The top Solo-Q skill will be:

in PvP

Posted by: Laserbolt.6731

Laserbolt.6731

If a person is in the top 10 on the solo-Q leaderboard, what will that mean?

What are they the best at?

I think it will be the ability to help a random group of strangers work as a successful team in as short a time as possible.

They won’t be able to carry four other people if the other four don’t have a clue. Please don’t even try to argue that.

Scrapper: “Frank from Research”

(edited by Laserbolt.6731)

in PvP

Posted by: Schlieffen.2054

Schlieffen.2054

Do we know if character swapping will be allowed for soloQ matches yet? If it is allowed, people who swap to make their comp better will have at least a small advantage.

in PvP

Posted by: Chase.8415

Chase.8415

It’s going to be full of Bunkers.

in PvP

Posted by: ensoriki.5789

ensoriki.5789

This is what I am thinking.
It’s like playing a Monk in Random Arena’s.

The great forum duppy.

in PvP

Laserbolt.6731

Perhaps the #1 skill will be the ability to look at the two teams’ profession mix and instantly know how to use their own profession to best effect in the upcoming match.

And then the ability to suggest a strategy that has the best chance of working with the mix of professions on the teams.

in PvP

Posted by: Geiir.7603

Geiir.7603

Then my bunker buster thief will have tons of fun ripping them to pieces

But on topic:
They will probably be best at making the best out of any situation. You will be grouped with several different builds, play styles and professions, so you will have to be able to judge any situation and make the best out of it.

Melder – Thief

in PvP

Posted by: Mammoth.1975

Mammoth.1975

Pretty much. Guards can just carry a bit more. Having a bunker on mid has a pretty significant effect on win rate.

If you’re not playing to win, don’t complain when you lose.

in PvP

Posted by: Neare.9703

Neare.9703

It’s still going to come down to luck though.

in PvP

Posted by: Mammoth.1975

Mammoth.1975

It’s still going to come down to luck though.

Given a large enough sample your effect will show. There won’t be wide gaps, but the better players will come out on top. People who you see right now soloing to top 200 leaderboards are going to be top20. People who are on top of the leaderboards right now with their teams are going to do well too, not just because they’re good players, which they are, but also because they are known as good players and will therefore have an easier time coordinating a team. Until you have played quite a lot of games luck will have a lot to do with it though.

I do mean quite a lot too, as there is going to be a fair bit of variance I think. While the game is balanced for teamplay, a lot of the ‘skill’ in solo queue will be getting a balanced comp, just like it was in RA.

If you’re not playing to win, don’t complain when you lose.

(edited by Mammoth.1975)

in PvP

Posted by: Kirchhoff.5876

Kirchhoff.5876

it will be full of necros, mersmer and S/D theives

in PvP

Posted by: Ashanor.5319

Ashanor.5319

it will be full of necros, mersmer and S/D theives

So.. just like hotjoin? lol

in PvP

Posted by: Dirame.8521

Dirame.8521

Guys, you’re overestimating the level of which people care. No one cares enough to play bunker. All they want to do is see big numbers and nuke things down. Most of what you’ll see is DPS everything and the rare bunker here and there.

I make guides to builds you may not have heard of;
http://www.youtube.com/user/ceimash
http://www.twitch.tv/ceimash

in PvP

Posted by: Kirchhoff.5876

Kirchhoff.5876

and people raging because they have warriors on their team xD

in PvP

Posted by: Ashanor.5319

Ashanor.5319

As this warrior facestomps them.

in PvP

Posted by: RoRo.8270

RoRo.8270

The #1 ability to sync with friends

in PvP

Posted by: Neare.9703

Neare.9703

Actually, do we know how it’s going to be implemented in regards to previous tpvp win:lose ratios. I would expect that it would have to start on 0 and not incorporate previous stats to be accurate.

in PvP

Posted by: Chase.8415

Chase.8415

Guys, you’re overestimating the level of which people care. No one cares enough to play bunker. All they want to do is see big numbers and nuke things down. Most of what you’ll see is DPS everything and the rare bunker here and there.

