Things that should be in the balance patch

in PvP

Posted by: witcher.3197

witcher.3197

First of all I’d like to say I’m pleased with most of the upcoming changes, I just don’t feel like it’s enough. The following things are missing from the list, IMO:

Elementalist

• Renewing Stamina – This still provides a permanent vigor uptime, every other class was nerfed in this regard (engineer, guardian, mesmer). Increase the trait’s CD from 5 seconds to 8 seconds, and decrease vigor duration to 3.5 seconds (as every ele puts at least 4 points into Arcana so the passive 20-30% boon duration will make them have a fair vigor uptime, and the 8 sec CD makes it more rewarding to remove vigor with boonstripping).
  • Elemental Attunement – ~50% protection uptime is OP, especially if it comes from a trait, and it’s just a part of a trait. Don’t overnerf it, but cut the Protection duration by ~20%.

Warrior

• Warrior specs were slightly overnerfed with 2 adrenaline changes. You should revert 1 back, or alter it. I liked the counterplay of “you dodge it, his Cleansing Ire won’t proc and the adrenaline goes away”. But this clearly removed specs with well animated, single target burst skills from the meta such as Axebow. Another thing is, this made it harder to benefit from cleansing ire: You miss with axe, your adrenaline is gone, CI won’t proc, and you won’t have enough adrenaline for an effective Combustive shot-Cleansing Ire proc. What I’d do: if the attack misses, the adrenaline is depelted but cleansing ire will proc. So there’s still some counterplay, but more room for weapons other than Longbow/Hammer/Sword. Nerfed condi cleansig is part of the reason why Shoutbow took over.
  • Back to Vigor. Call to Arms – with the Shoutbow traits, this warhorn skill will maintain nearly permanent vigor on all nearby allies. Also cleanses a condition. Increase CD from 20 to 25 seconds and nerf the base vigor duration from 10 seconds to 8 seconds.
  • Charge. Another warhorn skill. Cures every single soft-CC condition, maintains permanent Swiftness and cures a conditon, all in a short CD and in AoE. Insane. Increase CD from 15 to 20 seconds.
  • Combustive Shot – that’s a pretty large AoE, but this makes it unique. However, duration should be reduced by 20-30%.

Mesmer

• Ether Feast Make it remove conditions: 0-1 clones: 1 condition removed, 2-3 clones: 2 conditions removed. This is far from OP but still helps shatter specs a lot. They have enough problems with thieves, give them a break.

Engineer

• Basically untouched in the current patch preview while even high tier teams are stacking them.
  • Overcharged Shot. More like OverPowered Shot. Add an animation and a 0.5 sec cast time.
  • Gear Shield – if traited, you’ll have a 3 sec long block on 16 sec CD which is obviously too strong. Reduce the block duration from 3 to 2 seconds.
  • Magnet- animation must be visible even if the engi is in stealth.
  • Turrets. We’re talking about self repairing, condition/crit-immune pets with good damage and CC. Yes they are stationary. Does not change the fact how hard the risk/reward balance is off here when it comes to combat. It’s easier to kill a bunker guardian than destroying a Thumper Turret.
    • Nerf turret hp by 30%, damage by 20%.
    • Rifled Turret Barrels – this trait should increase range by 25%, not 50%.
    • Metal Plating – currently reduces damage dealt to turrets by 30%. Shave it to 20%.

Ranger

• More of a bugfix. Longbow skills #3-4 go on full CD if they are interrupted, this should be fixed.

Celestial Amulet

• While the might nerf is good, sustain’s still too strong. Shave it by 10-15%.

Sigils

• Sigil of Intelligence – reduces the amount of charges from 3 to 2.
  • Sigil of Fire/Air/Blood – these sigils just shouldn’t even exist. It’s an animation based game. You must learn what to avoid, when and how. Let’s say you dodge 2 hard hitting attacks because you know how you’re supposed to play against your opponent. But then the guy hits you with something that’s not even dangerous, and that hit takes 20% of your hp because it procced 2 sigils. An ideal DPS sigil is like Sigil of Force – hard hitting skills will hit harder, landing a burst is rewarding and avoiding a burst is also rewarding, there’s a lot less randomness.
  • Sigil of Doom – I’m not a fan of giving powerful conditions by sigils/runes to classes who don’t have access to that condition, like D/D eles or Warriors because it makes balancing a lot harder. But if it’s going to happen, then at least reduce the condition duration from 6 seconds to 3-4 seconds.
  • Sigil of Geomancy – reduce the amount of bleed stacks from 3 to 2. To spike someone with conditions just by swapping weapons does not promote skillful play.

