They buffed all the best classes?

in PvP

Posted by: Lordrosicky.5813

Lordrosicky.5813

I think warriors got some nice bug fixes but to be honest everything is relative.

The warrior “buffs” look kind of weak in comparison to the other classes which were already viable to an extent that the warrior simply isn’t.

I read down the list and was like wow they are really buffing the necro and mesmer. We must be getting something huge as warriors in this patch to balance this out. Then I get down there and there is like 4 changes.

Then I read the additional patch notes when Jonathon Sharp says that warriors have a hard time with enemy boons and conditions (the whole of pvp is based around these) and “may need a teammate to help them”. But they created a game mode where you need two “solo survivable” bunker players and then a few roamers/condition dudes. So the warrior automatically is irrelevent because we simply wont be able to ever really get a point if this is their strategy.

The fact that necros can just lay down thousands of marks on a point that YOU HAVE TO STAND IN TO CAP/KEEP = good luck “having difficulty with conditions” and actually surviving ever.

I am actually shocked that the approach to balance seems to be to buff the best classes.

These “small changes” are fine. But small changes in balance only works if you make them often. And Anet doesnt make them often. So by the time they balance things out and make warriors viable (doubt this will ever happen based on their vision of how terribad the warrior is) nobody will be playing spvp anymore. If they only update balance every month then they do need to be braver and make bigger balance changes.

O and please for the love of god change spvp from “who can get the most red circles on this point” to something which is actually fun. At the end of the day I don’t even care that much about the warrior being horribly bad. I care more about a fun gameplay experience and not just having necros spam 4000 conditions on everyone at a point (which everyone except warriors can actually remove lol).

Tl:dr – Necro dominates spvp at the moment and they didnt nerf it but buffed it. They also said warriors willl never be able to remove conditions which baically means warriors wont be viable ever in this game unless they add new game types or make capture points more the size of graveyard in legacy.

Character: Henry rank million/Duke Henry
Necromancer/Casual Warrior
[Team] Best WvW guild of all time. EASILY.

in PvP

Posted by: Khalifahaze.6045

Khalifahaze.6045

The fact that you read the necro patch notes and said to yourself “wow they really buffed necro” means you have no idea how to play or what necro needs fixed.

QT Khalifa [Cute] – Necromancer

in PvP

Posted by: Wanko.8103

Wanko.8103

Necro isn’t that strong, but buffs to thieves and eles? Really?

I feel like insert name here has literally gone mental, while working on balance.

in PvP

Lordrosicky.5813

The fact that you read the necro patch notes and said to yourself “wow they really buffed necro” means you have no idea how to play or what necro needs fixed.

Well they didnt nerf it at all and its the best class currently. The buffs might be to other things than the current “popular build” but they are still buffs.

in PvP

Khalifahaze.6045

Well they didnt nerf it at all and its the best class currently. The buffs might be to other things than the current “popular build” but they are still buffs.

Fear got a slight buff if you run a condition build, that’s it. Every patch promotes less and less build diversity.

in PvP

Lordrosicky.5813

Fear got a slight buff if you run a condition build, that’s it. Every patch promotes less and less build diversity.

Well thats true. But necros can just condition spam points in the only current game mode and its completely dominant. Thats why all teams have to have a necro really.

in PvP

Posted by: gamefreak.5673

gamefreak.5673

So, i think you need to make a necro and play him for some time. We are not dominating sPvP. We do ok in pvp but no place near as destructive as you make us sound since we can only really spam the second mark quickly, 3-5 are on decently long cool downs already. Our specter + dagger aoes are also on long cool downs as well. Those buffs you say they gave us are not is what we need. We need AI fixes, we need traits fixed, our ability to create LF in-combat is still horrible. Our res signet is pretty powerful but has a really long cooldown. Epidemic is pretty powerful since it spreads conditions on one person to others around him but necros themselves are pretty slow at applying conditions to players, other class’s do it better. So have a engineer or mesmer apply conditions then have a necro spreading is a decent tactic but still, necros are not OP in this game. We have major issues with traits just like everyone else in the game.

