Theoretical vs Factual

Theoretical vs Factual

in PvP

Posted by: Aza.2105

Aza.2105

I personally feel that Anet doesn’t play their own game. Instead, I believe they only design stuff on paper but do not actually see how it plays out in game. I’m sure there are mathematical spread sheets that theoretically explain the way things are. And that their are general ideas that justify decisions being made.

Take conquest for example. When you hear the developers reasoning on why they choose conquest. It makes sense to a degree. But then when you put into practice the reasoning, it doesn’t work out well. The purpose of the conquest style arena was to make sure thakittens easy for viewers to follow. But realistically in game or even when you watch, it doesn’t make it easy to follow.

In fact, it only makes things more difficult. With the current design, gw2 is very difficult to follow. You can’t really tell what is going on besides someone is dead and they are getting rezzed. Why? Because of, shared animations, very short animations, asuras, particle effects and the ungodly amount of aoe spam in the game.

What the conquest mode does is intensify this. How? It puts everyone in a small circle (the capture point), were they just spam skills. Some where within all of that, someone dies but the viewer doesn’t know how. And usually neither does the player. This is just a example.

My perspective is, anet needs to open up test servers so the pvp community can test out changes. There has to be more open communication from dev to the player. There are a lot of complaints on the forum yes, many get erased, some people even get banned. But they share one thing in common, the people making those posts actually care about pvp improving. Anet should be happy, that players come here to voice their opinion about the game. Whether its negative or positive, though the negative would be more beneficial.

Amd Ryzen 1800x – Amd Fury X -64GB of ram
Windows 10

Theoretical vs Factual

in PvP

Posted by: Mammoth.1975

Mammoth.1975

Conquest doesn’t work because players are stupid. End of story.

If you’re not playing to win, don’t complain when you lose.

Theoretical vs Factual

in PvP

Posted by: Volrath.1473

Volrath.1473

ofc, the problem is players!!! how didn’t i thought of this before?! Mammoth you are a genius!
the game is just fine, its pure perfection the only problem with it is that there are still a few ppl left playing it. after they are gone every thing will be just fine.

Theoretical vs Factual

in PvP

Mammoth.1975

Shrug, that’s the way it is. Especially NA, people treat nodes like lanes and pretend they’re playing LoL. No one comprehends that it forces the same kind of play as GW1 GvG with splits and collapses because they don’t play it like that. They’d prefer to split 3 ways, get collapsed on, and lose.

Here are the key differences:
No NPCs.
Different secondary mechanic to flagrunning every map.
Faster pace of play/no backline means no 28 minute stand fights. Except on foefire.

The last one is another kitten check. Do you give up 10 points by waiting 20 seconds to regroup if mid is capped or do you stream in? Guess which option 99% of people choose?

I mean look at the OP. “The mode forces everyone onto a tiny point”. Sure, if you think you need to have 5 people capping. Tell me again how it’s not players failing at conquest. Please.

(edited by Mammoth.1975)

Theoretical vs Factual

in PvP

Posted by: Derps.7421

Derps.7421

Mammoth has anets kitten in his kitten

Dr. Professor Evil – Engi
Stunned Girls Can’t Say No <Hawt>

Theoretical vs Factual

in PvP

Posted by: fugazi.5139

fugazi.5139

It is just this simple. PvP in Gw2 makes them no money. So they just don’t care about it. Or our opinions.

Theoretical vs Factual

in PvP

Mammoth.1975

Or he likes logical arguments. If the hivemind on this forum knows what those are, I have yet to see any evidence of it.

Another example of the playerbase being bad:

2 months of spamwhining about the condi meta before people figured out how to counter it and a double melee team won the invitational. Did warriors get new toys in those 2 months? Nope. The tools were always there to countercomp the OP CONDI TEAMZ but the playerbase was too stupid to figure it out. Despite being told how repeatedly.

(edited by Mammoth.1975)

Theoretical vs Factual

in PvP

Derps.7421

Or he likes logical arguments. If the hivemind on this forum knows what those are, I have yet to see any evidence of it.

Logical, you use that word but i don’t think you know what it means

Theoretical vs Factual

in PvP

Mammoth.1975

I can tell you what it doesn’t mean. Using ‘EVERYONE HAS TO STAND ON POINT AND GET AOED’ as an argument against conquest.

Theoretical vs Factual

in PvP

Derps.7421

I can tell you what it doesn’t mean. Using ‘EVERYONE HAS TO STAND ON POINT AND GET AOED’ as an argument against conquest.

