They want us to TEAM

They want us to TEAM

in PvP

Posted by: Silentshoes.1805

Silentshoes.1805

ArenaNet has stated that they prefer people to form teams and work with teams.

The classes are designed to synergize.

Soloing was never meant to be the main thrust of structured PvP.

Is it a coincidence that the PvP designers have relaxed the matchmaking, strongly hurting the solo experience, and favoring team formation ?

I suspect there just might be a reason. And the reason might be to prod people into grouping.

The Alien (condi necro),That Wreckin Crew (Mesmer)
Silentshoes (Thief), Wind of the Woods (condi ranger)

(edited by Silentshoes.1805)

They want us to TEAM

in PvP

Posted by: oneply.9586

oneply.9586

while at the same time making it harder to form a team with the cruddy new LF section.

One Ply To Rule Them All
Bring PPK back to WvW!!!

They want us to TEAM

in PvP

Silentshoes.1805

Just being in a group of two really seems to help matches.

I am personally trying to collect the names of all the people on this forum who seem mature and smart about playing the game. When I am in HOM I will look for them and ask to team up. It’ll be a “virtual team”, not always the same people…that takes too much weekly organization for my schedule.

But if I have 25 people I can ask to group, I am HOPING it will be better than solo.

They want us to TEAM

in PvP

Posted by: Narkodx.1472

Narkodx.1472

It’s true to an extent but I can tell you from first hand experience you can win as a solo player and “carry” bad players

Most people do their own thing without communication etc

I find the best thing to do is simply what your team needs

No one going home? You do it
No one going mid everyone going far? Do not go mid alone and get rekt
No one grabbing/killing treb while you keep getting rekt at mid? DO IT

etc etc

You want to play solo and succeed? Be flexible

They want us to TEAM

in PvP

Posted by: Essence Snow.3194

Essence Snow.3194

While this is fine in theory and all the pvp base is not large/strong enough to be doing anything that discourages the vast majority of it’s players. Once pvp has a large enough base of players that play in teams, by all means push for it. Until then it is not wise (imo) to push those who make up most of a marginal player base into something they do not necessarily want to do. It’ll result in less players, which is detrimental to the format.

Serenity now~Insanity later

They want us to TEAM

in PvP

Posted by: butch.8136

butch.8136

I don’t think hurting the solo experience is a good thing in the long run. If they want us to team, they could add another dynamic to the HOTM.
Something which was very fun in GW1 —> Daily/weekly/monthly Automated Tournaments.

This would offer a consistent competitive environment with better rewards while not being too demanding like the esl cups, etc. You can even tie in the spectator mode/shoutcaster priveleges (or whats it called? :p)

Razor xxxx (Desolation ; Off)
Bring back: ‘Gamer’ title + MAT’s!
Throw out: Hotjoin!

They want us to TEAM

in PvP

Silentshoes.1805

Well, the builds I enjoy playing cannot carry a weak team.

When the opposing team is communicating and standing on points, rotating effectively, and your team is 3-capping on a single point and running all over being picked off…you really cannot win it for them all alone.

You can cap a point, but you have to leave to go cap the others. The enemy comes right behind you and takes it.

It’s conquest. VERY hard to carry. And impossible if the other team is playing properly.

They want us to TEAM

in PvP

Posted by: NeXeD.3042

NeXeD.3042

I really haven’t done much ranked due to the crazy q times, but I’ve been doing unranked and I’m really not running into alot of the problems everyone I’d complaning about. I’ve really only had one game where it was just ridiculous and that was a courtyard map where the other team had 2 theives and they melted.

Maybe attempting to soloq on a build that you yourself say cannot carry bad players is your issue. Some builds will be more viable than others depending on the comp you play. Maybe it’s not anet or your teams fault? Maybe you could be a little bit more flexible? I usually check out my teams comp and change my build to what I think can help the team the most, I don’t expect a soloq team to have builds that work with whatever specific one I WANT to play. I play the one that works with them.

Attention Moderators I am not
S P E E D Starr #0 Necro NA or
I Am NeXeD awful d/D ele NA

They want us to TEAM

in PvP

oneply.9586

It’s true to an extent but I can tell you from first hand experience you can win as a solo player and “carry” bad players

etc etc

^this!
sometimes its hard to do when you have a really scatter brained team but if you are smart you can make it happen.

