Thief HS Spam

Thief HS Spam

in PvP

Posted by: Fellknight.4820

Fellknight.4820

If I logged into a game with a Guest Pass trying to decide if I should buy it or not.

Then my first match I watch one guy press a button over and over again to score max points. I’d never buy the game. That is literally all the top thief used for attacks beside Haste Steal/mug Backstab when not on CD. He spammed a homing ability with the highest single hit dmg besides BS for the LOWEST INNIATIVE COST! Because skirmisher/defender/assaulter is rewarded on last hit and not majority dmg he easily maxed out pts by pressing a button.

Sadly I didn’t get to see this before I bought the game, I bought the game thinking I was buying an MMO from a highly reputable company. Not one dev’s personal playground for his favorite class.

Attachments:

Thief HS Spam

in PvP

Posted by: MistyMountains.3751

MistyMountains.3751

And yet I almost never die to newb thieves who spam HS…must be a serious serious problem…I know you could learn to counter baddies instead of QQing otherwise youll never play any game

Thief HS Spam

in PvP

Posted by: Eduardo.4675

Eduardo.4675

3 things really hilarious about this post:

1-Seeing Jumper on his (probably) newly made necro getting brutally stomped, he is the highest ranked player by a huge margin there (rank 54);
2-Seeing that the OP, in early threads, declared being rank 30 (and that was a while ago), when in reality he is rank 29, what a lying little critter;
3-Seeing that the best player in the OP team was a RANK 1 (i repeat, rank one) Ranger (yes, a ranger); this guy has gotten his game from his parents for christmas and already is better than the OP!!

Adapt or die. I never die.

Thief HS Spam

in PvP

Eduardo.4675

Another thing i just noticed: in this screenie, the OP is killed by a backstab perpetrated by the player with the lowest score in the other team. Just about anyone stomps this man, roflmao! and to think that the OP has declared before never to die to thieves!

Thief HS Spam

in PvP

Posted by: Stiv.1820

Stiv.1820

Heartseeker noobs. At first you hate them, then you love them!

Thief HS Spam

in PvP

Posted by: MrHellfire.6950

MrHellfire.6950

And yet I almost never die to newb thieves who spam HS…must be a serious serious problem…I know you could learn to counter baddies instead of QQing otherwise youll never play any game

And obviously if you say that it is not a problem then it must not be.
Do you realize that you never even addressed anything in his post ?
I personally do not care about what you THINK so unless you have something to ADD, please don’t bother.

Thank you.

Thief HS Spam

in PvP

Posted by: Dual.8953

Dual.8953

Heartseeker noobs. At first you hate them, then you love them!

I skipped the first step. First game as my S/S Warrior, poor little thieves didn’t know that hit them.

Registered Altaholic
Part-time Kittenposter

Thief HS Spam

in PvP

Posted by: Nettle.9025

Nettle.9025

It wouldn’t hurt my feelings to see HS get a little bit more toned down, but I also believe haste is a huge issue as well.

Full disclosure… I main thief in tourney, I have no trouble at all playing against HS spammers either on my thief or another class, and personally find it not hard to handle at all. I find the class decently balanced in the higher end, but it poses issues for newer players.

I could go on like some of you saying QQ L2P noob, but the honest truth is I understand how the thief class is a huge turn off for casuals and newbies. A new thief can go into hotjoin spamming 2 and beat the majority of people there. The required skill to execute (none) vs the required skill to avoid 5-6 HS in a row has too large a gap.

As someone who has no trouble at all playing against this, I still wouldn’t mind seeing it modified a bit to discourage new pvpers from leaving spvp the first time they get stomped by it. A strong casual base helps pvp, and this kind of skill can chase that base off.

And if you just want tips on how to lol at any HS thief that attacks you… the most straight forward way is chill/cripple/KB. Those are the bane of any kind of melee. Also any possible way for well timed extra dodges (vigor, weapon/util evades) or invulnerability while the thief dumps their entire initiative pool doing nothing works as well. If you can avoid 3 or 4 heartseekers from a spammer, they are ini starved and easy pickings.

Badding up tourneys since 2012
NA tPvP – Elementalist – Thief

Thief HS Spam

in PvP

Posted by: daydream.2938

daydream.2938

1. dodge.
2. roll an elementalist and just laugh.

A thief doing this wil lburn through his initative, if you dodge, once his energy is spent he is done for.

Thief HS Spam

in PvP

Eduardo.4675

1. dodge.
2. roll an elementalist and just laugh.

A thief doing this wil lburn through his initative, if you dodge, once his energy is spent he is done for.

The thing, daydream, is that the OP IS AN ELEMENTALIST… his name is The Scarlet Wind, he should have 10 points into water for vigor and regen upon use of cantrips (at least ten points, although i advise full 30) and another 30 in arcana, get at least 2 cantrips (with one being the teleport one and the other the obvious mist), and use the trait renewing stamina, for vigor upon crits (33% chance), this will give him perma vigor and perma lol at heartseeker spammers… Thats why i rated his post hilarious, just look at screen shot and take a glimpse at the chat panel,the ongoing talk is self explanatory. PPLs will never learn and adapt. Then they die.

