in PvP

Posted by: Marcos.3690

Marcos.3690

The truth about the Diamond Skin issue

in PvP

Posted by: Bsgapollo.5364

Bsgapollo.5364

I wouldn’t even call it a buff

Level 80 Elementalist, experienced player in pvp, trying out pve for now.

in PvP

Posted by: Wintel.4873

Wintel.4873

It’s a buff against 1 specific build of Necro, and against all other builds/profs the Ele will be completely screwed due to over-reaching so far into a useless trait line.

But yeah that image about sums it up :P

in PvP

Posted by: cymerdown.4103

cymerdown.4103

Nah, it’s that it’s bad game design.

Kensuda (Bunker Guardian)
Bunker Guardian Guide
Twitch Stream

in PvP

Posted by: ronpierce.2760

ronpierce.2760

I can agree with this. While I’m 100% fine (for the record) with passive defenses, that’s the line I draw. I enjoy passives its part of character building, but immunities that are “infinite” to a certain point isn’t a good design if you ask me, but we’ll see how it goes. With their small HP pool, having out a flesh golem, basic damage from attacks and the ele having to leave 30 points out of water or arcana, I doubt it’ll be too big of an issue to be perfectly honest. I think people are over thinking this, even if it is poor design.

High Warlord Sikari (80 Reaper) / Lord Siekron (80 DH)
Warlord Sikari (80 Scrapper)

in PvP

Wintel.4873

The entire Ele profession could be considered bad game design (at least as far as SPvP goes).
A huge number of impractical/ineffective abilities with long cooldowns, further separated by another set of cooldowns. Incredibly squishy, too many handicaps, not enough reward for skill, no real role in SPvP that isn’t done far better by other professions, extremely restrictive builds, etc.

(edited by Wintel.4873)

in PvP

Posted by: clint.5681

clint.5681

Well if ANET didn’t over nerf things like ele and ranger the classes would be more viable today and have more than one useful build.

Rangir Dangir – Ranger | Mr. Ragr- Guardian| Sneak Stab – Thief | Mr. Ragir- Warrior
[url=https://] [/url]

in PvP

ronpierce.2760

Well, actually, Ele is just poorly designed anyways and here’s why:
- Eles are designed to use all attunements and swap frequently.
- Elemental trees try to favor only 1 attunement.
- Arcana Supports swapping frequently.
- Arcana also has weapon specific traits.
- Eles have low HP, thus they often need Water’s support to survive heavy burst/conditions.

Hence; Water/Arcana is so popular and will likely not change from that. Elemental trees need to be redesigned to affect all elements and support swapping, even if the focus is still on one tree. OR give a 1% CD reduction per point for any given element. If neither of those happen or one tree doesn’t get buffed out of its mind, then likely Water and Arcana (specifically arcana) will always be the go-to. :/

in PvP

Posted by: hooma.9642

hooma.9642

- Eles have low HP, thus they often need Water’s support to survive heavy burst/conditions.

Hence; Water/Arcana is so popular and will likely not change from that. Elemental trees need to be redesigned to affect all elements and support swapping, even if the focus is still on one tree. OR give a 1% CD reduction per point for any given element. If neither of those happen or one tree doesn’t get buffed out of its mind, then likely Water and Arcana (specifically arcana) will always be the go-to. :/

is it that bad to invest in arcana knowing it buffs the class mechanic? thats like complaining about investing in discipline as warrior.

in PvP

ronpierce.2760

is it that bad to invest in arcana knowing it buffs the class mechanic? thats like complaining about investing in discipline as warrior.

No… I wasn’t saying Arcana was bad. I was saying its the only one that makes sense, hence why the others will likely never be viable unless major changes are made.

in PvP

Posted by: Phaeton.9582

Phaeton.9582

Keeping an ele at over 90% isn’t passive play at all, and helps address the problem with bunker eles over healing…

How many direct damage classes can 1v1 your bunker Ken? How much of a pain in the kitten is killing a good bunker guard with 2 direct damage classes?