One Ply To Rule Them All
Bring PPK back to WvW!!!

They want us to TEAM

in PvP

Silentshoes.1805

I really don’t see how this is possible. How can you hold 2 points all by yourself against a team that is reasonably organized, as most are in the arenas if they have groups in them?

They want us to TEAM

in PvP

Posted by: Nettle.9025

Nettle.9025

Problem is, depending on your skill level, it’s kind of hard finding competent people to play with.

If you aren’t the best of the best, you aren’t getting asked to play in a full premade. So what do you do?

You can post a LF team here, but thats kind of screwed now that everything pve/wvw/pvp is all in the same forum. On top of that, if you aren’t a well known top player that has tournament experience or whatever, then many people wont even bother responding to it or give you a chance. So then you try to form your own, which is equally as hard to do. People are flakey and, since you’re not tops around, can be hesitant to form anything new with you.

So you can shout in HotM. You can get semi-pugs this way, but you’re just as likely to get people far below your skill level in your pug-premade that you have to carry anyway. This is often barely better than going in solo.

A better method is to watch out for good players while playing and ask them to join up, but how often does this happen? Sometimes, but not often. There are a lot of lone wolves queuing into games.

Truth is though, you do need at least a partial team to do well. I consider myself a slightly above average player and I just have so much trouble solo queuing as a Mesmer watching the randoms on my team make the dumbest rotational mistakes ever, no map awareness, etc, and I’m just not good enough to carry as a mes. Even if I hover around the 50% win rate mark, most of the games aren’t fun because of how frustrating playing with random people can be. But if I group up with 1 or 2 of my friends that I know are competent and understand how to rotate, my win rate goes from like 40-50% to 75% instantly.

Badding up tourneys since 2012
NA tPvP – Elementalist – Thief

They want us to TEAM

in PvP

oneply.9586

I really don’t see how this is possible. How can you hold 2 points all by yourself against a team that is reasonably organized, as most are in the arenas if they have groups in them?

its not about holding 2 points at the same time all by yourself. its all about playing off your teammates. bad players make the same mistakes over and over again. learn what those mistakes are and how you can capitalize on them to get points for your team.

a common example
say you got 4 people on your team constantly engaging in road fights. unless the other team is well disciplined, more than likely they will get into a 3v4, 4v4, or 4v5 with your teammates on the road, making them also weak at holding points. go cap the points while theyre busy.

sometimes being the only one on your team playing to win will get other people on the team in the right mode.

One Ply To Rule Them All
Bring PPK back to WvW!!!

They want us to TEAM

in PvP

Posted by: GhOst.4019

GhOst.4019

I am personally trying to collect the names of all the people on this forum who seem mature and smart about playing the game. When I am in HOM I will look for them and ask to team up. It’ll be a “virtual team”, not always the same people…that takes too much weekly organization for my schedule.

But if I have 25 people I can ask to group, I am HOPING it will be better than solo.

I feel the same way. 2 makes a difference but still screws you most of the time. 3 is a better number if you don’t have a full team. I have found if Q’ing solo, it is hit or miss. If you Q with 2, you have a 65% chance to get stuck with 3 semi newbies, why? Cuz your 2 higher MMR’s vs their 3 lower MMR’s make a pretty good average MMR for the team and you get screwed. If you go in with 3 it seems 85% chance to give you 2 people that are a hell of a lot closer to your MMR since you already hold the majority of the teams average MMR. That has just been my experience as of late, when messing around trying to figure out how the system thinks.

#1 Player Granada
#1 Player Comoros

They want us to TEAM

in PvP

Silentshoes.1805

I feel the same way. 2 makes a difference but still screws you most of the time. 3 is a better number if you don’t have a full team. I have found if Q’ing solo, it is hit or miss. If you Q with 2, you have a 65% chance to get stuck with 3 semi newbies, why? Cuz your 2 higher MMR’s vs their 3 lower MMR’s make a pretty good average MMR for the team and you get screwed. If you go in with 3 it seems 85% chance to give you 2 people that are a hell of a lot closer to your MMR since you already hold the majority of the teams average MMR. That has just been my experience as of late, when messing around trying to figure out how the system thinks.