Thief HS Spam

in PvP

Posted by: Ashumet.8674

Ashumet.8674

Step 1: Dodge, use cc, reflect, block, etc…
Step 2: Profit

Your screenshot proves nothing, except that your team lost.

Jumper, it would please us all if you just quit making a post for everytime you lose a game to someone who is better then you. Thieves are annoying little girls, I agree, but if you just press the right buttons you’ll notice that you can mostly beat them. Every profession has something what makes it require skill to face it. Mesmers have shatters and illusions, Guardians are hard to kill, Elementalists have high mobility/survivability, warrior has 100b, etc…
Thieves have a deadly, super high damage output for a short time, but usually make up for that by having very low survivability once they get knocked or disrupted.
So learn to live with it. I don’t have a problem facing them on both my necro and my mesmer.

Thief HS Spam

in PvP

Posted by: Sprawl.3891

Sprawl.3891

wow I don’t think I’ve ever lost that bad in hotjoin or even 5v4 vs a premade in tourney lol

Sprawl – Necro – Eredon Terrace

Thief HS Spam

in PvP

Posted by: Rezz.8019

Rezz.8019

eles are op, his score was highest

Thief HS Spam

in PvP

Posted by: Shukran.4851

Shukran.4851

ok, as thief i considered the idea of reducing HS range. i think the autoaiming is ok, the damage is SOMEWAY ok. but the range imho, is not so ok. i understand if you cripple a thief or chill him, he will waste initiative just to spam HS, but maybe a little less range (WIKI says: range 450, i just think 400 would be a start , then anet can always go back to initial 450 if it is not good).

or at least try to make it ground target (but aoe damage).

im just talking about thief’s HS right now, and i am thief. idk about any other build/class/mechanic.

Thief HS Spam

in PvP

Posted by: NaturalPortman.9562

NaturalPortman.9562

thieves still use haste and heart seeker spam?

(im a girl btw)

Thief HS Spam

in PvP

Shukran.4851

rangers can use quickness with shortbow and longbow and they put a kittenload of damage just by 1spam. at 1200 range!!! 1111111111111

Thief HS Spam

in PvP

Posted by: NaturalPortman.9562

NaturalPortman.9562

rangers can use quickness with shortbow and longbow and they put a kittenload of damage just by 1spam. at 1200 range!!! 1111111111111

Not really, just strafe left and right there goes all his damage.

(im a girl btw)

Thief HS Spam

in PvP

Posted by: Invision.1307

Invision.1307

A noob thief can spam HS as much as they want, but only noob enemies get killed by that. I barely even use HS, and that’s to either travel faster (with no enemies in sight) if I’m not using a SB, but also some few times in combos.

“Gotta laugh at Eduardo’s post”.. haah

“Heart Of The [MIST” – Guild Leader

Thief HS Spam

in PvP

Posted by: Jumper.9482

Jumper.9482

1-Seeing Jumper on his (probably) newly made necro getting brutally stomped, he is the highest ranked player by a huge margin there (rank 54);

-200 games on Necro.
-76% Win rate (6% higher than Thief). Mostly hotjoins. (43/52, 83% for Tournies)
-It’s pretty hard to get a decent score when you get put on the losing team with 1 minute left.
Don’t take things out of context.

https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/pvp/pvp/Jump-s-Ultimate-PvP-Teef-Wishlist-Jump-Doc/
Winner of Curse’s NA Masters Tournament
twitch.tv/loljumper

Thief HS Spam

in PvP

Posted by: Poxxia.1547

Poxxia.1547

… To follow up on Jumpers post: Do we really know if that ranger is level 1 or does he have 2 accounts? It has happened before.
But HS in general … well … HS used correctly doesn’t strike me as being UP; quite the contrary: Leap finisher with solid damage when used correctly and gap-closer .. what more do you want? While a HS-spammer may seem easy to beat it is not that HS is bad, but more that it indicates the level of understanding the player who spams HS has.

Thief HS Spam

in PvP

Eduardo.4675

-200 games on Necro.
-76% Win rate (6% higher than Thief). Mostly hotjoins. (43/52, 83% for Tournies)
-It’s pretty hard to get a decent score when you get put on the losing team with 1 minute left.
Don’t take things out of context.

It should be pretty obvious that my comment was aimed at being humorous, and that is because the OP is a notorious customer of the CRY SHOP; the thief shelf in the store has literally ran out of QQ threads due to the actions of this man alone, he dies and cries like a Barbie in all of his hotjoin matches where there are thieves (basically all games). However, since you seem to have a distinct absence of sense of humor (despite ur pittyful attempts with all ur guardian videos, etc. and consequent threads), i will indulge MYSELF in responding to you.