I do agree to some extent. But if you are constantly running off of a point while the enemy is standing on the point capturing it. You arn’t playing conquest right.
(this is a 1v1 situation) But if two people are their i agree with you on not standing on the point

Theoretical vs Factual

in PvP

Posted by: Lady Sara Goldheart.2764

Lady Sara Goldheart.2764

That argument about “Don’t stand on point!” is invalid as the enemy can position him- or herself in a way that when being targeted, AoE can be be utilized by the team or him/her.
Besides, AoE is spammed on maps like Forest and Kyhlo where all points are small. Spamming AoEs is no skillful play.

(edited by Lady Sara Goldheart.2764)

Theoretical vs Factual

in PvP

Derps.7421

But yah in the long run people don’t like conquest because they are to kittening stupid and it does get boring after awhile. New game modes are always great in mmos

Theoretical vs Factual

in PvP

Mammoth.1975

That’s another player skill that has been lost somewhere in the last 9 months. I remember when if your bunker was going down and you had no revives, he would call on comms that he had to get off point and someone else would move on and burn defensive cooldowns till the bunker got some cooldowns back.

Sometimes you don’t even need a player on the point. If you can push or avoid a kill by leaving the point, it’s often worth it, because that kill can snowball into a teamwipe/retreat, so you get the point back anyway while they respawn. It really depends on how much pressure the bunkers are under. It’s a judgement call that most people aren’t even capable of making because they’re too busy putting 5 people on point.

Likewise if you’re running back bunker and losing a 1v1 on your point (awkward already but whatever), it’s better to get off point if it means you have a solid chance of getting back into the fight. You’re losing the point either way. If no one from your team is coming (awkward again), take advantage of the fact that you’re probably built for sustain and retreat, regen, and gank them while they’re low/out of cooldowns. Even if you just have to go elsewhere and concede the point, it’s better than giving them a bonus 5 points and earning yourself a 20s timer. You shouldn’t get off the point if you’re going to die anyway of course.

(edited by Mammoth.1975)

Theoretical vs Factual

in PvP

Posted by: Arganthium.5638

Arganthium.5638

I don’t think they have those spreadsheets.

Why? Because I’ve developed those same spreadsheets that you’re talking about and, even if they have developed them, I also know the limitations of those spreadsheets, and just how far their usefulness extends. I also know from experience that it takes quite the bit of creativity to even come up with the base idea for the spreadsheets. Either way, I (attempted) to send Allie my spreadsheets the a few days. I still have yet to get a response.

Thief|Mesmer|
Theorycrafter

Theoretical vs Factual

in PvP

Aza.2105

Why? Because I’ve developed those same spreadsheets that you’re talking about and, even if they have developed them, I also know the limitations of those spreadsheets, and just how far their usefulness extends. I also know from experience that it takes quite the bit of creativity to even come up with the base idea for the spreadsheets. Either way, I (attempted) to send Allie my spreadsheets the a few days. I still have yet to get a response.

Yeah I’m sure it does take creativity.

Curious to know about the spreadsheets you made btw.

Windows 10

Theoretical vs Factual

in PvP

Posted by: Arganthium.5638

Arganthium.5638

Well, what do you want to know?

Thief|Mesmer|
Theorycrafter

Theoretical vs Factual

in PvP

Aza.2105

Just a summary.

Windows 10

Theoretical vs Factual

in PvP

Posted by: Akkuma.2501

Akkuma.2501

Another example of the playerbase being bad:

2 months of spamwhining about the condi meta before people figured out how to counter it and a double melee team won the invitational. Did warriors get new toys in those 2 months? Nope. The tools were always there to countercomp the OP CONDI TEAMZ but the playerbase was too stupid to figure it out. Despite being told how repeatedly.

Warriors did get “new toys”. They improved Berserker’s Stance to 8s after the initial 4s introduction and they improved all the heals. However, I’ll agree for the most part they could have been seen way earlier in the meta.

Theoretical vs Factual

in PvP

Posted by: felivear.1536

felivear.1536

I’d like to see them.

feLIVEar: Your resident forum king.

Theoretical vs Factual

in PvP

Posted by: Lopez.7369

Lopez.7369

Shrug, that’s the way it is. Especially NA, people treat nodes like lanes and pretend they’re playing LoL. No one comprehends that it forces the same kind of play as GW1 GvG with splits and collapses because they don’t play it like that. They’d prefer to split 3 ways, get collapsed on, and lose.

