The most underwhelming Weapons rework

in PvP

Posted by: Nath Forge Tempete.1645

Nath Forge Tempete.1645

Hey guys,

The game has been launched for more than 3 years now. With HoT, they bring new weapons and class mechanics (most of those are stronger than core ones.)

After 3 years, i really think they should rework the most underwhelming weapons of each core classes. Just look at League of legends for example: they rework every old champions. Anet already did some reworks on ele for example (remember the old heart staff 4?) , on engineer with shield skills, or an utility skill on mesmer (mimic? not sure)

I think Anet should pick the “weaker” weapon on each class and try to rework it to make it more usefull in the game. So guys …. I’m asking …. WOuld you mind about this? And which weapon for each class need a rework?

My thoughts :
Elementalist – scepter
Thief – Pistol main hand
Warrior – Axe off hand
Ranger – Axe off hand
Guardian – Hammer
Necromant – Focus
Mesmer – scepter?
Engineer – Shield

Edit: I really need some “fresh air” (no joke) in this game so I think it could be the solution for it.

in PvP

Posted by: Zoltreez.6435

Zoltreez.6435

put revenant staff there too

outside of a good bar breaker it does not offer anything good realy

-Stellaris
-Total War: Warhammer
-Guild Wars 2

in PvP

Nath Forge Tempete.1645

well we are in the pvp topic so … it was especially for a pvp use my bad if i didn’t say it.

in PvP

Posted by: Valkyriez.6578

Valkyriez.6578

I love hammer on my Guardian. I use it in my DH build which is all I play. The CC and #5 is amazing when you trap em in and lay traps.

in PvP

Nath Forge Tempete.1645

I love hammer on my Guardian. I use it in my DH build which is all I play. The CC and #5 is amazing when you trap em in and lay traps.

So It could be another weapon ! which one do you think could/should be rework on guardian? =) (that’s the point of my topic)

in PvP

Posted by: XGhoul.7426

XGhoul.7426

If only we didn’t get rid of glory vendors since rank 70 got the infinite light equivalent in pve, iirc. This grinding idea was not allowed (this was still when gw1 pvp devs worked on gw2 pvp), with all the faults of the old glory system I kind of miss unlocking skins every 10 levels or crafting skins I wanted.

in PvP

Nath Forge Tempete.1645

If only we didn’t get rid of glory vendors since rank 70 got the infinite light equivalent in pve, iirc. This grinding idea was not allowed (this was still when gw1 pvp devs worked on gw2 pvp), with all the faults of the old glory system I kind of miss unlocking skins every 10 levels or crafting skins I wanted.

I don’t really understand the bound between your message and this topic XD

if u could enlighten me

in PvP

Posted by: XGhoul.7426

XGhoul.7426

I don’t really understand the bound between your message and this topic XD

if u could enlighten me

there is none,
you essentially want to powercreep old weapons to what they are now which is not what this game needs, so i felt the need to go offtopic because I thought you were trolling, but ….

(edited by XGhoul.7426)

in PvP

Posted by: Sunshine.5014

Sunshine.5014

Wow wow. Bad Rev detected.

Rev Staff is very strong.

Gray out the HP for future condition damage
Already quit PvP. Just log in here and there to troll.

in PvP

Posted by: UBcktieDL.5318

UBcktieDL.5318

some suggestions

revenant: sword offhand
mesmer: sword offhand
ranger: axe mainhand
warrior: axe in general (aa chain and even eviscerate don’t feel good anymore)

in PvP

Nath Forge Tempete.1645

He was talking about a Pve Dmg application.

in PvP

Posted by: nacario.9417

nacario.9417

I totally agree with this! Instead of adding new, tweak the old so that we truly have more viable options among existing weapons!

Power Ranger PvP
I used to be a power ranger, now not sure anymore

in PvP

Posted by: Silverthorn.8576

Silverthorn.8576

Hammer guardian is fine, they should rework the shield.

in PvP

Posted by: Loop.8106

Loop.8106

Dat Necromant doe. On a serious note, Hammer guard is fantastic. Engineers have defensives as it stands. Dont give them more please.

