in PvP

Posted by: daltondeguzman.9182

daltondeguzman.9182

they do the same trio queue throws on just about a daily basis

The things people do to be #1

in PvP

Posted by: Ninski.5680

Ninski.5680

It’s okay Anet will just crown them the " God of PvP " nice game.

in PvP

Posted by: apharma.3741

apharma.3741

Might want to take it to reddit, there’s already a nice salty thread on there and your post won’t magically disappear like this will in a few hours.

in PvP

Posted by: Beast.6745

Beast.6745

This is how the 16-0 20-1 etc accounts are on the leader board. Said person, an ESL teammate of his, and an engineer queue. The solo will throw the match if he gets on the other team. Happens very often. They can’t beat good players legitimately, so they cheat the system by manipulating matches.

HURRICANE PATRICIA

in PvP

Posted by: Lord Hammer Hand.4815

Lord Hammer Hand.4815

this what plagues NA, and ANET will actually reward these people… i wonder if ANET will do what BLIZZ did with Diablo 3 leaderbaord before it ends they banned everyone you used alt account and accuse of Match manipulation.

Pacific Islander Legion [NoyP]
Black Gate
Ruthless Legend

in PvP

Posted by: Beast.6745

Beast.6745

this what plagues NA, and ANET will actually reward these people… i wonder if ANET will do what BLIZZ did with Diablo 3 leaderbaord before it ends they banned everyone you used alt account and accuse of Match manipulation.

alt accounting isn’t match manipulation. but having someone lose on purpose for you is

HURRICANE PATRICIA

in PvP

Posted by: Liewec.2896

Liewec.2896

i wanted to be #1 one day so i created some clones and taught them how to be supervillains.

in PvP

Posted by: Archon.6480

Archon.6480

Yeah, sorry to see that Annabel. I am glad to see you bring this up. I just pulled my brother in from PvP and I kept showing him the leaderboard and telling him you should be in first place. That was a few weeks ago.

I started a thread or two with some, maybe bad, ideas about how to add something to the scoring to push alt accounts out of the running so they can’t be used to manipulate the matches.

Can you think of some ideas of how to do this? You are clearly one of the best and might have a better perspective. The best ideas I could come up with were:

1. Add some kind of account based grind component to keep seldom played accounts out of the running (everyone hated this idea… A lot)
2. A threshold to keep accounts out of platinum/legendary matches (50-100 games played or something)

What do you think?

Jade Quarry – Esparie
Illustrious Exhausted Primordial Legendary Druid, and Mesmer for fun
PvE | PvP (1500)| WvW | Fractals | Dungeons

in PvP

Archon.6480

Might want to take it to reddit, there’s already a nice salty thread on there and your post won’t magically disappear like this will in a few hours.

Annabel is one of the best in NA and should be first or second place. If we keep this thread clean and come up with some good ideas how to prevent this, they will keep it open, and might even implement our ideas.

Jade Quarry – Esparie

in PvP

Archon.6480

alt accounting isn’t match manipulation. but having someone lose on purpose for you is

I agree, but it is part of the problem. If we could just find some way of keeping alt accounts out or reach of the top players on the leaderboard, this kind of stuff would not happen. I really think if we forced an account to play a 100 games or so to even be able to get into a legendary level match this would end. Or if we put a cap on placement at say 1500 MMR. Something like this?

Jade Quarry – Esparie

in PvP

Posted by: sephiroth.4217

sephiroth.4217

Annabel is one of the best in NA and should be first or second place. If we keep this thread clean and come up with some good ideas how to prevent this, they will keep it open, and might even implement our ideas.

I think he referring to posting names on forums but it’s a top player so it’s allowed, he can even call us plebs too if he wants.

I mostly play for the new Free-For-All arena in PvP lobby.
….. And Elementalist.

in PvP

Archon.6480

I think he referring to posting names on forums but it’s a top player so it’s allowed, he can even call us plebs too if he wants.