Heaven forbid a bunker ele could do the same vs condi…

Phaatonn, London UK

in PvP

Posted by: cymerdown.4103

cymerdown.4103

Of the various power builds, virtues bunker guard (the kind I play) dies to bomb nade Engi, HGH Engi, and shatter Mesmer the quickest, Mesmer might take a long time if I play perfectly. But anyway, this Ele build won’t be a good mid bunker, so it’s not as if I’m worried about guardian viability here. I just don’t think these immunity traits are healthy for the game, which I explained in detail in the other thread. Why do people think there are always personal agendas, as if everyone else are evil sinister people with ulterior motives. I never assume that about others, so I really don’t get it.

Also, I shouldn’t even need to bring it up, but both Wakkey and Genyen on my team are both previously solid Ele players that could pick up a new viable Ele build if it should arise, so you could even say I have negative reason to want to “keep Eles down” if we’re talking about motives. I just dislike the trait design. That’s it. Bad trait, please redesign into something different but equally powerful and I’m happy.

Kensuda (Bunker Guardian)
Bunker Guardian Guide
Twitch Stream

in PvP

Posted by: Lachanche.6859

Lachanche.6859

Keeping an ele at over 90% isn’t passive play at all, and helps address the problem with bunker eles over healing…

It all boils down to what you play (duels ? team queue ? yolo queue ?). In a duel staying over 90% hp is almost granted against every condition build except spirits/nades. In solo it’s a matter of experience/luck, you have to be in the right place at the right time to really abuse the 90% hp treshold. In a team it is balanced by coordination and teamplay, at mid you are almost granted to be focused and as a roamer it is very likely that you will meet an high number of spirit builds.

How many direct damage classes can 1v1 your bunker Ken? How much of a pain in the kitten is killing a good bunker guard with 2 direct damage classes?
Heaven forbid a bunker ele could do the same vs condi…

Except a guardian can negate direct damage for a limited amount of time (each ability only lasts a fixed time), eles will be able to negate condition damage indefinitely as long as they can keep above their hp treshold.

in PvP

Posted by: redslion.9675

redslion.9675

Actually, that means as a warrior I have to wait before throwing bolas.

Moar difficult gameplay to make me improve and don’t feel like a faceroller! Yay!

I’m sorry dudes, but I loved warrior since april. And I still want to play it, not using FoTM. But sometimes it just seems like everyone melts so easily…

You will never be able to know what an engineer is going to do next…

because he doesn’t know it himself

in PvP

Posted by: Phaeton.9582

Phaeton.9582

Of the various power builds, virtues bunker guard (the kind I play) dies to bomb nade Engi, HGH Engi, and shatter Mesmer the quickest, Mesmer might take a long time if I play perfectly. But anyway, this Ele build won’t be a good mid bunker, so it’s not as if I’m worried about guardian viability here. I just don’t think these immunity traits are healthy for the game, which I explained in detail in the other thread. Why do people think there are always personal agendas, as if everyone else are evil sinister people with ulterior motives. I never assume that about others, so I really don’t get it.

Also, I shouldn’t even need to bring it up, but both Wakkey and Genyen on my team are both previously solid Ele players that could pick up a new viable Ele build if it should arise, so you could even say I have negative reason to want to “keep Eles down” if we’re talking about motives. I just dislike the trait design. That’s it. Bad trait, please redesign into something different but equally powerful and I’m happy.

Yeah wasn’t trying to imply bias, just suggesting that from a balance perspective it won’t break the game if a bunker is unkillable 1v1 to certain classes. Without the engi cc to full cap nodes too.

That said if bunker Ele proves to be an effective spec they can be built for amazing res abilities, so mid point bunker isn’t completely out of the question.

Phaatonn, London UK

in PvP

Wintel.4873

Are warriors FORCED to take 30 Discipline for every viable PvP build, or suffer huge consequences?
Because that’s the case with 30 Arcana for Ele’s.