Thief stealth mechanics flawed.

in PvP

Posted by: leashmaygoss.2140

leashmaygoss.2140

Thief enters stealth. Thief pre-casts Backstab then casts Steal on target landing Steal (not getting revealed) and then Backstab.

How is this possible? The mechanics are just flawed, not a rendering issue here. Needs a urgent fix as it is very game breaking and alot of people are discovering/already discovered this trick.

Heads up: a couple of players are using macros to achieve exploiting this.

Feel free to discuss, thank you.

Someone that actually cares about the health of the game.

EDIT: The person that found this and showed me the whole thing agrees that this is a problem and should be fixed. That person also mains thief.

Hiba
Booty Bakery [yumy]
Engineer

(edited by leashmaygoss.2140)

in PvP

Posted by: MindlessRuff.1948

MindlessRuff.1948

You do not need a macro to press 1 > F1…… People have been doing this for ages with C&D into Backstab. The only problem I see is the trait which gives Steal so much damage. That should have been nerfed, not C&D.

in PvP

leashmaygoss.2140

Oh true, mechanics are actually legit. true.

This thread is now about cats.

Attachments:

Hiba
Booty Bakery [yumy]
Engineer

in PvP

Posted by: painHV.3968

painHV.3968

Why hasn’t this issue been fixed yet? For ages thieves have been pre-casting+steal and still no word from devs.

in PvP

Posted by: Kirmora.4976

Kirmora.4976

/Kirmora’s omnipotent signet of approval

“Success is a mind Game "

Killswiittch -Thief

in PvP

Posted by: Bren Ranger.3725

Bren Ranger.3725

I think you will find they are pre casting CnD with steal.. Steal will hit first, then CnD into a basckstab.

Edit: Working as intented IMO. Thieves are a burst class.. We burst..

/Thread.

[HARD] ~Isle of Janthir~ Commander.
Bren the Ele
80: Thief, Mesmer, Ranger, Ele, Warrior.

in PvP

Posted by: Kousetsu.1627

Kousetsu.1627

Legit mechanic, all classes can do this who have a teleport ability. on my Ele i always port my 10k churning earth on top of unsuspecting players with lightning flash. on my mesmer if sometimes port myself on top of my target for a unsuspected quad shatter.

in PvP

leashmaygoss.2140

I don’t think you understand how the thief mechanics work. there is no need to use C&D to pull this move and it is a totally different case.

Hiba
Booty Bakery [yumy]
Engineer

in PvP

Posted by: Rolyate.6753

Rolyate.6753

Without burst, what is a thief?

It’s easily countered through movement, blocking or break stuns.

Rolyate
How do you pronounce your name?

in PvP

leashmaygoss.2140

You do not seem to understand the case.

Read correctly before posting.

Hiba
Booty Bakery [yumy]
Engineer

in PvP

Kousetsu.1627

so please educate me, im a mainly a ele player now, but i have over 600 tournament wins and over 80 QP from paids, wich are 80% won by my thief.

it just sounds incredibly dumb to first stealth yourself, precast BS, steal, risk getting revealed while the cloak and dagger, steal, BS combo has like a failrate 0% if your target isent dodging around AND will do more damage, because of CnD.

but yeah, giving up your stealth heal or refuge right away sounds like a pro tactic to me to. /looool

but by all means, nerf it. It will not affect how thieves function or play right now.

in PvP

leashmaygoss.2140

Exactly, it will not affect how most thieves function right now. You still don’t understand how this combo works but that’s fine.

Hiba
Booty Bakery [yumy]
Engineer

in PvP

Kousetsu.1627

Because its dumb to use, why nerf yourself in damage AND put a Utility skill on CD, just to get a BS off?

in PvP

Posted by: MindlessRuff.1948

MindlessRuff.1948

Exactly, it will not affect how most thieves function right now. You still don’t understand how this combo works but that’s fine.

You are saying that leaving stealth should cancel out the backstab animation, which is quite ludicrous in my opinion. As long as the thief starts the cast in stealth, the ability should still go off, it is not like backstab can be spammed and as long as you are moving around and not standing still like an idiot you can avoid the next burst (of course you need a stun breaker if they use basilisk venom but that is fair).

in PvP

Posted by: Void.4239

Void.4239

hello evry1

Explain to me plz how backstab ( 1.5 k tooltip dps from back )
Can be turned into a 10k hit cause of a few stacks of might and vuln. ?

I just cant see how a 500 extra power can make it go from a 5 k crit to a 10 k crit
2000 power = 5 k crit
2500 power = 10 k crit ???

Tooltip = 1.5 k dps , axual dps = 10 k ( just smells like something is bugging here maybe the tooltip ? )

Dont get me wrong my main is a thief , but playing the class just feels like there something unfair about them compared to others ( mostly cause of the steal precast)

i woud suggest not to allow precast while another skill is executing.
or at least make it so that non channeled skills can not go above 8 k crit( 50% of total HP of target)

it removes the option for a 1.5 sec kill combo and it will make people axualy make other builds on thief then just “backstab build” and “constant cloak pistol build”

or at least it will require more skill of the thief to still use these combo’s
evry1 that doesn’t agree with my solution is afraid he’ll loos the upperhand.

cheerz

in PvP

Posted by: MarzAttakz.9608

MarzAttakz.9608

How long is the precast on backstab that it can land in the steal timeframe? Must have super low latency for this to work since steal isn’t instantaneous teleport on my screen. Just trying to understand what you’re saying. Is Mug traited too? (which should break stealth).

