Thief hate this season already

in PvP

Posted by: Saiyan.1704

Saiyan.1704

Thieves are hated in every season. They’re hated in off season too. We always hate them.

aka FalseLights
#5 best gerdien in wurld

in PvP

Posted by: Kokoro.8437

Kokoro.8437

Thief is the worst class for solo queue especially if your MMR is higher than your team’s average. This is because as others have stated, the other 4 of your team need to be somewhat competent for a thief to do well. A good thief can get all the decaps and +1s in the world, but if his team mates can’t hold any nodes, the game is lost.

Thief however, is probably the best class for duoqueue, as you gain a reliable ally that can control nodes for the thief and allows the thief to roam freely.

Miyoshinono, Yama no Akikaze Sayofukete, Furusato Samuku, Koromo Utsu Nari.

in PvP

Posted by: draxynnic.3719

draxynnic.3719

One of the many things that a tutorial in this game needs is roles. People should know what the main roles are, and which professions are superior for each role (yes, an ele can roam, but no where near as effectively as a thief or mesmer). Also, there could be an indicator at the beginning of the match, where people can indicate their roles.

Better yet… when they queue. That could give the matchmaker another data point for at least attempting to make balanced teams.

On the OP…

It pretty much is as people have been saying. Thief is one of the professions in the game that has the greatest degree of variability in effectiveness. A good thief is a huge asset, while a bad thief is a liability. Most people have had more experience with bad thieves than good ones, so seeing more thieves in your lineup than the enemy team’s lineup is generally a bad sign.

Most professions, including the Voted Most Likely To Receive A Red Crosshair necromancer, will at least make a decent contribution as long as the player isn’t too easily baited to fight in irrelevant locations. Thieves need a higher game to pull their weight.

To those who think Scarlet hate means she’s succeeded as a villain:
People don’t hate Scarlet like Game of Thrones fans hate Joffrey.
They hate her the way Star Wars fans hate Jar Jar Binks.

in PvP

Posted by: apharma.3741

apharma.3741

One of the many things that a tutorial in this game needs is roles. People should know what the main roles are, and which professions are superior for each role (yes, an ele can roam, but no where near as effectively as a thief or mesmer). Also, there could be an indicator at the beginning of the match, where people can indicate their roles.

Better yet… when they queue. That could give the matchmaker another data point for at least attempting to make balanced teams.

On the OP…

It pretty much is as people have been saying. Thief is one of the professions in the game that has the greatest degree of variability in effectiveness. A good thief is a huge asset, while a bad thief is a liability. Most people have had more experience with bad thieves than good ones, so seeing more thieves in your lineup than the enemy team’s lineup is generally a bad sign.

Most professions, including the Voted Most Likely To Receive A Red Crosshair necromancer, will at least make a decent contribution as long as the player isn’t too easily baited to fight in irrelevant locations. Thieves need a higher game to pull their weight.

Agreed somewhat, both thief and mesmer need to have then player skill but more importantly the map awareness to make those game winning plays. It’s one of the reasons I didn’t play mesmer in PvP as I’m not good enough at map awareness to fulfill that role even if mechanically I’d be decent at the class.

Heck most thieves don’t even need to be good just to know what their role is and play to that role, it’s the absolute strongest at the +1 role so it’s not like you need to be Sindrener especially if the other team has no thief.

in PvP

Posted by: skoobydoo.9246

skoobydoo.9246

I find the majority of time I lose on Thief, it’s less because I didn’t do my job properly but because my team was trying to do my job for me, forcing me into situations I shouldn’t have to handle as a teef. Of course, I know I could always do better and ultimately if I was truly skilled I could carry a bad team and work around teammates like that, but I always end up getting blamed by these people.

It is just as much my responsibility as a Thief to do my job and know my role in PvP, as it is my teammates job to know how to utilize me properly. Adjust to the Thief on your comp. Trust they will do their job, and if they don’t, then you can blame them.

you just point out the main problem with thief.not only you need to be good and you need to know what to do as thief but your team aswell must adjust to the fact you are a thief.there is no any other class in the game that require so much so he can be playable.what i mean is if you have any other class on thief spot you are free to do whatever you like.but if its thief….you are force to adjust to him…and that dont give you any advantage in the game or anything just make the class playable.

(edited by skoobydoo.9246)