They want us to TEAM

They want us to TEAM

in PvP

Posted by: oneply.9586

oneply.9586

See how that works for you in 2 months. When you back to slow Q’s again because the solo qr’s stopped qing.

in 2 months the solo queuers will find people or teams to queue with. they will adapt. and maybe more than 2 pro teams will appear because of it.

highly doubt this. alot will stop playing. many will try to find teams but have trouble (look at the new wonderful forum). competitive teams wont necessarily be down with you playing whatever class/build you want. and some will endure for awhile and move on to another game that has pvp that doesnt punish the solo player.
my prediction is that this move will greatly reduce the overall pvp player base.

One Ply To Rule Them All
Bring PPK back to WvW!!!

They want us to TEAM

in PvP

Posted by: art.1402

art.1402

The soloq was ok before the patch , now its unplayable. Every 2nd or 3rd match i am put against premade team that stomp us like 500-100 , i mean what are arenanet thinking with this move. Soloq RUINED.

They want us to TEAM

in PvP

Posted by: oneply.9586

oneply.9586

The soloq was ok before the patch , now its unplayable. Every 2nd or 3rd match i am put against premade team that stomp us like 500-100 , i mean what are arenanet thinking with this move. Soloq RUINED.

tbh with you i was on a team of all solos in ranked (i asked them) and we almost 500-100 the other team with the only coordination being who was taking home, who was going for treb and who would focus mid. after the game started we only spoke at the end with a gg.
really not all stompings are premades, alot are but not all. sometimes if you get stuck with 2 or more kitten players your team cant do anything. and that happens ALOT in unranked since the patch.

One Ply To Rule Them All
Bring PPK back to WvW!!!

They want us to TEAM

in PvP

Posted by: JRM.6218

JRM.6218

They want that teams play as soon as possible, even if the match is uneven.

They want us to TEAM

in PvP

Posted by: Copestetic.5174

Copestetic.5174

I think they’re shooting themselves in the foot here. Instead of removing a useless game mode like Hot Join, they essentially remove SoloQ. I for one, have no desires to make a static in this game. I know what that’s like from GvG’ing in the original, and in old Team Arenas. It’s just not something I want to commit to in a game that has one PvP game mode after two years.

They want us to TEAM

in PvP

Posted by: Relentliss.2170

Relentliss.2170

Is it a coincidence that the PvP designers have relaxed the matchmaking, favoring team formation and strongly hurting the solo experience?

Yes. We do not intend to ruin the experience for people that queue solo. Matchmaking was relaxed overnight because I would not be available to monitor the servers to prevent queue times from growing too large.

You already ruined the people who played solo.You guys always fawn the top player and ignore the normal ppl.I’m so disappoint the man who combine solo and premade queue.

Yeah it was an incredibly stupid decision.

It is obvious to me that this PVP team is listening to a small select number of players and not the bulk of people and how they want to play.

It is clear that the current system is completely broken. It was more fun before patch.

Most of the guys I pvp with I have not seen since the patch. That says a lot. So even if I wanted to team, the people I liked to team with are not around.

We don’t need to make mandatory gear treadmills, we make all of it optional

Anet lied (where’s the Manifesto now?)

They want us to TEAM

in PvP

Posted by: Coelho Nat.4697

Coelho Nat.4697

Played tonight and got my 15th defeat in a row! Before the patch I had 50% victories.
Anet makes very clear it doesn’t want solo players. So as soon I complete basic achievements, pvp never more.

They want us to TEAM

in PvP

Posted by: SlothBear.9846

SlothBear.9846

We do not intend to ruin the experience for people that queue solo.

Too late.

They want us to TEAM

in PvP

Posted by: Sebastian.4610

Sebastian.4610

Is it a coincidence that the PvP designers have relaxed the matchmaking, favoring team formation and strongly hurting the solo experience?

Yes. We do not intend to ruin the experience for people that queue solo. Matchmaking was relaxed overnight because I would not be available to monitor the servers to prevent queue times from growing too large.

You already ruined the people who played solo.You guys always fawn the top player and ignore the normal ppl.I’m so disappoint the man who combine solo and premade queue.

Yeah it was an incredibly stupid decision.

It is obvious to me that this PVP team is listening to a small select number of players and not the bulk of people and how they want to play.

It is clear that the current system is completely broken. It was more fun before patch.

Most of the guys I pvp with I have not seen since the patch. That says a lot. So even if I wanted to team, the people I liked to team with are not around.