Which is precisely why bunkers will take over the solo queue ladder, it’s the fact that they do so much for the team and cause a disadvantage for the enemy if they do not have one.

in PvP

Posted by: uberkingkong.8041

uberkingkong.8041

They aint going to be any bunkers lol,
also when you win more games and get higher in leaderboards eventually you’ll be playing with people your skill level, so being top 10 is something. Its just like how it works right now, the 5% leaderboard people don’t play the top 50 on leaderboards right now.

The only factor is getting to the top of the leaderboards and getting to where your suppose to be.

in PvP

Laserbolt.6731

If winning the game is key to the leaderboard, I think there will be bunkers.

in PvP

Posted by: mrook.4163

mrook.4163

A lot of people seem to assume the only reason anyone plays bunker is to win. While this is certainly the draw for many players, there are definitely those who gravitate towards this sort of role. Those of us crazy enough to enjoy supporting our allies will stick with this playstyle whenever we can, whether it be as a traditional healer in another MMO or a support bunker in Guild Wars 2. I am not trying to say anything about the pros or cons of a bunker in solo q, but simply trying to correct the misconception that no one enjoys this role!

in PvP

Posted by: Thesilentflute.8761

Thesilentflute.8761

There will be bunkers and proper play as long as necro is made mortal again. I can see there are mostly hot joiners in this thread lucky us they will be stuck in the bottom 30% in hot join hell while the rest of us get to play the game and climb the ladder.

I see good ideas every day …good in theory. – Shawn Farthing
Masters in Geek Mythology
YOU ARE NOT THE INVENTOR OF WORDS!!! lol

in PvP

uberkingkong.8041

If tiny amount of people play bunker in the current solo que, what makes you think they’ll change in the next solo que?

Its pretty obvious solo que’ers are impatient and think they always gotta be doing something and if they aren’t doing anything they’re failing, hence why 90% of time after you win mid fight someone will go far and get there kitten wooped.

You don’t see that many solo que’ers winning mid fight and say to themselves lets bunker it now.

in PvP

Posted by: DiogoSilva.7089

DiogoSilva.7089

The team with the bunker guardian at the middle will win over the team without the bunker guardian at the middle, exceptions aside.

in PvP

Posted by: Arganthium.5638

Arganthium.5638

I don’t think a team full of bunkers will be at the top of the Leaderboards. GC’s rip them to pieces, simply because of the fact that power has a much more significant effect on amplification relative to base stats than does any defensive stat.

Thief|Mesmer|
Theorycrafter

in PvP

Posted by: Romek.4201

Romek.4201

i bet rly good playerz like Teldo, Mogmow, Jumper, Phantaram and so onn can carry there teams

dont forget they fight randoms too and this guyz will win there 1v1 1v2 most time and clear nodes vs strangers in seconds and see where they are needed on map

someone like mogmow will kill alot people easy and make so enemy team most time fight outnumbered

you will not see after 10 matches how good someone is but with statistics than 500+ games i bet you will have playerz win games more than 55%-60%

in PvP

Posted by: ensoriki.5789

ensoriki.5789

I feel demand is important. If you have alts you can hot-flip as you see an issue arise it’ll help but

Sitting on a node all day bores most, so the amount of bunkers in solo que will be less. Which generally means if you’re a damage dealer you’ll likely commonly be part of at eam with an abundance in damage dealing.
If you play a bunker, you’ll almost always get roamers/assaulters so you have to worry about comp disadvantage less since you’ll usually be the part which most comps lack.

If the top is full of bunkers/supports that means if you get to that level you can switch to DD because you’ll have enough support, but then again I’d think anyone that high up plays 2 profs or more for versatilitys sake. Lower ranks will be full of damage dealers and lacking in bunkers capable or not.

It’s not really that making a bunker makes you better or that it’s an instant boost up the boards. It’s just that if comps are important the majority doesn’t play bunker and by doing so you can fix the hole that most comps will have in solo ranked. It’s common enough to see 2-3 thieves currently, won’t change much in solo ranked until you elevate where people are more flexible.

The great forum duppy.

