These top PVP teams

These top PVP teams

in PvP

Posted by: Dj Chrisforever.9813

Dj Chrisforever.9813

Do the so called top pvpers on these teams ever comment on the forums anywhere?

I never see any posts from any of them.Are twitch streamers like celebs now?They get their publicist to post for them?

Just curious as I don’t see them post anywhere, even when they or their team is brought up or the topic of the thread.

These top PVP teams

in PvP

Posted by: alemfi.5107

alemfi.5107

Every so often you’ll see a post from someone on a competitive team. The thing is, most of the people who post are actually forum warriors, rather than people who actually play the game (well), so it can be a bit difficult to find. I don’t think this is particular to Guildwars 2 either, I rarely see streamers post to Hearthstone, another casually competitive game I follow/play.

When ground-targetted bone minion explosions become a thing, I will change this signature.- 2013
http://twitch.tv/alemfi/

These top PVP teams

in PvP

Posted by: Random Weird Guy.3528

Random Weird Guy.3528

They do post sometimes and no they don’t get people to post for them (as far as I’m aware). The thing is that the vast majority of people who moan on the forums aren’t actually that good at the game and would rather moan about things than figure out how to deal with them properly.

Random Engineering // Trixxti // Random Noises (worst thief eu)
Svanir Appreciation Society [SAS]

These top PVP teams

in PvP

Posted by: alemfi.5107

alemfi.5107

They do post sometimes and no they don’t get people to post for them (as far as I’m aware). The thing is that the vast majority of people who moan on the forums aren’t actually that good at the game and would rather moan about things than figure out how to deal with them properly.

Couldn’t have said it better myself!

When ground-targetted bone minion explosions become a thing, I will change this signature.- 2013
http://twitch.tv/alemfi/

These top PVP teams

in PvP

Posted by: Archaon.9524

Archaon.9524

I never see any posts from any of them.Are twitch streamers like celebs now?They get their publicist to post for them?

Just curious as I don’t see them post anywhere, even when they or their team is brought up or the topic of the thread.

most high level players already gave up on forums long time ago cause avg discussion level is usually so low is not even worth trying to explain stuff.

I mean…just look at the standard level of ppl posting here, most of them talk about achievements, chest drops, unranked and 1v1s, everyone, no matter how bad he is, just feels free to pontificate random bs all over the place (Talkin’ about balance not even able to dodge mirror blade for example)…and when you point out they’re just talkin nonsense you’re an “elitist” (lol)

Conclusion is quite obvious….kitten them

Attachments:

Ark 2nd Account

(edited by Archaon.9524)

These top PVP teams

in PvP

Posted by: Dj Chrisforever.9813

Dj Chrisforever.9813

most high level players already gave up on forums long time ago cause avg discussion level is usually so low is not even worth trying to explain stuff.

I mean…just look at the standard level of ppl posting here, most of them talk about achievements, chest drops, unranked and 1v1s, everyone, no matter how bad he is, just feels free to pontificate random bs all over the place (Talkin’ about balance not even able to dodge mirror blade for example)…and when you point out they’re just talkin nonsense you’re an “elitist” (lol)

Conclusion is quite obvious….kitten them

my favorite response:)

These top PVP teams

in PvP

Posted by: nearlight.3064

nearlight.3064

Chaith and Phantaram sometimes post here to talk about various things about builds/classes/etc. Most other top players only do so if theres some sort of stupid e-sports drama post or something.

Necromancer Main
Taking a break from GW2 to play various
Nintendo games..

These top PVP teams

in PvP

Posted by: kdaddy.5431

kdaddy.5431

This was real talk on the forum, im actually confused by it

These top PVP teams

in PvP

Posted by: MrKrataus.6420

MrKrataus.6420

Hi

/15 characters

[vM] Alkore

These top PVP teams

in PvP

Posted by: Aereniel.7356

Aereniel.7356

Many top-tier players have played since launch and have seen the same cycle of discussion repeat on the forums over and over again. You can only comment on eerily similar topics a finite number of times before you opt to stick your head in a gas oven. A lot of the apathy also stems from the fact that the effort to post anything constructive on the forums is not really worth it, since being a forum warrior has very little impact on game development. Most top-tier players seem to prefer building a community on Twitch and interacting via their stream, as opposed to on the official forum. Many of them lurk though, since the forums are occasionally good for a laugh or two. Especially the class forums are hilarious.