Your logic about 3 in a group seems sound to me.

They want us to TEAM

in PvP

Posted by: GhOst.4019

GhOst.4019

Your logic about 3 in a group seems sound to me.

Ya, those numbers are just from my personal experiences. I am sure some have had worse or better ones than me and the #‘s vary a bit. Since none of this is really counting until the 16th, I just decided to mess around with it all. Wanted to be able to help give solid feedback to the devs for improvement. Also to know what I am in for once the reset happens. So far, I will definitely not be Solo Q’ing lol.

#1 Player Granada
#1 Player Comoros

They want us to TEAM

in PvP

Posted by: Justin ODell.9517

Justin ODell.9517

PvP Server Programmer

Next

Is it a coincidence that the PvP designers have relaxed the matchmaking, favoring team formation and strongly hurting the solo experience?

Yes. We do not intend to ruin the experience for people that queue solo. Matchmaking was relaxed overnight because I would not be available to monitor the servers to prevent queue times from growing too large.

Server Programmer (sPvP)
Isle of Janthir: Flux, Latch, Aegir

They want us to TEAM

in PvP

Posted by: Laserbolt.6731

Laserbolt.6731

Justin,

Thanks for clarifying.

I realize you are not in control of all this, and the total PvP team makes the decisions.

But here’s a thought:

Long Q times turn off the top players (they get the longest Q from strict matchmaking)

Short Q times make them happy and all the rest of the people VERY unhappy (because they all get rolled and feel really ineffective and weak).

Looking at the MMRs, what is the largest population? Where do they cluster? I think that would be the group to favor in the Q time issue. The largest population of players.

The best time for the most amount of people.

QPT (Quality Playing Time) in player-hours.

Can that be arrived at by looking at blowouts and. assuming the loser hates them, and the winners mostly don;t enjoy them, multiply the QPT by 10 players * blowout match.

Also factor in QPT for long waits for high-skilled teams.

Compare and adjust to maximize QPT.

Scrapper: “Frank from Research”

(edited by Laserbolt.6731)

They want us to TEAM

in PvP

Posted by: Petrus Petraeus.7368

Petrus Petraeus.7368

etc etc

Yea, though I think there’s a certain percentage of matches in which SoloQers would be tremendously helped with some communication tools like one of those wheels from dotastyle games with quickcast lines. Incoming Middle, Elementalist MIA, 3v1 Home. Kill treb. Or better though more complicated, voice chat (even if only in sPvP).

They want us to TEAM

in PvP

Posted by: Saiyan.1704

Saiyan.1704

People rarely use the minimap to call points or strafe where to go. If nothing else just revise the minimap and it’s display options instead.
-Red arrow pointing. Shows where enemy is heading.
-Green arrow pointing. Shows where you should go.

The biggest communication I wish I had are the respawns. I like to know when an enemy gets stomped so I know how many I’m expecting at far. Or when I’m expecting it.
I’m going to start typing a 1 for each person I stomp…

aka FalseLights
#5 best gerdien in wurld

They want us to TEAM

in PvP

Posted by: Coelho Nat.4697

Coelho Nat.4697

I am a solo player since I am very casual to PVP, so no team or TS for me.
Before the patch I had 52% victories, but now it dropped to like 20%. It is Anet saying: victories now only for players with teams. No more casuals.

They want us to TEAM

in PvP

Posted by: Amir.1570

Amir.1570

To be honest, it’s the same for every other game. Solo Que is a joke even in League of Legends because people get away with stupid stuff or they get screwed over even though they give it their all. There’s no RNG in matchmaking when it’s 5v5 team que and not solo que.

The problem is ANET screwed up WAY too much in the past driving A LOT of it’s playerbase away.

They want us to TEAM

in PvP

Posted by: Relentliss.2170

Relentliss.2170

Is it a coincidence that the PvP designers have relaxed the matchmaking, favoring team formation and strongly hurting the solo experience?

Yes. We do not intend to ruin the experience for people that queue solo. Matchmaking was relaxed overnight because I would not be available to monitor the servers to prevent queue times from growing too large.

