They removed the rank showing haha

in PvP

Posted by: DaliIndica.9041

DaliIndica.9041

Lets face it, the only reason they removed it is because it exposes how awful the matchmaking in this game is.

Now before some gumbo decides to post “meeehh, rank doesnt equal skill….” well let me ask you think John Boy.

Rank 3 Warrior
vs
Rank 41 Mesmer

HMMMMMMMMMMMMMM, I wonder who will win that exchange. I wonder if rank isnt meaningless, because it is a representation of how much glory you have aquaired, thus showing how much you have played this game. And we can assume that the more you play, the better you will get.

Oh no, not in GW2. Just stick some low rank players in vs a high rank team. It will be fine, it will never end in a stomp which it always does.

And why is there still so much spam crap on my screen? Necro Minions, Mesmer Clones and some spirit pets, yeah, hiding the asura level 2 rank 8 player in the middle. Not at all an advantage is size, which is why the army still uses them oh so subtle zepplins for air attacks.

Its as clear as day that asura have an advantage, mostly because this game is trigger happy with its special effects so its a clustershag of visuals which you cannot see into. Thats if it has a point anyway, becuase your paired up with some low rank players who fight off the point, complain they cannot win whilst displaying zero skill, using builds that no one uses because they are crap.

The moment I spawn in and I see a fair few PVE skins on them, I know its going to be an awful match. Maybe I will get an afk bot again, maybe I will get spammed some more gold selling crap, maybe we can get more skyhammer and low ranked players.

This isnt perticulay constructive but I feel that this game is now entering its final leg of stupidity. I stuck it out from release, all the crap, the half baked promises, the outright lies, the stupid ANet staff who only answer questions about how cool they are, not the MOUNTAIN of balance problems. The changing of the system, the removal of things, the adding of new things that do nothing to adress the core issues of the game. I remember when the warrior was utterly crap for about a good 6 months, then overpowered to the extreme, never quite getting balance right because ANet see fit to not fix what they have, but add more broken ideas (necro fire, what genius thought that was the right move. Ignore the spammy minion nature of the necro, just add more stuff that will be removed at another date instead.)

I think I am done, I think trying to come back since the change has exposed how ANet does not, and will never, have a clue on how to make PVP better. Just keep adding crap into the game.

(oh and super thanks guys for removing the wardrobe, all that stuff I collecting that I could use at will, thanks for putting it behind a paywall now. You guys are the best, keep on ruining kitten. I stand by my original conspiracy about this game. ANet did not make this game, they bought a half completed game and stuck there stuff on top of it. Or fired the original makers. Either way, no one is steering the ship anymore)

in PvP

Posted by: Quickfoot Katana.8642

Quickfoot Katana.8642

They removed it because the new PvE players coming in to PvP were getting flamed for having a low rank. In order to cover their wallet, Anet removed a big part of rank-exposition.

in PvP

DaliIndica.9041

Indeed, removing rank was there way of hiding the failure of the matchmaking. Well, lack off. I play at all times of the day and its no worse at any time. Its not like off peak problems, middle of the evening on a friday, same problem.

I like how they also blame a “toxic community” as well. THey never question why its toxic, or so aggressive at times. They have some real flaws that have they have failed to address and this is now well over a year later and still its the same core issues.

I suspect what they want is PVP players gone, and just some random PVE’ers who stroll in for some rewards and bugger off once its done, back to PVE.

That esport dream is dead, long since dead. ALl the bluster Anet made before and at release has all been lies.

in PvP

Posted by: Anton.1769

Anton.1769

They removed it because the new PvE players coming in to PvP were getting flamed for having a low rank. In order to cover their wallet, Anet removed a big part of rank-exposition.

And now i see “go pve back etc” even more, because if in past you could not tell it to rank 30+, but now people don’t see ranks and blame more.

in PvP

Posted by: Chase.8415

Chase.8415

This topic is exactly why PvP rank recognition was removed, It;s because of people like you that blames the loss on low ranks, regardless of their skill level.

I got blamed for being bad and low rank on my alt account in Europe…

When will people realize MMR =/= Rank?

in PvP

Posted by: Zepidel.5349

Zepidel.5349

SPvP doesn’t exactly have a massive userbase, GW2 wile a successful MMO doesn’t have a whole lot of people playing comparatively to say WoW, LoL, Dota.

The problem with MMR now is, it starts off looking for people near your MMR, and as time goes on it will pull people farther and farther away. In GW2 case it happens instantly almost becuase of so few people in que.

