The game was better before solo queue

in PvP

Posted by: Lopez.7369

Lopez.7369

Problems with the current implementation of solo queue:

It emphasizes imbalances. Each solo queue match, at least at top ratings, is at least 60 percent necromancers. (I don’t know how I would deal with this besides nerfing my own class.)

Sync queueing is way too easy. In fact, it’s so easy it’s passive. I can grab anyone in the top 100 and tell him to queue around the same time as me, and I guarantee we’ll land in the same game.

Team arenas now have such ridiculous queues that they basically don’t exist. On top of that, duo, trio and quad queueing are no longer viable.

Solo queue is a good addition in theory, but it’s actually made structured PvP way worse with its current implementation.

It’s a shame because the game is moving in a great direction in PvE and WvW, but structured PvP seems to be getting worse. If they reverted to the patch before necromancers were buffed, Skyhammer, the flawed solo queue system and the condition metagame wouldn’t exist. Wouldn’t most competitive players prefer that?

(edited by Lopez.7369)

in PvP

Posted by: Xaqq.7562

Xaqq.7562

Team arenas now have such ridiculous queues that they basically don’t exist. On top of that, duo and trio queueing is no longer viable.

I basically agree with what you said, and particulary with what i quoted.

in PvP

Posted by: Nialiss.6459

Nialiss.6459

Totally agree. TPvP is kind of a pointless joke.

in PvP

Posted by: Thesilentflute.8761

Thesilentflute.8761

It was the reason I am waiting till they do an actual balance patch to start solo que. They didn’t want to change the classes half way through the tourney, because it could effect the outcome and it wouldn’t be legit so they choose to ruin the legitimacy of there tpvp period till the tourney is over. Its all a joke anyway because of how kittened up the balance was when the tourney was started.

I see good ideas every day …good in theory. – Shawn Farthing
Masters in Geek Mythology
YOU ARE NOT THE INVENTOR OF WORDS!!! lol

in PvP

Posted by: Israel.7056

Israel.7056

Well the playerbase is rather small and now premades can almost guarantee they get matched up against randoms through syncing in solo arena, what’s the point of doing team arena?

in PvP

Posted by: swiftpaw.6397

swiftpaw.6397

Ah the joys of solo arena.

Attachments:

Grandmaster Forum Mind Brain
|-Swiftpaw Sharpclaw [DnT]-|

in PvP

Israel.7056

All they really need to do to make the matchmaking fair is remove the elo rating from solo queue and the leaderboards and just make matches truly random. That way anyone could get matched with anyone. Right now what we have is like a team arena lite version.

in PvP

Posted by: Silentshoes.1805

Silentshoes.1805

ELO is a good idea in principle.

I just think they need to adjust for a skewed queue where the majority of the people in the queue are high MMR.

Seems like the “matcher” is trying to give these lower teams a chance to raise their MMR by playing the next strongest team it can put together.

But there is SUCH a big difference between the top team and the “challenger” that the top team just keeps winning.

The Alien (condi necro),That Wreckin Crew (Mesmer)
Silentshoes (Thief), Wind of the Woods (condi ranger)

in PvP

Posted by: Kavia.8249

Kavia.8249

All they really need to do to make the matchmaking fair is remove the elo rating from solo queue and the leaderboards and just make matches truly random. That way anyone could get matched with anyone. Right now what we have is like a team arena lite version.

That would be great as an unrated queue – if only we had the population to support that many different queues.

Kavia Kael
Champion Illusionist
Stormbluff Isle

in PvP

Israel.7056

ELO would make more sense if the playerbase were more robust and there were hundreds or thousands of people queueing at every level all the time but as it stands now the playerbase seems relatively slim with maybe…20-50 people (just guessing) queueing at any given time. It’s as you say: winning begets more winning and losing begets more losing.

in PvP

Israel.7056

That would be great as an unrated queue – if only we had the population to support that many different queues.

Perhaps they should remove the leaderboard from solo arena entirely and make it unrated and leave team arena as the only mode with leaderboards.

in PvP

Posted by: swiftpaw.6397

swiftpaw.6397

Perhaps they should remove the leaderboard from solo arena entirely and make it unrated and leave team arena as the only mode with leaderboards.

I would support that.

Grandmaster Forum Mind Brain
|-Swiftpaw Sharpclaw [DnT]-|

in PvP

Posted by: Dirame.8521

Dirame.8521

Problems with the current implementation of solo queue:

It emphasizes imbalances. Each solo queue match, at least at top ratings, is at least 60 percent necromancers. (I don’t know how I would deal with this besides nerfing my own class.)

Sync queueing is way too easy. In fact, it’s so easy it’s passive. I can grab anyone in the top 100 and tell him to queue around the same time as me, and I guarantee we’ll land in the same game.

Team arenas now have such ridiculous queues that they basically don’t exist. On top of that, duo, trio and quad queueing are no longer viable.

Solo queue is a good addition in theory, but it’s actually made structured PvP way worse with its current implementation.

The question I’d like ask everyone who has the same opinion as you is, what did you expect?

People will always roll the “OP class”, people will always try to cheat the system and the ripple effect of having solo queue is that Team queues would take a hit.