Ele’s can almost have regeration and protection up almost all the time now with this patch, thieves are going to be harder to guess where they are when they stealth now, warriors got some ok changes, not great but ok. Necros are meh for the updates since most of it is underwater combat, they did not fix AI, JH is a joke still, vampire traits are still a complete let down.

Edit notes: sry i keep updating this since im writing from my phone and its fickle with web pages and sometimes refreshes before im done so i make quick write ups then fix them with edits.

(edited by gamefreak.5673)

in PvP

Khalifahaze.6045

So, i think you need to make a necro and play him for some time. We are not dominating sPvP. We do ok in pvp but no place near as destructive as you make us sound since we can only really spam the second mark quickly, 3-5 are on decently long cool downs already. Our specter + dagger aoes are also on long cool downs as well. Those buffs you say they gave us are not is what we need. We need AI fixes, we need traits fixed, our ability to create LF in-combat is still horrible. Our res signet is pretty powerful but has a really long cooldown.

^this, anyone whos plays a necro will look at these patch changes and say, “anet wtf are you doing, does anyone at your company even play a necro casually?”. In the hands of a skilled player necro is pretty devesating in TEAM PLAY. I emphasize once again TEAM PLAY, meaning if you dont have other people there to protect you (guardian,ele) you will die very fast everytime.

While I understand necro isn’t designed to be a god mode char that can do crazy dmg while taking none that’s beisdes the point. The frustration comes into play where the clearly broken mechanics of our class aren’t being adressed every balance patch. It’s not like these issuse arent known to the devs, because the forums are flooded with bugs, issuse etc. I run a power d/d necro in paids, while many people wont believe it is viable in the hands of the right player the build is. What would make alternate builds like this more viable is fixing things that are broken with our class right now (Lifesteal/Minion AI). By fixing these things alternate builds would become more viable and new player friendly.

(edited by Khalifahaze.6045)

in PvP

Posted by: Bulldozer.5973

Bulldozer.5973

OP, check your mailbox, there was a memo that went out to all warriors that said, “since all other classes will be out running you, out damaging you, and out mitigating your damage, we would like to take this opportunity to advise you to be sure to bring your friend everywhere you go so that he can make up for your lack of usefulness.”

in PvP

Posted by: FluffyDoe.7539

FluffyDoe.7539

I told them “buff doesn’t mean tweaking class stats, it means tweaking class mechanics”. Clearly from the posts here… Anet did not understand that memo.

in PvP

Lordrosicky.5813

OP, check your mailbox, there was a memo that went out to all warriors that said, “since all other classes will be out running you, out damaging you, and out mitigating your damage, we would like to take this opportunity to advise you to be sure to bring your friend everywhere you go so that he can make up for your lack of usefulness.”

Yeh prepare to be kited No buff to warrior sprint for us either

in PvP

Posted by: Cosmic Teapot.9162

Cosmic Teapot.9162

Ele’s can almost have regeration and protection up almost all the time now with this patch

Ele’s could always maintain high/100% protection uptime. The nov. 15 patch bugged out one of our leap finishers which took away a large chunk of d/d ele’s protection. Now that it’s fixed it’s back to the way it’s been since release. There is currently a bug that was introduced with today’s patch that is granting a ridiculously high amount of protection, but I assume it will be hotfixed in a day.

in PvP

Posted by: Rythgar.2896

Rythgar.2896

Ele’s can almost have regeration and protection up almost all the time now with this patch

Ele’s could always maintain high/100% protection uptime. The nov. 15 patch bugged out one of our leap finishers which took away a large chunk of d/d ele’s protection. Now that it’s fixed it’s back to the way it’s been since release. There is currently a bug that was introduced with today’s patch that is granting a ridiculously high amount of protection, but I assume it will be hotfixed in a day.

You assume much, my good sir!

We waited for a hot-fix to the block bug on guardians for months (or was it “just” weeks?), to mention one.

Granted, Anet might be human enough to learn from their mistakes, but I would not hold my breath. I learned that from my own past mistakes..

in PvP

Posted by: Raijinn.9065

Raijinn.9065

You assume much, my good sir!

