn how to dodge or block…….. Chronomancer Shield 4 so OP, makes all Traps useless, please nerf that! -_- JEEEZ

in PvP

Posted by: Unholy Pillager.3791

Unholy Pillager.3791

Clearly we needed another thread on this topic OP.

And you are complaining about 1v1 nature of the build. In case you haven’t noticed there aren’t any official duel servers for a reason; balance isn’t done around 1v1.

Also DODGE, DODGE, DODGE. It only takes one to evade all of the traps. They are static, they don’t move. Dodge into the guardian, simple. There are videos out there showing you how to do this and that it isn’t difficult.

Stop complaining with multiple threads.

There’s a trap that prevents dodging, and it appears to be bugged and invisible right now.

in PvP

Posted by: Bllade.1029

Bllade.1029

Put a longer cast time on traps make em blockable. Problem solved.

[VLK] – No one ever complains about bad Thieves, they die.