Been here since launch
Legend S1-S3 with 100% solo queue 100% conquest
Filthy casual, 6k sPvP games

These top PVP teams

in PvP

Posted by: FrownyClown.8402

FrownyClown.8402

Top players are too good to talk to you lesser players. Be happy that when you do see them post you can bask in the light of their glory.

Bad Elementalist

These top PVP teams

in PvP

Posted by: Vieteriukko.6075

Vieteriukko.6075

Competitive players communicate to peasants via so called “victory stream”

These top PVP teams

in PvP

Posted by: Michaeas Magister.1589

Michaeas Magister.1589

The real problem is that in order to deal with them properly, I would have to re-code the game.

Pretty sure that is against the Terms of Service.

Thanks.

It’s as I have always said,
“You can get more results with a kind word and a big stick,
than you can with merely a kind word.”

These top PVP teams

in PvP

Posted by: RevanCorana.8942

RevanCorana.8942

Wow so much scorn for forum people actually coming from forum people themselves isn’t that funny.

These top PVP teams

in PvP

Posted by: Exedore.6320

Exedore.6320

Quite a few of them play with ANet employees. I’m sure they can provide feedback directly. That being the case, why post on the public forums?

Kirrena Rosenkreutz

These top PVP teams

in PvP

Posted by: Jelzouki.4128

Jelzouki.4128

Why is this even a thread?

http://strawpoll.me/3648686/r Queue for PvP from any map. Vote Here. Zojoel [ASAP Zerg]

These top PVP teams

in PvP

Posted by: Sorel.4870

Sorel.4870

Phantaram and Chaithh are posting here rather often. Blackjack was also very active (like, one-QQ-thread-a-day active), when the LB were changed. But mostly, top players are above forum drama.

These top PVP teams

in PvP

Posted by: Aereniel.7356

Aereniel.7356

Phantaram and Chaithh are posting here rather often. Blackjack was also very active (like, one-QQ-thread-a-day active), when the LB were changed. But mostly, top players are above forum drama.

I laughed. Well played, sir.

Been here since launch
Legend S1-S3 with 100% solo queue 100% conquest
Filthy casual, 6k sPvP games

These top PVP teams

in PvP

Posted by: Aeroxe.8140

Aeroxe.8140

Yeah I would agree that it would be beneficial to have some top player input, but I think they are probably just tired of the naïveté of forums threads or have just tried too long without results of feedback. It’s a shame, but we can hope they still do post from time to time as it still helps the rest of us in gaining some perspective.

Thief (main), ele, guard
Past member of most teams NA. Retired proleague season 1+2.
http://www.twitch.tv/aeroxe

These top PVP teams

in PvP

Posted by: brannigan.9831

brannigan.9831

Being on a top team doesn’t mean you necessarily have very intelligent opinions on the game either. All you have to do is look at something like Professional Sports analysts. Some of the dumbest commentators are the ex-players. Having good twitch skills and the ability to work as part of a team do not necessarily equal the ability to give good written or verbal analysis.

These top PVP teams

in PvP

Posted by: brannigan.9831

brannigan.9831

Wow so much scorn for forum people actually coming from forum people themselves isn’t that funny.

They are projecting there badness onto other people don’t mind them.

These top PVP teams

in PvP

Posted by: Apolo.5942

Apolo.5942

I dont think they do, but really are they that relevant? we are not talking about LoLs millions upon millions of players, GW2 pvp tournaments are lucky to get what 5k concurrent viewers? as far as esports go, GW2 is dead in the water, so what these highly skilled players think, is meehh…. clearly not many people play this game for organized play any way.