We waited for a hot-fix to the block bug on guardians for months (or was it “just” weeks?), to mention one.

Granted, Anet might be human enough to learn from their mistakes, but I would not hold my breath. I learned that from my own past mistakes..

Well they made sure they fixed the engineer elixir gun bug introduced on the nov 15th patch. But then again, they seem to have it out for engineers as well

in PvP

Posted by: Anshard.3489

Anshard.3489

Well thats true. But necros can just condition spam points in the only current game mode and its completely dominant. Thats why all teams have to have a necro really.

Key point here is teams use necros. Necros are terrible at everything besides one aspect of sPvP, spamming one static point with AE dmg. If tPvP wasn’t defined by who can stand in the circle the longest, no one would see Necros in sPvP.

in PvP

Posted by: Xae.7204

Xae.7204

I feel like insert name here has literally gone mental, while working on balance.

I have never seen such blatant and obvious incompetence when it comes to MMO balance in my life.

And I played Warhammer Online.

in PvP

Posted by: hharry.1967

hharry.1967

I dont know why is there such a warrior complain i see them doing pretty good when specced corretly they just melt faces.

in PvP

Posted by: XiL.4318

XiL.4318

The Lead Balance Dev plays Thief. His friend or next in line down the totem pole likely plays Ele.

Its not insanity, it is just Bias. Pure and simple. Developers are people with Bias. People in charge of multiple class balance that are specific class fans will 100% of the time favor that class in all development decisions. They do this subconsciously so there is no possible way to prevent it. Human nature is Human Nature.

in PvP

Wanko.8103

I dont know why is there such a warrior complain i see them doing pretty good when specced corretly they just melt faces.

In sPvP HB burst is one of the easiest things to evade.
Actually, warrior itself is one of the easiest things to evade.

There’s a warrior burst build with insane speed and perma-stealth though, it’s called “thief”.

in PvP

Posted by: TainoFuerte.8136

TainoFuerte.8136

I too am pretty confused by the patch notes, especially after hearing the Youtube interview.

They said they wanted to encourage different viable builds and during pre-release stated they wanted people to bring the player, not the class. Their “visions” for the classes are not compatible with these sentiments. Making one class have a monopoly on roles effectively makes it so you bring the class – the player behind it is ok too but we seriously need that Guardian Bunker. We need a Necro to kill boons.

Ex. If Thieves are to have a monopoly on high burst and roaming why would you use an offensive build on other class?

They also seem to intend the Warrior to be very bad at dealing with conditions… Why? Because they have a high health pool? Being unable to deal with many conditions effectively eliminates some roles for Warrior players, limiting the amount of viable builds they can take. Everyone will always take Mending for the condi removal. This creates stale, stagnant gameplay.

No “holy crap guys, this tpvp team just started bunkering with Warriors, LOOK AT THESE BUILDS” because Warriors are less efficient at it than Guardians or Eles and can be blown up by conditions.

Needless to say, I’m growing disillusioned with the PvP team. Watching tourney streams is going to continue being boring.

in PvP

Posted by: DaliIndica.9041

DaliIndica.9041

I must say, Necros seem to be better off now. But saying that I barely saw them before the patch so perhaps this just made them usable again.

Although I main an Engie, so imagine how sickened I was when the weakest class in the game with only one build option had that nerfed by a flat 30%.

I think Anet is currently smoking crack and divining messages from the devil. Because no other explanation makes sense as to why they feel the need to just keep buffing thiefs and mesmers.

(kinda reminds me of the PVP patch battle that was WOW. Everyone saying ghostcrawler used a FroMage and thats why the class seemingly got buffed over and over again.)

in PvP

Posted by: Ehecatl.9172

Ehecatl.9172

The Lead Balance Dev plays Thief. His friend or next in line down the totem pole likely plays Ele.

Its not insanity, it is just Bias. Pure and simple. Developers are people with Bias. People in charge of multiple class balance that are specific class fans will 100% of the time favor that class in all development decisions. They do this subconsciously so there is no possible way to prevent it. Human nature is Human Nature.

I’m not entirely sure what game you’re playing.