Optimise [OP]

in PvP

Posted by: Agemnon.4608

Agemnon.4608

outside of a good bar breaker it does not offer anything good really

Mobility, reflects, and interrupts.

in PvP

Posted by: Valkyriez.6578

Valkyriez.6578

So It could be another weapon ! which one do you think could/should be rework on guardian? =) (that’s the point of my topic)

I personally dislike the Focus but I see it being used all the time, I just don’t like it. I love GS and Torch, but Sceptre #1 is terrible but the immobilize is great.

Maybe Shield? Staff seems fine even if I never use it in my own builds.

Yeah, Shield but I don’t have any ideas. It’s seviceable, but outclassed by other shield skills on other classes now.

in PvP

Posted by: Drarnor Kunoram.5180

Drarnor Kunoram.5180

Necro focus just needs a cast time reduction on 5 and maybe a boon change on 4.

Necro axe needs another pass, though. You know there’s a problem when low mobility power builds are going double (triple?) melee in PvP instead of using the 900 range power weapon.

Dragonbrand |Drarnor Kunoram: Charr Necro
http://www.twitch.tv/reverse830
I’m a Geeleiver

in PvP

Posted by: Timston.1976

Timston.1976

Guard hammer definitely needs rework. Zealots embrace and Banish are the main culprits. Mighty blow dmg increase, and fix not being able to tele port while casting mighty blow

Guard main,Team pvp enthusiast, and all around Jolly fellow
bunker guard will live again, well, someday

in PvP

Posted by: papelito.3841

papelito.3841

i’m not sure why anet is against the idea of reworks so much, so many things need it.

in PvP

Posted by: Ven Zehn.6573

Ven Zehn.6573

I like Guard Hammer as it is, the pure utility of it trumps the lower damage it can output imo.
I would however recommend a staff rework, which I believe to be outclassed now in every way aside from the huge aoe 1 spam and line.

For Ranger, I haven’t touched axe in a very long time so can’t say anything there, but I would like a better shortbow:) Though Axe mainhand auto should be switched to melee with cleave imo.

On Elem, I still love my scepter, the autoattack could use a damage boost, but aside from that, I like it as it is (maybe improve/change earth 3)

in PvP

Posted by: Muchacho.2390

Muchacho.2390

I agree with Drarnor on necro focus. It doesnt need a rework. It mainly needs a casttime reduction on focus 5. While spinal shiver is certainly not a bad skill (afterall chill of death is part of most necro builds for a good reason but that trait is instant) it just isnt good enough to justify such a long casttime.

in PvP

Posted by: BrokenGlass.9356

BrokenGlass.9356

Yep, rev sword offhand is awful. Not useless really… It just only does one thing… Which is positioning a target… Which, simply doesn’t work well on players.

You guys are right about the rest of the weaker weapons too… Buy the rev sword OH sword is sad. And it’s magnified by the limited weapon choices.

in PvP

Posted by: ItIsFinished.9462

ItIsFinished.9462

For Ranger it should be Warhorn over Axe Offhand. Axe OH is not too bad. But Warhorn…..

Arrow Slanger »—> »—> »—>
The Never Ending Repertoire of Ranger Builds
Salt of the Earth {SALT} Crystal Desert© ~~Dragon Rank~~

in PvP

Posted by: BROKENCAPS.4561

BROKENCAPS.4561

Ranger – main hand sword is pretty bad, as is shortbow.

I don’t mind offhand warhorn personally.

in PvP

Posted by: Coxy.5269

Coxy.5269

Mesmer focus for sure. Non-existent in pvp

Nyiiooxxxxxxxeeeyyyyy

in PvP

Posted by: Serious Thought.5394

Serious Thought.5394

Thief honorable mentions: Pistol Whip and Cloak and Dagger. Pistol for sure needs help, but these two skills need it as well.

Worst Thief in the world, yes I am.

in PvP

Posted by: Ragnar the Rock.3174

Ragnar the Rock.3174

Guardian staff & scepter should really be on that list as well.

The only reason to ever use the former is to do just enough dps in open world pve to tag mobs without actually being useful.

The later is useless outside of melee range vs anything that is moving.

(If you want to count utility skills spirit weapons, half the consecrations & signets also count)

in PvP

Sunshine.5014

He was talking about a Pve Dmg application.

