The "party" que/ Tired of build swapping?

in PvP

Posted by: Chrisdl.1782

Chrisdl.1782

After all the money and time the developers put into making this new matchmaking que and after paying the programmers to re-write the coding, you would have thought that they would come up with a way you can be partied up with someone, and still que in pvp w/out having to leave party. What if one person in party is taking a break? is it really necessary to have to kick him out of party and re-invite after the match? What if we want to talk to him? not sure how you missed that one Anet.. hire me as a developer, I have a laundry list of ideas to make this game great. Here’s another… idk about you all, but i’m tired of having to switch back and forth between builds that I like to run on the same character. Everytime I want to switch I have to go through all the traits.. and switch out all the sigils and the rune…. and the weapons….and the utilities…. it takes a good couple minutes.. why not have like build tabs that you can switch back and forth when your out of combat or before match that saves the build you want with the amulet, traits, sigil, and rune you want to use.. you don’t even have to as far as utilites and weapons because that is the easy part.. but why make us work harder…. I remember when Rift first came out they had a good system of build swaping… might be something to consider. Anyways, this is just one of many things on my mind as I play the game, hopefully someone important reads this and says… hmm.. maybe this could take GW2 to the next lvl of awesome.

in PvP

Posted by: Mayama.1854

Mayama.1854

People asked for this since beta.

in PvP

Posted by: Chrisdl.1782

Chrisdl.1782

More people need to read this

in PvP

Posted by: Bloodwort MacFangho.4638

Bloodwort MacFangho.4638

why not have like build tabs that you can switch back and forth when your out of combat or before match that saves the build you want with the amulet, traits, sigil, and rune you want to use.. you don’t even have to as far as utilites and weapons because that is the easy part..

You mean like the way we used to be able to do so in GW1? Yea..

Blood
(I have to know! In WvW, do Legendary NPCs drop Legendary loot?)

in PvP

Posted by: Sorel.4870

Sorel.4870

I don’t know what the problem with build templates is. I mean, in WvW, I can understand: it can be exploited. But in PvP in makes so much sense, and could offer so many possibilities in solo queue! Rangers, warriors and necromancers would get a needed buff from it, since they are very versatile. There have been countless threads on this matter for years! In one of these, a dev seemed actually interested by the idea and asked for advice! Is there some technical difficulty we don’t know of? I’m not sure, but it would be a safe improvement for Anet to make, since for the only time ever on this forum I haven’t seen ANYONE opposed to the idea. Anet if you’re reading: go for it! You can’t do wrong on that one.

in PvP

Posted by: Shiyo.3578

Shiyo.3578

HOT not adding templates is so dumb.

in PvP

Posted by: Sorel.4870

Sorel.4870

Was this confirmed?

in PvP

Posted by: Celtus.8456

Celtus.8456

The first one, we had before the December update (you would invite 1-4 people to queue and they would be on the ‘roster’, your party was separate. And you could see on your roster who has accepted the invite and who has not. It was much more convenient and functional than what they have replaced it with).

The second one, build templates, was a major part of Gw1. I don’t remember if they were in game at release, but it was part of Gw1 for as long as I can presently remember.

Josre
Zulu Ox Tactics [zulu]

in PvP

Posted by: silvermember.8941

silvermember.8941

Was this confirmed?

Yes. By colin.

Apparently, it either isn’t a priority OR more likely it could be harder to implement then people seem to think. Just like how capes are.

As u know im pro. ~Tomonobu Itagaki

This is an mmo forum, if someone isn’t whining chances are the game is dead.

in PvP

Posted by: OpTic GOON.2560

OpTic GOON.2560

Honestly, how hard is it. Anet please respond, tell me exactly how hard and costly it is to add build saves.

in PvP

Posted by: OpTic GOON.2560

OpTic GOON.2560

It literally doesn’t change anything about the game besides remove an unnecessary annoyance