Thiefs overbuffed, extremly OP

in PvP

Posted by: glock.6590

glock.6590

Basilik venom is only 40 sec cooldown now . This is a game breaking change. Thiefs are now the most OP class in the game.

Source: Thief
•Reduced the recharge of venom abilities from 45 seconds to 40 seconds.

6’4’’ Master Race. I am Above You.

in PvP

Posted by: Acandis.3250

Acandis.3250

nerf pls.

in PvP

Posted by: evilapprentice.6379

evilapprentice.6379

Thanks Anet for this 11% cooldown buff venom’s got.

That’ll surely fix the issue of venom’s being underpowered due to their interaction with venomous aura, and all the other problems that come with requiring 5 traits and a bar full of venoms with no stunbreaks or condi cleanses to be useful.

If you’re a thief and haven’t
pre-ordered HOT at this point,
save yourself the money and don’t bother.

(edited by evilapprentice.6379)

in PvP

Posted by: masskillerxploit.2165

masskillerxploit.2165

Omg I was thinking the same way about condi mesmer. They keep buffing it. Kappa.

Ferox, multiclass’r, ESL’r
Team Lead For Radioactive [dK] B Team

in PvP

Posted by: style.6173

style.6173

lol. @OP nice troll post.

in PvP

Posted by: Flumek.9043

Flumek.9043

wow, i totaly forgot that was for all venoms, definetly not what teef needed

PvP guild [YUM] -apply- (EU) http://muffinspvp.shivtr.com/

in PvP

Posted by: cheese.4739

cheese.4739

Ah kitten, every other class got similarly OP buffs, too. Massive power creep. Ohno.

in PvP

Posted by: dylan.5409

dylan.5409

Oh yay,
finally i get to face more pistol cond thieves
such a test of skill and reflexes and tactics
./vomit

in PvP

Posted by: Gimp.9460

Gimp.9460

Thanks Anet for this 11% cooldown buff venom’s got.

That’ll surely fix the issue of venom’s being underpowered due to their interaction with venomous aura, and all the other problems that come with requiring 5 traits and a bar full of venoms with no stunbreaks or condi cleanses to be useful.

But..but.. 5 seconds

Particle effect slider would be ‘too confusing’

in PvP

Posted by: bluri.2653

bluri.2653

gg its over nerf to oblivion

Sindrener – Rank55 Dragons/Orange Logo/Team Aggression
http://www.twitch.tv/sindrenerr

in PvP

Posted by: SaintSnow.6593

SaintSnow.6593

For some reason I think anet forgot basi was a venom. I mean yea it’s 5 seconds but that elite is clutch. First big buff to thief I’ve seen and it wasn’t even a feature patch.

Säïnt

in PvP

Posted by: Quint.3765

Quint.3765

Alot of players are QQing about the thief being OP and how our venom elite skill is way to strong. But let’s talk about the ranger, this is a OP class. Having a Endure Pain longer than the warrior, Having a 10sec immob elite skill, having a M16 as a LongBow, having a trait that reduce all damage by 50% when your health drop below 25%. During the september patch, pretty much all the classes got nerfed in the majority but the ranger just got buffed. Don’t get me wrong but playing a thief is much more difficult than playing a ranger where you can stay at 1500 range and only press 1 and some times press the 2 when it’s off cooldown. When you play a thief you need to time your attacks so you don’t run out of initiatives and at the same time deal a good amount of damage in the burst. So too all the people saying that thief is OP because our elite have a cooldown reduced of 5 seconds, in my opinion you are wrong to think this way.

in PvP

Posted by: Menzies The Heretic.3415

Menzies The Heretic.3415

I came up with a fix for this problem:

The thief will have no elite skill. But when a thief succesfully steals from you, he recieves your elite skill.

So no more being stuck in stone (unless you stunbreak of course), or taking a full burst while not being able to move for a dazzling 1.5 seconds.

Just facetank a unexpected Supply Crate instead! Or Moa, or Entangle! Much better right?

* Twitch – Mênzîes – Mesmer pvp
* YouTube – Fun, guides and gameplay

in PvP

Posted by: Kitt.2567

Kitt.2567

nope. I think thives are fine. i think engi and ele and necro are only class overbuffed though. they are just too cheesy also with powerful attack from might stacking.

Visit “http://www.twitch.tv/the_korean_gamer/profile” for best warrior builds!

in PvP

Posted by: SaintSnow.6593

SaintSnow.6593

nope. I think thives are fine. i think engi and ele and necro are only class overbuffed though. they are just too cheesy also with powerful attack from might stacking.

Necros aren’t over buffed at all…hardly even meta..

Säïnt

in PvP

Posted by: cheese.4739

cheese.4739

I came up with a fix for this problem:

The thief will have no elite skill. But when a thief succesfully steals from you, he recieves your elite skill.

So no more being stuck in stone (unless you stunbreak of course), or taking a full burst while not being able to move for a dazzling 1.5 seconds.

Just facetank a unexpected Supply Crate instead! Or Moa, or Entangle! Much better right?

This would make them barely more effective against Eles ^__^

in PvP

Posted by: SoLeciTO.3490

SoLeciTO.3490

i will include guard in your list . . . too much invi, heal and blocks for a burst build.

in PvP

Posted by: Sparda.9750

Sparda.9750

nerf thieves, said bunky eng.. he can easily inflit me 1% of dmg before to die