Ah, got ya. Yeah, good point. The names should be blacked out. Lol on your second point. Haha.

Jade Quarry – Esparie

in PvP

Posted by: Lord Hammer Hand.4815

Lord Hammer Hand.4815

to be honest i dont really care if some alt account get some title, but this is not good for the pvp community or those who wants to join. if they ban this people only 2 things can happen either they stop playing gw2 entirely or but another account with in that case Anet wins and community wins. but Anet is too soft, they are more strict in what u said in forums than whats going on ingame.

Pacific Islander Legion [NoyP]
Black Gate
Ruthless Legend

in PvP

Posted by: Saiyan.1704

Saiyan.1704

This is how the 16-0 20-1 etc accounts are on the leader board. Said person, an ESL teammate of his, and an engineer queue. The solo will throw the match if he gets on the other team. Happens very often. They can’t beat good players legitimately, so they cheat the system by manipulating matches.

RIP

Here’s a fix.
The due team with a DC player will receive a loss rather than just that 1 player.

The severity of the point loss could be, maybe, cut in half for the sake of forum QQ reduction

aka FalseLights
#5 best gerdien in wurld

in PvP

apharma.3741

Yep that’s what I was referring to.

Also Annabel can call a generic group plebs but cannot single a person or persons out for planning. Yes, Gaile actually clarified that in Helseths post.

in PvP

Posted by: Cheeseball C.8395

Cheeseball C.8395

One way to fix this is having multiple matches with top players que pop at the same time as multiple other games que pop and hiding the number of players that accept the que to avoid possible intentional multi quing into the same game tho a con of this is that it may slow down que times during times when que population frequency is low

in PvP

Posted by: kdaddy.5431

kdaddy.5431

I dont see anything wrong, Anet had a chance to make this season legit and once again they 1/2 patched it.

I and others had complained about the old Guild challenger leader boards. About teams playing 1 game getting a 1700 ranking and getting into the top 50. We had a team get ahead of my guild team season 2 when we went 12-7 and ranked 26 or 27th, cant remember. The team that got ahead of us were 2-1 at 25.

That was B.S and nothing was changed. This player you post a pic of is simply showing 1 of the many things flawed with this season.

I literally see no reason to continue playing games when there is probably 50+ alt accounts, match making that punishes me for being in the 1625-1700+ rating wise, Duo ques and a report system that has never worked in this game.

We have people posting threads all these issues before the season even started.

This is 100% on Anet

in PvP

Posted by: fishball.7204

fishball.7204

@kdaddy

Yep this season is trash and there’s plenty of blame to go around including the people who mess with matches by running alts through the league again and again, people paying gold to throw, people cheating, duo q offpeak farming, q dodging etc.

I played almost 500 matches this season got to around 1.8k MMR and said f this and kinda just gave up, it just wasn’t fun anymore.

It would really help if people didn’t exploit the system, nothing more demoralizing than seeing 3 pro league on 1 side and I get nobody as a solo q and THEN lose -15 because they’re alts. I mean ok you win 500-0, yay?

FOR THE GREEEEEEEEEEEEN

in PvP

kdaddy.5431

@kdaddy

Yep this season is trash and there’s plenty of blame to go around including the people who mess with matches by running alts through the league again and again, people paying gold to throw, people cheating, duo q offpeak farming, q dodging etc.

I played almost 500 matches this season got to around 1.8k MMR and said f this and kinda just gave up, it just wasn’t fun anymore.

It would really help if people didn’t exploit the system, nothing more demoralizing than seeing 3 pro league on 1 side and I get nobody as a solo q and THEN lose -15 because they’re alts. I mean ok you win 500-0, yay?

No i agree i dont like the 500-100/less wins ive had but i run into the issue of being a player formerly in the top 250 and now hover in the 1625-1700 range.

Thats besides the point though.

Like you said, ive taken maybe 7-10 pictures of 2-3 top 250 players on the other side and I and a bunch of golds on the other side. Ive posted 2 on the forum and posted another of a conversation of a former number ranked 1 player and his duo complaining about playing us.(the team i was on) He ended up surprised getting +4 while i got a -12.