Here are the key differences:
No NPCs.
Different secondary mechanic to flagrunning every map.
Faster pace of play/no backline means no 28 minute stand fights. Except on foefire.

The last one is another kitten check. Do you give up 10 points by waiting 20 seconds to regroup if mid is capped or do you stream in? Guess which option 99% of people choose?

I mean look at the OP. “The mode forces everyone onto a tiny point”. Sure, if you think you need to have 5 people capping. Tell me again how it’s not players failing at conquest. Please.

This is actually accurate. I don’t know how any high-level player could disagree.

Theoretical vs Factual

in PvP

Mammoth.1975

Warriors did get “new toys”. They improved Berserker’s Stance to 8s after the initial 4s introduction and they improved all the heals. However, I’ll agree for the most part they could have been seen way earlier in the meta.

Berserker stance change was in the same patch as the necro buffs. The counter has been right there all along. I think you’re right about healsig though, good point.

Theoretical vs Factual

in PvP

Posted by: Lopez.7369

Lopez.7369

Berserker Stance was buffed from four-second duration to eight-second duration after the necromancer patch.

Theoretical vs Factual

in PvP

Posted by: Lighter.5631

Lighter.5631

Berserker stance change was in the same patch as the necro buffs. The counter has been right there all along. I think you’re right about healsig though, good point.

berserker stance was 4 sec in the necro buff patch and no one used it, get your fact right

“i think it’s an underserved nerf. now we have to slot a stun breaker??”
“berserker stance clears all CC on you and you’re still immune to CC for 8 seconds”
-Excalibur.9748

Theoretical vs Factual

in PvP

Posted by: ensoriki.5789

ensoriki.5789

What good are test servers for 80% of the hive-mind.
Lettuce be real tea.

The great forum duppy.

(edited by ensoriki.5789)

Theoretical vs Factual

in PvP

Mammoth.1975

Berserker Stance was buffed from four-second duration to eight-second duration after the necromancer patch.

Yah sorry you’re correct, it was increased 2 weeks later in the next patch.

Theoretical vs Factual

in PvP

Lighter.5631

Which means they did get “new toys” + healing buff. there i said it, if you still didn’t realize it.

“berserker stance clears all CC on you and you’re still immune to CC for 8 seconds”
-Excalibur.9748

Theoretical vs Factual

in PvP

Derps.7421

People really dont experiment huh? Any new builds or ideas are just considered to be bad

Theoretical vs Factual

in PvP

Mammoth.1975

Which means they did get “new toys” + healing buff. there i said it, if you still didn’t realize it.

If you really want to get particular about the details, no one was running necros for those 2 weeks anyway, because once again, the playerbase was way behind.

Either way you want to look at it, the counter has been in play for 7 weeks tomorrow, but no one caught on till yesterday, and some of the posters on this forum are still whining about condi meta even after watching double melee destroy it yesterday. I mean these guys actually saw the countercomp sweep 3-0 and still don’t think it exists.

(edited by Mammoth.1975)

Theoretical vs Factual

in PvP

Posted by: Diage.6451

Diage.6451

Would you prefer a logical argument as to why conquest is a bad game mode?

Keep in mind, my logical argument won’t involve caps unless I happen to be quoting you.

I suppose I should point out, this argument is only valid if you accept the same definition of what one would expect from a competitive game.

We can start by looking at the facts, GW2 was given the greatest opportunity of any game I have seen in a long time. The hype they generated was insane. How is it, that a game which held a $100,000 tournament nine months after they went live and wasn’t interested in e-sports has resulted to a $10,000 game almost a year after it went live while advertising e-sports?

Certainly, GW1 was never truly balanced.. It couldn’t have just been an aweful balance. GW1 did not have a pvp split, observer mode, pvp only characters or anything like that at release. It was more in alpha that GW2 could ever dream to have been. I would easily argue that -most- the mechanics from GW2 far surpass that from GW1.

So then why is it that this “competitive” gamemode has fallen short?

Could it be perhaps that Anet chose the game mode that has systematically failed in nearly every venue it has been attempted? That a gamemode that forces people to spread out and only rarely team fight was the one of choice? A gamemode where a truly team oriented combat was put on the backburner and only exists at the rare moment when you, for what ever strange reason, have a 5v5 at a single point?

Nope.. It can’t be any of that.. The millions of players who made GW1 what it was, millions of others who backed other competitive genres, the casual buyers.. it’s their fault. It’s the fault of the very people to whom they are appealing.

