The game is just too fast for me now

in PvP

Posted by: Laserbolt.6731

Laserbolt.6731

I am a “seasoned” player. So I’m not as quick as I used to be, but I love to play this game.

Yet this new patch has things happening so quick I just don’t have time to think. I cannot grasp what’s going on quick enough before I am on my butt.

Any suggestions on what build I could play that gives me more time to think and size up a situation rather than have to have my fingers blurring the keys to survive?

I cannot keep up as a “twitch” player. People who are young and very, very fast twitchers now won’t be able to either, as the years pass. Just the way it goes.

Scrapper: “Frank from Research”

(edited by Laserbolt.6731)

in PvP

Posted by: Morwath.9817

Morwath.9817

I could recommend Cele-Ele with Stone Heart, but it a bit ‘boring’ to play since it’s Cele.
Stone Heart makes you pretty tanky in Earth since they can’t crit you, which means all those Air/Fire sigils won’t proc.

http://intothemists.com/calc/?build=-o3c;2B2-V0y4wMkY0;9;412G;0258036146;4Ss0;3H7W3H7W30p

(edited by Morwath.9817)

in PvP

Posted by: Aggrostemma.1703

Aggrostemma.1703

I just mentioned this a few days ago: new players have a hard time now. I think you have the same problem. The damage is so huge you have to play 100% yourself for a kill or win.

This is very good! Finally you have to be on your toes and not facerolling the keyboard…

Full zerkers are dying basically instantly if hit. Try to run a different amulette and change some of your traitlines.

I ended up with a semi-defensive amulette and one support trait line instead of full offence because I got killed even if a mesmer was farting towards my general direction (not only mesmers… practically everything but the mesmer is the common public enemy now so why not trolling? ).

Honestly: my only advice is to get better reading your opponent (build-skill, etc..) or just go a bit bunker. You do not have to have 10k DPS to be a good player in PvP. But you have to know your enemies and your build.

p.s.: a 4k DPS bunker who lives for 15 seconds is better than a 10k zerk who dies in 3 seconds…

EDIT: my ps is a complete bullkitten… IF you can live for 15 seconds while sacrificing some damage but enjoying the game go for it! If you do not like the paper play scissors.

#I no words have"

(edited by Aggrostemma.1703)

in PvP

Posted by: dylan.5409

dylan.5409

Given how bursty everything is at the moment, the only real defense is to not get hit.
Try a condition mesmer, all the stealth allows for many resets while conditions/clones chip away at the opponent.

in PvP

Posted by: lordhelmos.7623

lordhelmos.7623

I agree. With all of the non-telegraphed burst and over the top telegraphs to hide the animations most new players are going to instantly die and have no idea what happened.

Then probably quit and not log in again. Queues for SPVP are getting longer, mists is looking more empty.

in PvP

Posted by: Sunshine.5014

Sunshine.5014

When they lose, their MMR will reduce. We just need to ensure the starting MMR is low.

Gray out the HP for future condition damage
Already quit PvP. Just log in here and there to troll.

in PvP

Posted by: Derek.9021

Derek.9021

I’m a vet pvper too and it’s just way too fast right now.

(edited by Derek.9021)

in PvP

Posted by: Brian Ponder.9017

Brian Ponder.9017

As a new player, I’ve given up on PVP.

It’s not fun. It’s not balanced, and it’s not a good time for either side.

When you win, you feel like you didn’t do anything because the entire match took the span of maybe 2 minutes of gameplay, the rest of it was just respawning.

When you lose, you feel like you’ve barely played at all and then just had a lose tacked onto your record, and with nothing to show for it.

This isn’t call of duty. Anet needs to stop treating it like it is. An MMO is supposed to be based around skill and teamwork, not twitch reflexes and exploiting builds.

There’s also so many builds that are down-right useless, and nothing is explained to new players regarding this, so there’s even less reason to play it. The rewards might be nice, but nothing else about PvP is.

in PvP

Posted by: Damian.6978

Damian.6978

@Brian: As a veteran player (955 hours) I agree with you; PvP isn’t fun anymore, it’s not skillful, and it’s not balanced. I hope they go back on this design philosophy, because I’m going elsewhere for my pvp until they do.

in PvP

Posted by: Vegito.3048

Vegito.3048

As a vet player with over 3k hours, pvp is the kitten right now. It’s the most fun I’ve had since the cele bs started.

Rantev [Warrior]

in PvP

Posted by: Morwath.9817

Morwath.9817

As a vet player with over 3k hours, pvp is the kitten right now. It’s the most fun I’ve had since the cele bs started.

Don’t worry, soon it will evolve to something even more boring like 3 Full Bunker + 2 Mesmer or Thief + Mesmer in each game since that will be the easiest way to survive this sick damage and just outrotate and outlast enemies ;-)

in PvP

Laserbolt.6731

It’s OK to keep a twitch class build or two, as long as the designers can come up with a few mechanics that let a person who is older and slower, but smart and strategic, still win 1v1s and skirmishes.

I am not saying the alternative should be brain dead easy. It should require smarts and experience, even when you cannot do amazing reflex response patterns on the keys.

Right now I just avoid skirmishes and 1v1s and try to stealth around stealing points back, or bunkering with minion master.

(edited by Laserbolt.6731)

in PvP

Posted by: Grimreaper.5370

Grimreaper.5370

It’s OK to keep a twitch class build or two, as long as the designers can come up with a few mechanics that let a person who is older and slower, but smart and strategic, still win 1v1s and skirmishes.

I am not saying the alternative should be brain dead easy. It should require smarts and experience, even when you cannot do amazing reflex response patterns on the keys.

Right now I just avoid skirmishes and 1v1s and try to stealth around stealing points back, or bunkering with minion master.

Elementalist

Amulet: Celestial
Weapons: D/F
Traits:
Arcana: 2,2,1
Earth: 3,3,1
Water: 1,1,1
Sigils: Energy/leech
Runes: Pack
Utility: Lightning Flash, Cleansing flame, Armor of Earth.
elite: Elemental

in PvP

Posted by: Silhouette.5631

Silhouette.5631

Until the pvp stat system is fixed your bets bet is to roll celestial. Until the games entire balance is fixed your best bet is to roll guardian (Trololololol)

in PvP

Laserbolt.6731

Thanks for the suggestions of the builds.