That is a match making issue, something Anet did not address. Its crazy that all of the top 25 players or so have 75% Win Rates.

Before the season started Anet needed to address Match Making. They needed to address the board. We knew this before the season started and they didnt.

When the season started alt accounts became a issue, this is something they should of thought of but didnt.

Like you pointed out, all im trying to say was this season is what it is because Anet didnt put the effort in it to make a legitimate season.

“Anything that can happen will happen” – EU seems to be doing much better then NA Im on NA so i can only speak about my experience.

These guys are exploiting the system, a system most of us knew wasnt good before the season started which is why i put 100% of the blame on Anet.

Think about this, Annabelle is posting this but jeff was comfortable enough to talk about it because the top 5% of the player base know each other and are unable to regulate it.

For what ever reason, then lets add in the fact that Anet hasnt dealt with those things you talked about as well as hacking which a few people have posted on this forum.

I know you said you were tired but we are in Season 5 and i just dont enjoy the grind. This thread in itself is silly because had someone thought about S5 seriously 1/2 of these things being discussed wouldnt be a issue.

in PvP

Posted by: LUST.7241

LUST.7241

I honestly miss being able to verse the top players (in outlier matches). Ever since this started happening, others have begun doing it as well. I don’t even want to play GW2 after today.

It’s not making it fun and it stops real progression because now the system is filled with this mess (on NA). Season stats should be wiped completely. Total refresh.

in PvP

Posted by: Rashy.4165

Rashy.4165

And this is why we can’t have nice things.

It’ll likely be fixed for next season.

in PvP

Posted by: sephiroth.4217

sephiroth.4217

Also Annabel can call a generic group plebs but cannot single a person or persons out for planning. Yes, Gaile actually clarified that in Helseths post.

Yea, funny how this “successful” season has pushed so many away from the game and that’s what they chose to clarify. Not exactly sure why I keep checking forums for something either.

Good to know I can call people plebs if I don’t single them out.

I mostly play for the new Free-For-All arena in PvP lobby.
….. And Elementalist.

in PvP

Posted by: ReaperJr.5967

ReaperJr.5967

I mean, this isn’t exactly a secret. Almost everyone on the leaderboards know that the top players are either 1. Bribing someone to throw the game for them or 2. Bribing their own team mate to leave the game when they are going to lose or 3. Have a friend that can do both on an alt account.

I thought everyone knew about this already.

Lord Ninth \\ Champion Magus
- Primordial Legend
Semi-active.

in PvP

apharma.3741

Yea, funny how this “successful” season has pushed so many away from the game and that’s what they chose to clarify. Not exactly sure why I keep checking forums for something either.

Good to know I can call people plebs if I don’t single them out.

A few of you were concerned about the use of the term “pleb.” It’s not the greatest term, but I seem to remember when newbie/noob/n00b was considered the height of insult and it’s now commonplace and pretty acceptable across the board.

The ground rule is this:

• A generic reference = ok. Example: “The average pleb will…”
  • A direct referral to another player as a pleb = not ok. “You’re a pleb.” “You play like a pleb.” “Your socks carry the unmistakable odor of plebism.”
  • Other types of insults aren’t good, either.

If you’re going to report, look at what’s being said. If you’re going to try an attack or a counter attack, may I politely introduce you to your choice of PvP modes rather than doing it on the forums?

in PvP

Posted by: ThatNAESLGuard.6238

ThatNAESLGuard.6238

I mean, this isn’t exactly a secret. Almost everyone on the leaderboards know that the top players are either 1. Bribing someone to throw the game for them or 2. Bribing their own team mate to leave the game when they are going to lose or 3. Have a friend that can do both on an alt account.

there are two people who are cheating, jeffiEZZZ and ddongs. everyone in the top 50 lb hates these two.

Darek.1836

in PvP

Posted by: JTGuevara.9018

JTGuevara.9018

THIS is why I quit PvP.