This is NOT something any of your customers asked you to do. Just your small team forcing a particular playstyle on your players.

We don’t need to make mandatory gear treadmills, we make all of it optional

Anet lied (where’s the Manifesto now?)

They want us to TEAM

in PvP

Posted by: Justin ODell.9517

Previous

Justin ODell.9517

PvP Server Programmer

This is NOT something any of your customers asked you to do. Just your small team forcing a particular playstyle on your players.

I’m confused. What isn’t something our customers asked us to do?

Server Programmer (sPvP)
Isle of Janthir: Flux, Latch, Aegir

They want us to TEAM

in PvP

Relentliss.2170

No… I don’t recall any long thread where people posted saying hey please delete soloq so that I am forced, if I want to have fun, to make a pvp team. Where is that thread? I went back 5 pages and I don’t see it.

I don’t recall anyone asking you to remove soloq. It was something you decided to do on your own and has a negative impact on many of us.

This is the problem with your team. You just make decisions based on your own personal preferences and then force them on us and say that they are ours. There was absolutely no reason to delete soloq. Soloq was created for a reason and you forgot what it was… to separate the serious pvpers from the casual.

I was quite happy to get home from work and have a few soloq games. It was fun and relaxing. I’d plan to play 3 and often stay on for 10. If a mate popped on… cool… we’d do a few teamq.

Now I log in and have to force myself to play the 3 games it takes to do my daily. I sometimes force myself to play a few extra but tbh I don’t really enjoy them. I have never seen such a mishmash of teams vs pugs… meta cheese builds vs peoples favorites… noobs vs pros… The one good thing that GW2 pvp had going for it, the separation of team vs pug you removed. Not only that but you brought in longer queues and really poor ranking system. I can’t even work on my daily while I queue, I have to sit in a lobby…

So basically every thing about this pvp patch was terrible. You just won’t admit it. I am not seeing any benefit to anything you did.

If what you did made sense would you need to sit by your computer all day monitoring games, mmr and results and make constant tweaks… no you’d be working on something else by now.

(edited by Relentliss.2170)

They want us to TEAM

in PvP

Posted by: tichorum.2415

tichorum.2415

No… I don’t recall any long thread where people posted saying hey please delete soloq so that I am forced, if I want to have fun, to make a pvp team. Where is that thread? I went back 5 pages and I don’t see it.

This is the problem with your team. You just make decisions based on your own personal preferences and then force them on us and say that they are ours. There was absolutely no reason to delete soloq. Soloq was created for a reason and you forgot what it was… to separate the serious pvpers from the casual.

I was quite happy to get home from work and have a few soloq games. It was fun and relaxing. I’d plan to play 3 and often stay on for 10. If a mate popped on… cool… we’d do a few teamq.

Now I log in and have to force myself to play the 3 games it takes to do my daily. I sometimes force myself to play a few extra but tbh I don’t really enjoy them.

I don’t recall anyone asking you to remove soloq. It was something you decided to do on your own and has a negative impact on many of us.

This is what YOU think. Not everyone. No game company can please everyone. That’s why there is more than one MMO…each one can’t have everything. There’s too much.

I personally loved the change. The matchmaking is a bit off right now but I think in time it’ll get there. I love having unranked so I can queue with people I normally wouldn’t and not get stressed over it.

And by the way, it IS something a LOT of their customers asked them to do. We can still solo queue. And we can do it in unranked. It’s perfect.

Former PvP commentator for ESL & Arenanet.

I used to run the Academy Gaming tournaments for GW2.

(edited by tichorum.2415)

They want us to TEAM

in PvP

Posted by: Dave.2536

Dave.2536

The matchmaking is a bit off right now

My sides…

I can’t breathe

Content in this game will always seem
to be faceroll at the high levels, because it
needs to be accessible to the casuals and bads.

They want us to TEAM

in PvP

Relentliss.2170

I personally loved the change. The matchmaking is a bit off right now but I think in time it’ll get there. I love having unranked so I can queue with people I normally wouldn’t and not get stressed over it.

And by the way, it IS something a LOT of their customers asked them to do. We can still solo queue. And we can do it in unranked. It’s perfect.

