Theifs in spvp

Theifs in spvp

in PvP

Posted by: Murtygale.2635

Murtygale.2635

So, I know we have all been down this road before, but theifs need some fixin. I went solo que the other day, and the other team was hardly a challenge, save for two glass theives that never seperated. About 30k burst, stealth and they are gone. After observing their behavior, it was obvious they knew eachother. So I’m not asking for a stealth nerf, I’m not asking for a damage nerf, but something needs to change. I asked a friend of mine to try this out with me the other day, and we found out that we could effectively 2v5 the other team, and let the other three do what they please. If the 5 opponents were smart they’d drop aoe everywhere, and sometimes just group up and stack tight, but that would never work. Whenever we spotted the weakling, we ganked him and ran/stealthed, grouped up in about 5 sec and dropped SR alternating in a safe place. At this point, its 2v4, with 3 of our guys capping/running orb/trebbing, and one of theirs spawning; in other words, its gg.
I suggest, that a threshold of damage intake reveal stealth, perhaps 20%. Or even, amplify the effects on stealthed enemies, not damaging typed, I mean triggered effects, being cc removes stealth, or make all triggerable aoes actually hit stealthed enemies, like necro marks. In the end, we will still be able to stealth, and still be able to deal 30k damage, but the dual theif pairing is far beyond rediculous when done correctly.
Shouldnt every class have a chance to 2v1? Even for 5 seconds? Shouldn’t your teammates have a chance to damage the theifs before they stealth after their kill?
The mechanic needs to change, an alternate suggestion is that a new status is applied upon being attacked out of stealth that lasts 1s, that eliminates incoming stealthed damage, so that multiple sources can be predicted or at least mitigated. Normally if you see two enemies you prepare for a 2v1, roaming in spvp you are prepared to support a larger battle or 1v1 another, but an unpredictable 2v1 is more than just a technicality. Or, a 5 second status that makes the next stealthed attack a glancing blow.

Theifs in spvp

in PvP

Posted by: vincecontix.1264

vincecontix.1264

Op I didn’t read your whole post but I will say that thiefs are the number one class I want the opposing team to have the more the better.

Shikamaru X Thief, Warrior, Mesmer, Engi(FT leader)
Highest ranked reached 28 soloq
Isle of Janthir

Theifs in spvp

in PvP

Posted by: Shockwave.1230

Shockwave.1230

So, I know we have all been down this road before, but theifs need some fixin. I went solo que the other day, and the other team was hardly a challenge, save for two glass theives that never seperated. About 30k burst, stealth and they are gone. After observing their behavior, it was obvious they knew eachother. So I’m not asking for a stealth nerf, I’m not asking for a damage nerf, but something needs to change. I asked a friend of mine to try this out with me the other day, and we found out that we could effectively 2v5 the other team, and let the other three do what they please. If the 5 opponents were smart they’d drop aoe everywhere, and sometimes just group up and stack tight, but that would never work. Whenever we spotted the weakling, we ganked him and ran/stealthed, grouped up in about 5 sec and dropped SR alternating in a safe place. At this point, its 2v4, with 3 of our guys capping/running orb/trebbing, and one of theirs spawning; in other words, its gg.
I suggest, that a threshold of damage intake reveal stealth, perhaps 20%. Or even, amplify the effects on stealthed enemies, not damaging typed, I mean triggered effects, being cc removes stealth, or make all triggerable aoes actually hit stealthed enemies, like necro marks. In the end, we will still be able to stealth, and still be able to deal 30k damage, but the dual theif pairing is far beyond rediculous when done correctly.
Shouldnt every class have a chance to 2v1? Even for 5 seconds? Shouldn’t your teammates have a chance to damage the theifs before they stealth after their kill?
The mechanic needs to change, an alternate suggestion is that a new status is applied upon being attacked out of stealth that lasts 1s, that eliminates incoming stealthed damage, so that multiple sources can be predicted or at least mitigated. Normally if you see two enemies you prepare for a 2v1, roaming in spvp you are prepared to support a larger battle or 1v1 another, but an unpredictable 2v1 is more than just a technicality. Or, a 5 second status that makes the next stealthed attack a glancing blow.