Nonsense like that is why I don’t bother to play anymore and went back to WvW. Say what you want about WvW, but at least the fights are fun provided the days that server populations are even.

Frankly, the state of PvP is downright pathetic.

in PvP

Posted by: fishball.7204

fishball.7204

there are two people who are cheating, jeffiEZZZ and ddongs. everyone in the top 50 lb hates these two.

Says the guy who paid someone 200g to “disconnect”?

FOR THE GREEEEEEEEEEEEN

in PvP

Posted by: ReaperJr.5967

ReaperJr.5967

I’m sure there are more. I’ve seen numerous people in top 50 who don’t even deserve to be there cuz they are so bad.

Lord Ninth \\ Champion Magus
- Primordial Legend
Semi-active.

in PvP

Posted by: Reaper Alim.4176

Reaper Alim.4176

to be honest i dont really care if some alt account get some title, but this is not good for the pvp community or those who wants to join. if they ban this people only 2 things can happen either they stop playing gw2 entirely or but another account with in that case Anet wins and community wins. but Anet is too soft, they are more strict in what u said in forums than whats going on ingame.

A sad but true fact. Looking at my 40 minute forum timeouts. For either defending my self from forum trolls or posting my concerns on these forums. Yet the top players/Privileged Club players just get rewarded for blatantly continuing to cheat and exploit in a ?competitive? Ranked PvP setting, oh and the match match does throw match completely in the favor of the so called top players instead of letting them face off against each other. I mean how meaning disadvantages does others have to gain, in order for a system crown who it wants as good at PvP?

I don’t know about you, but I sure see the disconnect here. The way I see it atm. Is that this ranked PvP system would just be better at telling where they end the season after just signing out instead of dragging the few innocent hopefuls into stacked matches for 1 or 2 months, just saying.

Top players should be always facing against each other. Not allowed to farm lower rated players through exploits and stuff. This a basic violation of ToS in nearly any other actual eSports, that will get them banned yet it is pushed and encouraged here. All of this as I’ve said above is my opinion on why Arena Net just just stop the facade and just push all rewards to both ranked and unranked queues and completely abandon make believing that eSports will ever be a thing in GW2.

I maybe a troll with class.
But at least I admit it!
PoF guys get ready for PvE joys

in PvP

Posted by: ReaverKane.7598

ReaverKane.7598

You know, the problem here isn’t the alt accounts, Smurfs happen in league of legends and most people just go with it.
The problem here is that since seasons are 2 months long you have a constant state of END-SEASON League of Legends play.
Everyone that plays league knows that you can’t find a decent ranked match at the end of the season, because a ton of people are getting their paid (or not) rank boosts from high rank players on their smurf accounts. This breeds a toxic environment where you either land on the booster team and win easily (or lose badly, depending on how good the guy is, because they can go all, “i’m so glorious” and get destroyed by half decent lower rank players).

And in GW2 it’s the same thing, because of ~2 month seasons, everyone is racing to the top at a frantic pace, and those that can will try to fix things to improve their standing, its only obvious.

in PvP

Posted by: Skittledness.5106

Skittledness.5106

Hi Jeffie here!The only thing I’m guilty of is smurfing/alt accounting which virtually every top player that ques has done to some extent.If you do so believe I’m match manipulation you can check my twitch and anet if your here. Feel free to go through my chat logs.But honestly it shouldn’t matter since I’ve stopped occupying the top spots on the leaderboard(which I did intentionally).

Jeffies Jeffie Jeff Jeff Jeff Jeff Jeff Jeffies Jeffie Jeff Jeff Jeff Jeff Jeff Jeffies Jeffie

in PvP

Posted by: Darth Laa.5782

Darth Laa.5782

Please ban this disgusting man who is intentionally making people throw games, before he posts a recorded video of the upset top tier players intentionally throwing matches as well. Preferably before Friday, when daddy allows him play on his computer again.

in PvP

Posted by: Rarnark.5623

Rarnark.5623

This matters ALOT! I am personally disgusted and outraged with this players down right egregious and flippant behavior in respect to the misuse and abuse of this highly competitive system. I personally DEMAND that this gentleman be reprimanded for his actions so that we can all start taking ranked queue seriously again.