Asking for PvE dmg buff in a PvP forums??!?

in PvP

Posted by: Miles Smiles.8951

Miles Smiles.8951

Yeah, man, if you ask… I think 1h sword could be reworked a little ;P So the “Sword Wave” (autoattack chain 3 skill) wouldn’t be a projectile, which is really painfull in this “projectile hate” era; and also make “Zealot’s Defense” (sword skill 3) something more of the scrapper’s block skill 4 on hammer, mb not that damaging tho. It would also help if they just reduced tempest’s reflecting auras duration from 5 to, let’s say, 3 sec – that was a bit offtopic, sorry.

in PvP

Posted by: Oslaf Beinir.5842

Oslaf Beinir.5842

You surely haven’t forgotten to add these, right?

Thief: Dagger Offhand
Mesmer: Focus
Mesmer: Sword Offhand
Guardian: Sword
Guardian: Torch
Guardian: Staff
Warrior: Mace both main and offhand
Warrior: Torch
Revenant: Sword Off hand
Necromancer: Axe
Ranger: Shortbow

Get In The Van Yo[PR] -Play on Far Shiverpeaks/Gunner’s Hold/Vabbi

“Revenant is actual proof that devs read the necromancer forum” – Pelopidas.2140

in PvP

Nath Forge Tempete.1645

Well I imagined a way of anet to rework every class as they did with the elite spec (one for each class)

but I don’t know each class as well so I made the topic to see what ppl think about this . That’s it

But yeah i definitely forgot Axe for necro …. or scepter/torch for guardian

in PvP

Posted by: Fluffball.8307

Fluffball.8307

Surprised to not see ranger shortbow anywhere in the thread.

in PvP

Nath Forge Tempete.1645

well ranger shortbow is bad till bleed “rework” …. bleeding is less effective now so … i guess that’s why it seems so weak.

in PvP

Posted by: Burtnik.5218

Burtnik.5218

Guardian; sword
Revenant; sword offhand, hammer
Ranger; axe both hands, shortbow
Warrior; everything pretty much. most underwhelming is axe offhand tho and rifle
Necro; axe

Salt, salt, moar salt. So salty like fries from McDonald!
Playing Smite since mid s2, f broken gw2.

in PvP

Posted by: morrolan.9608

morrolan.9608

Surprised not to see Elementalist Scepter being more prominent. Also mesmer scepter isn’t as weak as some other weapons but it does need some work. Ranger shortbow is definitely one that needs a rework.

Jade Quarry [SoX]
Miranda Zero – Ele / Twitch Zero – Mes / Chargrin Soulboom – Engi
Aliera Zero – Guardian / Reaver Zero – Necro

in PvP

Nath Forge Tempete.1645

yeah i definetely think scepter on ele need a rework…

in PvP

Posted by: Vash.9183

Vash.9183

Guardian; sword
Revenant; sword offhand, hammer
Ranger; axe both hands, shortbow
Warrior; everything pretty much. most underwhelming is axe offhand tho and rifle
Necro; axe

Hold up a minute, hooooooooold up a minute! Necro axe is under-powered? Oh lawd. Log in to the game, please.

Cór
Mithril Footman
Ultimate Dominator

in PvP

Posted by: Zoltreez.6435

Zoltreez.6435

Revenant; hammer

Attachments:

-Stellaris
-Total War: Warhammer
-Guild Wars 2

in PvP

Posted by: Lupanic.6502

Lupanic.6502

Engi pistol #5 worst #5 skill in game. Vs hoelbrak you do not even see the icon in the debuff list.

in PvP

Posted by: Burtnik.5218

Burtnik.5218

Revenant; hammer

When last time you seen a hammer rev that wasnt a freekill in spvp?

Salt, salt, moar salt. So salty like fries from McDonald!
Playing Smite since mid s2, f broken gw2.

in PvP

Sunshine.5014

Revenant; hammer

When last time you seen a hammer rev that wasnt a freekill in spvp?

When I was tier 6 Diamond. I didn’t see that guy again when I’m legendary though.