(edited by ensoriki.5789)

in PvP

Posted by: SPESHAL.9106

SPESHAL.9106

Good players will adapt to whatever the situation/comp and choose the appropriate strategy.

It’s pretty easy to change your traits/utilities/elites to counter a guardian or give yourself a better chance against any comp.

Good players will also be realistic and understand the random nature of a solo que (i.e. sometimes they will have bad match-ups and lose no matter what they do)

Bad players will think they can play whatever build they want and think they should win every solo que. Then…come on to the forum and whine whenever they lose.

Same old…same old.

in PvP

Posted by: Kwll.1468

Kwll.1468

i bet rly good playerz like Teldo, Mogmow, Jumper, Phantaram and so onn can carry there teams

dont forget they fight randoms too and this guyz will win there 1v1 1v2 most time and clear nodes vs strangers in seconds and see where they are needed on map

someone like mogmow will kill alot people easy and make so enemy team most time fight outnumbered

you will not see after 10 matches how good someone is but with statistics than 500+ games i bet you will have playerz win games more than 55%-60%

Not really. There are other great solo players that just never had the time or inclination to join a team, and are thus unknown, that are just as good as any of the guys you listed most likely. Its just the numerical odds. I believe the cream of the crop will top out at maybe 65% win ratio and it wouldn’t surprise me if a little lower. It will be interesting to see what happens to say the least.

in PvP

Posted by: Arganthium.5638

Arganthium.5638

kittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittkittennnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnomek.4201:

rly good playerz like Teldo, Mogmow, Jumper, Phantaram and so onn can carry there teams

No one player can play on three points at once, and be there to help at every other engagement at every other point on the map.

It’s good to have good players on your team, but there comes a point where they can’t make up for the failures of four other players.

Thief|Mesmer|
Theorycrafter

in PvP

Posted by: Nabrok.9023

Nabrok.9023

As this warrior facestomps them.

If the warrior on my team facestomped me, I would be raging too.

You’re supposed to facestomp the other team!

“I’m not a PvE, WvW, or PvP player – I am a Guild Wars 2 player”
Tarnished Coast – Dissentient [DIS]
All classes

in PvP

Posted by: Junkpile.7439

Junkpile.7439

Maybe i come troll too. Gaming is more fun when people rage.

Low quality trolling since launch
Seafarer’s Rest EotM grinch

in PvP

Posted by: garethh.3518

garethh.3518

It will be the exact same thing as the que right now… just with the occasional person who occasionally cares about rank.

Rank is largely influenced by luck so no one will take it all that seriously for all that much time. It’ll be mildly less luck based than YOLO queing… and next to no one gives half a rats left testi about rank when solo queing…

If rank took into account a meaningful ‘in match score’… like k/d/a ratio in a MOBA… the ranking would be taken a bit more seriously because it pulls out the luck for, even in a losing match, the ability to even, if not increase, your rank… if you really played well enough to earn it.

GW2 is just a crapshoot in comparison.
Glory means jack kitten about how well you played.
I’ve back point bunkered the hell out of a few matches, easily saving us the game by winning/pushing off 1v2s~ and stalling out 1v3s… yet had like the lowest score…
Glory is useless, plain and simple.

(edited by garethh.3518)

in PvP

Laserbolt.6731

garethh,

Yes, they should log deaths and kills.

in PvP

Posted by: Gilgamesh.2561

Gilgamesh.2561

My fear is:

Friend A and Friend B queue for game at same time, but the queue wasn’t perfect and puts them on opposing teams:

Team 1: Friend A
Team 2: Friend B

Friend B helps friend A by throwing the match. (Friend B loses intentionally)

in PvP

uberkingkong.8041

My fear is:

Friend A and Friend B queue for game at same time, but the queue wasn’t perfect and puts them on opposing teams:

Team 1: Friend A
Team 2: Friend B

Friend B helps friend A by throwing the match. (Friend B loses intentionally)

I’ve seen this before, pretty frustrating huh. I was on the team that friend b loses intentionally. It was a solo que vs premade though, I guess if I was in his shoes I’d throw the match for my 5 friends as well, better to sacrifice yourself than all your comrades, aka taking the grenade for the team.