Now besides a small userbase, ques are separated by TTPvP and STPvP, cutting an already small usebase in half. So it’s really reaching out there a lot of the time, with the influx of new players the bottom/trench is much larger than the top, when before it may of been a bit more linear.

Meaning if you are anywhere near the bottom of the MMR braket you are getting pulled down more often than not to play with new players than you are getting to play with people on your level. Once you get to the 80/90% percentile MMR (not leaderboard rank) you are out of that rut and playing with normal PvP’ers again.

The only other option being 15 minute long ques, which will lead to players not even bothering with SPvP (you know like before the patch?XD)… leading to Anet looking like failures with their new SPvP rewards revamp and plenty of QQ. It wont happen, they would rather us have near insta pops instead of good matches for the majority.

Otherwise I really think they would have some kind of search range fidelity slider like dota2 has.

This topic is exactly why PvP rank recognition was removed, It;s because of people like you that blames the loss on low ranks, regardless of their skill level.

We want to see MMR, not rank, not leaderboard rating. We have never? Been able to see peoples MMR inside the game, let alone our own.

When you have 60/70 percentiles fighting 20 percentiles which is probably what is happening now you are bound to have crap flying.

In most competitive games you wont be matched up with anyone 10-20% higher than you ever.

non-transparency on MMR for players you are in game with just enables Anet to have extremely lazy/shady design. As you should be grouped up and against players with similar MMR, People aren’t going to be able to use it as fuel to call players out…. unless they are in fact being unfairly grouped up with people much lower skill level due to bad design.

If you don’t support being able to see MMR, or at least some kind of forced bracket like in SC2/LoL, than you just enable bad developers.

(edited by Zepidel.5349)

in PvP

Posted by: Locuz.2651

Locuz.2651

We want to see MMR, not rank, not leaderboard rating. We have never? Been able to see peoples MMR inside the game, let alone our own.

Problem is that the MMR itself is broken. Some of the worst players on the ladder get catapulted in to the top 100 after a few lucky wins.

Yesterday for example i was playing with and vs a pvp rank 16 warrior named Janhus. It was an obvious beginner that played sword shield….and never switched to other weaponsets. He was squishy as hell but did no damage either. I could literally stand next to him and /dance and i wouldnt die.

He had no idea either where to go to. He just ran to whatever fight he saw and died non stop pretty much including 1v1 vs bosses., non stop to far where he kept dying etc etc.

I think he had 10 points total in 3 games played. It was basicly 4v5 for every team he was in.

The comical part is… that guy was top 25 in Europe after 10-20 games played* (dropped in to percentages ofc after last night). So id like to thank Anet on behalf of Janhus for this horrible MMR system.

http://www.gw2score.com/PvP/player/Janhus9370

Attachments:

(edited by Locuz.2651)

in PvP

Posted by: Zepidel.5349

Zepidel.5349

Problem is that the MMR itself is broken. Some of the worst players on the ladder get catapulted in to the top 100 after a few lucky wins.

Yesterday for example i was playing with and vs a pvp rank 16 warrior named Janhus. It was an obvious beginner that played sword shield….and never switched to other weaponsets. He was squishy as hell but did no damage either. I could literally stand next to him and /dance and i wouldnt die.

He had no idea either where to go to. He just ran to whatever fight he saw and died non stop pretty much including 1v1 vs bosses., non stop to far where he kept dying etc etc.

I think he had 10 points total in 3 games played. It was basicly 4v5 for every team he was in.

The comical part is… that guy was top 25 in Europe after 10-20 games played* (dropped in to percentages ofc after last night). So id like to thank Anet on behalf of Janhus for this horrible MMR system.

http://www.gw2score.com/PvP/player/Janhus9370

Leaderboard rank != MMR, it’s pretty obvious you can be in the top 100 leaderboard but the bottom percentile MMR.

in PvP

Posted by: Locuz.2651

Locuz.2651

Leaderboard rank != MMR, it’s pretty obvious you can be in the top 100 leaderboard but the bottom percentile MMR.

Not really no.

You can have top MMR and be in the percentages (due to decay). The other way around is impossible. You can only get to the top with top MMR.

(edited by Locuz.2651)

in PvP

Posted by: Erwin.5603

Erwin.5603

removing the rank was a good change

Fixi

in PvP

Posted by: DanzelOPP.5068

DanzelOPP.5068

I think its a good idea to remove rank because people used it as some judge of skill instead time played. Now I will agree there’s a difference between rank 10 and rank 50 but at the same time how do you know that rank 10 is not a good player on an alt account?
Also with all the pve scrubs coming in as shark bate, they probably felt pretty bad getting paired with or against someone a lot higher rank, because where they are from, that number actually matters.

