The things people do to be #1

in PvP

Posted by: kdaddy.5431

kdaddy.5431

Kat dude how bought we all calm down I quit the game and we play with some kittenin trains?

Nope they will want to play with hot wheels and you will get upset because you got all those awesome trains.

Seriously why am i the only one playing with the hatchimals!!!!!!!!

in PvP

Posted by: ThatNAESLGuard.6238

ThatNAESLGuard.6238

I asked grouch about voice chat at lan and he said it would never haopen

Darek.1836

in PvP

Posted by: ReaperJr.5967

ReaperJr.5967

If that’s true, that has got to be the worst decision ever. Literally every single competitive team game has an in game voice chat. How else are you supposed to coordinate real time kitten .

Lord Ninth \\ Champion Magus
- Primordial Legend
Semi-active.

in PvP

Posted by: ReaperJr.5967

ReaperJr.5967

League of Legends doesn’t have voice chat.

Oh I don’t play league but I assumed they did. If the argument against VOIP was toxicity then they could always introduce the mute function like D2.

Lord Ninth \\ Champion Magus
- Primordial Legend
Semi-active.

in PvP

Posted by: MissCee.1295

MissCee.1295

While the obvious and blatant shenanigans running rampant on the NA leaderboard is demoralising, disgusting and downright unsportsmanlike; it pales in comparison to Anet’s deathly silence on the matter.

Once you’ve taken a few spins around the sun, you come to realise that in almost everything in life the few will ruin it for the many. If there is something that can be exploited, it will be. Ranked PVP is no different.

So in a way, I’m not surprised by the steady stream of examples of match manipulation/leaderboard exploitation that have been finding there way to the forums during S5. I am extremely disappointed, just not overly surprised.

The single thing I find most infuriating, shocking and disgusting (insert a few more adjectives here) is that Anet have remained silent in the face of overwhelming evidence.

One might argue that S5 has been an unmitigated disaster, despite the introduction of some really good improvements.

Personally I have two questions:

How many people will leave pvp because of the leaderboard/matchmaking debacles?

If & when will Anet publicly denounce match manipulators and clean up the community?

My toons: Loki Thunderstruck, Loki Livewire,Loki Spellbound, Loki Meanstreak

Find pvp players: https://www.reddit.com/r/GuildWars2PvPTeams/

in PvP

Posted by: Elxdark.9702

Elxdark.9702

If that’s true, that has got to be the worst decision ever. Literally every single competitive team game has an in game voice chat. How else are you supposed to coordinate real time kitten .

But this game isn’t competitive, so it’s fine.

in PvP

Posted by: apharma.3741

apharma.3741

If you want a competitive solo arena:

1) Remove duo q option. Solo only for less segregation and more accurate ladder placement

2) In game voice. This game is kitten without a proper communication. Also players in the high end will just join channel in ts together the second they get teamed which gives greater advantage to said team (which is usually already stacked). Having in game voice will level the playing field significantly and allow for a higher level of coordinated play.

Yeah i honestly think if a solo q only system were to be implemented voice chat would be a must, its too hard to carry solo when you have to type to your team where to go. There could be a rating barrier that would create longer queue times but on NA where during primetime you get +4 and -20 for a loss i think i’d rather just wait the extra 5-10 minutes for a q without lower rated players in it.

This would only possibly work in NA as most people there speak some form of language resembling English.

Ele: “Hey guys, stick near me and I’ll heal you up!”

Warrior: “**** off you ********* ********, i **** yor mom!”

Ele: “Charming, lets just win ok?”

Ranger: (breathing)

Guardian: (screaming and shouting in the background) “SHUT UP MOM IM PLAYING MY ******* GAME!”

Ele: “So…..anyone got a plan?”

Ranger: (breathing intensifies)

Guardian: “Sorry I just had to SHUT UP MOM!! Sorry sorry, yeah I’ll go mid with you and the war.”

Warrior: “**** off you piece of ****”

Ele: “Sure ok.”

Ranger: (loud breathing)

Ele: “Are you ok druid?”

Ranger: "Es-tu une fille?

