Things I still don't know

in PvP

Posted by: eldenbri.1059

eldenbri.1059

I only have about 125 ranked games, but there are a couple things I still haven’t figured out that I really think I should know.

- How are the names chosen at the start of the fight (e.g. Sue vs Bob)?

- What are the exact mechanics for capping/decapping? Is a check made every second and as long as one team has the only characters in the circle (who are not stealthed or otherwise under some kind of no-cap condition) then 1/8 of the circle is filled/emptied?

- What information (beyond professions) should you be able to determine about the opposing team before the start of the fight?

Thx much for any help!

in PvP

Posted by: Hooglese.4860

Hooglese.4860

For the naming thing its pretty much random. I’ve played thousands and I still don’t know.

For capturing a point there are 10 ticks. When capturing a neutral point it “caps” at 1 tick per second. If the point is controlled by the enemy team, it goes down at 2 ticks per second. It is independent of the number of teammates on the point. You only ever need one person to capture a point. It also, conversely, only requires one enemy on the point to stop the capturing of the point.

For the last point, usually the enemy will send one to their home point, 3 to the mid and one to your home. Always check metabattle.com once every couple weeks to determine what role each professions will likely be running.

If you have any more questions feel free to ask!

PvP
revenant – Hoogles Von Boogles
Mesmer – hoogelz

in PvP

Posted by: Deimos Tel Arin.7391

Deimos Tel Arin.7391

I only have about 125 ranked games, but there are a couple things I still haven’t figured out that I really think I should know.

- How are the names chosen at the start of the fight (e.g. Sue vs Bob)?

- What are the exact mechanics for capping/decapping? Is a check made every second and as long as one team has the only characters in the circle (who are not stealthed or otherwise under some kind of no-cap condition) then 1/8 of the circle is filled/emptied?

- What information (beyond professions) should you be able to determine about the opposing team before the start of the fight?

Thx much for any help!

the first person to load into the map in that team will have the team named after that person. for example, if sue is the first person to load into blue team while bob is the first person to load into red team, then we get sue vs bob.

you take 10 full seconds to capture a neutral point if it is not contested (no opponents in the point you are capturing) if at least one opponent enters the point, then the capture progress stops. you take 5 full seconds to neutralize a captured point, provided that there are no opponents sitting in it.

press b to access the scoreboard during the 2 minutes pre match getting ready time to check your opponents professions. as for what kind of information beyond professions, well, that, i dunno. usually by seeing their professions, you will know what they are running. there are not really many viable builds for each profession.

some are map specific though. for example, in the forest of animals map, if the opposing team have thieves, then they might steal your beasts if you are attempting to kill the beast.

in PvP

Posted by: eldenbri.1059

eldenbri.1059

Thx much for the help!

Happy holidays

in PvP

Posted by: PowerBottom.5796

PowerBottom.5796

As for the information you can gather before the game starts, you can also right click on the names on the enemy team to see the options like “block”, “report”, “join party”, “invite to party” and stuff like that: You can see which ppl are soloQ and which are in a party in the game bc. if they are in a party it reads “join party”, if they are soloQ, it reads “invite to party”.

Other informations is more or less metagaming or knowing the players by name: Look at the classes and try to guess what they might be playing based on whats popular or look at the names and try to remember what they usually play.

Often, there are certain classes that have strategies/playstyles that work better, an example is ranger, which is often a bunkery druid and often pushes far and is very strong in 1v1’s, so you should probably get close with 2 ppl.