The power of unified protest

in PvP

Posted by: Oni.5429

Oni.5429

If you watched the recent state of the game you might have noticed that the devs said that they had planned to go back to the 8v8 tournament system but scrapped it because of the massive feedback in favor of 1v1.

Further, the devs didnt want to add proper soloq in the game, forcing soloers to match versus full teams with randoms, saying that ‘’if you cant carry in this scenario you arent worthy of your rating’’

I could make a huge wall of text explaining how this is stupid on every level, but I wont. I’ll just ask the pvpers of Guild Wars 2:

Do you want soloq instead of hotjoin?
Do you want soloq?

(the form of soloq I mean is a rated match where you can only pull in one friend max)

If you do, MAKE IT KNOWN! Don’t just rant about it in teamspeak with your friend, keep threads about it alive, make new threads about it.

Make it something that they cant ignore.

Crs Helseth, Mesmer for Team Curse

(edited by Oni.5429)

in PvP

Posted by: Khyras.8021

Khyras.8021

Yes i do want rated solo queues, along with more game modes.

in PvP

Posted by: SuperHaze.4210

SuperHaze.4210

+1

The devs were saying that solo queues would mean long waits for matches, but I don’t believe that would be true because it would be easier to pick ten solo players of similar ranks who solo queue. Kind of like how frees work but without the premades so everyone stands a chance at winning. Premade tournament teams can have their paids so they can compete with other premades and solo queued players can play with other solo queued players. As solo queued players gain ranks, they can play with more experienced players of similar rank and then progress to compete with the premades because they have spent a good amount of time in this type of environment. 8v8 does nothing to prepare players for tournies and I’m pretty sick of the zerg vs zerg mentality that is 8v8.

Other game types will help immensely as well. PvPers should have options in what they want to play instead of being forced to play one game mode. In WOW, there are players that love WSG and those that hate it, but there are at least other options for them such as arena, AV, AB, etc.

in PvP

Posted by: Ottigan.2571

Ottigan.2571

Not in a mood to make a big post so the short version. Yes i do want solo queue.

in PvP

Posted by: Sprawl.3891

Sprawl.3891

delete hot join do like EVERY other game does. solo queue for your map of choice, single match deserters get penalized. then add solo queue rated random map 1match.

as a casual player I have given up on this game until that’s added. sick of long free tourney queue and 5v4 matches

Sprawl – Necro – Eredon Terrace

in PvP

Posted by: Adris.1859

Adris.1859

Yes i do want rated solo queues, along with more game modes.

Same for me.

in PvP

Posted by: leman.7682

leman.7682

Hot-joins got to go, add solo queue.

For me personally, SotG was make or break and it turned to be a break. Nothing of substance, poor moderation, a lot of pointless talk, underutilised player guests. No meaningful discussion on profession balance/philosophy fulfillment.

I may consider coming back when PvP is ready for something more than one sad game a day.

Solo queue would be a first step in right direction.

Leman

in PvP

Posted by: Vpulse.2195

Vpulse.2195

Most GW2 PvP Community = Casuals
Casuals = dont really put time in making a team mostly because of playtime
So at the end casuals NEED a solo queue and will say yes ( I DO).

Thing is what kind of competitive match would bring solo queues to the game? i mean its not like a Moba where ppl Pick rolls and a Lane to fight for in a game where your team can be carried by 1 player or so.

GW2 Casuals players dont do that….most of them will Queue with w/e class are they playing better and get in a match with not voice communication and with random team composition which would means LESS competitive matchs.

So im not really sure, it would be like picking a Hero before you meet your team composition. ofc in GW2 you can switch class before the match start but how many casuals does play 3 different roll class? (Well Played/Builded) most of them are trying to master in 1 class in order to be usefull.

IDK its really hard to say what would happen, so its not that simple, also it would give no need to make a team anymore and eventually abolish TvT Queue, or not….

(edited by Vpulse.2195)

in PvP

Posted by: Jacobin.8509

Jacobin.8509

I cannot believe that J Sharp went into that story about how it was fun to take a team of solos and fight premade teams in GW1.