I reckon you’re in the small minority.

They want us to TEAM

in PvP

Posted by: inori.7815

inori.7815

You already ruined the people who played solo.You guys always fawn the top player and ignore the normal ppl.I’m so disappoint the man who combine solo and premade queue.

They want us to TEAM

in PvP

Posted by: AlbertoUlkesh.4517

AlbertoUlkesh.4517

Long Q times turn off the top players (they get the longest Q from strict matchmaking)

Short Q times make them happy and all the rest of the people VERY unhappy (because they all get rolled and feel really ineffective and weak).

How about a user-option “prefer quick Q” or “prefer closer matchmaking”? Then people can decide which one they like better. I wonder if that would work.

They want us to TEAM

in PvP

Posted by: Sampo.9678

Sampo.9678

You already ruined the people who played solo.You guys always fawn the top player and ignore the normal ppl.I’m so disappoint the man who combine solo and premade queue.

I don’t feel ruined at all so that’s just your opinion man.
I’m one of the normal people and my games have been just fine.
queue times average are 30s and the matches are good.
Stop talking on behalf of all the solo q players when it’s only your opinion.
Silly spoiled kids these days..

“Be brave, little rabbit. Take a chance.”

They want us to TEAM

in PvP

Posted by: Sebastian.4610

Sebastian.4610

With solo queue being removed, you have completely destroyed the solo player experience. You force us to play against premades, even 2,3,4 man premades just change how matches are played. We played solo queue for a reason, because it was equal footing for all players joining. If we wanted to play team games, there was a team queue option. I would rather wait 15 minutes for ranked solo queue matches then 1 minute for this team queue bullkitten.

Besides the the fact that im forced against premades, it seems i keep getting players new to the game or to pvp on my teams, which basically makes it a 4v5. Now you add that to being against organized groups of people it really kittening sucks.

Stop forcing people to play teams, many of us want solo queue. Put the ranked solo queue back with a leaderboard to climb and if queue times suck .. ohwell we choose to sit and wait.

They want us to TEAM

in PvP

Posted by: Dawntree.7246

Dawntree.7246

I would rather wait 15 minutes for ranked solo queue matches then 1 minute for this team queue bullkitten.

Then why you don’t spend 15 minutes to find better players to play with?

Emanuel Dawntree – Nord Guardian of [TasH] – 9×80
Whiteside Ridge

They want us to TEAM

in PvP

Posted by: Dredrum.2563

Dredrum.2563

[/quote]

Solo players don’t want to get in TS, listen to others bark orders, we just want to play the game at our own leisure and have fun. This now is not an option so try to have a little foresight. First Solo players stop Qing because of lopsided matches, eventually team players Q’s will start going back up in length of Q as only new solo players will be Qing getting face rolled then quiting. Eventually you wind up with only Team Q’rs Qing and almost nil Solo Q’rs. Then when Q’s get to long it’s back to where it was prior to matchmaking Q changes.

The elephant in the room is that players don’t want to be forced to play the game the way some one else wants them to play. So reap the easy wins for the silly leaderboards for now team Qr’s, because soon when spvp goes stagnant because of elite players facerolling noobs what will you do then? It’s not like there will be a solo Q option that new players can use to learn to be elite and compete in team play. Go ahead shoot yourself in the foot for easy wins now.

They want us to TEAM

in PvP

Posted by: Sebastian.4610

Sebastian.4610

I would rather wait 15 minutes for ranked solo queue matches then 1 minute for this team queue bullkitten.

If you read what i typed, i dont want to play any form of premade team games. They are boring compared to Solo queue.

Team queue and solo queue were 2 very different game types, mixing the two is like mixing dog kitten and chocolate, they make look the same but they are very different. (yes u can say the dog kitten is solo queue)

They want us to TEAM

in PvP

Posted by: Dawntree.7246

Dawntree.7246

Solo players don’t want to get in TS, listen to others bark orders, we just want to play the game at our own leisure and have fun. This now is not an option so try to have a little foresight.

I have played both solo and team matches since patch, and I was mainly a random solo in the past (actually playing a lot of TeamQ as well, mostly for better rewards), so I get that sometimes you just want to go in and play. So I think that unranked will eventually become good for that, since proper teams will play for the leaderboard.

