The most balanced profession stongest Elite

in PvP

Posted by: Warlord.9074

Warlord.9074

Since Launch Guardians are the most solid profession. They are needed in nearly every game mode. Why would ANET give them the most over powered elite in the game. What are you thinking.

Then Warriors you throw under the bus again. All warriors should demand thier money back.

“Just press 2 to win all the dps was us cuz we’re a
warrior and we’re the best class” Eugene

in PvP

Posted by: Cogbyrn.7283

Cogbyrn.7283

What if someone enjoys their Warrior? Should they demand their money back too, because the forums say Warriors are currently weak?

Alduin Nightsong, 80 Human Necro
“He’s like a man with a fork in a world of soup.”

in PvP

Posted by: Drekor.5217

Drekor.5217

Apparently you haven’t seen a Scrapper or Chrono

The Shipwrecked Pirates
Tarnished Coast

in PvP

Posted by: iZallen.9074

iZallen.9074

Yes, but a good chronomancer is hard to find; Engies too; so they fall of the radar alot more than DH.

in PvP

Posted by: Ragnarox.9601

Ragnarox.9601

so much qq , and not even one warrior train to be good vs DH

in PvP

Posted by: Dahkeus.8243

Dahkeus.8243

Well, it’s probably because all the feedback they got during the betas was all about how underwhelming they were.

ANet listened and boosted the class.

in PvP

Posted by: Jekkt.6045

Jekkt.6045

Well, it’s probably because all the feedback they got during the betas was all about how underwhelming they were.

boosting the power of an elite spec when people didn’t like its concept is… not the way to go.

Ex player of PeanutButterJellyTime, Heavenly Annoying and Visceral Gaming.

in PvP

Posted by: Thunderbird.4298

Thunderbird.4298

Yeah… I can kill DH with my warrior but I will say they make a mess of a team fight… XD

in PvP

Posted by: Dahkeus.8243

Dahkeus.8243

boosting the power of an elite spec when people didn’t like its concept is… not the way to go.

People didn’t just complain about it’s concept though.

in PvP

Posted by: Cat Has Ducks.1982

Cat Has Ducks.1982

Yes, but a good chronomancer is hard to find; Engies too; so they fall of the radar alot more than DH.

I think you haven’t tried scrapper. The amount of damage it can do in burst while still being tank as kitten is silly.

Lord Chuck I – Guardian
Chuck The Stampede – Engineer
[Lg] Agatha – Dragonbrand

in PvP

Posted by: Arken.3725

Arken.3725

I think once people realize how easy it is to avoid traps, it’ll be dealt with handily. I think a lot, if not all hatred is misdirected.

As stated above, Scrappers are far tankier while putting out significant pressure. They feel like 2.0 versions of D/D ele’s with the sheer amount of boon uptime, mobility, might-stacking capability and decent CC.

Here’s a picture of a friend I was watching in a duel (who, by the way, only has 7 hours on Engie) with an example of that boon uptime. Mind you, every duel he finished with near 100% health due to the sustain Protection Injection/Scrapper line provides.

Attachments:

in PvP

Posted by: Zelulose.8695

Zelulose.8695

I think once people realize how easy it is to avoid traps, it’ll be dealt with handily. I think a lot, if not all hatred is misdirected.

As stated above, Scrappers are far tankier while putting out significant pressure. They feel like 2.0 versions of D/D ele’s with the sheer amount of boon uptime, mobility, might-stacking capability and decent CC.

Here’s a picture of a friend I was watching in a duel (who, by the way, only has 7 hours on Engie) with an example of that boon uptime. Mind you, every duel he finished with near 100% health due to the sustain Protection Injection/Scrapper line provides.

They have two instant traps. If they put one down to interrupt you/(your team) good luck dodging them. I don’t support Guardian damage nerf at this point. But I also think this dodging trap idea is a misconception as you can still take damage when you do depending on where the traps are placed relative to each other. Dodging some of their traps requires that you see where they placed an instant trap with no cast time and no animation. I wish people who love DH would stop using this as an excuse because it is the best they have.

DH has too much damage. Solution: let them keep it and buff thief and elementalists and warrior defenses while using zerker or mard amulets. I feel then the classes will be balance around non bunker gameplay due to the high rates of damage in game.

Lucky Leaf, Ángël, Clergyman, Side Kick -Lets make Gw2 a better game

in PvP

Posted by: Bryzy.2719

Bryzy.2719

You have to hand it to Anet though OP, they’re consistent:

Give the most solid profession the best (possibly) elite spec,
Give the crappiest profession the worst elite spec – Ranger/Druid.

in PvP

Posted by: Cogbyrn.7283

Cogbyrn.7283

I would disagree that a gimmicky trap build is the best elite spec. I also thought Druid was considered a really solid support spec.

Alduin Nightsong, 80 Human Necro
“He’s like a man with a fork in a world of soup.”

in PvP

Posted by: Bryzy.2719

Bryzy.2719

I would disagree that a gimmicky trap build is the best elite spec. I also thought Druid was considered a really solid support spec.

I was only taking OP’s assertion on the DH being strongest to be honest :P

Druid offers decent support, very true. But…

1. It’s not needed at the moment (until Raids – we’ll see then)
2. Only offers support when it’s alive – Druids are heavily susceptible to physical damage and especially CC
3. In pvp this support is only viable if not more than 1 person is focusing pressure on the Druid while they are supporting allies
4. Druids offer terrible damage output and Druid gameplay is 90% pidgeon-holed into being some kind of healer, whereas all other elite specs offer much more build diversity.

in PvP

Posted by: Quadox.7834

Quadox.7834

lolwhut

Yaniam [Mesmer]

^ Usually only characer that i play on

in PvP

Posted by: Silv.9207

Silv.9207

Dragonhunter is really strong but also the Berserker is strong. I fought a Berserker with the Rifle and it was really strong, expecially in team. With 10k+ of AoE (in line) damage every 4-5 seconds, it’s a really strong profession.

Actually there’s professions with baddest specializzations. Like Necromancers. Reaper is a really good specializzation… for PvE.
I actually use it and feel really frustrated why a lot of specializzations had they’re weakness reduced or gained a new way to deal damage. Reaper is a old bad chill build a little revised with a elite easy to interrupt and shouts of bad efficence in team fight (Rise! is good why summon a lot of minions, but in a team fight they die really quickly by AoE, making the only “damage reduction” skill of the necro useless, including they need to hit the enemy every 2 sec to mantain the effect).

There’s still a lot of work to do to return to a barely balanced situation.

1 month and we well see a better and more balanced sPvP.

in PvP

Posted by: Fluffball.8307

Fluffball.8307

Warriors have consistently been the most played profession and one of the most wanted professions across all the game modes for 3 years. Same for thieves. I think that explains a lot.