Please help! This “Mouthbreather Jeff” has gone rampant long enough. It is time to put and end to this evil or risk the end of competitive Guild Wars 2 as we know it.

Spirit Bae
Bad Boy Teenager Club [BBTC]
twitch.tv/rarnark

in PvP

Posted by: idk.7156

idk.7156

The leaderboard is absolutely being rigged by the dishonest and distorted players pushing Crooked Alts – but also at many other ranks – SAD. I thought this was going to be the season where everything was perfect. WRONG. #Unacceptable#MakeGw2GreatAgain.

in PvP

Posted by: pdemo.8312

pdemo.8312

D Dongs here. All we’ve done is smurf which is a problem but the creator of this post is also doing it so why should people play on their mains to q into kat/tokers alts where it means nothing to them if they lose but we lose rating on our mains? If everyone wants to play on their mains and winning/losing is equal to all of us that’s fine with me.

Anet, If you want to have someone managing the leader boards and smurfs i’m sure there are plenty of people in the community that will help you including Jeff and I.

(edited by pdemo.8312)

in PvP

Posted by: shagwell.1349

shagwell.1349

NA is the worst environment for pvp. The players are more toxic then EU, throw games more often and the NA esl guys are mostly the kind of players from the screenshot on top. Additionally you have timezones where players don’t speak English so communication isnt possible and OCX guys with terrible pings that are unable to play and reporting toxic or afk players has zero effect.

That what happens when the company does not care for their esports environment.

[orz] below mediocre – we sponsor Arenanet
Piken Square EU, maybe soon on your server.

in PvP

Posted by: shagwell.1349

shagwell.1349

D Dongs here. All we’ve done is smurf which is a problem but the creator of this post is also doing it so why should people play on their mains to q into kat/tokers alts where it means nothing to them if they lose but we lose rating on our mains? If everyone wants to play on their mains and winning/losing is equal to all of us that’s fine with me..

“Hey everyone is an idiot. WHY NOT ME TOO”.

[orz] below mediocre – we sponsor Arenanet
Piken Square EU, maybe soon on your server.

in PvP

pdemo.8312

HEY WHO HERE LOVES TRAINS???????

in PvP

Posted by: Elxdark.9702

Elxdark.9702

xD

in PvP

Posted by: Essence Snow.3194

Essence Snow.3194

Attachments:

Serenity now~Insanity later

in PvP

kdaddy.5431

D Dongs here. All we’ve done is smurf which is a problem but the creator of this post is also doing it so why should people play on their mains to q into kat/tokers alts where it means nothing to them if they lose but we lose rating on our mains? If everyone wants to play on their mains and winning/losing is equal to all of us that’s fine with me.

Anet, If you want to have someone managing the leader boards and smurfs i’m sure there are plenty of people in the community that will help you including Jeff and I.

Bingo, +1

in PvP

kdaddy.5431

LOL

in PvP

Posted by: Khyan.7039

Khyan.7039

You are one of them, so maybe you shouldn’t talk that much about it. Your e-rep in this forum is near 0, just in case you didn’t remember what you did with your games.

(edited by Khyan.7039)

in PvP

Posted by: morrolan.9608

morrolan.9608

And this is why we can’t have nice things.

It’ll likely be fixed for next season.

I don’t see why it can’t be fixed now. The only players who would complain are the exploiters and of course they can be completely disregarded.

Jade Quarry [SoX]
Miranda Zero – Ele / Twitch Zero – Mes / Chargrin Soulboom – Engi
Aliera Zero – Guardian / Reaver Zero – Necro

in PvP

Posted by: Faux Play.6104

Faux Play.6104

Yeah, sorry to see that Annabel. I am glad to see you bring this up. I just pulled my brother in from PvP and I kept showing him the leaderboard and telling him you should be in first place. That was a few weeks ago.

