Thief Buff Tips

Thief Buff Tips

in PvP

Posted by: Vallun.2071

Vallun.2071

There are a few things in HoT that are keeping thief from its former spot in the meta.

1. There are so many passive blocks and evades with revenants and scrappers and mesmers that almost any fight can be stalled for long enough to make the low sustain of the thief detrimental. My suggestion is give some of the utilities and weapon skills like scorpion wire or shadow shot unblockable. This wouldnt increase the damage of the thief but instead make it so people cant just stall out small fights with individual cd rotations. It would give thieves a better role in team fights because they can push through barriers that other classes cant to seal out kills.

2. Boons from eles and revenants and scrappers are too easily spat out. Before bountiful theft was good at focusing a target down because it removed prot and stab, but if you steal prot from a scrapper they just automatically get it back, and eles just have perma prot. Mallyx revenant can do unblockable cleaving spammable (look at all these modifiers) boon strip. Give thieves a more reliable and more consistent boon removal like a trait in crit strikes that removes boons when you hit an enemy. Its not like you need 3 pve traits in the master line anyway. Or make bountiful theft steal more boons.

I realize that thief is very close to being viable, and that giving it buffs may make it overpowered. However, none of these changes would make thief do more damage, just ensure they can deal it when they need to.

~Veillantif

Thief Buff Tips

in PvP

Posted by: infantrydiv.1620

infantrydiv.1620

Thief aint need buff brah l0l nub press 2 more heartseaker hearseaker afk ded

Ranger//Necro

Thief Buff Tips

in PvP

Posted by: jbondo.9817

jbondo.9817

I completely agree with the first point you have seeing as Engi Hammer has a 2s block on 20s rc, sneak gyro, elix S, adaptive armor, rapid regen, as well as 2 stun breaks, so making a few skills unblockable on thief would be fine with me, and make for a better match up seeing how ridiculous marauder engi is.

As far as your second point more boon removal is exactly what we need, and if they made alacrity a boon that’d be great, boon removal would also help with all the passive stab/resistance that many classes have access to.

All in all 9/10
Not 10/10 cuz kitten you

Dusty Dawg

Thief Buff Tips

in PvP

Posted by: opticaldelusion.5078

opticaldelusion.5078

Thief is fine, adapt and l2p. Have you tried playing an actual build like P/P or D/D condi? Because all the noobs I see playing thief are on D/P or Staff which just aren’t viable anymore, seriously the PvP thieves could learn a thing or two from my WvW roaming guild instead of being stuck up

Thief Buff Tips

in PvP

Posted by: Drakhar.1389

Drakhar.1389

I think these are fine changes to bring thief up slightly to where it should be.

The problem is that overall balance will continue to be in a bad place until many things are nerfed. Thief changes won’t be needed if scrapper tempest rev chrono are brought down to where they should be.

Thief Buff Tips

in PvP

Posted by: Akumetsu.8591

Akumetsu.8591

opticaldelusion, d/d condi hasn’t been viable since they nerfed caltrop trait as well as evade nerf on d/d 3 which makes it very easy to line up your burst on a d/d thief thus not good in “high” level play. P/P has never been viable because of its terrible auto attack and no defensive capability :’( unload is strong but can get shutdown by d/p thief using headshot or staff thief jumping on you mid unload. looking at the meta right now us pvpers have no trouble using things that are boring and take no skill to get wins (2 munkers, 2 condi revs and a tempest/druid.) It is not because people have not tried to run these other builds. stuck up would be not using 2 munkers and 2 condi revs <3

One hope, One dream, One Dagger Thief
K U R A Enguard [ENG], Pretty Princess Squad [MEN]

Thief Buff Tips

in PvP

Posted by: Killface.1896

Killface.1896

Thief are in a good balanced spot atm just the OP class need to be tuned down a bit.

Thief Buff Tips

in PvP

Posted by: Leolas.6273

Leolas.6273

Thief are in a good balanced spot atm just the OP class need to be tuned down a bit.

That is not true. Thief has some Skills which are bad, some design flaws which are kitten + A whole traitline that doesn’t make a sense now with daredevil (Acro). Thief lacks at some spots hard. Ah and Build Diversity is also bad, tell me why has every thief Trickery? because it is balanced? lol

Thief Buff Tips

in PvP

Posted by: Rebound.3409

Rebound.3409

Why make it hard for them? Why not just…u know….remove thief from pvp as a class. Even better..insta-ban anyone who queues with a thief in pvp. Would solve all problems instantly.

God…you ppl come up with the most tedious stuff.

Don’t worry you will be forgiven if you buy something from the gemstore.

Thief Buff Tips

in PvP

Posted by: Vieux P.1238

Vieux P.1238

What would make it better is that thief auto 1 & skill’s, 1 shots mesmers no matter what. No blocs & frenzy evades. That would be well balance.

Thief Buff Tips

in PvP

Drakhar.1389

That is not true. Thief has some Skills which are bad, some design flaws which are kitten + A whole traitline that doesn’t make a sense now with daredevil (Acro). Thief lacks at some spots hard. Ah and Build Diversity is also bad, tell me why has every thief Trickery? because it is balanced? lol

So you’re complaining about problems literally every class has. The point of the post is that it’s stuff Anet might actually do

Thief Buff Tips

in PvP

Drakhar.1389

So you’re complaining about problems literally every class has except for Revenant. It would be great if everyone had build diversity but lets just start by balancing classes in relation to each other and making gameplay fun.

Thief Buff Tips

in PvP

Posted by: Aeroxe.8140

Aeroxe.8140

Thief is fine, adapt and l2p. Have you tried playing an actual build like P/P or D/D condi? Because all the noobs I see playing thief are on D/P or Staff which just aren’t viable anymore, seriously the PvP thieves could learn a thing or two from my WvW roaming guild instead of being stuck up

Well this won’t end well.

Thief (main), ele, guard
Past member of most teams NA. Retired proleague season 1+2.
http://www.twitch.tv/aeroxe

Thief Buff Tips

in PvP

Posted by: Vornollo.5182

Vornollo.5182

Good luck playing something like that in organised groups. I’ve fought thieves like that both in PvP and WvW (duels, GvG’s, roaming, standard sPvP, you name it) and these kind of thieves are just not effective. They got 0 sustain, escapes or proper defenses that you simply need, not to mention running with both P/P & D/D would obliterate your mobility.
Let’s also not forget how a simple properly timed Headshot completely shuts builds like that down.

My guess is that you don’t play on any notable skill level in either WvW or PvP…

Anyhow, do Thieves need buffs? No.
Do Thieves need fixes? Definitely yes. Plenty of stuff that’s just not working as they were claimed to be intended (like where the kitten is that 10% buff to Withdraw..?).
Do other classes need tuning/toning (down)? Yes. And it’s not even as bad in PvP as it is in WvW… Where’s the Balance Patch we were promised? It’s getting high time for some proper balancing. And no, not perfect balance (that’s boring) but the current state of the game is ridiculous, risk vs reward is non-existent as you don’t have to risk anything for a high reward with certain classes/builds.
It’s very, very tedious to be a Thief main right now

[PUSH] Constant Pressure

Thief Buff Tips

in PvP

Posted by: Vallun.2071

Vallun.2071

oh hey look what changes are happening to basi venom next patch