I agree with this, i had a blast in solo queue before patch. Even if the queue was 10 minutes (and i rarely had one longer then that unless i was on at like 5-6am Eastern time)

I’ve also not seen a lot of the other solo queuers id be in games with online much, or playing pvp.

I feel like anet destroyed an entire community dedicated to part of their game by trying to merge them with a different one.

Solo pvp needs to stay solo.

They want us to TEAM

in PvP

Posted by: Jak Shadow.2864

Jak Shadow.2864

There is no reason why you can’t be both competitive but also “casual”. That latter dimension is often a function of time and many people do not have enough of it to want to participate in finding teams and sorting out all the VoIP stuff that goes with it.

Premades that steam roller even good solo players are good because they spend the time playing together and know automatically who is doing what on a team. Plus they have voice communication to coordinate and respond dynamically to events as they occur..

For Pug groups it is hard enough to get people to press the “ready” button let alone agree where they are all going at start. Even with good teams it can take a while to find the flow of the group but I have seen lost games turned around as the team finds it’s balance. This is very satisfying but against a premade this is never an option as the game is too far gone by then.

So overall it is almost impossible to have a pug team beat a premade unless they are very bad.

This not only affects the enjoyment of the game it also affects the statistics in terms of win / loss rates. It is meaningless to include the stats together when they are auto lose games.

I would much rather go back to SoloQ and spend time PvEing whilst waiting for games. However if you are going to insist on giving me auto loss games so team players aren’t waiting so long in the queue then at least don’t make my stats look any worse than they already would be for the time you are making me waste by sacrificing me to coordinated teams. If win / loss ratios are irrelevant now as a result which I think is likely then don’t show them at all.

They want us to TEAM

in PvP

Posted by: Jak Shadow.2864

Jak Shadow.2864

PS: PS ANet if you are going to insist on persisting with a mixed queue can you at least fix the call target issue so that it shows up for your team and not just those you were in a party with prior to entering. Party groups really do not need an even bigger edge and this has to be something you can at least fix.

They want us to TEAM

in PvP

Posted by: TPMN.1483

TPMN.1483

Sorry you have completely ruined sPvP for me.. I am an avid solo quer – and hate the whole team experience. This new format is completely bogus – MMR is broken, solo vs organised teams is broken. The 200 point minimum when you have 0-19% chance of winning is completely bogus. Get a courtyard match it’s 500vs 0. The matchmaking is messed up – and not based on experience / time spent in sPvP or PvP which needs to come into it to prevent people stacking losses to get easy matches to boost there ladder ranking,

We have asked for people to at least make an effort in a match – can be done by checking they are running around using skills hitting enemy’s.

Sorry this update to sPvP scores 0/10 on fairness. The old system I would have a decent 50-50 chance of winning – now it’s less than 20%.

Some serious work needs to be done to sPVP before I return.

[MYTH] The Mythical Dragons -PvX http://mythdragons.enjin.com

They want us to TEAM

in PvP

Posted by: Skady.5916

Skady.5916

Something needs to be done.

If one team has X-man premade it can only be matched against same size premade or at least X-1.

I’m getting at least 5 uneven matches per night (full soloQ vs 4man or 5man) and I dont even queue as often as before.

A man of knowledge lives by acting, not by thinking about acting.
-Carlos Castaneda
Skady Valda

They want us to TEAM

in PvP

Posted by: Trybil.1567

Trybil.1567

I used to win about 50% in soloQ, now I am down to <20% win rate. But it isn’t just vs premade teams. Last night two of my teammates declared this was their first time doing pvp. Better question is why am I (at pvp rank 48) being teamed up with total novices? (I guess it is because of my poor recent win ratio, which of course means I will continue to be teamed up with losing teams … argh).

They want us to TEAM

in PvP

Sebastian.4610

It appears when i solo Queue i am matched with bad team mates and lose a lot. Yet when i duo with a friend i win more.. we hardly communicate tho so its not a matter of coordination. This new system is just flat out bad, top players on leaderboards just play a lot of games .. the top player is regarded as bot by many players because of how absolutely bad she plays and how often she spams games.

I just want solo queue back with a leaderboard to climb on. Solo queuing against premade teams is unacceptable and i feel like im being forced out of my favorite part of the game. I really dont want to have to find another game to play as i have invested a lot of time and money into this one.

They want us to TEAM

in PvP

Posted by: Shpongle.6025

Shpongle.6025

It’s fine the way it is and It was fine the way it was before, I don’t see anything wrong with it.

Are you Shpongled?