Just a quick question, have you ever seen a lonely portal at a point, then suddenly it glows. You’re expecting a mesmer to port throught right?

Ever had 3 enemies port through and gank you? Sounds pretty similar to a surprise 2v1.

Sylvari Elementalist – Mystree Duskbloom (Lv 80)
Norn Guardian – Aurora Lustyr (Lv 80)
Mia A Shadows Glow – Human Thief (Lv 80)

Theifs in spvp

in PvP

Posted by: Zepidel.5349

Zepidel.5349

Games should not be balanced from experiences in low level play. Competitive games are balanced at the highest level of play, in GW2’s case look at ToL. How many duo zerker thieves are running around, how many thieves are 1 shotting people?

How many noobs are getting picked off, off point?

There could be a endless river of noob blood spilt in -9001 MRR STPvP, with 1000 QQ threads made, and nothing will change.

Theifs in spvp

in PvP

Posted by: style.6173

style.6173

Yeah, thieves are not good right now. Condi spam them. That kills everything other than a S/D.

Theifs in spvp

in PvP

Posted by: SpellOfIniquity.1780

SpellOfIniquity.1780

Line of sight abuse, like with the Mesmer, is what makes them a problem. Not high damage or stealthing. They’re constantly porting all over the place and it’s next to impossible to hit them or see what you need to dodge because they’re constantly coming at you from blind spots.

Necromancer, Ranger, Warrior, Engineer
Champion: Phantom, Hunter, Legionnaire, Genius
WvW rank: Diamond Colonel | Maguuma

Theifs in spvp

in PvP

Posted by: Geiir.7603

Geiir.7603

Wait, people are actually complaining about thief in PvP? I agree with vincecontix, thief is the one profession I really want the enemy team to have, this coming from a thief.

The fact that two thieves could effectively hold five people is more of a l2p issue for those five players. They could just move the fight to a node and cap it since the thieves were stealthing all the time. Stealth isn’t a problem in PvP really.

Melder – Thief

Theifs in spvp

in PvP

Posted by: Shiren.9532

Shiren.9532

Games should not be balanced from experiences in low level play. Competitive games are balanced at the highest level of play, in GW2’s case look at ToL. How many duo zerker thieves are running around, how many thieves are 1 shotting people?

How many noobs are getting picked off, off point?

There could be a endless river of noob blood spilt in -9001 MRR STPvP, with 1000 QQ threads made, and nothing will change.

Low level play is very important for the health of the sPvP population and the format in general. You can’t neglect issues in low level play because if those players aren’t enjoying sPvP they aren’t going to make it to high level play. If low level play is problematic, players won’t be around long enough to learn to play. What’s worse, the more foreign the low level play meta looks to high level meta, the harder it’s going to be to transition and the more bad habits people will have to unlearn to move up. It’s one of the big reasons why 8v8 hot joins is a terrible idea – they don’t in any way reflect how sPvP is designed and learning builds or general team work in an 8v8 is a joke because you are constantly zerged by numbers either for or against you.

Theifs in spvp

in PvP

Posted by: Tom Gore.4035

Tom Gore.4035

I love the thieves for letting me cap points without opposition while they’re stealthed. Then when (if) they eventually kill me for that 5 points I’ve made 20+ points for my team by holding the point.

Stealth thieves particulary in sPvP are close to worthless if they go solo (which they do, consistently).

One – Piken Square

Theifs in spvp

in PvP

Posted by: vincecontix.1264

vincecontix.1264

Line of sight abuse, like with the Mesmer, is what makes them a problem. Not high damage or stealthing. They’re constantly porting all over the place and it’s next to impossible to hit them or see what you need to dodge because they’re constantly coming at you from blind spots.

yes they are basically like a bee buzzing around you while you hold the point and they accomplish nothing.

Shikamaru X Thief, Warrior, Mesmer, Engi(FT leader)
Highest ranked reached 28 soloq
Isle of Janthir