The term Exploit means nothing in GW2 –
Vials Maize Balm Exploit(Halloween) 2014
Locked out of JP (Wintersday) 2015

These top PVP teams

in PvP

Posted by: OlrunTheBlade.1486

OlrunTheBlade.1486

Just an FYI: Aeroxe commented on this thread and nobody noticed ._. Do you only mean members of Abjured/oRNG/TCG/WTS winners? Chaith used to put VERY long posts on these forums to discuss balance.

Captain of Never Lucky [NL]
Competitive Warrior, Ele, Mesmer, Ranger, Engineer, Thief

These top PVP teams

in PvP

Posted by: ronpierce.2760

ronpierce.2760

They do most of their ranting on Streams. Better audience. :P

High Warlord Sikari (80 Reaper) / Lord Siekron (80 DH)
Warlord Sikari (80 Scrapper)

These top PVP teams

in PvP

Aeroxe.8140

Just an FYI: Aeroxe commented on this thread and nobody noticed ._. Do you only mean members of Abjured/oRNG/TCG/WTS winners? Chaith used to put VERY long posts on these forums to discuss balance.

The only players that I (and I’m sure everyone else too) really consider esports are those that are abjured, absurd, or oRNG/TCG/wts winners, as everyone else seems to be mostly kinda just winging it. Their skill levels are vastly beyond the casual esl participant, and they put in much more effort/care more about the game than most. If you watch their play, it’s on another level.

Thief (main), ele, guard

These top PVP teams

in PvP

Posted by: OlrunTheBlade.1486

OlrunTheBlade.1486

Aeroxepls. I think his statement was general enough to count yourself

Captain of Never Lucky [NL]
Competitive Warrior, Ele, Mesmer, Ranger, Engineer, Thief

These top PVP teams

in PvP

Aeroxe.8140

lawl no. W/e your opinion is your opinion.
In any case, I think the point here is that we really do need more forum discussion from top tier players, as their perspective usually has some truth and value and often offers insight that tends to not be noticed.

Edit: And not just because of insight, but also it builds community. If you look at other games like LoL and liquipedia, pros often commentate which kinda “liven up” the forums. It’s nice to have the community more connected.

Thief (main), ele, guard

(edited by Aeroxe.8140)

These top PVP teams

in PvP

Posted by: Dahkeus.8243

Dahkeus.8243

Those that can, do; Those who can’t come here and blame ANet.

=P

These top PVP teams

in PvP

Posted by: nomdeplums.5780

nomdeplums.5780

There’s very little to comment on here.

Most of what people post about is to have rock nerfed so that scissors can win, etc. The loudest complaints about balance typically come from people who don’t compete with a team, and spend most of their time solo queueing and form their EXPERT OPINIONS from their narrow and very limited experience.

Even though Conquest is a 5-man mode, and game balance works around this number, much of the discussion centers around what happens to people 1v1. No one talks about team compositions. No one talks about rotations or strategy. No one talks about how different classes serve different roles and how they should be used as part of a team.

So yeah, the bar is too low on the forums for it to even merit serious thought.

From my experience, experienced players in the competitive community are usually very willing to help out or comment on something when they are approached politely and earnestly. If you want to hear their thoughts, go find them in-game.

These top PVP teams

in PvP

Posted by: Shadow.1345

Shadow.1345

lawl no. W/e your opinion is your opinion.
In any case, I think the point here is that we really do need more forum discussion from top tier players, as their perspective usually has some truth and value and often offers insight that tends to not be noticed.

Edit: And not just because of insight, but also it builds community. If you look at other games like LoL and liquipedia, pros often commentate which kinda “liven up” the forums. It’s nice to have the community more connected.

It would be nice but I can see why they don’t since they have offered their insight in other places and would likely just be repeating themselves over and over and over again. An example would be all the posts about classes not being balanced around 1v1 while there is an excellent explanation of why it isn’t by Kurher. Yet even with that out there and can be easily found people will still come here saying the game should be balanced around 1v1 instead of offering a variety classes for different roles and a changing meta that doesn’t get stale.