I feel like these changes would reduce both sustain and damage to a reasonable level. What do you guys think? Have I missed something?

in PvP

Posted by: Valentin.2073

Valentin.2073

Lame and biased

PVP Ranger: Prince Valentine, PVP Warrior: Prince of Hearts I, and PVP Mesmer: Prince Valentine I

in PvP

Posted by: Deimos Tel Arin.7391

Deimos Tel Arin.7391

both call to arms & charge are fine and balanced since release, there is no need to change them.

combustive shot is fine and balanced as well after going through many unjustified adjustments.

there is nothing wrong with celestial amulet.

also, the sigils are working well as intended. there is no need to touch them.

in PvP

Posted by: Rym.1469

Rym.1469

If anything, change Combustive Shot not to proc Cleansing Ire if the intial explosion doesn’t hit any non-minion/pet.

Then we can dive into Warrior buffing, totally.

[rude]Antagonistka – Revenant, EU.
[SALT]Natchniony – Necromancer, EU.
Streams: http://www.twitch.tv/rym144

in PvP

Deimos Tel Arin.7391

If anything, change Combustive Shot not to proc Cleansing Ire if the intial explosion doesn’t hit any non-minion/pet.

Then we can dive into Warrior buffing, totally.

no.

NO.

NO.

for the last time, combustive shot “IGNITES TARGET AREA” by creating a fire field, and for your information, blocking a combustive shot right at the epic center prevents the fire field from being created.

so stop it already.

please.

in PvP

witcher.3197

Lame and biased

Care to elaborate?

You’re always defending everything about your class (warrior). You don’t really have any credibility.

Not hitting anything with that is a form of art.

in PvP

Deimos Tel Arin.7391

credibility?

please go play some ranked arena games first before you talk about “credibility”

http://www.gw2score.com/index.php?action=PvP&sort=player&ad=witcher3197

if anything, people like yourself without recent ranked arena games have absolutely no right to make ridiculous balance changes requests.

the game is balanced around 5 vs 5 conquest mode ranked arena, not hotjoin, not unranked arena.

in PvP

Valentin.2073

Adrenaline nerf is needed. Why the heck would warrior get a cleanse when his attck misses? This is like saying that a necro should get LF out of nothing. Rangers dont just need a bug fix. This class has been at the vry bottom of the meta for more than a year. Giving mesmer condi cleanse equal to the number of clones they have up is just idiotic. No need to elaborate about that.

PVP Ranger: Prince Valentine, PVP Warrior: Prince of Hearts I, and PVP Mesmer: Prince Valentine I

in PvP

Deimos Tel Arin.7391

i have been playing warrior profession in sPvP since beta weekends, i have way more credibility than you who make ridiculous requests.

in PvP

Deimos Tel Arin.7391

of course i will defend my profession, especially when unqualified people who makes ridiculous demands to make unjustified adjustments.

in PvP

Valentin.2073

We all know how easy it is to play warrior. That is not something you should be really proud of.

in PvP

witcher.3197

credibility?

please go play some ranked arena games first before you talk about “credibility”

if anything, people like yourself without recent ranked arena games have absolutely no right to make ridiculous balance changes requests.

the game is balanced around 5 vs 5 conquest mode ranked arena, not hotjoin, not unranked arena.

I’m only using this account for forum posting and build testing. Please if you can’t participate in an arguement based on facts and reasons then don’t. Heh, I remember an old Pvp wishlist topic where the top comment was about banning you from the forum.

in PvP

Deimos Tel Arin.7391

and yet you dare call your ridiculous demands “facts” and “reasons” pffft!

so what if call to arms gives “perma” vigor?
vigor is a boon, can be easily removed.

and so what if charge have the potential to remove a lot of conditions?

conditions are very easily reapplied.

you are trying to nerf what is not broken, that itself, is WRONG.

in PvP

Deimos Tel Arin.7391

We all know how easy it is to play warrior. That is not something you should be really proud of.

it is easy to play a warrior, no doubt about that.
well, in hotjoin, against not very skilled players, warriors may indeed appear powerful.

however, in ranked arena, against really good teams, warriors, not using the correct build, will have a very hard time.

unless the warrior is using a very specific build and the warrior player has high mechanical skill, map awareness, good rotations etc.

i am NOT such a warrior.

just average casual warrior player here, who cannot accept people who are still making ridiculous unjustified warrior nerf requests.

in PvP

Posted by: Ithilwen.1529

Ithilwen.1529

I won’t agree it’s easy to play Warrior. Coming from light armor and medium armor I find it really difficult. They are capable of a busload of tanking and damage though.