The dreaded Bunker ele spec that everyone feared got a pretty severe nerf/bug fix last patch. And this patch the bunker elementalist build was left mostly alone. What they buffed were our fire, air, and earth lines. Buffing a grandmaster fire trait that NO ONE used outside pve encounters. And buffing an air trait that was mostly considered useless because it only kicked in after the enemy already had one foot in the grave.

This patch was about buffs to trait lines that weren’t being heavily used. Anet is trying to expand the potential number of builds so not every elementalist is running the exact same high survivability murderbuild daggers spec that most people consider “OP”.

I’d much, much prefer they go about balancing the elementalist class this way than nerfing the last viable elementalist pvp build and making us wait a month before we see the counter buffs. It’s also better game design overall to buff other builds and see what happens than to just nerfhammer everything that starts to seem slightly strong.

I don’t play enough of the other classes to really pay attention to their buffs and nerfs. But from what I understand anet is using the same philosophy with them.

in PvP

Posted by: Arheundel.6451

Arheundel.6451

I’m not entirely sure what game you’re playing.

The dreaded Bunker ele spec that everyone feared got a pretty severe nerf/bug fix last patch. And this patch the bunker elementalist build was left mostly alone. What they buffed were our fire, air, and earth lines. Buffing a grandmaster fire trait that NO ONE used outside pve encounters. And buffing an air trait that was mostly considered useless because it only kicked in after the enemy already had one foot in the grave.

This patch was about buffs to trait lines that weren’t being heavily used. Anet is trying to expand the potential number of builds so not every elementalist is running the exact same high survivability murderbuild daggers spec that most people consider “OP”.

I’d much, much prefer they go about balancing the elementalist class this way than nerfing the last viable elementalist pvp build and making us wait a month before we see the counter buffs. It’s also better game design overall to buff other builds and see what happens than to just nerfhammer everything that starts to seem slightly strong.

I don’t play enough of the other classes to really pay attention to their buffs and nerfs. But from what I understand anet is using the same philosophy with them.

No one fear bunker eles except a bunch of spvp thief zergers…just check each profession thread and see who’s complaininf about “bunker” eles….just thieves or some random necro well spammer, so stop giving reasons to people who can’t see behind the end of their own nose

in PvP

Posted by: Ehecatl.9172

Ehecatl.9172

No one fear bunker eles except a bunch of spvp thief zergers…just check each profession thread and see who’s complaininf about “bunker” eles….just thieves or some random necro well spammer, so stop giving reasons to people who can’t see behind the end of their own nose

Gonna point out I never said bunker ele was overpowered. I just pointed out that it was the build most people are complaining about when they bring up elementalists. Which is for the most part true.

The point is they aren’t buffing what are already strong elementalist builds this patch. They are buffing our weakest trait lines so that maybe people who play elementalists will branch out more.

in PvP

Posted by: Choops.3710

Choops.3710

Gonna point out I never said bunker ele was overpowered. I just pointed out that it was the build most people are complaining about when they bring up elementalists. Which is for the most part true.

The point is they aren’t buffing what are already strong elementalist builds this patch. They are buffing our weakest trait lines so that maybe people who play elementalists will branch out more.

Can Engineers have this? We were pigeonholed into a grenadier spec and instead of just buffing our other builds to make us have options, we just got ‘nade damage nerfed. I understand they hit hard, but c’mon, it’s not like they hit everytime, weren’t easily dodged, etc. We already have a Flamethrower that doesn’t hit anything a large portion of the time with 2 attacks, Pistol/Pistol combo that hits like a wet noodle and an extremely delayed animation for Rifle 5. Grenade kit was all we friggin’ had man, lol

Pikachoops – Engineer, Fort Aspenwood

(edited by Choops.3710)

in PvP

Posted by: Knote.2904

Knote.2904

Key point here is teams use necros. Necros are terrible at everything besides one aspect of sPvP, spamming one static point with AE dmg. If tPvP wasn’t defined by who can stand in the circle the longest, no one would see Necros in sPvP.

Don’t worry, epidemic and wells are probably going to be gutted next patch as well. Then necro won’t have anything to be good at.

in PvP

Posted by: Braxxus.2904

Braxxus.2904

Don’t worry, epidemic and wells are probably going to be gutted next patch as well. Then necro won’t have anything to be good at.