But people underestimate Hammer Rev in PvP, a lot.

in PvP

Posted by: Rodzynald.5897

Rodzynald.5897

https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/professions/guardian/Guardian-hammer-Feedback/page/4#post5902803

It ain’t that lovely as you might think.
It could use something extra for sure considering what other hammers are capable of now.

Guardian is meant for jolly crusading.

in PvP

Posted by: Fashion Mage.3712

Fashion Mage.3712

there is none,
you essentially want to powercreep old weapons to what they are now which is not what this game needs, so i felt the need to go offtopic because I thought you were trolling, but ….

How exactly is wanting weaker weapons to be buffed to normal levels “power-creep”? Last time I checked, that’s called “balance”.

in PvP

Nath Forge Tempete.1645

there is none,

How exactly is wanting weaker weapons to be buffed to normal levels “power-creep”? Last time I checked, that’s called “balance”.

Just that the old features need a new kind of fresh air … cause some skills were bad 3 years ago and are still bad now …

in PvP

Posted by: SlayerSixx.5763

SlayerSixx.5763

Guard hammer is strong. I’d ask them to fix specific guard weapon skills, though.

Sword auto needs looking at. Hammer 3rd auto and zealots embrace could be made a smidge faster. Scepter auto is a potato launcher, needs faster projectiles.

For thief, pistol auto is fine but we need to choose between extra power damage while removing the bleed or extra bleed damage while cutting the power in half. Then body shot needs to be replaced with some sort of backwards dodge roll of sorts with a small evasion frame. Unload, as it stands, is a better rapid fire with 0CD. Although I’d like for it to be changed into something more reliable vs better players, I can’t think of any suggestions that wouldn’t make it completely broken.

in PvP

Posted by: Nova Stiker.8396

Nova Stiker.8396

i’m not sure why anet is against the idea of reworks so much, so many things need it.

It requires a lot of work and testing. Not to mention they won’t get money off it unless they sell weapon skins pertaining to the reworked weapons.

in PvP

Posted by: Ven Zehn.6573

Ven Zehn.6573

Damage alone isn’t the only way to balance the weapons, like I mentioned for Guard hammer, the pure utility of it alone makes it worth using.

Granted, not all weak weapons have that utility, or at least nothing particularly useful imo.

Ele Scepter auto is weak, but the 2-3 skills of all the attunements are pretty darn solid, and with short CD’s, so you shouldn’t need to auto very often. (I’ve run S/D on ele since forever, and duel’ed a lot of D/D, usually winning the fight)

And I did mention SB for ranger in passing, which I do really believe to be underpowered, same with ranger axe (main and offhand). Havent looked at the shortbow recently, is it still 900 range max, even traited?

in PvP

Posted by: Agemnon.4608

Agemnon.4608

Yep, rev sword offhand is awful. Not useless really… It just only does one thing… Which is positioning a target… Which, simply doesn’t work well on players.

You guys are right about the rest of the weaker weapons too… Buy the rev sword OH sword is sad. And it’s magnified by the limited weapon choices.

I wouldn’t say it’s “awful” and is even better than the shield (if you need the heal you’re likely going down soon anyway) since you can pull off rezzers or people from points or into DH traps/necro condition fields. The block is also good and the weaponset syncs with staff decently. It also interrupts a target but with lots of stability flying around you have to know when to use it.

“How exactly is wanting weaker weapons to be buffed to normal levels ‘power-creep’? Last time I checked, that’s called ‘balance’.”

Not everything should be for all game modes but rather some stuff designed to be optimal for PvE or PvP. Subtlety rogue (using Cataclysm as my reference point here since that was the only time I played WoW) for example has lots of good PvP tools, but in PvE big monster health pools and immunities invalidate lots of those strengths. Players don’t have those kinds of strengths and are in fact weak to CC and burst (get in enough crits and a target either drops or it’s “on” and you need to time your interrupts…then zergs from both your teams run on top of you turning your duel into a chaotic mess you you cloak and vanish away, stand back and watch for healers if any, target them, then die yourself since all your important tools are on cooldown).

So by their very natures PvE and PvP do and should have different optimal traits and weapon sets due to radically different mechanics, strengths, and weaknesses of the competition.

“Revenant; hammer”

I honestly think rev hammer was meant to be a PvE weapon.

(edited by Agemnon.4608)