in PvP

Posted by: sinject.4607

sinject.4607

forum bug fix -

Things That Need Nerfing

in PvP

Posted by: Kuya.6495

Kuya.6495

At this point we are all pretty much aware you don’t know what you’re talking about, but just in case anyone is innocent enough to take you seriously, i just wanted to clarify that weapon blocks and shield of courage do not avoid aegis removal, essentially wasting the boon. So you don’t use mace 3 or f3 when you already have aegis. It’s been a complaint of guards for a while now.

Things That Need Nerfing

in PvP

Posted by: Aeolus.3615

Aeolus.3615

At this point we are all pretty much aware you don’t know what you’re talking about, but just in case anyone is innocent enough to take you seriously, i just wanted to clarify that weapon blocks and shield of courage do not avoid aegis removal, essentially wasting the boon. So you don’t use mace 3 or f3 when you already have aegis. It’s been a complaint of guards for a while now.

I think that is fine as it is, we need to time well the active defenses.

Also… OP believes aegis is a passive thing….. no comments

The only 2 passive Aegis one is at 40second icd and the other when out health drops arround to 25% with a icd of 30secons.

1st April joke, when gw2 receives a “balance” update.

(edited by Aeolus.3615)

Things That Need Nerfing

in PvP

Posted by: Yasi.9065

Yasi.9065

Things that need nerfing:
- elite specs in general
- amount of cc
- burst power/condition dmg
- boons
- invul/evade/block frames
- all AoEs
- traps (all kinds) have to go on cooldown on activation, not skill use, re-using trap skill re-positions the trap

(…) I play Daredevil exclusively so I’m leaving that out because of bias, however I genuinely can’t think of anything on it that needs nerfing. Tempest was excluded for obvious reasons.

Spike dmg/unavoidable dmg, 3rd dodgebar, vault. Everything else is fine…

(edited by Yasi.9065)

Things That Need Nerfing

in PvP

Kuya.6495

I think that is fine as it is, we need to time well the active defenses.

Also… OP believes aegis is a passive thing….. no comments

I also don’t mind how it works right now either, mostly because you can use focus 5 and F3 to cover yourself while you pick up aegis fragments to heal yourself when running a mender DH with honor line. Since the aegis gets removed even while blocking, you get the heal while blocking with F3 or focus 5.

Things That Need Nerfing

in PvP

sinject.4607

wow i’m really gonna listen to the DH that has been throwing a fit this whole thread because i forgot one thing.

if we’re working on the whole “one thing you said was wrong so now nothing you say counts” basis you would’ve already lost all validity when you said “spam backstab” as if that’s even remotely possible

Things That Need Nerfing

in PvP

Kuya.6495

wow i’m really gonna listen to the DH that has been throwing a fit this whole thread because i forgot one thing.

if we’re working on the whole “one thing you said was wrong so now nothing you say counts” basis you would’ve already lost all validity when you said “spam backstab” as if that’s even remotely possible

You guys can’t spam backstab as of last update. Guardian weapon blocks don’t cover aegis since… 2013.

Things That Need Nerfing

in PvP

Posted by: Erzian.5218

Erzian.5218

If herald is only borderline broken, then all of your list is wrong as all the classes on your list are actually worse than herald.

please by all means explain how

because i can make unjustified claims too! the sun is blue. if u disagree ur wrong!!!

rev is the only class whose representation in all major tournaments since hot is 100% as in every team has 1 (and I am sure they would have 2 if class stacking was allowed). It is also one of the classes that have not been directly nerfed in the last balance update while other contenders (scrapper/druid) were nerfed.

Things That Need Nerfing

in PvP

Kuya.6495

Also the only class to get stacked during ESL when stacking was allowed.