If I’m soloing, I’ll play unranked. Do you really need a leaderboard for playing at your own leisure and have fun?

The last matches I had in unranked weren’t bad (haven’t played the last few days tbh).

BTW, “bark orders”? Who are you playing with, Wehrmacht officers?

Emanuel Dawntree – Nord Guardian of [TasH] – 9×80
Whiteside Ridge

They want us to TEAM

in PvP

Dredrum.2563

Well currently team qrs still are playing in unranked as well as ranked. But Unranked brings a different caliber of players, players that are learning, ranked players want to keep a record win loss and be competitive at pushing their percentage up even if it does hover at 50 or not. This also helps you determine wether new builds worked upon are worth running or if you win/loss ratio is going down because of build changes. There are lots of reasons I enjoy playing solo Q ranked and it has nothing to do with wanting to play with the best team players in the game it has everything to do with just playing the game and being with likeminded players that are still competitive.

Who am I playing with??? No one I’m a solo Q’r I play at off hour times because I get off work at 3 am NA Time zone which is the deadest hours of the day to be qing up for spvp, there is no abundance of teams to pick from so the 15 mins looking for a team could kitten well take an hour.

They want us to TEAM

in PvP

Posted by: Dahkeus.8243

Dahkeus.8243

Ever thought of just sending out a mass mail to people that enter the PvP lobby explaining stuff like this? You could just say something like:

“The PvP devs will be busy with the holidays and have adjusted the PvP queues so that they err on the side of low queues for now. This may result in a larger discrepancy in matchmaking, but you will be seeing improvements there shortly. Thank you for your understanding – ArenaNet”

And even though people won’t like to hear that you’re not monitoring everything 24/7 without taking a break, it’s better than having people think that you just don’t know what you’re doing…and at the same time, it helps build the relationship between player and dev a bit as well.

Either way, thank you for taking the time to keep track on things during your busy time. Happy holidays!

They want us to TEAM

in PvP

Posted by: Coelho Nat.4697

Coelho Nat.4697

Like the guy above said: casual players do not want to use TS or spend time to organize a team, etc. We only want log on, play 2 or 3 matches spending few minutes. Solo arena worked that way. Now it is ruined because if you don’t team up, the chances of victory are small.

They want us to TEAM

in PvP

Posted by: adozu.6398

adozu.6398

i que solo 95% of the time and run into obvious premades that leave my team little chanche to victory maybe 1 out of 5 matches at most. i fail to see the point many people are trying to make personally.

They want us to TEAM

in PvP

Posted by: Roe.3679

Roe.3679

I soloQ pretty regularly and as long as I’m on my main with the established MMR, my matches are fine. I’ve seen some obvious teams but the thing is that in most of those situations I had a team with me as well.

I would really recommend that you check your own team as well as the enemy team if you think you’re playing a pre-made. Plus, team =/= talent.

They want us to TEAM

in PvP

Posted by: Narkodx.1472

Narkodx.1472

Here is what you perceive – solo Q players run into a premade maybe once or twice out of 10 matches and claim that every loss from there is a pre-made, the sky is falling and every game is against Abjured and elite teams and I get courtyard every match and lose 500-0

Reality – The system is pretty much the same as before and once seasons starts on the 16th most premades won’t be jumping into unranked and will be going try hard in ranked

Suggestion – Calm the kitten down! Make friends! Play unranked after the 16th

They want us to TEAM

in PvP

Posted by: WyldKat.4712

WyldKat.4712

You have to admit, with the combo system, yeah, we’re supposed to work with teammates.

I’ll admit I get some joy from trolling people who practically spam chat with "do this" and "do that" during a match, but never until they start getting negative with it. How they can be helping while typing that much is beyond me. Either they’re not doing anything, or they’re getting smoked by the other side every 45 seconds or so.