That didn’t happen until after a team WON 10 STRAIGHT GAMES AGAINST OTHER SOLOS.

Solo queue is the only way sPvP is going to be able to build a large skilled playerbase.

in PvP

Posted by: Dedalus.3065

Dedalus.3065

I don’t understand why you would want a solo queue though when their MMR already (according to them) fulfills that purpose. If you go in as randoms, you will meet randoms.

in PvP

Posted by: Killthehealersffs.8940

Killthehealersffs.8940

If they added a solo que , ppl on the forums , would demended not facing 5-man premades .
If 5-man premades faced only other premades , then the system of <<win tickets on free tournies and spent them on the rated>> would be useless

(Create some flame-ice cool looking swords skins on the Black Market or A Ticket for the monthly tournament that cost 1000 gems or 1 dollar and skip the current ticket system .
Low prices=more chances to pay with real money)

(edited by Killthehealersffs.8940)

in PvP

SuperHaze.4210

Players that form teams will always have their team. The casual/soloq players will rarely look for a team. But soloq might help them find a team by creating a more social/team oriented environment. Mixed team comps from soloq would add a different dynamic to the game as well (instead of running common team comps) and more importantly, more people will pvp in general if there’s soloq.

in PvP

Posted by: Ironcloud.3892

Ironcloud.3892

Yes, we need a soloqueue. Why would a new player want to queue up, knowing that there is a possibility of being stomped by a premade? I haven’t touched a Free or a Paid tourney mainly because of this reason.

It’s nice that we’re finally getting MMR and all, but with no soloqueue, it almost makes it pointless for most people without a team.

in PvP

Posted by: daydream.2938

daydream.2938

I wouldnt hate a solo/duo Q free tournies instead of hotjoin. But i feel it might be too raidical.
And honestly, just 1 team vs 1 team frees with matchmaking would mean that a huge preportion of your free tournies would be puggish vs puggish anyway.
And most good teams are now doing paids anyway non stop.

in PvP

Posted by: Mufa.1326

Mufa.1326

They do not care at all.
If they did, they would put in 1v1, 2v2 and 3v3 in the game already. 5v5 is so inconvenient for most of the people that the pvp population is deservedly dead.

Soko D Medo

in PvP

Vpulse.2195

Well you say its too radical…but the thing is there is more Hot Joiners than Tpvp players, so HJ should be abolish to make those ppl move into FREE Tpvp and try to play the map how its supposed to be played, and eventually make a few of them move into Paids.

Too much Puggish vs Puggish? Yah well they would learn way more than they do in HJs, we would have more PvP base community and most of them would stop crying about class balance.

in PvP

Posted by: felivear.1536

felivear.1536

Not only do I think solo queue would be great, I think it is VITAL to the success of the game. You have to give players that don’t want to form a team a way to not only compete, but progress. Simple as that.

If you alienate that playerbase, you are alienating a giant chunk of would-be players.

Please reconsider Anet

feLIVEar: Your resident forum king.

in PvP

Posted by: Byah.7019

Byah.7019

I haven’t watched the SotG thing, but I seriously can’t believe they still don’t see how adding a rated solo queue would help their game immensely. Oo

Since free tournaments don’t seem to pop anymore, there is curerntly no way for me to even play pvp when my whole team isn’t online. The match making makes it basically impossible to fill the ranks with randoms, because you only face good teams.

So the choice is to either idle in the mists, waiting for your mates to maybe come online, or do something useful with your time. :X

Give people like me and people without a 5 man team (you know, the majority) something to do.

Selthom

in PvP

Posted by: ensoriki.5789

ensoriki.5789

Well you say its too radical…but the thing is there is more Hot Joiners than Tpvp players, so HJ should be abolish to make those ppl move into FREE Tpvp and try to play the map how its supposed to be played, and eventually make a few of them move into Paids.

Too much Puggish vs Puggish? Yah well they would learn way more than they do in HJs, we would have more PvP base community and most of them would stop crying about class balance.

Mods gonna come at me for calling this nonsense?
“People are playing another mode than the one we play so it should be scrapped”
We gonna delete WvW and PvE too in the hopes they play Free’s?