They want us to TEAM

in PvP

Posted by: insanemaniac.2456

insanemaniac.2456

It appears when i solo Queue i am matched with bad team mates and lose a lot. Yet when i duo with a friend i win more.. we hardly communicate tho so its not a matter of coordination.

that most certainly is a matter of coordination. you have previously played with your friend and know his playstyle and know where to be in relation to him. there may not be communication, which you quite possibly have reduced to nonverbal levels through experience, but to say that there is no coordination is lying to yourself and us.

JQ: Rikkity
head here to discuss wvw without fear of infractions

They want us to TEAM

in PvP

Posted by: style.6173

style.6173

I used to win about 50% in soloQ, now I am down to <20% win rate. But it isn’t just vs premade teams. Last night two of my teammates declared this was their first time doing pvp. Better question is why am I (at pvp rank 48) being teamed up with total novices? (I guess it is because of my poor recent win ratio, which of course means I will continue to be teamed up with losing teams … argh).

Because the new matchmaking is a total fail.

They want us to TEAM

in PvP

Posted by: MarkPhilips.5169

MarkPhilips.5169

Considerations:

1) I agree with you when you say 1+1+1+1+1 vs 5 is really bad but this issue can be filtered directly on MatchMaking. Basically Soloqueue was a super filter for a separated team queue (only 1+1+1+1+1 but don’t forget the sync). Having a mixed queue is better for a tiny community, of course matchmaking needs to be improved.

2) Many times people see wrong things. I can bet everything you want that when people say “ahhhh i was against a 5 premade team!!” it’s not true. Maybe they were 3 or 4 and you had 3 people together in your team,but there was a simply skill gap that creates a false vision. Of course there are roster size that have an advantage against other roster size (i did a topic about rostersize compatibility like 5 always against 5,
1-1-1-1-1 vs 1-1-1-1-1 or 1-1-1-2, 3-1-1 vs 3-1-1 or 3-2 or 2-2-1 , 4-1 vs 4-1 or 3-2 ) but this is always a matchmaking problem that can be fixed for the majority of the games (of course this costs a longer queue).

3) Skill, first of all. Good people can play really better when they’re in solo against bad premades. Mainly it’s a skill problem. When rating is higher (you have more skilled people together) and you don’t have the same skill and composition in your party, the issue is bigger. I agree this needs to be filtered and don’t need to happen. But it’s a matchmaking issue.

So basically a soloqueue is not necessary, you can apply better filter to matchmaking and solve the issues (but this cost always a longer queue) , keeping a unique queue for rated matches. You need to consider that many people is waiting for the Season starting to play in rated (or other changes with leaderboard) and now (until 16) matchmaking is basically disabled to really improve the queue time.

(edited by MarkPhilips.5169)

They want us to TEAM

in PvP

SlothBear.9846

Game 1 – I get 4 randoms, opposed to 5 man team (which includes 3 engineers). My team literally gets spawncamped. Voluntarily. They walk out of spawn into the enemy AoE and die instantly. I get around the edges, easily, and win a few 1v1s but their teammates come to help them and I can’t get a decap or a spike. It’s effectively a 1v5 because my team is permanently dead and seems to think that’s the goal of the game. Lost 500-5.

Game 2 – I get 4 randoms. 3 of us are guardians. 2 are AFK at start of game. Other team has at least 3 teaming together. The same 2 resume afking after running out and dying once. Another one starts telling everyone how bad they are while constantly dead at far. Again, I can easily win the 1v1s but they rotate and end it before I can get a stomp or decap, and I’ve only got one guy helping me (two afk, one too busy telling us how good he is and how bad we are to play the game) against 5 of them. It was a effectively a 2v5. Lost 504-27.

Game 3 – I have 2 together, 2 randoms. They seem to have 2 together also (although the action was really frantic so I didn’t have time to see if they were the same guild or just same acronym). Really, really, close match. It ends up timing out with us winning something like 477-454. I won a few 2v1s which made up for my team constantly going 3v1 on their tank. But I also had one noticeably skilled teammate who kept rotating at the right times. They had a guy who kept trying to use their treb and couldn’t really defend it, which easily could have cost them the 20 some pts they lost by. Overall a few good players and few average ones on each side. A good matchup!

As a result of this, I lose a point in my rankings, because apparently losing 2 matches you have no chance of winning counts more than winning a match that is competitive.

Your system is broken Anet.