Things That Need Nerfing

in PvP

Posted by: Aeolus.3615

Aeolus.3615

- elite specs in general
- amount of cc
- boons
- all AoEs
- traps (all kinds) have to go on cooldown on activation, not skill use, re-using trap skill re-positions the trap

^ this it true alot of thing need some reduction but alot of players need those things to be good, besides gw2 is a game designed to make awfull bad players good if they follow certain gimmick, Anet designed the game for everyone has a change to be good to an extent or pretend to be good, that pvp title w/o drop divisions lol…. only a care bear game does that to cater all skrits… it has no skill value.

The unbalance is really easy to fix the issue is the balance team, that is damaging the game due an ideal thinking that this actual gw2 playtyle are actually smart thinking, it is not.
IF gw2 skills become more similiar to gw1 skill game would be in much better state even for pve.. more team work, more atention, etc.

1st April joke, when gw2 receives a “balance” update.

Things That Need Nerfing

in PvP

Posted by: Sigmoid.7082

Sigmoid.7082

3. …I said 10-15% overall nerf. learn to do basic math: 5-7.5% nerf on both S/F and Sc/Sh = 10-15%.

Before you insult someones math be sure you do it right yourself. A 5% nerf on one set and a 5% nerf on another is still a 5% nerf overall not 10%..

e.g
100 → 95 for set one
100 → 95 for set two
200 → 190 overall

Things That Need Nerfing

in PvP

Posted by: abaddon.3290

abaddon.3290

- elite specs in general
- amount of cc
- boons
- all AoEs

(…) I play Daredevil exclusively so I’m leaving that out because of bias, however I genuinely can’t think of anything on it that needs nerfing. Tempest was excluded for obvious reasons.

Spike dmg/unavoidable dmg, 3rd dodgebar, vault. Everything else is fine…

tldr: landing hits shouldnt count nerf damage also remove thieves as 1 good thief this entire season killed me once.

im bad at sarcasm

Things That Need Nerfing

in PvP

sinject.4607

3. …I said 10-15% overall nerf. learn to do basic math: 5-7.5% nerf on both S/F and Sc/Sh = 10-15%.

Before you insult someones math be sure you do it right yourself. A 5% nerf on one set and a 5% nerf on another is still a 5% nerf overall not 10%..

e.g
100 -> 95 for set one
100 -> 95 for set two
200 -> 190 overall

okay then let’s just nerf both sets by 10%

Things That Need Nerfing

in PvP

Posted by: Drafigo.4690

Drafigo.4690

Bud I have to say that your list is garbage especially coming from a guy that only plays Thief! I absolutely hate playing with guys that only play thief! Being honest here, most have no clue how to play SPvP! Most have no clue how to do anything but they started playing it because stealthers are always the best.

I completely disagree with your DH list!

issues with Guarding are not there traps its that alot of their other skills are not so good. For example I wish they would make spirit weapons much better and work them over. Guarding has really for the most part no speed unless you kitten your self somewhere else. There are issues with most of the classes in this game but you list is mainly a list of stuff you cant beat so lets cry and shout nerf!

Vote Vermin Supreme 2016, Why not we get a free pony!

Things That Need Nerfing

in PvP

sinject.4607

Bud I have to say that your list is garbage especially coming from a guy that only plays Thief! I absolutely hate playing with guys that only play thief! Being honest here, most have no clue how to play SPvP! Most have no clue how to do anything but they started playing it because stealthers are always the best.

issues with Guarding are not there traps its that alot of their other skills are not so good. For example I wish they would make spirit weapons much better and work them over. Guarding has really for the most part no speed unless you kitten your self somewhere else. There are issues with most of the classes in this game but you list is mainly a list of stuff you cant beat so lets cry and shout nerf!

im just gonna ignore DH posters. you guys are the most inane and self-obsessive players in the game and add nothing but “DEAR GOD PLEASE DONT NERF PURIFICATION” to every conversation about balance.

you can fight it all you want, DH’s healing isnt gonna go unchecked.