Yeah but that’s kind of their plan. If people haven’t figured out by now that ANet just wants a bunch of thief/mesmer/guardian/ele players only then they haven’t been paying attention. Or we all just really stubborn and want to play other classes than those.

Blackwater Vanguard
Yaks Bend

in PvP

Posted by: Visionary.5681

Visionary.5681

The fact that necros can just lay down thousands of marks on a point that YOU HAVE TO STAND IN TO CAP/KEEP = good luck “having difficulty with conditions” and actually surviving ever..

Stopped reading here.

in PvP

Arheundel.6451

@Jonathan Sharp
Class balance philosophies
We normally try to employ metered and controlled balance changes with each pass, rather than huge reductions or improvements to classes. We want to get all classes on the same playing field, and we want to avoid “whack-a-mole” style balance. HUGH increases and HUGE decreases lead to meta instability, and thusly, we try to make multiple small tweaks rather than putting in massive changes that we have to later correct.

When designing and balancing the classes, we try to make sure that class roles and identities stay intact. So, in doing so, we make sure that there are rules and boundaries outlining the capabilities and weaknesses of each class.
•Warrior•We want the Warrior to be capable of good melee damage in a sturdy body. They can still do some decent damage at range, but they aren’t as good at it as the Ranger (with their pet). They have a hard time taking enemy boons down, and instead, have to just go through them with raw force. They may have a hard time with enemy conditions, and may need to ask for ally help in order to keep themselves free of hampering conditions.

•Guardian•The Guardian is a heavy armor class who relies on boons to make up for their low levels of innate health. They focus on area control and punishing enemies for the position on the battlefield. We want them to feel very powerful when their boons are active, but if those boons are removed, they will start to feel pressure. They can remove conditions more easily than the Warrior, but share the Warrior’s need to be in melee range to dole out maximum damage.

•Ranger•The ranger class combines its own innate abilities with the skills of their pets. We’ve balanced the class around the idea that you always have a pet with you to aid in any fight. The fact that the ranger can have multiple pets allows them to combine their pets in ways that most impact the current fight. We want the Ranger to have some of the evasion enjoyed by the Thief, as well as the mobility other classes employ. The class is able to deal physical or condition damage, and it can do this in melee or at range.

•Engineer•The Engineer is a highly versatile class. While it doesn’t have the long range capabilities of the Ranger, or the melee capabilities of the Warrior or Guardian, they are comfortable at medium ranges in most fights. They have a lot of control, and use their boons to keep themselves (and allies) alive in a fight. They can use different kits based on the situation, but this extreme versatility comes at a cost in damage on their main hand weapons.

•Thief•Thieves are the masters of mobility, stealth and high single target damage. They can be very fragile if you counter their stealth with area of effects or large stacks of conditions, but they trade this fragility in order to have some of the highest burst damage in the game. They are able to help allies through traps, venoms and the mobility to flank most encounters.

•Mesmer•Mesmers rely on illusions in order to accomplish their goals. They need illusions to accomplish some of their highest damage and control, and without the illusions, they become fairly fragile. They can deal with enemy boons better than most classes, but enemy conditions can often be a problem. They share some of the stealth and mobility that the Thief enjoys, but suffer from a low health pool if you get past all their tricks.

•Ele•We see the elementalist as the king of versatility. The skill ceiling for the Ele is exceptional, as the ability to leverage all four attunements at the right time is crucial for understanding the elemetnalist. The Ele boasts some of the best team support and control abilities in the game, as well as some great area of effect damage.

•Necro•The necro boasts the highest natural health of all the caster classes, and also has death shroud to extend that life total even higher. While they don’t have some of the escape or damage reduction capabilities that other classes boast, they do have a lot of ways to win attrition fights. They have access to poison on multiple weapons, they are able to combine condition damage with raw damage, and they have multiple disables to interrupt enemy skills. Necomancers also have multiple movement disabling abilities, while allows them to chase down enemies who are low on health.