Ele: “errrrr”

Ranger: “Je ne parle que français”

Announcer: The match is about to begin!

in PvP

Posted by: sephiroth.4217

sephiroth.4217

1) Remove duo q option. Solo only for less segregation and more accurate ladder placement

2) In game voice. This game is kitten without a proper communication. Also players in the high end will just join channel in ts together the second they get teamed which gives greater advantage to said team (which is usually already stacked). Having in game voice will level the playing field significantly and allow for a higher level of coordinated play.

Yeah i honestly think if a solo q only system were to be implemented voice chat would be a must, its too hard to carry solo when you have to type to your team where to go. There could be a rating barrier that would create longer queue times but on NA where during primetime you get +4 and -20 for a loss i think i’d rather just wait the extra 5-10 minutes for a q without lower rated players in it.

This would only possibly work in NA as most people there speak some form of language resembling English.

Ele: “Hey guys, stick near me and I’ll heal you up!”

Warrior: “**** off you ********* ********, i **** yor mom!”

Ele: “Charming, lets just win ok?”

Ranger: (breathing)

Guardian: (screaming and shouting in the background) “SHUT UP MOM IM PLAYING MY ******* GAME!”

Ele: “So…..anyone got a plan?”

Ranger: (breathing intensifies)

Guardian: “Sorry I just had to SHUT UP MOM!! Sorry sorry, yeah I’ll go mid with you and the war.”

Warrior: “**** off you piece of ****”

Ele: “Sure ok.”

Ranger: (loud breathing)

Ele: “Are you ok druid?”

Ranger: "Es-tu une fille?

Ele: “errrrr”

Ranger: “Je ne parle que français”

Announcer: The match is about to begin!

I expected that Ranger loud breathing to be something different.

Attachments:

I mostly play for the new Free-For-All arena in PvP lobby.
….. And Elementalist.

in PvP

Posted by: ReaverKane.7598

ReaverKane.7598

You already got Duo queue, it didn’t work, now you ask Solo, what are you going to do when that doesn’t work, because it won’t.
The problem isn’t queue size its the community and the way the rest works. The problem is 2 month seasons, a farmable league, and PvE objectives on a PvP game, which means that too many people will do it to farm for the PvE bling, which means people that don’t know how to play, it means people rigging it as much as possible, and a crappy scene altogether.
PvP has never been better than before leagues were introduced.

We need proper Solo/Duo and TEAM queues, so people that want to play as a team, don’t have to throw games because they didn’t manage to get everyone on the same team.
We need proper PvP rewards.
We need proper matchmaking.
We need longer seasons, so that we don’t have the constant rush.
We need actually balanced classes, and a step away from the tank meta. (And balanced classes HAS to mean that non-spec classes are as viable as the rest)
Until we do that, people will complain (because people will always complain), PvP will be the same crap it is since HoT, and the competitive scene will lose more and more weight.
I mean, if EVERYONE ends up playing the same thing, it’s not fun (i know house rules prevent stacking, and so teams end up a bit different, but not that much, really).

in PvP

Posted by: kdaddy.5431

kdaddy.5431

You already got Duo queue, it didn’t work, now you ask Solo, what are you going to do when that doesn’t work, because it won’t.
The problem isn’t queue size its the community and the way the rest works. The problem is 2 month seasons, a farmable league, and PvE objectives on a PvP game, which means that too many people will do it to farm for the PvE bling, which means people that don’t know how to play, it means people rigging it as much as possible, and a crappy scene altogether.
PvP has never been better than before leagues were introduced.

We need proper Solo/Duo and TEAM queues, so people that want to play as a team, don’t have to throw games because they didn’t manage to get everyone on the same team.
We need proper PvP rewards.
We need proper matchmaking.
We need longer seasons, so that we don’t have the constant rush.
We need actually balanced classes, and a step away from the tank meta. (And balanced classes HAS to mean that non-spec classes are as viable as the rest)
Until we do that, people will complain (because people will always complain), PvP will be the same crap it is since HoT, and the competitive scene will lose more and more weight.
I mean, if EVERYONE ends up playing the same thing, it’s not fun (i know house rules prevent stacking, and so teams end up a bit different, but not that much, really).

Preach on brother!

the big ones just to highlight, (imo)

better build diversity

better match making

PvP rewards, build a better PvP scene with actual pvp things instead of letting Pve players come into PvP and not care about anything.

in PvP

Posted by: Vitali.5039

Vitali.5039

Next step is to bring pvp into pve: dark souls like invasion in fractals and raids :p