Let me run this scenerio by you. I worked Customer Service for 8 years. If everytime a stupid customer came in wanting me to fix something they did wrong, I told them you’re stupid, it’s your fault, my store would never have existed. When you are a company attempting to appeal your consumers, you should start by appealing to them.

Iono, I think that sounds pretty logical to me.

Theoretical vs Factual

in PvP

Lighter.5631

If you wanna get really particular about it, no one was running necros for those 2 weeks anyway, because once again, the playerbase was way behind.

Either way you want to look at it, the counter has been in play for 7 weeks tomorrow, but no one caught on till yesterday, and half the posters on this forum still haven’t.

Get your facts right, People were running necro dhumfire and chain fear since day 2.
ok, berserker stance is the counter, so what, you mean everyone have to play a warrior and spec for zerker stance, sure everyone let’s do it . btw if you didn’t know that, by AoE spamming, we don’t mean just necro, the aoe condi spamming is just in a really bad stat right now for all aoe condi spammable class, necro is just by chance on top of the list.

-Excalibur.9748

(edited by Lighter.5631)

Theoretical vs Factual

in PvP

Posted by: joni.7619

joni.7619

“I personally feel that Anet doesn’t play their own game.”

do u feel??

LOOOL

im sure……ARENA.NET DON’T PLAY HIS OWN GAME, be sure of this

they don’t create the meta, the don’t create the builds, they just see the forums, nerf or buff classes with patches and wait while the players look for new op builds, and again , again , again,…

Theoretical vs Factual

in PvP

Aza.2105

If you wanna get really particular about it, no one was running necros for those 2 weeks anyway, because once again, the playerbase was way behind.

Either way you want to look at it, the counter has been in play for 7 weeks tomorrow, but no one caught on till yesterday, and half the posters on this forum still haven’t.

Get your facts right, People were running necro dhumfire and chain fear since day 2.
ok, berserker stance is the counter, so what, you mean everyone have to play a warrior and spec for zerker stance, sure everyone let’s do it . btw if you didn’t know that, by AoE spamming, we don’t mean just necro, the aoe condi spamming is just in a really bad stat right now for all aoe condi spammable class, necro is just by chance on top of the list.

It would be great if they allowed us to use other classes skills again.

Windows 10

Theoretical vs Factual

in PvP

Mammoth.1975

You’re still using the same argument I’ve already addressed. Conquest doesn’t force you to spread out, it forces you to split one guy and coordinate with him. This is not much different to the split teams that ruled the meta for about the last 5 years of GW1.

You want to split 3 ways, a team that knows what they’re doing will destroy you. If you go 1-3-1, they beat you 4v3 at mid while you’re 1v1ing a semi bunker at far, then collapse one guy on you and 2v1 you there. Or they can just collapse a guy on you right away if you can’t spam stealth, hold the 3v3 at mid until they finish you off then 5v3/4 you at mid while your ‘offensive roamer’ is watching his spawn timer. GJ slowing down the cap, shame about the teamwipe and giving up control of 2 points. Oh, and it might seem too obvious to say, but just in case, if you let them control 2 points all game, you lose. Strategies that are ultimately going to result in giving up control of 2 points are… not good. That’s why your argument is illogical. You’re playing to lose if you spread out all over the map.

Your home bunker is going to be too slow to save you in the 4v3 if he wants to finish capping because they’ll just ride the initial advantage. If the fight does last long enough for your home bunker to have any impact, they can threaten a decap at far, leaving a 3v3 at mid, but one that still favours them because of that initial 4v3. If they have someone who is more mobile than your back bunker do it, they can also continue to provide support at mid. By the way, you can end a 4v3 much faster than a 1v1, because the team with more numbers doesn’t have to worry about positioning, they can just focus fire whoever they want and reliably get peels if anyone is in trouble, which is unlikely anyway due to the amount of pressure the other team is under. Plus you only need one kill before you can send someone home to 2v1. Two kills if you think their back bunker might be able to turn the fight after the other 2 guys they have there have burned all their cooldowns.

No matter which way you look at it, sending less than 4 to mid is fail. Assuming competent opponents. You’re simply involving one more of their team in the initial action than you need to. You can and probably should have someone swing by home with your backbunker to stave off some kind of early rush or if you intend to 2v1+3v3 if they do try to harass, but generally they’ll move straight to mid from there while the backbunker finishes capping.