If Anet could just somehow fix syncing by taking a group of 10 players and then shuffling them into teams, that would be great but as for the rest of your complaints… what did you really expect?

I make guides to builds you may not have heard of;
http://www.youtube.com/user/ceimash
http://www.twitch.tv/ceimash

(edited by Dirame.8521)

in PvP

Posted by: Silentshoes.1805

Silentshoes.1805

I expected that they would have a matching system that would place people of similar skill against each other.

Once I saw the numerous screenshots of the top players all being placed on the same teams, I knew things were bad.

The Alien (condi necro),That Wreckin Crew (Mesmer)
Silentshoes (Thief), Wind of the Woods (condi ranger)

in PvP

Posted by: Panda.1793

Panda.1793

Also solo que reward is only 150 now? Not that it matters, but less is still less.

in PvP

Posted by: Thesilentflute.8761

Thesilentflute.8761

The system isn’t the problem its the players that exploit this stuff so they can get a high rating and in turn make the rating worthless. What would be nice is if Anet banned some of these kids or at least banned them from the official leader boards because this ruins the hard work and effort of the guys that don’t cheat. This is a video game everything has a trail.

I see good ideas every day …good in theory. – Shawn Farthing
Masters in Geek Mythology
YOU ARE NOT THE INVENTOR OF WORDS!!! lol

in PvP

Posted by: NevirSayDie.6235

NevirSayDie.6235

Wait, they implemented solo queue without giving any option for duo/trio/quad? And after population had dropped too low to support solo queueing and team queueing at the same time? …oops.

Five months ago I was pushing for solo queue ASAP, because I was afraid the population would get too low before they could implement it. I didn’t expect them to make that many mistakes at once, though.

in PvP

Lopez.7369

Any time somebody says that it’s the players’ fault for exploiting, I roll my eyes. I imagine ArenaNet developers actually do too. The whole point of game design is to encourage, explicitly or implicitly, players into the preferred behavior. So if people are able to exploit something, it’s because it was designed poorly.

in PvP

Posted by: Arganthium.5638

Arganthium.5638

So that the people who don’t have teams suffer even more?

I think the correct way to fix everything is to have purely random pairing. Not this crap “oh let’s pair top players with one another and see what happens” nonsense. True randomness, which would also give a more accurate indicator of one’s actual skill level.

Thief|Mesmer|
Theorycrafter

in PvP

Posted by: uberkingkong.8041

uberkingkong.8041

+1
You pretty much right, its basically same people stuck where they are and they destroy people below them and get destroyed by people above them unable to go anywhere. So basically I keep playing with around same kind of people, which is pretty much team que lite.

ELO system isn’t bad, but this is a team game, 5 good players will ALWAYS beat 4 bad players and 1 good player, and that 1 good player will NEVER rise in the ranks due to being paired with 4 bad players.

If this was a single player aka duel arena than it’d work but this is team arena even though your going in solo, ELO system doesn’t work in this area, they need to do matchmaking on fairness and not can you beat all these high rank players with all your below high rank players.

(edited by uberkingkong.8041)

in PvP

Lopez.7369

I think the correct way to fix everything is to have purely random pairing. Not this crap “oh let’s pair top players with one another and see what happens” nonsense. True randomness, which would also give a more accurate indicator of one’s actual skill level.

More randomness would be good.

It’s weird because what you’re describing was the exact problem with the WvW ladders before. Now they’re far more random and, in effect, meaningful.

(edited by Lopez.7369)

in PvP

Posted by: Arganthium.5638

Arganthium.5638

More randomness would be good.

It’s weird because what you’re describing was the exact problem with the WvW ladders before. Now they’re far more random and, in effect, meaningful.

Haha, I don’t even play WoW. :P

But yes, more randomness would indeed make rank more meaningful. It would also be able to get rid of, for example, sync’ers, make the queue move faster and more smoothly, and fix unfair fights in the long run.

In other words, it would fix everything that everybody is complaining about with SoloQ.

Thief|Mesmer|
Theorycrafter

in PvP

Posted by: Derps.7421

Derps.7421

I did solo quene in team arena and all 3 games i did felt like hot join. Everyone was rank 16 and under and they were all horrible and tried to farm glory.

Dr. Professor Evil – Engi
Stunned Girls Can’t Say No <Hawt>

in PvP

Posted by: Darklimbo.1476

Darklimbo.1476

What the op said. It should be 5vs5 premade tournaments and mixed join (solo and teams < 5 ).

For the 4 vs 5 thing the only solution i find viable is to “freeze” or kick one player from the opposite team to balance things up until a 5th came in for the problematic team.

if a second one disconnects then another player “freezes”/kicked from the other team to balance again.

The River Dragon has come

in PvP

Posted by: Scryar.2954

Scryar.2954

No, it wasn’t. Premade vs pugs was stupid and I’m glad it’s over. Synced queues might be a problem but at least, this isn’t intendet and hopefully will be fixed. 60% of the Players playing necro has nothing to do qith the new queue. The meta ist just broken.
Premades have long queues? Well, that just shows what people want and if these premades cant stomp pug teams any more ist a great change. I dont feel sorry for them

WvsW smallscale & tpvp
Champion- Magus, Shadow, Illusionist, Hunter