Things That Need Nerfing

in PvP

Posted by: pelle ossa.9705

pelle ossa.9705

im just gonna ignore DH posters. you guys are the most inane and self-obsessive players in the game and add nothing but “DEAR GOD PLEASE DONT NERF PURIFICATION” to every conversation about balance.

no , it’s not enough , they have to remove guardian from spvp , soo you can finally be god with your super pro teef “I KILL EVERYONE AHAHAHAH”

Things That Need Nerfing

in PvP

Posted by: Drafigo.4690

Drafigo.4690

lol

Funny stuff right there! Are you at least going to vote for Vermin Supreme?

Ps- wine else where! lol

Things That Need Nerfing

in PvP

sinject.4607

no , it’s not enough , they have to remove guardian from spvp , soo you can finally be god with your super pro teef “I KILL EVERYONE AHAHAHAH”

you’re just an idiot if you think DH is balanced. objectively within the sub 90 IQ range.

Things That Need Nerfing

in PvP

pelle ossa.9705

you’re just an idiot if you think DH is balanced. objectively within the sub 90 IQ range.

oh you are a bad guy…
i hope they will nerf dh, soo you can finally stop complain about it (maybe , it can be possible that they will nerf guardian , but you still die vs it…)

Things That Need Nerfing

in PvP

sinject.4607

oh you are a bad guy…
i hope they will nerf dh, soo you can finally stop complain about it (maybe , it can be possible that they will nerf guardian , but you still die vs it…)

aw that’s too bad

Dragonhunter players, side by side with the likes of Scrappers and Druids, have completely sapped the fun from this game. they have actively chosen to play something that is completely detrimental to the game and yet they come here and try to emptily defend their exploitation of imbalance and then act justified. it’s disgusting.

I have zero respect for these players and I’m not going to act differently.

Things That Need Nerfing

in PvP

Kuya.6495

If it makes you feel any better, i could get on my mes and play power shatter so you’ll get to feel useful?

Things That Need Nerfing

in PvP

pelle ossa.9705

oh you are a bad guy…

aw that’s too bad

Dragonhunter players, side by side with the likes of Scrappers and Druids, have completely sapped the fun from this game. they have actively chosen to play something that is completely detrimental to the game and yet they come here and try to emptily defend their exploitation of imbalance and then act justified. it’s disgusting.

I have zero respect for these players and I’m not going to act differently.

Instead of you i am a multiclass, i played a lot guardian in the past (bunker dps hammer and burning) , but now , i prefer to play war or revenant (they are both more fun, useful for conquest and more strong than dragonhunter).

Things That Need Nerfing

in PvP

Posted by: Lucentfir.7430

Lucentfir.7430

See its post like these that make people not take you seriously, on top of being someone who plays thief(since it could be seen as biased hate against your hard counter.) Also don’t act like thief players or any other X profession players are any better. Everyone sounds the same when discussing about class balancing. With the bold comment above, they’d have to check druid, and scrapper sustain, and don’t think thief evades paired with mobility and stealth is perfectly fine either in that case.

Reth Grimrazor – Charr Guardian – [GWB]Grim Warband – Tarnished Coast
Redgen Furyblaze – Charr Guardian – [SHD]Shade Warband – Tarnished Coast
Lerious Warhowl – Charr Warrior – [SHD] Shade Warband – Tarnished Coast

Things That Need Nerfing

in PvP

Posted by: mrauls.6519

mrauls.6519

Where were you when DH needed to be buffed?

Arena Net has already stated not too far off in the past that DH needs love and is not in a good place. DH isn’t invincible. If you can play well enough you should be at equal strength against a DH

Mes (Guardian)
I make PvP & WvW videos

Things That Need Nerfing

in PvP

Posted by: OriOri.8724

OriOri.8724

If herald is only borderline broken, then all of your list is wrong as all the classes on your list are actually worse than herald.

please by all means explain how

because i can make unjustified claims too! the sun is blue. if u disagree ur wrong!!!

This is the type of comment that makes people not take you seriously.