And that’s why NA actually lost the invitational. Poor understanding of conquest. It’s closer to GvG than it is to LoL. Not that I should have to point it out but since a lot of people seem to have trouble with 2+2, the only really close game was the one where SYNC sent 4 mid initially, and the main reason they lost it was being too slow to collapse on their home point, often because they had a player or two on the other end of the map for no real reason. In fact the main objective there seemed to be to advertise that home was open because they were trying to split 4 ways: home/mid/far/enemytreb. Watch EU teams on forest for a good how to basics GW2 tbh. The CC/TP finals for preference. Forget the action, just watch the minimap.

(edited by Mammoth.1975)

Theoretical vs Factual

in PvP

Posted by: Diage.6451

Diage.6451

O man, you completely disproved me with a single strategy. If only the game were so fun as to have just one strategy.

You’re right man, that sounds like the greatest game created.. With a model like that they must have millions of… hundreds of thousands of.. well.. a good number of dedicated players!

Theoretical vs Factual

in PvP

Mammoth.1975

I’m just telling you that conquest fails because players are morons. Lost count of the number of times I see some genius post ‘conquest sucks bring back teh gvgzzzzz’. Which either means ‘slow the game down’ or ‘i need more npcs in my pvp’, because those are the main differences. If they have any understanding of how to win at conquest that is.

TBH I agree with you that some modifications to the maps would be a good idea so that we could see some different strategies be successful. I mean, not that it’s really needed US side, since you can beat bad strats with bad strats.

(edited by Mammoth.1975)

Theoretical vs Factual

in PvP

Posted by: GankSinatra.2653

GankSinatra.2653

If conquest fails because players are morons, then conquest still fails. If you aim to provide entertainment then you give the people what they want. Clearly this path has been golden all the way. But hey lets ignore everything and just think that anyone with a differing opinion is just a noob @ conquest. I are master discussionist.

Its ok that you like conquest dude, dont be mad. You will always have the chance to fight pretend players with your 4 friends while we are in deathmatches.

Theoretical vs Factual

in PvP

Mammoth.1975

If conquest fails because players are morons, then conquest still fails. If you aim to provide entertainment then you give the people what they want. Clearly this path has been golden all the way. But hey lets ignore everything and just think that anyone with a differing opinion is just a noob @ conquest. I are master discussionist.

Its ok that you like conquest dude, dont be mad. You will always have the chance to fight pretend players with your 4 friends while we are in deathmatches.

I haven’t said whether I like it or not, I just said why it fails. Don’t get so defensive. It would be great if someone would prove me wrong instead of continuing to prove me right btw.

“Conquest fails because it forces everyone to stand on point”
“Conquest fails because it forces you to spread out all over the map”

These aren’t ‘differing opinions’, they’re stupid plays. Let me say it again, conquest fails because players are morons.

Oh, and btw, another thing that came up in the OP:

I’m pretty sure Anet plays their own game, since there were two Anet players in the top100 NA soloboards for a while. They’re just playing it better than you, and that’s where the disconnect between devs and players actually is. They don’t see the same problems as you because they don’t have the same problems as you. The problem you’re having is self inflicted. Use your head, stop bunching up on point, problem disappears.

(edited by Mammoth.1975)

Theoretical vs Factual

in PvP

Aza.2105

I haven’t said whether I like it or not, I just said why it fails. Don’t get so defensive. It would be great if someone would prove me wrong instead of continuing to prove me right btw.

“Conquest fails because it forces everyone to stand on point”
“Conquest fails because it forces you to spread out all over the map”

Oh, and btw, another thing that came up in the OP:

I’m pretty sure Anet plays their own game, since there were two Anet players in the top100 NA soloboards for a while. They’re just playing it better than you, and that’s where the disconnect between devs and players actually is. They don’t see the same problems as you because they don’t have the same problems as you. The problem you’re having is self inflicted. Use your head, stop bunching up on point, problem disappears.

Your ignorance is necessary for this thread, continue.

Windows 10

Theoretical vs Factual

in PvP

Mammoth.1975

Strong counterargument. Get aoed moar?

Theoretical vs Factual

in PvP

Aza.2105

Strong counterargument. Get aoed moar?

Were you expecting me to make a long, dignified reply to refute what you said? Its really not needed, there are plenty of people who are already doing that. But like I’ve said to you, that you are a necessity to this thread. So I don’t find it problem that you deny everything.

Windows 10

Theoretical vs Factual

in PvP

Mammoth.1975

You shared your opinion on a gametype you fundamentally fail at, I wouldn’t even be posting if I were you right now.

