Thief PvP

Thief PvP

in PvP

Posted by: Daunt.8239

Daunt.8239

Since you guys are on the subject of eventually allowing thieves to 1v1 something other then other thieves some day… Just wanted to point out Sword #2, the after-cast-delay is so long, you can’t really do anything while they’re immobilized from it! xD

So it’s kinda like, “Okay, you stay here while we both recover from me immobilizing you for the 1 second”

Thief PvP

in PvP

Posted by: BurrTheKing.8571

BurrTheKing.8571

…I’m not quite sure I understand you.

When it comes to 1v1s though, it looks like Thieves are going to come back as one of the best classes for it. Saw a staff Thief that basically did little else than use Dust Strike and auto attacks for their main rotation and won basically every fight. If they had resistance they would just swap sets and go stealth until it ran out then continue repeatedly blinding.

They were also fairly tough for a thief. CC was also minimally effective.

Just an angry old man…

Old Man Burr (War), Bad Hat Ben (Engi), Manly Manny Manson (Guard)

Thief PvP

in PvP

Posted by: Azukas.1426

Azukas.1426

When it comes to 1v1s though, it looks like Thieves are going to come back as one of the best classes for it. Saw a staff Thief that basically did little else than use Dust Strike and auto attacks for their main rotation and won basically every fight. If they had resistance they would just swap sets and go stealth until it ran out then continue repeatedly blinding.

Staff and DP is not a viable set in any sort of competitive play. Staff + DP using paladin amulet even more so.

On some of my classes there are builds which are stupid OP in terms of 1v1 but they are not tournament viable. This is a good thing because what do you get when you make the most OP 1v1 builds tournament viable?

ChronoPhantasma shatter..

Thief PvP

in PvP

Posted by: BurrTheKing.8571

BurrTheKing.8571

Staff and DP is not a viable set in any sort of competitive play. Staff + DP using paladin amulet even more so.

On some of my classes there are builds which are stupid OP in terms of 1v1 but they are not tournament viable. This is a good thing because what do you get when you make the most OP 1v1 builds tournament viable?

ChronoPhantasma shatter..

I don’t disagree but I WAS talking purely about 1v1 servers. Yes, while they are fairly insignificant in the grand scheme of the game as someone who likes to practice 1v1s it gets really annoying facing nothing but Thieves and Mesmers. My War build actually beats Mes and can beat Thieves if they mess up but if it catches on I’m going to start ignoring those servers again.

OP seems to be under the impression that Thieves are weak in 1v1s but they don’t have to be.

Just an angry old man…

Old Man Burr (War), Bad Hat Ben (Engi), Manly Manny Manson (Guard)

Thief PvP

in PvP

Posted by: Daunt.8239

Daunt.8239

Not sure where you guys stand. I’m a legendary thief. I got there solo que 10 days after rank season opened up this last season. Not something to scoff at specially considering the state of us then. We aren’t viable in tournaments and best build options in and out of tournament settings, even wvw builds, are telling us to avoid all 1v1’s.

Now on the matter of how you are speaking. It’s not a judgement of if a thief can win 1v1’s. It’s the comparison of skill needed to beat said opponents of what skill level.

POINT: In other words… I don’t care if you saw a thief win a 1v1, I do it all the time, it’s also not the subject at hand. There are more variables surrounding it then what a foolish man is personally perceiving in your little box which isn’t even the box we’re speaking on. Thieves being weak is already established and not to be argued here. I was pointing out something developers could tweak since they’ve already acknowledged the fact you’re arguing against.

(edited by Daunt.8239)

Thief PvP

in PvP

Posted by: blakkrskyrr.7413

blakkrskyrr.7413

I think the main point is the delay after using sword 2 and that it needs reworked. Sure, that has something to do with 1v1’s, but it’s not the reason for his post.