Pick your role…and then pick your profession, if you were looking for the HERO class with healing/dmg/stealth/clones and dragon’s shout…you’re looking at the wrong game

in PvP

Posted by: Taldren.7523

Taldren.7523

I think warriors got some nice bug fixes but to be honest everything is relative.

The warrior “buffs” look kind of weak in comparison to the other classes which were already viable to an extent that the warrior simply isn’t.

Um … troll?

I am using said mesmer build and warrior are still beasting me.

Attachments:

80 Elementalist (RotV), 80 Mesmer (RotV)
80 Necromancer (IRNY), 80 Guardian (IRNY)
GW2: it’s like DAoC, but for the WoW crowd.

in PvP

Posted by: Brutalistik.6473

Brutalistik.6473

Um … troll?

I am using said mesmer build and warrior are still beasting me.

As a mesmer myself I take offense to that picture because of your damage. Please leave or delete that character.
I’m serious grrrrr

Pineapples

in PvP

Posted by: xiNe.6958

xiNe.6958

Pick your role…and then pick your profession….

along with your statement, Anet should rather delete the warrior as other classes can do any given roles better than them

in PvP

xiNe.6958

Actually i am pretty sure that those philosophy of classes were wrote recently to fool us, not before they made the classes.

the reason hold my points is that… look closely to those lines, Anet rises roles of classes in those philosophy, it contradict with what they claim before the game launch; no holy trinity, every class can fill every role as player wants it to, blah blah blah. most importantly, why they announce this after 4 months from game launch but not at the beginning? and why the description match current meta so perfectly? :/

and look closely to the philosophy of thief and warrior again, both provide burst but warrior need to be babysat and thief are self-dependent meanwhile with higher mobility and survivability, so obviously this philosophy just simply told everyone to pick thief rather than warrior. WARRIOR DELETED

is there anyone really think that Anet build their classes through a stupid philosophy like this? i don’t think so.

in PvP

Arheundel.6451

Actually i am pretty sure that those philosophy of classes were wrote recently to fool us, not before they made the classes.

the reason hold my points is that… look closely to those lines, Anet rises roles of classes in those philosophy, it contradict with what they claim before the game launch; no holy trinity, every class can fill every role as player wants it to, blah blah blah. most importantly, why they announce this after 4 months from game launch but not at the beginning? and why the description match current meta so perfectly? :/

and look closely to the philosophy of thief and warrior again, both provide burst but warrior need to be babysat and thief are self-dependent meanwhile with higher mobility and survivability, so obviously this philosophy just simply told everyone to pick thief rather than warrior. WARRIOR DELETED

is there anyone really think that Anet build their classes through a stupid philosophy like this? i don’t think so.

A warrior rely on heavy armour and health to go through dmg, while a thief rely on stealth to stay alive, the problem is that people think a warrior is only 100b when in reality a hammer or mace warrior is equally if not more viable than 100b.
I played with and against mace/hammer warriors and I can assure you that they’re way more than dangerous than a simple 100b , in the end all professions offer burst options but in different ways and you need to adapt accordingly to your team composition..the " a build to rule them all" really doesn’t cut in an e-sport scenario.

in PvP

Posted by: Taldren.7523

Taldren.7523

As a mesmer myself I take offense to that picture because of your damage. Please leave or delete that character.
I’m serious grrrrr

Aww, look, it growled at me. So cute.

Not going to delete a level 80 in all exotic berserker gear, mate.

“grrr” , rofl.

80 Elementalist (RotV), 80 Mesmer (RotV)
80 Necromancer (IRNY), 80 Guardian (IRNY)
GW2: it’s like DAoC, but for the WoW crowd.

in PvP

xiNe.6958

A warrior rely on heavy armour and health to go through dmg, while a thief rely on stealth to stay alive, the problem is that people think a warrior is only 100b when in reality a hammer or mace warrior is equally if not more viable than 100b.
I played with and against mace/hammer warriors and I can assure you that they’re way more than dangerous than a simple 100b , in the end all professions offer burst options but in different ways and you need to adapt accordingly to your team composition..the " a build to rule them all" really doesn’t cut in an e-sport scenario.

