The patch solves alot of pvp problems

in PvP

Posted by: Lordrosicky.5813

Lordrosicky.5813

I have previously posted on these forums several pvp problems that were the result of stupid changes but anet and most of them how now been fixed. So infrastructure wise the game has undone all the terrible changes that have made the game worse over the last 2 years.

1, There are now skill based leaderboards again which drives people to compete. Finally. The reason for removing these in the first place was really silly.

2, there is now solo queue which reduces the barrier for competitive play. Again, removing this previously was utter madness.

3, they added progression back. Remember when they just randomly made everyone level 80 for no reason except grouch thought it took too long? Well finally a designers at anet realised this was hurting the game and they finally have rank progression back in the game.

4, queueing outside heart of mists, i know this came back in another patch, but this finally came back and it was a good thing

So credit where its due. Anet have reversed many of the bad changes they made and the game is probably now going to do better pvp wise again.

Character: Henry rank million/Duke Henry
Necromancer/Casual Warrior
[Team] Best WvW guild of all time. EASILY.

in PvP

Posted by: Wolfric.9380

Wolfric.9380

agree. Still some flaws left like per class MMR missing and mixing rookies with top players but it looks promising and i like the new system showing stats to the teams.

in PvP

Posted by: Exedore.6320

Exedore.6320

Removing larger group queuing in ranked was a bad decision. Hopefully that comes back for next season. Solo queue is a complete crapshoot and only serves to appease whiners.

Kirrena Rosenkreutz

in PvP

Posted by: Spartacus.3192

Spartacus.3192

Removing larger group queuing in ranked was a bad decision. Hopefully that comes back for next season. Solo queue is a complete crapshoot and only serves to appease whiners.

Bringing back Team Q only appeases whiners that are not good enough to play solo and need Voice comms and friends so they can feel good stomping Pug solo teams.

Your typical average gamer -
“Buff my main class, nerf everything else. "

in PvP

Posted by: inubasiri.8745

inubasiri.8745

Bringing back Team Q only appeases whiners that are not good enough to play solo and need Voice comms and friends so they can feel good stomping Pug solo teams.

imho there should be both, but team q only at high MMRs, so that it encourages team v team matches rather than pug slaughter fests

or separate solo q and team q leagues

in PvP

Posted by: Huskyboy.1053

Huskyboy.1053

SSSTAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHPPPPPPPPPPP THIS SENSELESS FIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIGHTIIIIIIIIIIIIIINNNNNGGGG

But really. You’re both right, come on. Different strokes for different folks, solo queue is more about luck, but team queue means you can’t really claim as much credit for your individual contribution, it’s about teamwork and coordination. Duo queue is a happy medium where you have some coordination and guarantee that one of your teammates is decent, but still don’t need to deal with the at-times complex politics of guild drama. Anybody can find one other person to play with, but definitely not everybody has the time to find a 5-man or convince an existing one to let them prove themselves.

in PvP

Posted by: Spartacus.3192

Spartacus.3192

But really. You’re both right, come on. Different strokes for different folks, solo queue is more about luck, but team queue means you can’t really claim as much credit for your individual contribution, it’s about teamwork and coordination. Duo queue is a happy medium where you have some coordination and guarantee that one of your teammates is decent, but still don’t need to deal with the at-times complex politics of guild drama. Anybody can find one other person to play with, but definitely not everybody has the time to find a 5-man or convince an existing one to let them prove themselves.

100% agree.

Your typical average gamer -
“Buff my main class, nerf everything else. "

in PvP

Posted by: JTGuevara.9018

JTGuevara.9018

Yes. This system is a big improvement. I love it, the leaderboard, skill rating, scoring changes, divisions, solo q, all of it! This is a fair system.

Now, I understand that teams were unfortunately left out and there is some fighting solo/team queuers about solo q. This is why you need BOTH soloq and teamq. If we have team q only again, we’ll be RIGHT back where we started! Solo queuers will be left in the cold again.

in PvP

Posted by: Cynz.9437

Cynz.9437

Have a +1 from me, OP.

All is Vain~
[Teef] guild :>