If the majority of players (read: casual) play HJ instead of free’s there is a reason.
Whether that is A) Ignorance on the existence of Frees
B) bad experience in Frees
C) The wait time of frees
D) The accessibility of Frees
E) The team size of frees
F) ????
Should indicate that Free’s are not appealing to the majority of pvp’ers and as such removing the most played option to encourage playing the least is silly. Unless removing PvE is suddenly gonna throw us into PvE to farm precursors all day.

Reality is outside of Raid of the Capricorn popping up, the difference between HJ 5v5 and Free’s 5v5 is little outside of facing the exact same teams. That and equipment locking could easily be thrown in.
People crying over the same game. Wtf?
5v5 HJ exists, but the majority of players are in 8v8. I feel no difference between 5v5 HJ and Free’s outside of facing the same team (excusing the lack of equip lock) when similar people come along. Only problem is no one’s in 5v5 HJ, so have to solo queue frees to get a full room and then play 5v5 HJ until it pops. Lol wot? Probably could be avoided if they tried matching you with a different team in 5v5 HJ and put the equip lock instead of going with the current tourny browser system interface which somehow managed to be even more unappealing than the hj browser lol.

“BRB we deleted what you play so you’d play this thing you weren’t playing instead. Hope you’re cool with it, instead of putting us on blast.”

The great forum duppy.

(edited by ensoriki.5789)

in PvP

Posted by: TwoBit.5903

TwoBit.5903

Solo queues would be amazing for the casual playerbase, but wouldn’t work because the game locks you into a profession before the match begins. If they did something along the lines of allowing players to change professions with their current character (no logging out) and add in build save templates, then it might work.

in PvP

SuperHaze.4210

The reason why I stopped playing frees is because I know that by the second round, we’re going against a premade. Why can’t it be separate? Pug vs Pug and Premade vs. Premade. WOW had separate rated arenas and hotjoin arenas (which I played a lot of). I would hotjoin arena until my teammates got on and then we move to rated matches. Or I can queue up a bg to pass the time. Bottom line is that I had options when it comes to what I want to play until my team logs on.

5v5 hotjoins are all duelers now and when I do join one, the duelers either tell me to leave or they leave and then the game becomes 1v2 or I end up alone. There’s never a full 5v5.

in PvP

ensoriki.5789

5v5 hotjoins are all duelers now and when I do join one, the duelers either tell me to leave or they leave and then the game becomes 1v2 or I end up alone. There’s never a full 5v5.

I know this feel all to well.
I think they should just polish up the hot-join stuff so it’s not so barebones and otherwise unappealing at the moment.
Jumping into a game and getting a match is supposed to be the idea, now you jump in and get a duel. HJ just needs to be polished, I think a solo queue is just spreading the game further when it should be consolidated and they should start by making hot-join fleshed out. If you’re a casual player ideally you generally just want to get into a game and have some fun playing it with the goal of winning. However the HJ system isn’t done greatly so you go to free’s but frees are slow to pop. HJ should just be improved and you’ll find having no need for solo queue. I think it’s sad that it’s felt necessary to have solo queue which just indicates how bad the state of HJ is and how it should be fixed.

The great forum duppy.

in PvP

Posted by: Oni.5429

Oni.5429

@ Oni: Not your fault, we talked about so many things, and I didn’t explain it well.

I’m watching all the threads right now about solo q.

Keep these threads going, they ARE watching and NOTHING is going to change unless everyone unifies and makes sure this actually happens.

Crs Helseth, Mesmer for Team Curse

in PvP

Vpulse.2195

….

NOBODY is talking about WvW or PvE…

Hot Joins = Do w/e you want, play however you want when you want to and zerg if you want to.

New People do HJs all day then try to jump into frees or Paids hoping they are ready because they found a “Good” build for Hot joins and get stomp in Tpvp because HJ didnt teach them anything beside do w/e they want to…

So excuse me if you dont like me saying HJs are worthless and just create bad players that eventually cry about class balance in a 8v8/8v7 zerg fest, but its the truth…

The only thing HJs can do is an easier way to rank up.