Mesmerising Girl

in PvP

Deimos Tel Arin.7391

I won’t agree it’s easy to play Warrior. Coming from light armor and medium armor I find it really difficult. They are capable of a busload of tanking and damage though.

well, having mainly played warrior myself, i will never develop the mechanical skills to play elementalist or engineer properly. ever.

yes, warrior can tank, if they build for it.
warriors can also deal good damage, if they build for it.

but if warriors try to both tank and deal good damage errr they will end up being average in both tanking and damage dealing. could be still very powderful in hotjoin though. not so much in ranked arena against good teams.

in PvP

Posted by: Captaine Fox.8632

Captaine Fox.8632

Seems like fair changes IMO, I agree with witcher.
@Deimos, perhaps the problem is that you are “just an average casual warrior player” and cannot see how strong the stuff mentioned above are. I don’t think the game should be balanced around your beliefs.

Kol Summer

in PvP

Deimos Tel Arin.7391

Seems like fair changes IMO, I agree with witcher.
@Deimos, perhaps the problem is that you are “just an average casual warrior player” and cannot see how strong the stuff mentioned above are. I don’t think the game should be balanced around your beliefs.

are you telling me warriors are viable in high level ranked arena?
does not seems to be the case for me.

now listen carefully, if warriors are truly overpowered, then, in the hands of a casual player, the casual warrior would be able to wreck other more experienced players in high level ranked arena.

but this is not true.

so, only highly skilled warriors are able to do decently in high level ranked arena. and that is called player skill and outplaying their opponents. no, not me, but other better warriors.

so, there is nothing wrong with the warrior skills.

the problem is the opponents who are outplayed, thinking that warriors require a nerf.

do you understand?

in PvP

Deimos Tel Arin.7391

and no, the “ridiculous nerf request” to warrior warhorn skills are not fair changes at all.

FACTS:
1. vigor boon can be very easily removed.
2. various conditions can be very easily reapplied.

the original recharge time of 15 s and 20 s ARE FAIR.
increasing it further would make it NOT FAIR.

in PvP

Deimos Tel Arin.7391

counter play already exist for warrior warhorn skills, just that some people always want the easier way. asking for nerfs.

in PvP

Posted by: BlazinFyre.2410

BlazinFyre.2410

renewing stamina: no don’t need this nerfed. eles depend on dodges to stay alive. other classes got their vigor nerfed because it was a 1 point trait, this is a 2 point trait. Engi’s didn’t get their vigor nerfed either btw, still 100% uptime. I can only see nerfing it by like 5 seconds to 4 seconds that wouldn’t be extremely harmful.

Elemental attunement: this trait is what gives zerker Ele a lot of their defenses. I may be bias because I play Fresh air ele but I don’t believe nerfing it would be the right thing. Anet designed classes to have specific defensive capabilities such as thieves with blinds and stealth and engis with blocks. ele’s defenses are dodges and protection so taking away one of those would be very detrimental.

Warrior Adrenaline: no I don’t believe it was over nerfed and making CI proc no matter what is definitely not a good thing in terms of skillful play.

Gear Shield: I think giving it a 25 second CD but keeping it at 3 second duration is a better change

Celestial Amulet: I don’t know if nerfing celestial after the might changes is a good idea. if it stays how it is now but without might, it will stay in the meta but won’t be dominant over it. you may be right though, I can’t really tell yet.

Sigils: don’t see why Sigil of intelligence needs a nerf really, air/fire does need a nerf but idk about deleting them. they seem to fit into the same category of problems as incendiary powder. I think lowering the duration of doom sigil would be good. again, I don’t see why geomamcy should be nerfed, if anything, reduce the duration, not the intensity.

in PvP

Posted by: coglin.1867

coglin.1867

Lame and biased

I have to agree. I can elaborate for the OP.

