The matcher issue - maybe as simple as this

in PvP

Posted by: Silentshoes.1805

Silentshoes.1805

Maybe the SoloQ matcher flaw is simply this:

It grabs people of similar MMR, first come, first served. And higher MMRs are more “clustered”. And there are more of them playing at any given time (they are having fun!).

Higher MMR people tend to play most often (they enjoy the winning). There are relatively more of them in their “cluster”. When they queue, they are instantly placed on the same team because their MMRs are very similar and that’s what the matcher looks for first..

All the rest of the people in the queue tend to have MMRs scattered all over the place: 500s and 700s and 900s. There are no “clusters” of say, 400s in the queue at any given time. It’s a wide spread in the queue for lower MMR ranks.

So the matcher has to take what it can get. It puts a 200 and a 300 with a 900, a 900, and an 850. The two higher cannot carry three unskilled players.

And they are most likely up against a more homogeneous Higher-MMR team: perhaps a 50,70,100,90,80. Because there are more high-MMR teams playing at any given time.

The Alien (condi necro),That Wreckin Crew (Mesmer)
Silentshoes (Thief), Wind of the Woods (condi ranger)

(edited by Silentshoes.1805)

in PvP

Posted by: Kwll.1468

Kwll.1468

The issue is the population base is too small and the game is programmed to just jam in the best fit in a small period of time so as not to have outrageous queues. They need to re-randomize twice before a match starts. That is the fix. So what happens is you get put on a roster and then when filled with 10 it randomizes again. That will get rid of a lot of the synch quueue. The rest can not be fixed because there is not an unlimited supply of players of all ranks available at all times.

in PvP

Posted by: Silentshoes.1805

Silentshoes.1805

Kwll,

Yes, it’s an issue of too many high MMR and not enough low MMR playing at the same times to have their own games against each other.

The Alien (condi necro),That Wreckin Crew (Mesmer)
Silentshoes (Thief), Wind of the Woods (condi ranger)

in PvP

Posted by: Ashanor.5319

Ashanor.5319

Even at prime time I noticed some issues like this, but they didn’t seem to be as bad. I have decided for now I am only going to play at prime time to increase the chances of getting fair teams. Strategy seems to be working so far, got some half way decent players last night and did 6 wins 1 loss (with a lot of commanding effort on my part). They were never the same players either. I did notice a lot of the ones I played with seem to not be ranked at all though and some of the ones on the other team ranked between 450 and 850 (in one game I was the only ranked player and their team had 3). That is a pretty big spread considering it was prime time. I was about ready to just give up on solo queue, so hopefully playing at prime time makes it more fun.

(edited by Ashanor.5319)