Does a New MOBA (Lol/dota) Player learn about the game by joining games with 8v7 Heros pushing w/e lane they want to? NO, and there is a reason too why they dont…

in PvP

Posted by: Nazral.3152

Nazral.3152

well i am posting because helseth is shouting bad Japanese in mapchat,

But solo q ONLY tournie with match making, should replace hotjoin.

Frankly hotjoin is a jk, bunch of half asleap rank 40s and ranks 4s zerging around, now with solo q tournie this will not only allow the more experienced players a quick and fun way to get abit of game time, but also teach the new players the game in tournie setting, which is what this game is about.

in PvP

Posted by: hharry.1967

hharry.1967

Yes ofc you have my +1. But adding this instead of other features no, instead add them all! Let players chose what to play.

in PvP

Vpulse.2195

Yes ofc you have my +1. But adding this instead of other features no, instead add them all! Let players chose what to play.

Yah like we have enough base community!

Pick w/e you want! Long Queues and 4v5 everywhere!

/sarcams off

One of those “features” will become more popular over the rest =/.

in PvP

ensoriki.5789

….

NOBODY is talking about WvW or PvE…

Hot Joins = Do w/e you want, play however you want when you want to and zerg if you want to.

New People do HJs all day then try to jump into frees or Paids hoping they are ready because they found a “Good” build for Hot joins and get stomp in Tpvp because HJ didnt teach them anything beside do w/e they want to…

So excuse me if you dont like me saying HJs are worthless and just create bad players that eventually cry about class balance in a 8v8/8v7 zerg fest, but its the truth…

The only thing HJs can do is an easier way to rank up.

Does a New MOBA (Lol/dota) Player learn about the game by joining games with 8v7 Heros pushing w/e lane they want to? NO, and there is a reason too why they dont…

Did your eyes just focus on WvW and not get the exaggeration I was making of your desire? Good lawd.

Anet mistakenly put in a 8v8 they didn’t need to put, if they rip it out now they’re going to be put on blast by its, I don’t see it disappearing.
Free’s and hot-join and paids are nonsense.
Hot-join is supposed to be casual, get your quick game in and play. ATM you can’t even get an actual game until what ever 4th room you enter. That should be fixed.
Free’s and paids should’ve been the same kitten thing, team play.
All the rest is just nonsensical crap. I’ve stepped in probably 3 or 5 8v8’s since 5v5’s were added and outside of that was doing frees. Casually playing I rather 5v5 and free’s were the same thing so you can hot jump in, get your competition and when you’re tired of goofing around with randoms go form a team. Not just “solo queue” the system of solo queue right now even if it was just stripped seperately from pre-mades is kitten

You’ve got a 5v5 HJ format that gets no play, a 5v5 Free format that has flipping 10 minute queue’s (wtf) and people who want to solo queue.
Why throwing duelists out to somewhere else, and making HJ not suck so it actually fits it’s purpose of getting casual players there games, and make free’s and paid one flipping thing. Throw in a monthly/weekly tournament and call it a kitten day. Boom, 2 modes, some place for duelists, and a monthly/weekly thing for teams to get their tournament style fix.

Why ideas like
HJ + Free 1v1+ Paid 1v1 + 2v2 ranked + Custom Arena + Paid daily Tourny + free daily tourney + QP daily + QP weekly + QP monthly.
How many modes of the exact….same…flipping…1…mode will we have?
I get you want to abolish HJ and just have solo queue + free’s but I don’t see any difference other than being less intuitive for little reason.
If you have HJ + team free’s
or Solo queue + team free’s. You still have 2 flipping modes, except solo queue’s is less intuitive then just making HJ not suck and do it’s purpose correctly.
Bro, team play is team flipping play, if it’s rated wtf is the point. Why to have unranked match’s? Jon said this thing is supposed to be apparently tiered, if it’s tiered then people of the same tier can go find each other without feeling isolated like they’re previous R1-12 systems.
HJ stops sucking.
Frees and paids are the same thing, getting a tiered ranking for em.
Boom, two modes, no stress.
You throw in your custom arena’s or Hell, integrate custom arena’s into HJ so it’s all intuitive, ergonomic and befits casual play. Then you really have two flipping modes, and little segregation of players. Duelist go PW lock their crap and get out of sight and out of mind.
Wot is the need for this bloody solo queue?