I started a thread or two with some, maybe bad, ideas about how to add something to the scoring to push alt accounts out of the running so they can’t be used to manipulate the matches.

Can you think of some ideas of how to do this? You are clearly one of the best and might have a better perspective. The best ideas I could come up with were:

1. Add some kind of account based grind component to keep seldom played accounts out of the running (everyone hated this idea… A lot)
2. A threshold to keep accounts out of platinum/legendary matches (50-100 games played or something)

What do you think?

Yeah a game threshold an account would have to play to qualify for top 25 placement was my initial thought, maybe require 50 games before your account would show up on the leaderboard regardless of your MMR. there’s a number of good solutions that have been posted across threads for this.
The thing I can’t figure out how to fix is match manipulation, how does Anet create a system that is punishing to those who would abuse it and friendly to those who might just get an unlucky DC? Moreover, how will they detect when someone is throwing games and who is just playing bad? What can be implemented to prevent a third person from queuing and throwing for the other team? unfortunately I don’t think theres any easy solution to this

1) Remove player’s names from matches, If you don’t’ know who is on the other team, or your team you won’t know if you should throw to knock a certain player down.

2) Have community based observers for matches. If names/guilds are stripped from the players, community volunteers could observe matches and administer punishment for obvious infractions. I’m sure there will be subtle ways to throw matches that can’t be easily picked up, but by just having an official observing the matches will reduce the amount of offenses.

in PvP

Posted by: Rarnark.5623

Rarnark.5623

If you want a competitive solo arena:

1) Remove duo q option. Solo only for less segregation and more accurate ladder placement

2) In game voice. This game is kitten without a proper communication. Also players in the high end will just join channel in ts together the second they get teamed which gives greater advantage to said team (which is usually already stacked). Having in game voice will level the playing field significantly and allow for a higher level of coordinated play.

3) Put in barrier to entry rating on matches. I haven’t been on in awhile but it was the case WAY too often that severely under qualified individuals would randomly show up in matches. Doesn’t matter if the average rating per team is close, these people simply ruin match quality independently.

As far as match manipulation goes in THEORY if a player is consistently throwing games their rating will just drop into oblivion and they will cease to show up in your matches. As of now I don’t understand exactly why this wouldn’t happen.

Lets say that X player is having Y player throw every game he gets on enemy team, and for simplicity let’s say that this is a perfect world and X player wins 100% of his matches while Y player wins 50% (since he had to throw the 50% of the time he was on enemy team). It would seem that these two individuals rating would diverge rather quickly, therefore ruining their system after some brief trolling at the expense of Y players rating being in the gutter.

This could possibly be nullified by player Y farming rating again in an attempt to get back into player x’s game to throw again, farm again, rinse and repeat. However, if what you’re experiencing is genuine and consistent match manipulation, I would be inclined to believe that matchmaking is simply garbage (Or they’re mega rich and paying other players off repeatedly ala the snuffles legacy). This could probably be attributed to the serious scarcity of a competitive player base.

In the mean time don’t take this KITTEN so seriously. You (the players) are the only people who give this system any worth. The amount of drama I’ve heard about the new ranked queue since it’s release is comical. There is no consequence to an inaccurate skill rating other than vain labor on anets part, and if everyone is aware of the systems flaws at the end of the day it means nothing.

Wait for 5v5 and then kitten at eachother.

Now everyone quit crying.

Spirit Bae
Bad Boy Teenager Club [BBTC]
twitch.tv/rarnark

(edited by Rarnark.5623)

in PvP

Posted by: Saiyan.1704

Saiyan.1704

I’M DYING.

aka FalseLights
#5 best gerdien in wurld

in PvP

pdemo.8312

Kat dude how bought we all calm down I quit the game and we play with some kittenin trains?

in PvP

pdemo.8312

Kat can we hang out plz? I’m sorry