You said that i was out of context, but what do you mean? you were stomped brutally (500-63), that is NOT debatable, one only needs 1 functioning eye to see that on the screen; that is my case, my right eye is what you english speakers call “lazy eye”, so it only took my left eye to aknowledge this reality.
You are the highest ranked player in that match, again NOT debatable, one only needs a brain that knows the basics of the decimal numeration system, despite this being a computer game and computers use mostly the binary system, the truth is that most players need something to confort their big e-pins and thus works as some sort of reassurance, thats why we use the decimal system instead of binary, after all 54 is a number very “kitten conforting” when compared to 36, how could you have a sense of reassurance if ur rank was 10110, while that other guys was 100100?
The necro part, which you are quoting, contains a parentheses, that i strategically put there just to defend myself in case i came across a guy with a whooping total of 200 games played on a necro, see, i only saw ur thief videos, and the ocasional guardian troll video, i never saw you playing a necro before, thats why i thought you were a “newly made necro”, but, just in case, i slammed a “probably” in there, even i can be wrong sometimes (very rare cases, though).
However, on the score part, there is no way on earth that i could have known that you just entered the game with 1 minute left to play, i apologize for that, you made a lot in 60 seconds, scoring 30 points and considering the distance one has to travel from base to any place where the action is and score some kills and cap some points to total those 30 points is a lot of work. Unless they were spawn camping you. Oh wait, 500-63?

PS: I have a swim cap that looks a lot like the “bonnet” you use on ur videos, i allways have a sense of relief when i finish my swimming sessions: “uuf, finally, back to handsome again.”

Thief HS Spam

in PvP

Posted by: Bunzy.8674

Bunzy.8674

tbh they should make HS like hundred blades in regard to the fact you can’t move while casting it.

Bunzy – I’m a mother father gentleman
Maguuma
WvW Roaming Videos

Thief HS Spam

in PvP

Posted by: Lukin.4061

Lukin.4061

This topic again, from the same person – will you be ignoring arguments again, and just blatantly keep writing the same nonsense? Because that was so much fun the last time…

P.S. HS spam does not kill anyone that has a basic knowledge of the game , since you know it does not do any significant dmg if you have 100% hp it is only useful as a finisher.

Thief HS Spam

in PvP

Posted by: arrownin.3128

arrownin.3128

OP is lying. He is The Scarlet Wind, which of whom is shown to be rank 29 in the scoreboards. He didn’t JUST buy the game, he already has it. I don’t even care to contribute anymore because I absolutely despise liars.

Thief HS Spam

in PvP

Shukran.4851

This topic again, from the same person – will you be ignoring arguments again, and just blatantly keep writing the same nonsense? Because that was so much fun the last time…

P.S. HS spam does not kill anyone that has a basic knowledge of the game , since you know it does not do any significant dmg if you have 100% hp it is only useful as a finisher.

guys, if u watch carefully this thread is old. i only used it because i didnt want to flood the forum with useless threads. but ofc we are all good to ask for nerf tp other professions while ours is always balanced.
i, as thief, had an idea about making HS a little more less easy to spam. i failed at discussion

Thief HS Spam

in PvP

Posted by: Solori.6025

Solori.6025

If I logged into a game with a Guest Pass trying to decide if I should buy it or not.

Then my first match I watch one guy press a button over and over again to score max points. I’d never buy the game. That is literally all the top thief used for attacks beside Haste Steal/mug Backstab when not on CD. He spammed a homing ability with the highest single hit dmg besides BS for the LOWEST INNIATIVE COST! Because skirmisher/defender/assaulter is rewarded on last hit and not majority dmg he easily maxed out pts by pressing a button.

Sadly I didn’t get to see this before I bought the game, I bought the game thinking I was buying an MMO from a highly reputable company. Not one dev’s personal playground for his favorite class.

I remember an ele that would join Hotjoins and tell his team to zerg with him, then when they start losing he starts trash talking his teammates..

That wouldnt be you perchance would it -.-

The world needs more KUNG FURY!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bS5P_LAqiVg

Thief HS Spam

in PvP

Posted by: Dee Jay.2460

Dee Jay.2460

No question, Heartseeker is far too effective considering it’s relatively low cost.

Of course it’s easy to counter if you expect it but 10k damage in 3 seconds for 6 Initiative and each with 450 range is still going to catch you regularly.

Thief HS Spam

in PvP

Posted by: Solori.6025

Solori.6025

No question, Heartseeker is far too effective considering it’s relatively low cost.

Of course it’s easy to counter if you expect it but 10k damage in 3 seconds for 6 Initiative and each with 450 range is still going to catch you regularly.

….10k?!

..you mean when your preoccupied, and at 45% HP, the you get hit with someones GC +1, that kills you….

Question…
Is the thief the only one capable of killing someone already preoccupied with low health?

Cause as a thief, your not hitting 10k with HS alone, unless your fighting someone who made a glass cannon ele with 13k hp.

The world needs more KUNG FURY!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bS5P_LAqiVg

Thief HS Spam

in PvP

Posted by: Mirakk.5904

Mirakk.5904

Guys, this is clearly a troll post. Look at that score.

LOOK AT IT.

15 points? You’re not even playing the game! Was that your first match? You know you have to stand on the little circles, right?