The great forum duppy.

in PvP

Posted by: Ulalume.9584

Ulalume.9584

Unless they add a solo queue any rating/ranking system is going to fail hard. No one is willing to be farmed by teams and constantly end up in the lowest tier of this promised new rating system because he/she pugs.

I will pvp all day, once they add a solo queue.

in PvP

Vpulse.2195

Here is the thing….Paids and Frees supposed to be the Core features……you suppose to start in HJs then play frees gain tickets to play Paids… BUT what you learn in HJ is useless for Frees….what ppl learn in Frees its not much to play Paids in a competitive mode and what you learn in Paids is that you need a proper team to be competitive/hardcore.

So knowing that Anet takes too much time to improve everysingle pvp feature…for me its way easier to abolish HJ, make Frees a Solo/Duo Queue Tpvp and improve Paids with matchmaking/leaderboard etc, and eventually if they want to…Solo/Team Rated for Paid.

Hotjoiners will be forced to play frees and will learn more and maybe eventually form teams to try paids….its not perfect they will still get stomp in paids but the PvP community will grow way faster and ppl will learn way more than what they do in HJs whichs is nothing.

I prefer this than tryint to change and update everysingle feature you want…why? its gonna take too long and we will lost base players till that happend

(edited by Vpulse.2195)

in PvP

Posted by: nerva.7940

nerva.7940

Hotjoin and free tourneys need to GTFO MY GAME!

5v5 1v1 solo/2’s/3’s rated replaces hotjoin and frees
5v5 1v1 team paid replaces current paids
Punish all ragequitters of any 5v5
8v8 needs to die in a fire because the game isnt even balancedI around 5v5 properly

Thank you goodbye

Ikiro – 80 Ranger
Umie – 80 Guardian
http://www.youtube.com/channel/UCgLbWtvtzdU0Ho0zto6VnTQ

(edited by nerva.7940)

in PvP

Vpulse.2195

Hotjoin and free tourneys need to GTFO MY GAME!

5v5 1v1 team replaces hotjoin and frees
5v5 1v1 team paid replaces current paids

Thank you goodbye

Yah a trully dream only that you still need TTickets =) or there wouldnt be a “PAID” tournament at all…

in PvP

Posted by: Suzu.4193

Suzu.4193

You guys there is no player base because there has to be a fun game mode…….GW1 there was RA|TA|HA|GvG|AB|JQ|FA, when the game was active maybe 4-5 years ago, EVERYSINGLE ONE of those game modes were populated and could get a game 24/7.

The player base is there dunces, did you forget about the million+ people who bought the kitten game?

The problem is what the devs have made it a mission to force is god awful conquest game type down our throat, well guess what? Most people dont like standing in circles k? They like PVP fighting each other whether for fun or for competition, WITHOUT this lame secondary objective that is in the end arbitrary and only adds a shallow amount of strategy.

This is exactly like Blizzards Problem with D3, the devs think they know whats fun for YOU, well devs you’re wrong and your pvp population reflects that.

Anet says: “conquest or gtfo of my game” and guess what most people just up and left.

(edited by Suzu.4193)

in PvP

Posted by: urinfamousr.7631

urinfamousr.7631

yes to the solo q

in PvP

Posted by: Darnis.4056

Darnis.4056

No!

Jon said it right; Dividing the pvp population into pockets isn’t going to help anyone.
MMR is going to fix Pubs getting stomped by PZ.
Frees, Paids, Hotjoins are enough for me.

Will the Real Pink Puma Please stand up?

in PvP

Posted by: Miku Lawrence.6329

Miku Lawrence.6329

It’s the way to go, hear our tears.

Snow Crows [SC]

in PvP

Posted by: Naito.5693

Naito.5693

+1

15characters

A Lion does not concern itself with the opinions of sheep.

in PvP

Posted by: Ultima.8673

Ultima.8673

sfasf fwgvrwsvrgrweva +2

in PvP

Posted by: XerxesBlack.5892

XerxesBlack.5892

+1

The disparity between tournaments and the browser is way to big.