They want us to TEAM

in PvP

Posted by: Zenos Osgorma.2936

Zenos Osgorma.2936

the system is fine , it was proberly intented to be like this from the start , they tried soloq’s and team que then found it to be mathmaticly poor when trying to create a Team solution to encourage the creation of teams to input more teams into Esports to carry the flag for the future , do you think solo Que is a way to do this.

i doubt they will back off or return to the solo system since that effeictivly slows the Esports progress , no new teams or the lack of new teams puts slow growth on the Esports scene.

yes the unranked match making needs to be tweeked more to help avoid the situation people are complaining about , just remember the new system is not yet implimented so the MMR you think you are currently getting does nothing.

when the system is in place , it will auto balance itself the teams will rise up while the solos will stay in unranked, i highly doubt premades will be continuously playing unranked after the 16th since currently it makes no difference.

when it does come out and you play ranked Be prepaired to suffer the loss , its competitive ranked.

with unranked thats pretty much a place to improve your MMR with a team.

on the new system your MMR will never beat that of those that team so be prepaired to loose your old 50% win solo , you’ll only manage to keep that 50% win rate vs low skill low MMR players also doing 3v1 carrying your team , on the odd chance you get teamed with some amazing solo’s you’ll have your once in a blue moon amazing game, then you’ll be back to the RNG of randomly finding a good team.

just wait till the 16th or new year till the system really Kicks in.

They want us to TEAM

in PvP

SlothBear.9846

Teams cannot be forced into existence by making the solo experience miserable.

They want us to TEAM

in PvP

Posted by: Laserbolt.6731

Laserbolt.6731

I wonder if weak teams will troll Unranked for lawls because they have an advantage farming solo players using Teamspeak and well-rehearsed roles on every map.

Maybe they will enjoy that more than having a low ladder ranking from being destroyed in Ranked Queue.

Scrapper: “Frank from Research”

(edited by Laserbolt.6731)

They want us to TEAM

in PvP

Sebastian.4610

It appears when i solo Queue i am matched with bad team mates and lose a lot. Yet when i duo with a friend i win more.. we hardly communicate tho so its not a matter of coordination.

that most certainly is a matter of coordination. you have previously played with your friend and know his playstyle and know where to be in relation to him. there may not be communication, which you quite possibly have reduced to nonverbal levels through experience, but to say that there is no coordination is lying to yourself and us.

No need to get rude there at the end, kitten . That may be true about the knowing each others movements. Still doesn’t change that fact that i “have” to team up with others to successfully play matches. I don’t enjoy playing on premade teams of any size, 2,3,4,5 its just not fun for me. Even duo’ing just feels so much different then solo queue used to and i miss the solo queue. I had the option to duo with a team mate before … and i didnt .. wonder why.

They want us to TEAM

in PvP

insanemaniac.2456

No need to get rude there at the end, kitten . That may be true about the knowing each others movements. Still doesn’t change that fact that i “have” to team up with others to successfully play matches. I don’t enjoy playing on premade teams of any size, 2,3,4,5 its just not fun for me. Even duo’ing just feels so much different then solo queue used to and i miss the solo queue. I had the option to duo with a team mate before … and i didnt .. wonder why.

it wasnt intended to be rude, just critical. maybe you should communicate with your team more. and be nice about it. because positive (or at a minimum, useful) communication is the largest barrier to winning. its the biggest thing alongside coordination that premades have that solos dont. you cant really help your teammates stop seeing red, but maybe when that loss shield or death timer pops up theyll notice chats and next time not go so ham if you dont seem mad at them.

They want us to TEAM

in PvP

Sebastian.4610

it wasnt intended to be rude, just critical. maybe you should communicate with your team more. and be nice about it. because positive (or at a minimum, useful) communication is the largest barrier to winning. its the biggest thing alongside coordination that premades have that solos dont. you cant really help your teammates stop seeing red, but maybe when that loss shield or death timer pops up theyll notice chats and next time not go so ham if you dont seem mad at them.

Its not a matter of communicating better, its the fact that team pvp in this game isnt enjoyable for me. I don’t like having to team with others just to win, i would prefer to queue by myself and be matched against and with players queued by themselves. No 2,3,4,5 man premades at all. I’ve been solo queuing today and losing every game so far, its just completely bullkitten. I’m apparently a top 100 player according to leaderboards, (top 400 at one point during the previous leaderboards till i stopped palying for a long time) Yet i keep getting complete morons on my team against people queued together, even if its duo’s they our coordinate us and its bullkitten. I cant win the match by myself against premades of any size.

Besides the fact if you type anything in chat most people respond by saying “stop typing and play” along with some other insults.