YOU KNOW THERE AIN’T NO REST FOR THE WICKED, TILL WE CLOSE OUR EYES FOR GOOD.

Once proud member of Extraordinary Gentlemen [EXG]{DESO4LIFE}

in PvP

leashmaygoss.2140

Yes, mug is traited. The precast is short but long enough to be timed perfectly with decent latency & practice.

Hiba
Booty Bakery [yumy]
Engineer

in PvP

leashmaygoss.2140

good luck getting esports if it is intentional with mechanics like this

edit: @lupercaled; I don’t think you get the point that pre-casting backstab which requires you to be stealth and then casting steal which is supposed to reveal you therefore backstab is not supposed to work. It has nothing to do with pre-cast + instant cast teleport.

Hiba
Booty Bakery [yumy]
Engineer

(edited by leashmaygoss.2140)

in PvP

Posted by: Wise.8025

Wise.8025

I don’t like getting burst down by a thief in less than 1 second either, but I really don’t think thief needs a damage nerf. I like there mechanics quite a bit in fact but feel they need some more options when changes come. The real problem I have with thief is that their ability to win through attrition is ridiculous. A thief can easily 1 v 10 in wvw fully expecting to never get killed through the use of their stealth. They pop out and burst somebody to death then hide and finish them, or start on the next person. There’s no way to prevent them from going back into stealth and killing again and again. I have died so many times to thieves in wvw that I have never even seen because they don’t render until I’m dead. Even when I know they’re near by there’s little to nothing I can do even with support/friends on chat.

In pvp where they have fewer places to run and hide while stealthed it’s not quite as bad but it still sucks as a mesmer. I don’t really have any aoe’s to deal with the thief and what I do have requires a target, I don’t even have a weapon I can swing around in the air in the hopes of hitting the thief like some classes do.

In short some aspect has to change but I don’t feel that thief damage needs a nerf.

2 two things about thief that I have an axe to grind are the stealth mechanics and ridiculous movement mechanics behind heartseeker, but if I had to choose one it would be to fix stealth and see how thief fares after that.

in PvP

leashmaygoss.2140

@I did say read correctly before posting, this is not QQ for a damage nerf, but a mechanic fix.

Hiba
Booty Bakery [yumy]
Engineer

in PvP

leashmaygoss.2140

not fail, but be a basic attack instead.

Hiba
Booty Bakery [yumy]
Engineer

in PvP

leashmaygoss.2140

If this post is in the wrong section, a moderator shall move it.

I play a mesmer too, by the way.

Hiba
Booty Bakery [yumy]
Engineer

in PvP

Posted by: Jumper.9482

Jumper.9482

Old. Most people use CnD Steal Stab because, although it gives the target 0.25 seconds to react, it will do enough dmg (if air procs and everything crits) to kill most glass builds.
Stab steal is instant, however, the target will be left with an average of 3k hp which requires a heartseeker to execute. Heartseeker is a 0.75 second cast. This makes this opener far too unreliable.
However, it is my personal philosophy that no class should 100% another without giving at least a 0.15-0.2 sec window to react. 99% instant is fine. 500% with 0.25sec delay is fine. 100% instant is not.

https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/pvp/pvp/Jump-s-Ultimate-PvP-Teef-Wishlist-Jump-Doc/
Winner of Curse’s NA Masters Tournament
twitch.tv/loljumper

in PvP

Posted by: Aleth.9630

Aleth.9630

BRAH, because theres a trait that stealths you after you use STEAL on top of that, if you have hidden killer traited GG to that son of a b, I don’t play a thief and I know this.

stealth > backstab > steal > backstab > lights out

Too bad that you get ‘Revealed’ in the middle of that combo and the 2nd stealth will fail. Please stop posting about professions you don’t know.

hello evry1

Explain to me plz how backstab ( 1.5 k tooltip dps from back )
Can be turned into a 10k hit cause of a few stacks of might and vuln. ?

I just cant see how a 500 extra power can make it go from a 5 k crit to a 10 k crit
2000 power = 5 k crit
2500 power = 10 k crit ???

Tooltip = 1.5 k dps , axual dps = 10 k ( just smells like something is bugging here maybe the tooltip ? )

Dont get me wrong my main is a thief , but playing the class just feels like there something unfair about them compared to others ( mostly cause of the steal precast)

i woud suggest not to allow precast while another skill is executing.
or at least make it so that non channeled skills can not go above 8 k crit( 50% of total HP of target)

it removes the option for a 1.5 sec kill combo and it will make people axualy make other builds on thief then just “backstab build” and “constant cloak pistol build”

or at least it will require more skill of the thief to still use these combo’s
evry1 that doesn’t agree with my solution is afraid he’ll loos the upperhand.

cheerz

Tooltips were never accurate. You also forgot two things: crits and traits.

• Thieves have over 60% bonus crit damage to the 50% base.
  • Thieves have: 10% more damage if the target has a condition, 10% more damage if above 6 initiative, 20% more if target’s below 50%, 5% more dagger damage

Do your math

and btw, this ‘10k’ is just pulled from people’s kitten, only way to get that high is Signet power build. I rarely ever go higher than 6k crits with it.

(edited by Aleth.9630)