The secret to high leaderboard rank!

in PvP

Posted by: Tree.3916

Tree.3916

all is vain

DnT Apply today if you think you can hang with the best of the best
http://www.twitch.tv/tree_dnt || https://twitter.com/Tree_DnT
The meta is changing at an alarming rate!

in PvP

Posted by: glock.6590

glock.6590

The sad part is that its true for the most part. A casual solo Q player will never come close to top rank like in the previous system.

6’4’’ Master Race. I am Above You.

in PvP

Posted by: Morwath.9817

Morwath.9817

The sad part is that its true for the most part. A casual solo Q player will never come close to top rank like in the previous system.

‘Casuals’ usualy aren’t top players, so they shouldn’t be on top of leaderboards.
Problem is completly different, top players probably won’t be on top of it with current system no matter if they solo Q or premade.

in PvP

Posted by: GhOst.4019

GhOst.4019

So the previous system was better that a player could play 15 matches, be 11-4, be rank 4 on LB’s forever and never move. You must be joking?

#1 Player Granada
#1 Player Comoros

in PvP

Posted by: Dhunis.9072

Dhunis.9072

If casuals were in the top spots there would be something wrong with the system don’t you think?

Ranked Arenas a.k.a. the New Hotjoin

in PvP

Posted by: GhOst.4019

GhOst.4019

If casuals were in the top spots there would be something wrong with the system don’t you think?

Yes……yes it would. You must play to win grasshopper. If you only play a couple matches a day, how can you honestly expect them to reward you for your “epicness”.

#1 Player Granada
#1 Player Comoros

in PvP

Posted by: Kitt.2567

Kitt.2567

current lb is just grinding bank

Visit “http://www.twitch.tv/the_korean_gamer/profile” for best warrior builds!

in PvP

Posted by: WyldKat.4712

WyldKat.4712

Yes……yes it would. You must play to win grasshopper. If you only play a couple matches a day, how can you honestly expect them to reward you for your “epicness”.

Style points?

Zestee, Cryptician Zetti, Zissi The Jack, Zi Mao,
Ziffy Snidehide, Zadie Hawkkin, Zannie Oakley, Zuulja
[ODIN],[NaCl] – Tarnished Coast

in PvP

Posted by: Gorni.1764

Gorni.1764

Couldn’t agree more. Players who may be much better than top-ranked players but don’t have time to play 24/7 or in groups will never reach higher ranks. Even though the old system was not ideal, it at least roughly showed your skill when you tracked the ranking of a player over a larger period of time.

Rachat – Elementalist (Abbadon’s Mouth)

in PvP

Posted by: Yelloweyedemon.2860

Yelloweyedemon.2860

Who cares about LB’s?

in PvP

Posted by: Harbinger.8637

Harbinger.8637

I just do see the point in wasting my time. If the rewards where better I’d be all over it! I mean the majority of the pvp population has llamas, and the Hero’s armor looks similar to the reward track.

However, this is the test season, so hopefully when the real deal happens, there will be rewards actually worth trying to achieve.

Guardian WvW Guide!
Heavens Rage

in PvP

Posted by: Vokajlaw.7089

Vokajlaw.7089

‘Casuals’ usualy aren’t top players, so they shouldn’t be on top of leaderboards.
Problem is completly different, top players probably won’t be on top of it with current system no matter if they solo Q or premade.

Then again as casual you will most likely not even end in the top 1000 and never be able to compare with others sicne you will not even be on the eladerboards. I wonder what’s so ahrd about not keeping it restricted to top 1000 only. Or is the GW2 PvP community limited to 1000 players?
Same goes for solo palyers. No way they will end on those eladerboards if they are, say, not high end players. But I for myself, no matter where I end up in the end would still like to see a rank instead of just % or whatever they’ll show in the end.

Nekrokolov – Worst Necromancer EU (With a passion though!)

in PvP

Posted by: Vimbi.9768

Vimbi.9768

step 1 : quit your job or school
step 2: sell your kids and your wife
step 3: log in gw2 and play all day all night
step 4: be sure to farm pugs with a full permade
step 5: dont forget to brag about your high leaderboard rank

Sure. New system full kitten. You do not need skill, team or brain or anything like that. Just play a lot, run around map and you get top rank.

in PvP

Posted by: SYPHA.9283

SYPHA.9283

who cares about leader boards..its for kids or teenagers that still live with their folks…