Things That Need Nerfing

in PvP

Posted by: Svarty.8019

Svarty.8019

Looks more like a wishlist for thieves. What’s the point? Are we all to write a list of things that got us killed? Nerf clones, stealth, blinks, self-water-blasting! Nerf twitchy gameplay and huge spike damage that separates the best players from the (far more numerous and thus more important in financial terms) dollopers!

Ridiculous? Maybe.

Nobody at Anet loves WvW like Grouch loved PvP. That’s what we need, a WvW Grouch, but taller.

Things That Need Nerfing

in PvP

Posted by: Aza.2105

Aza.2105

The op’s list of things that need to be nerfed is absurd. Clearly he has no idea the severity of those changes he/she wants. Think of it this way, look at the patch notes when they change skills. Usually little changes have enormous results good or bad. Example, guardian getting symbols on sword and scepter. These changes are small, but the result opened up a lot of new builds that people aren’t use to seeing. One thing I learned with GW2 is changes should be very minimal, because they always have a large impact.

Amd Ryzen 1800x – Amd Fury X -64GB of ram
Windows 10

Things That Need Nerfing

in PvP

Posted by: abaddon.3290

abaddon.3290

The op’s list of things that need to be nerfed is absurd. Clearly he has no idea the severity of those changes he/she wants. Think of it this way, look at the patch notes when they change skills. Usually little changes have enormous results good or bad. Example, guardian getting symbols on sword and scepter. These changes are small, but the result opened up a lot of new builds that people aren’t use to seeing. One thing I learned with GW2 is changes should be very minimal, because they always have a large impact.

actually i think getting rid of defensive amulets was the main thing that let guardians come to life and eles nerf. those are massive changes leading to massive results. not minor.

im bad at sarcasm

Things That Need Nerfing

in PvP

Posted by: Heimskarl Ashfiend.9582

Heimskarl Ashfiend.9582

• Bristleback/Smokescale – still doing way too much damage for their survivability. part of this problem comes from being able to swap pets whenever they’re in danger. Someone somehow manage to pressure Bristleback to 10% HP? just swap to Smokescale. this is horrible design.

I swear to god, as soon as Anet gives us pets actually able to do their job, everyone runs whining and crying to Anet because God forbid pets actually hurt people instead of being completely ignorable.

They’ve already nerfed the bristleback and smokescale multiple times, enough is enough.

IKR

Even these pets are only dealing somewhere around 780 DPS, if you stand still and do not move and they are the most effective at hitting anything moving, which is why they are used.

Go test some of the other pets on the moving golem in the mists. The Wyvern are hilarious, 6.5 minutes, thereabouts, to kill it.

Things That Need Nerfing

in PvP

Posted by: Pregnantman.8259

Pregnantman.8259

I too want to get off traps’ wild ride, so nerf is ok. I think damage nerf is not the way to go for scepter and sword symbols, but they too need to be toned down. Buff anything that remains so they are viable but not OP.

Things That Need Nerfing

in PvP

Posted by: Saiyan.1704

Saiyan.1704

1. DH’s healing is unarguably broken. I don’t care where it happens, but you can expect it to be cut. Purification is not balanced, especially in Conquest, and if the entirety of your profession’s ESL viability relies on the most overrewarding heal in the game, it speaks volumes about just how badly this skill is carrying the profession.
2. In conjunction with the sheer multitude of mitigation through other DH mechanics, Aegis is unfairly filling what little vulnerability windows DH actually has. One aegis will easily linger while the DH chains other blocks (Shield of Courage, weapon blocks, Renewed Focus, blinds) to the point where Aegis can pop back to back. taking the extra second or two to further deal with this against a DH is huge when you’re getting hit every second for 1/5th of your health when trying to melee them. this problem is also related to DH healing because if you guys didn’t get to full heal as ridiculously often we wouldnt need as many windows of vulnerability.
4. the only professions that don’t outright lose/stalemate to DH are Druid and Beserker running RR. using other overpowered professions as justification for where yours is at as never worked well as an argument: two wrongs dont make a right.