Zestee, Cryptician Zetti, Zissi The Jack, Zi Mao,
Ziffy Snidehide, Zadie Hawkkin, Zannie Oakley, Zuulja
[ODIN],[NaCl] – Tarnished Coast

They want us to TEAM

in PvP

Posted by: brannigan.9831

brannigan.9831

What they want is meaningless quite frankly. This game has a small pvp population and still very few regular teams and that’s not going to change after two plus years. This game has jumped the shark. I have a kind of weird respect though for all you e-sports wannabe’s that have allowed themselves to be strung along for 2 plus years. Rewarding only group play and forcing people into competitive groups is not the way to grow the population of this game although I am pretty sure they know they really can’t do that so they are catering to the e-sports wannabe’s because in reality it really doesnt matter what they do at this point. It’s the most laughable idea in the world to cling to some kind of design vision when it’s failed for 2 years plus. Who cares what the hell they want at this point they are complete failures.

They want us to TEAM

in PvP

Dredrum.2563

Agree with Brann, what this design will do is just push more players out of pvp. For example my guild only has a couple dragon players in as far as I know and I’m one of them. I’d love to get more guildies but they all say the same old same old. That spvp is to hard for them, they just get stomped and don’t enjoy it. Yet with the mixing of Team and Solo Q you force out the new and casual plalyers, there fore not increasing your player base but gradually reducing it.

They want us to TEAM

in PvP

Posted by: Furesy.6935

Furesy.6935

Hmm, I uninstalled yesterday.

I’m a casual PvP’er that loved PvP in GW1. I only recently started PvPing in GW2, after I had done everything in PvE and collected every skin I wanted. Before this I mainly played WvW, but that is really no longer fun.

I got hooked on the PvP at GW2. but as anyone, conquest became rather monotonous, but I still logged every day to play a few games, which would usually turn into a lot of games. I only played solo que and enjoyed it quite a lot. It’s sadly ruined for me now.

They want us to TEAM

in PvP

Dredrum.2563

I myself haven’t logged in to play for a couple days now, and like I’ve stated above I play during the off hours where more players are needed the most to keep the Q’s going.

They want us to TEAM

in PvP

Posted by: insanemaniac.2456

insanemaniac.2456

i have asked for the removal of solo queue.

why?

because imo the community isnt large enough to support 2 ranked queues. 1 of 2 situations was happening:

1. 1 of the queues is a joke and everyone serious was only using 1 of the queues anyways.
2. both queues were serious, but the serious community was split in 1/2. to the detriment of everyone. because you could just as easily solo queue in team queue as you could in solo queue.

in addition, anet desperately needs to convert the hotjoin heros into more serious players who play to win. hotjoin is kitten. it teaches you to quit when youre down and get free wins without trying by abusing autobalance. we desperately needed a place to go that isnt ranked, but people actually try to win and dont just leave games.

consolidating competition to 1 queue and adding in an unranked queue makes perfect sense.

JQ: Rikkity
head here to discuss wvw without fear of infractions

They want us to TEAM

in PvP

Dredrum.2563

See how that works for you in 2 months. When you back to slow Q’s again because the solo qr’s stopped qing.

They want us to TEAM

in PvP

Posted by: insanemaniac.2456

insanemaniac.2456

See how that works for you in 2 months. When you back to slow Q’s again because the solo qr’s stopped qing.

in 2 months the solo queuers will find people or teams to queue with. they will adapt. and maybe more than 2 pro teams will appear because of it.

ranked queues are still 3+ mins in whatever not-high mmr bracket im in during off peak hours, that isnt healthy (compared to 15-30 secs during peak). and its near the patch, there should be a lot of people hopping back in the game to try it out. and specifically, a lot of people in my bracket, cuz im not that good yet.

JQ: Rikkity
head here to discuss wvw without fear of infractions

They want us to TEAM

in PvP

oneply.9586

Solo players don’t want to get in TS, listen to others bark orders, we just want to play the game at our own leisure and have fun.

/clap
i dont understand why people have such a hard time understanding this. who knows, its probably the same people who bark out orders, rage on ts, and mouth breathe to high hell.

Do you really need a leaderboard for playing at your own leisure and have fun?

no leaderboards are not necessary imo. but a team of pugs playing against a 5man premade is not fun. granted that doesnt happen as often as some think, but even ending up against groups of 3 in a premade gives that team a huge advantage over 5 solos.

One Ply To Rule Them All
Bring PPK back to WvW!!!

(edited by oneply.9586)