I made a good case for team death match over here, check it out:
https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/pvp/pvp/This-game-is-too-hard/first

(edited by Mammoth.1975)

Theoretical vs Factual

in PvP

Aza.2105

I shared my opinion on a gametype I fundamentally fail at, I shouldn’t even be posting if I were me right now.

Yes, this sounds about right. The picture is very different when you apply what you are saying to yourself, instead of others. Very little of what you are saying has to do with others in this thread.

Windows 10

Theoretical vs Factual

in PvP

Mammoth.1975

I shared my opinion on a gametype I fundamentally fail at, I shouldn’t even be posting if I were me right now.

Yes, this sounds about right. The picture is very different when you apply what you are saying to yourself, instead of others. Very little of what you are saying has to do with others in this thread.

Actually, what I’m saying has a lot to do with you in particular, since you’re the clearest example of the playerbase being bad in this thread. I can kind of understand that not spreading out all over the map is a difficult concept (ok not really but it seems like most players have trouble with it so I guess it is), but not bunching up on point is GW2 101.

Theoretical vs Factual

in PvP

Aza.2105

They had conquest mode in gw1’s alliance battles. But it was much easier to follow due to the nature of the game itself.

Windows 10

Theoretical vs Factual

in PvP

Aza.2105

Actually, what I’m saying has a lot to do with you in particular, since you’re the clearest example of the playerbase being bad in this thread. I can kind of understand that not spreading out all over the map is a difficult concept (ok not really but it seems like most players have trouble with it so I guess it is), but not bunching up on point is GW2 101.

You responding the way you do has nothing to do with me, the only thing my post has done is cause you to see yourself. Its not my fault or anyone elses here that you can’t come to terms with your inadequacies. Hence your need to assign people the role of “bad”. Which makes you by proxy “good”. If doing this continues to make you feel good about yourself, then feel free to continue. But please refrain from including me in your personal problems.

Its completely irrelevant to the game and this thread.

Windows 10

Theoretical vs Factual

in PvP

Mammoth.1975

You responding the way you do has nothing to do with me, the only thing I do is cause you to see yourself. Its not my fault or anyone elses here that you can’t come to terms with your inadequacies. Hence your need to assign people the role of “bad”. Which makes you by proxy “good”. If doing this continues to make you feel good about yourself. But please refrain from including me in your personal problems.

I didn’t assign you that role, you did. In your opening post. You don’t understand the gametype, and so you complain about it. Recurring theme on this forum.

BTW, anyone who knows me in game or my post history on the forums knows that I’m the first to admit I’m bad at this game. You should have followed that link. Let me quote myself from it: “I’m really bad”. I know the basics, that’s all. That seems to be all it takes to differentiate between the two of us however.

(edited by Mammoth.1975)

Theoretical vs Factual

in PvP

Aza.2105

You responding the way you do has nothing to do with me, the only thing I do is cause you to see yourself. Its not my fault or anyone elses here that you can’t come to terms with your inadequacies. Hence your need to assign people the role of “bad”. Which makes you by proxy “good”. If doing this continues to make you feel good about yourself. But please refrain from including me in your personal problems.

I didn’t assign you that role, you did. In your opening post. You don’t understand the gametype, and so you complain about it. Recurring theme on this forum.

BTW, anyone who knows me in game or my post history on the forums knows that I’m the first to admit I’m bad at this game. I know the basics, that’s all.

Are you certain you believe you understood my initial post?

Windows 10

Theoretical vs Factual

in PvP

Mammoth.1975

Go ahead, backtrack on it. Be my guest.

While you’re at it, you should backtrack on the ignorance you displayed with the ‘anet doesn’t play gw2’ thing too, since as I said, they play it better than you.

(edited by Mammoth.1975)

Theoretical vs Factual

in PvP

Aza.2105

Go ahead, backtrack on it. Be my guest.

While you’re at it, you should backtrack on the ignorance you displayed with the ‘anet doesn’t play gw2’ thing too, since, as I said, they play it better than you.

You are the one who has turned the thread into conquest isn’t bad, learn to play. Not me. Whether conquest is a adequate game mode has nothing to do with my post.

Windows 10

Theoretical vs Factual

in PvP

Mammoth.1975

I told you why conquest fails. I used your post and Diages post as examples. You’re the one translating that into ‘conquest isn’t bad’ I’m afraid.

Once again, you should have followed that link. It’s pretty tongue in cheek but I genuinely believe they need to dumb this game down a lot to help certain players. Team death match is the most casual friendly format there is, I fully support it.

(edited by Mammoth.1975)