one question here, if heavy armor and health is viable in gw2’s pvp, why we don’t have any bunker warrior who perform at least equal to bunker guardian or ele when those two best bunker classes both doesn’t have high health pool and armor? armor and health doesn’t help survivability, mobility/protection/vigor does.

sure in a duel situation hammer+mace/shield do much better than GS. However what tpvp needs is mobility to support and high burst. can you support around faster than a burst thief? can they survive in a team fight meanwhile provide more dmg than a thief? i personally really don’t see warrior do any better than a thief in tpvp as in the role of roam/support

in PvP

Wanko.8103

A warrior rely on heavy armour and health to go through dmg

Have you ever played sPvP? Rank 1 at least? High hp pool with heavy protection can be taken out in a single burst.

in PvP

Posted by: Clark Skinner.4902

Clark Skinner.4902

Every ele update seems to be centered around fixing/buffing D/D. Since I don’t like them, ele is pretty much nerfed every patch. With other classes getting buffed so much, I’m being left in their dust unless i switch to this not-very-respected bunker build I always hear about.

And also, the description of ele says they are meant for support and flexibility. How is that meant do do well in PvP? There are rarely crowds to use AoE on. Being able to switch from vulnerability to a might strategy (trading one for the other) doesn’t make us stronger against another player that is specialized. Jack of all trades is useless in places like this.

And ele has a hard time with enemy boons and conditions too, unless they give up their utility slots, in which case they have a hard time with everything else.

in PvP

Arheundel.6451

one question here, if heavy armor and health is viable in gw2’s pvp, why we don’t have any bunker warrior who perform at least equal to bunker guardian or ele when those two best bunker classes both doesn’t have high health pool and armor? armor and health doesn’t help survivability, mobility/protection/vigor does.

sure in a duel situation hammer+mace/shield do much better than GS. However what tpvp needs is mobility to support and high burst. can you support around faster than a burst thief? can they survive in a team fight meanwhile provide more dmg than a thief? i personally really don’t see warrior do any better than a thief in tpvp as in the role of roam/support

We do have bunker warrior, just they’re not as frequent like guardians or engy, bunker eles are even less frequent than cannon glass eles, anyway every profession got different ways to bunker up..but again for bunker I mean “delay the enemy”, because a bunker may be appear “immortal” in sPvP but nobody stay alive long 1vs2 in tPvP.

A guardian use armour/block/protection , an ele use mobility/vigor/protection, a warrior use armour/health/control( hammer warriors can delay enemies long enough for help to come).

The thief remain a better roamer compared to warriors, can a thief mass interrupt people in a short radius?can a thief go through retaliation from the enemy?
I seen teams running with warrior and thief without any problems, these two professions works differently and the warrior is definetely more sturdy than the thief, the thief rely on the element of surprise to accomplish most things, once you take out that element, you can change a 2vs2 in a 1vs2 in your favour while the thief hides and run, waitings for venoms to come off CD and come back, by that time his friend may be dead

in PvP

Arheundel.6451

Every ele update seems to be centered around fixing/buffing D/D. Since I don’t like them, ele is pretty much nerfed every patch. With other classes getting buffed so much, I’m being left in their dust unless i switch to this not-very-respected bunker build I always hear about.

And also, the description of ele says they are meant for support and flexibility. How is that meant do do well in PvP? There are rarely crowds to use AoE on. Being able to switch from vulnerability to a might strategy (trading one for the other) doesn’t make us stronger against another player that is specialized. Jack of all trades is useless in places like this.

And ele has a hard time with enemy boons and conditions too, unless they give up their utility slots, in which case they have a hard time with everything else.

You can try a s/d glass cannon, for small skirmishes and tPvP that build is devastating with the 2k lightning strike and 1.2k shatterstone, it’s pretty durable once you get used to it but you really need to watch your steps.

Staff pretty hard to use in sPvP with the constant zerging on you from 3-4 people, in tPvP a water support conditions removal build can be very handy

in PvP

Posted by: garethh.3518

garethh.3518

Warriors can whirlwind or dodge roll threw marks and have them do nothing.
Just saying.