Using the word “overall” is broad so no need to make it sound like i’m complacent when you weren’t clear.

Aegis is a block that gets removed first before Focus#5, F3, etc. You can test it yourself. Just like the blind condition, you have to be aware whether or not Aegis is on the DH before delivering a heavy hitter.

Taking other classes into account when doing nerfs is called balancing. Rev & Druids are direct counters 1v1. Nerfing us without touching them means we’ll be ever more useless vs them in team fights (we currently have a slight advantage) and hilariously underpowered in 1v1 side points vs them.
Engi/War/Necro (the good ones) are darn close to beating DH successfully 1v1. Not to mention Mesmer’s properly timed Moa will annihilate us.

You’re not realizing how much you’re nerfing DH by removing Purification because that’s exactly what you’re doing.

aka FalseLights
#5 best gerdien in wurld

(edited by Saiyan.1704)

Things That Need Nerfing

in PvP

Posted by: ventusthunder.5067

ventusthunder.5067

Lol the rage from OP.

I find it interesting that he claims Herald is less OP than DH. Maybe this is possibly because your class counters the living heck out of a revenant while being countered by DH?

Wants “constructive” arguments yet all he does is shoot down the arguments of anyone who happens to main guardian without looking at the logic itself.

Guardian has hard countered your class for 3 years. Get over it.

collector of liquid aurillium

Things That Need Nerfing

in PvP

Posted by: StickerHappy.8052

StickerHappy.8052

1. DH’s healing is unarguably broken. I don’t care where it happens, but you can expect it to be cut. Purification is not balanced, especially in Conquest, and if the entirety of your profession’s ESL viability relies on the most overrewarding heal in the game, it speaks volumes about just how badly this skill is carrying the profession.
2. In conjunction with the sheer multitude of mitigation through other DH mechanics, Aegis is unfairly filling what little vulnerability windows DH actually has. One aegis will easily linger while the DH chains other blocks (Shield of Courage, weapon blocks, Renewed Focus, blinds) to the point where Aegis can pop back to back. taking the extra second or two to further deal with this against a DH is huge when you’re getting hit every second for 1/5th of your health when trying to melee them. this problem is also related to DH healing because if you guys didn’t get to full heal as ridiculously often we wouldnt need as many windows of vulnerability.
4. the only professions that don’t outright lose/stalemate to DH are Druid and Beserker running RR. using other overpowered professions as justification for where yours is at as never worked well as an argument: two wrongs dont make a right.

Using the word “overall” is broad so no need to make it sound like i’m complacent when you weren’t clear.

Aegis is a block that gets removed first before Focus#5, F3, etc. You can test it yourself. Just like the blind condition, you have to be aware whether or not Aegis is on the DH before delivering a heavy hitter.

Taking other classes into account when doing nerfs is called balancing. Rev & Druids are direct counters 1v1. Nerfing us without touching them means we’ll be ever more useless vs them in team fights (we currently have a slight advantage) and hilariously underpowered in 1v1 side points vs them.
Engi/War/Necro (the good ones) are darn close to beating DH successfully 1v1. Not to mention Mesmer’s properly timed Moa will annihilate us.

You’re not realizing how much you’re nerfing DH by removing Purification because that’s exactly what you’re doing.

Druid a Direct counter? What?

Are you telling me that A Druid with 0 toughness with Mender’s Amulet is able to kill you? On a point?

Wow.

Champion Illusionist Champion Hunter Champion Phantom Champion Magus

Things That Need Nerfing

in PvP

Posted by: Saiyan.1704

Saiyan.1704

Druid a Direct counter? What?

Are you telling me that A Druid with 0 toughness with Mender’s Amulet is able to kill you? On a point?

Wow.

Every Guard main knows Druids > DH. They don’t even need to go full cheese mode to do it. If you prefer, I can set up a duel if you want to mettle with a good Ranger.

The ones I know aren’t Amber league mmr.

aka FalseLights
#5 best gerdien in wurld