They want us to TEAM

in PvP

insanemaniac.2456

Its not a matter of communicating better, its the fact that team pvp in this game isnt enjoyable for me. I don’t like having to team with others just to win, i would prefer to queue by myself and be matched against and with players queued by themselves. No 2,3,4,5 man premades at all. I’ve been solo queuing today and losing every game so far, its just completely bullkitten. I’m apparently a top 100 player according to leaderboards, (top 400 at one point during the previous leaderboards till i stopped palying for a long time) Yet i keep getting complete morons on my team against people queued together, even if its duo’s they our coordinate us and its bullkitten. I cant win the match by myself against premades of any size.

Besides the fact if you type anything in chat most people respond by saying “stop typing and play” along with some other insults.

the solo queue leaderboard was openly mocked because of its inaccuracy, or at least the NA one was.

They want us to TEAM

in PvP

Sebastian.4610

the solo queue leaderboard was openly mocked because of its inaccuracy, or at least the NA one was.

I dunno i still had a good time trying to climb it, sure it probly needed a different scoring system. The new leaderboard doesnt even place by skill level, its purely games played. The #1 player is a horrible player, most people think shes a bot.

They want us to TEAM

in PvP

Laserbolt.6731

“The #1 player is a horrible player, most people think shes a bot.”

But apparently her teams do better than expected consistently even though they still lose some.

They want us to TEAM

in PvP

Posted by: Darnis.4056

Darnis.4056

“The #1 player is a horrible player, most people think shes a bot.”

But apparently her teams do better than expected consistently even though they still lose some.

Pretty sure MMR is not consistent with Leaderboards now……
So her MMR could be REALLY REALLY LOW.. but her leaderboard ranking is pretty high, So every time she gets the best team mates to balance out her really kittenty mmr.
Best part of having super Low MMR? Every match up is automatically a match for 3 points and a match which you won’t lose many points even if you get 500-0’d

Will the Real Pink Puma Please stand up?

They want us to TEAM

in PvP

Laserbolt.6731

I dunno, when my MMR sank I got the worst possible teammates.

They want us to TEAM

in PvP

Posted by: Kicast.1459

Kicast.1459

Solo is not possible anymore…80% of defeat (was 50% (what it should be as average player) in solo before) …(close to)never a game with only solo players…always organized synchro team (at least 2 or 3 players) agaisnt solo players.
No more solo queue means no more pvp for me…(or build a team..which I have no time for).
I have no fun being cannon fodder for player having more time to participate in a team.

They want us to TEAM

in PvP

Posted by: Killthehealersffs.8940

Killthehealersffs.8940

Ahh i remember the good old days where some ‘’People….’’ wanted to remove Hotjoins and remake them into a Unranked Ques , where you could join with your friends (2-4 ppl) to relax and have fun .

I am still trying to immagine till now , what would happen if you mixxed solo-new players with cordinated ppls (1-4)
:PPP

They want us to TEAM

in PvP

Posted by: SYPHA.9283

SYPHA.9283

SoloQ is ruined because ANET has decided to listen to the select few they PAY to play in tournaments. They have decided to ignore the vast majority of the PVP community.

I see thread after thread of PVPers asking for Soloq back. I, however, have not seen any threads prior to this update asking for SoloQ to be removed.

Not sure what majority ANET is speaking about when they say, this change was asked for??

Another great game gone to kitten, because the Dev team thinks they know what will move the game forward. So sad.

They want us to TEAM

in PvP

Posted by: SYPHA.9283

SYPHA.9283

Sebastian.

I dont know if the rank 1 players is a bot. I, however, think multiple people use the account. I have weird sleeping patterns, work various schedules…but, everytime i decide to log on, that player is ALWAYS on.

Its either one HUGE coincidence, that they have the exact same schedule as i do…or its being played by multiple players. At one point that player was 80 points ahead of 2nd place. And that was 2 days after reset. Seems suspicious to me.

(edited by SYPHA.9283)

They want us to TEAM

in PvP

Laserbolt.6731

I asked her what ranger build she played and she said she plays 7 different ranger builds. I never thought that it could be friends using the same account.

They want us to TEAM

in PvP

Posted by: Zenos Osgorma.2936

Zenos Osgorma.2936

its true , depending on the team comp i get put with , i used up to currently 3 different builds ,
valk LB+S+D ranger runes
Carrion + Ranger runes Gs+S+D
support Gs, axe+D Carrion Monk runes. all 6,0,2,6,0 just alter the traits to match the weapons.