It’s sad that the only way i think I might get my monthly PvP is if I join up with a group and we get lucky and end up fighting another team like us and win, or the other team DCs or something so it’s a 5v1 fight. Most often we fight a team that has been fighting together for a while, has voice chat, and is mostly mesmers/eles (nothing wrong with people who play those classes btw but cordinated they are a nightmare).

EDIT: I think they should keep the ability to make a party of 5 people and fight another party of 5… I just don’t want to be told to stay out of tournaments unless I have 4 others.

There needs to be this middle ground. If I start doing tournaments and find others who I fight well with then I will be more inclined to /whisper asking if they would be interested in doing tournaments. It’s just right now the browser pug is so “drop in/drop out” with such little investment and so must 8v8 chaos I can’t tell if we work well together or the other team just isn’t having a good day.

Beaks N Talons [NERF] – Engineer of the great and mighty Fort Engineer guild!

(edited by XerxesBlack.5892)

in PvP

Posted by: Fire.7459

Fire.7459

in short … in the future February March put a ladder or not?

in PvP

Posted by: Zoose.1640

Zoose.1640

I want a solo queue.

Hello, Hairseth.

in PvP

Posted by: felivear.1536

felivear.1536

I want a solo queue.

Hello, Hairseth.

Can I +1 Helseth’s head-suit?

feLIVEar: Your resident forum king.

in PvP

Posted by: Bungee.3704

Bungee.3704

+1 for solo queue. Either that or a new game mode featuring 2v2/3v3 (last man/team standing, for example).

in PvP

Posted by: leashmaygoss.2140

leashmaygoss.2140

+1
+1
+1
+1
+1
+1

Hiba
Booty Bakery [yumy]
Engineer

in PvP

Posted by: Zoose.1640

Zoose.1640

I want a solo queue.

Hello, Hairseth.

Can I +1 Helseth’s head-suit?

Only if you +1 my fabulous head-suit as well.
hair flip

in PvP

Posted by: Dexxer.3174

Dexxer.3174

just add it… soloQ is needed

in PvP

Posted by: CachoDm.4639

CachoDm.4639

They should add arenas were you can duel 1v1 in tired of zpvp where everybody zergs you and hela boring if you’re not in the team thats zerging

R48 Nooßlêss Multiclass Looking for a best friend.

in PvP

Posted by: Sand Beagle.9867

Sand Beagle.9867

Yes, hot joins really are a complete waste, especially – and read this with the emphasis of 1000 underlines – _____for new players_____.

Here is a quick list of why hotjoins are a complete abomination in GW2 pvp:
1. Teaches you improper ways of playing your class/build; you get in the habit of doing things you shouldnt be doing on your character.
2. It teaches you absolutely nothing about teamwork and communication; complete pandemonium.
3. It prepares you for fighting completely disorganized teams who also have no communication.
4. You dont learn how to fight specific team builds that are frequently encountered in tpvp; ie you end up fighting 3 warriors, 3 thieves, and 2 guardians.
6. You dont learn anything about competitive strategy whether it is character, team, or map specific, such as who to expect to contest your node and where to be at specific times in each map.
7. All you learn is how to mash buttons and roll from node to node and farm points by getting hits on as many people as possible.

Going from this to tpvp (especially paids) is like going from flipping and flapping around with your Toys R Us snorkel kit complete with aquaman flippers to being dragged down 100 feet by some sort of ultra vortex to wrestle with sharks and killer whales (with no oxygen supply).

(edited by Sand Beagle.9867)

in PvP

Posted by: pinkglow.3429

pinkglow.3429

I want solo queues.
It doesnt have to be intstead of hotjoins, because hotjoins is a good place for devs to try new maps, new game modes.
However, I do feel that solo queues very well can take the place of free tournaments because they will be useless.
Hotjoin is a place for you to fast join, try a new build or whatev and then leave when you feel like it, and it should stay they way it is because it’s as casual as it can be but also a place for pro people to go and try a new build, a new profession without ranks or whatev being affected.

Just my opinio =)