Excalibur.9748

@ Excalibur

A: Total of current init with Quick Recovery and Sig use = 1.03
B: Total of init/second on Dec. 10 w/out Quick Recovery and Sig use = 1.00
C: Total of Dec. 10 w/Quick Recovery and Sig Use = 1.14

Current A + Klepto and Opp = 1.15
B + Klepto and Opp = 1.07
C + Klepto and Opp = 1.21

So if you run the same S/D build as before on Dec. 10 you get a .7 boost to init/second, not including the init you’d be getting from Infiltrator’s Signet.

Thief is fine on Dec. 10 quit freaking out guys

Current is 1.25 ini/s with a high regen build (i subtracted 0.08 and 0.09 from it since I don’t use signet use or kleptomaniac) not including infil signet (for example my S/P build I use for PvE: http://www.twitch.tv/sakraycore/c/3167174), . With a proper build yes you can easily extract 0.3 ini/s from opportunist even with low crit chance. It’s a net nerf no matter how you slice it.

All is vain.

(edited by Excalibur.9748)

Thieves, Nerf, and Why?

in PvP

Posted by: kito.1827

kito.1827

thieves and mesmers (and ranger) are just overlooked because the actual main problem are 2 other classes.

Karl Otik
no gutz no glory
“Tranquility has a beard.”

Thieves, Nerf, and Why?

in PvP

Posted by: Stealthasaur.2198

Stealthasaur.2198

Thief nerf? Lol, buff.

Thieves, Nerf, and Why?

in PvP

Posted by: Decrypter.1785

Decrypter.1785

Well Most OP class , there you go !!!

[WM]give us in game ladder

Thieves, Nerf, and Why?

in PvP

Posted by: Amaterasu.6280

Amaterasu.6280

Side note:

I would love for them to just fix Shortbow #1, since it no longer tracks target since months ago. Every roaming DPS class could sit ledges and reliable range-dps the point, but we have to auto attack and pray that it hits a target that’s not strafing.

It’s not rare that I would have to try 3-4x just to hit someone because they are simply moving. It needs to be fast like the ranger shortbow to compensate for the lost of tracking.

Kuro – Thief – NA
Undercoverism [UC]

Thieves, Nerf, and Why?

in PvP

Posted by: Cyhann.2609

Cyhann.2609

Well Most OP class , there you go !!!

That’s a funny way to spell Warrior.

Thieves, Nerf, and Why?

in PvP

Posted by: Inverted.7439

Inverted.7439

Basically, very skilled top tier players learned how to use S/D to avoid almost all burst while dealing significant damage.

On the flip side, very, very bad players complained about very bad perma-stealth players ganking them in WvW

But, thieves are not really getting nerfed because they are getting a 33% higher base initiative regen. These changes are good for the class in general in my opinion. We might even see the return of d/d to competitive play with the improved initiative regen

They also lowered Initative regen traits (understandably), without adding anything to them to make them interesting or useful (the part that doesn’t make any sense).

Common thief specs (10/30/0/30/0 and 10/30/0/0/30) aren’t going to see much difference in their init regeneration, because opportunist and kleptomaniac are bland, boring, subpar minor traits, and no one is going to slot Quick recovery unless they do something to make it not awful.

It does potentially open up some other specs that avoid worthless init based traits (which means less than 15 points in CS and trickery, very popular trait lines at the moment), but we won’t know that until the new meta stabilizes (assuming all those changes make it into the patch).

The perma-stealth change wasn’t a nerf – IMO permastealth was against the spirit of the game, the way the dev’s designed stealth, and I’m glad to see it. The 1/4s cast time on Inf return sounds like it’ll kill sword, but again we’ll have to see.

They did nothing to address Death blossom, how useless P/P is in general, and their PW “Fix” seems more like a bandaid then a real fix – on paper, it’s mostly nerfs coming to thief.

The only bright point is that 30 acro specs have a buffed Assassins reward to look forward too, and since no one in their right mind will be using quick recovery, You’ll probably see alot of thieves running assassins reward and pain response. New sundering strikes also seems like it’s finally well designed, and being in DA in a bonus because DA needs traits worth taking, but it’s nothing to jump for joy over.

I’m not sure how hard the Opportunist nerf will hit us really when paired with the new +33% initiative regen. Thieves obviously still have lots of useless traits.

It’s clear to me at this point that converting Unload to a condition based attack and converting Death Blossom to power would open up a ton of possibilities for thief in general.

Personally I’d like to see Death blossom keep it’s short evade frame but deal aoe damage of around 800 per crit on a glass cannon thief (for a total of around 2k damage). This would give D/D more survivability and finally a complete weapon kit.

For unload, I’d like to see this attack changed basically to something similar to Sneak Attack (5 bleeds, some power damage). Then I’d like to see the stealth attack changed to a 600 range attack which deals burning damage. Torment could be substituted for either of these attacks too if it was hard to balance burning.

So basically you want thieves to be spamming 3, you’re probably the same type of person that played spirit ranger & is now playing warrior.

Thieves, Nerf, and Why?

in PvP

Posted by: Lighter.5631

Lighter.5631

well i cant stack stealth with DP any more

“i think it’s an underserved nerf. now we have to slot a stun breaker??”
“berserker stance clears all CC on you and you’re still immune to CC for 8 seconds”
-Excalibur.9748

Thieves, Nerf, and Why?

in PvP

Posted by: feliscatus.1430

feliscatus.1430

Just press you distortion skill, you have it always available even if your stunbreak is on CD.

Chaos storm awards you with almost perma aegis while the storm is in place.

Adapt, stop playing your Mh sword shatter build.

Always available? lulz.