B O I N K

in PvP

Posted by: Lord Hammer Hand.4815

Lord Hammer Hand.4815

3 weeks later he noticeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

Pacific Islander Legion [NoyP]
Black Gate
Ruthless Legend

in PvP

Posted by: Selenya.6410

Selenya.6410

I know couple of very good players really, they on verge to quit due to what MMR caused to them. And in all this they can’t do anything, when you in the blackhole even carry them is not possible, 4 vs 5 also aggravates the situation.
On a side note, you don’t need to see a rank to understand the lvl of awareness of a player.
When you offbunk close stating that at start and then the only guardian comes close too to just get those 10pt leaving other ppl getting murdered elsewhere, you dont need to see it, he’s prolly rank 10-15 at max.
So yeah like it or not, ther’s a relation between rank and knowledge, simply because the more time you invest into something the more higher you get on rank, the more you get to know about how pvp works.
All this ‘’rank doesnt mean skill’’ have been caused by Anet not stopping the skyhammer heroes when it was the time.
On the other hand I know some quite high ranked and in ladder ppl who is simply awful and got carried all the way but they are a minus part of the problem nowadays. Since Anet seems to hate who dedicated a lot of time to the game, those will leave at some point too :p.

Nexon = Advanced Cancer

in PvP

Posted by: DanzelOPP.5068

DanzelOPP.5068

Maybe they need to get ahold of eharmony to figure out how they do their matchmaking.

B O I N K

in PvP

DaliIndica.9041

Case and point, perfectly executed as I said it would. I never said rank was equal to anything other than time played, and that could be linked to experiance and a basic understanding of how to play the game (capping defending etc).

Now if you would just for a moment consider that you made a mistake and took the easy option of adding your own interpretation of events, adding factors in and concluding that it was what I said, you would have a better understanding of my point.

Removing your rank showing is simply a band aid for a problem that has plagued this game since it first came out. Listen, SINCE THE GAME CAME OUT, THIS PROBLEM HAS BEEN WITH US. REMOVING RANK IS A CHEAP WAY OF TRYING TO HIDE THAT VERY ISSUE, THE ONE THAT HAS BEEN HERE SINCE DAY 1.

Do you get it now?

I dont mind losing when the points are within say 200, or even 100. But when I am either losing by 500-100 or winning 500-100 its boring.

Yes, its boring to win. I was just in a match, I didnt die once, we creamed them pretty badly. We won 500-17. They had no afkers, they were just bad. Now even though I won, even though I came top and felt I put in a good performance, it was boring. Its boring for the winning team, its sure as hell boring and annoying for the losing team.

This is as much about lower rank players as well, its not fair to expect a rank 15 to tackle someone who is rank 40. The reason is that the higher level will know his class better, and they will also most likely have a good understanding of other classes. The rank 15 will only just be getting his own class in order.

Now it doesnt meant the rank 40 is a better person, only that they have played for longer and have a deeper understanding of the game.

Also, yes, sometimes you will get a rank 70 who is rubbish and a rank 4 who is an alt account. Do you really expect the majority of people to believe that most low ranking players are alt accounts? is that what you are trying to hint at.

Removing rank simply hides the fact this game has never bother to mature. They have struggled with balance, the new maps went great, alright, what the kitten are they smoking. In a system that is struggling to have fair matchmaking, a changing system, a mass exodus of top players (yep, remember them in the first wave? most have gone) and they add in a map with lots of instagib moments and a giant cannon. Do you not see a pattern emerging, ANet continues to make mistakes.

People hate stealth, and by extension the theif. Mesmer gets some hate as well, but mostly thief stealth. Its not even that great, but people hate it. How does ANet try to balance this out? oh thats right, put more healing and condition removal….IN STEALTH. They tried to fix the issues people have with stealth by making it even more mandatory for thieves to use it. Its a recurring theme in this game with respects to PVP. Botched attempts to fix the game.

in PvP

Posted by: Doggie.3184

Doggie.3184

It was removed to help promote jolly cooperation among teammates.

| Fort Aspenwood (NA): Sylvari Daredevil Thief Main: All Classes 80. |
Please Remove/Fix Thief Trait: “Last Refuge.”
“Hard to Catch” is a Horrible and Useless Trait. Fixed 6/23/15. Praise Dwayna.