When you make claims that something “should” be in an update, and you demand changes with such obvious double standards, you really detract from anyone’s ability to to take you seriously and have an honest discussion about anything.

A video on what weak PvPer’s and WvWer’s want.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6q3em9s5I4c

in PvP

Posted by: Lordrosicky.5813

Lordrosicky.5813

I like OPs changes although I would also increase the cast time of healing turret to 1 second to add some counter play. Anet is all about counter play when it comes to warriors and necros and rangers. With pin down, knock back longbow shot and dhuumfire changes.

However, apparently, this does not extent to engis or eles who should have the best healing in the game and that healing should also be borderline impossible to stop without luck.

Character: Henry rank million/Duke Henry
Necromancer/Casual Warrior
[Team] Best WvW guild of all time. EASILY.

in PvP

Posted by: Morwath.9817

Morwath.9817

How can someone want to nerf Warriors… like… seriously?
I see Eles/Engis/Thieves each game, not Warriors.

in PvP

witcher.3197

Read it again and this time do not skip the first half of the warrior part.

in PvP

Posted by: Tao.5096

Tao.5096

What did I just read?

Did I ever tell you, the definition, of Insanity?

in PvP

Posted by: Morwath.9817

Morwath.9817

Read it again and this time do not skip the first half of the warrior part.

I’ve.
You want to nerf support build…. which is imho exacly where support builds should be.

in PvP

Posted by: Abaddon.2105

Abaddon.2105

credibility?

I second that.

Complete newbie to ranked arena is writing about how the game should be balanced, ha ha ha.

San Francisco in the middle sixties was a very special time and place to be a part of.

in PvP

Posted by: Torin.7129

Torin.7129

credibility?

I second that.

Complete newbie to ranked arena is writing about how the game should be balanced, ha ha ha.

both of you are kittened sorry

in PvP

witcher.3197

credibility?

I second that.

As I’ve said, it’s alt account mainly used for fun and build testing. But since this is so important for you, I’ve checked pre-december standings in both soloque and teamque. You never made it to the top 1k (strange I thought you were a true veteran). I made it to top 19 soloque and 222 teamque (mostly solo) using specs like GS warrior with this acc. Let it sink in.

And the guy you’re backing barely played more than 100 games in ranked pre-dec, while I have 7/8 champ titles on main acc. But yes, he’s a seasoned high tier warrior who is in a position to judge the viability of a build when he thought Hambow was balanced in 2013.

(edited by witcher.3197)

in PvP

Deimos Tel Arin.7391

that does not change the fact that your warrior warhorn nerfs are not fair.

in PvP

Deimos Tel Arin.7391

and if your main account is so good, then just post in the forums with your main account.

until then, you are all words.

and yes, hambow is balanced, unfortunately, the developers caved in to the minority complainers and unjustified nerfs were handed out.

in PvP

Posted by: shimmerless.4560

shimmerless.4560

The Ether Feast change would be phenomenally broken.

in PvP

witcher.3197

unfortunately, the developers caved in to the minority complainers

Well, if the majority can’t play..

in PvP

Posted by: Laraley.7695

Laraley.7695

Elementalist

• Renewing Stamina – This still provides a permanent vigor uptime, every other class was nerfed in this regard (engineer, guardian, mesmer). Increase the trait’s CD from 5 seconds to 8 seconds, and decrease vigor duration to 3.5 seconds (as every ele puts at least 4 points into Arcana so the passive 20-30% boon duration will make them have a fair vigor uptime, and the 8 sec CD makes it more rewarding to remove vigor with boonstripping).

Lol. Every other class was nerfed? Well, are you suggesting minor adept guard and mesmer trait should be better than major ele adept trait? Guards and mesmers have 5 sec of vigor on 10 sec cooldown without wasting any trait slots while ele actually has to choose that trait over something else. Why should it be worse? Engis have 5 sec vigor on 5 sec cooldown in the very same tree that has boon duration, too. Again, why should ele have something worse? I know that the engi trait works with swiftness that doesn’t proc that often but that still doesnt change the fact the vigor traits are the same atm.

Warriors with traited warhorn are close to perma vigor, too.

in PvP

Posted by: Patchi.9061

Patchi.9061

Very Good Post +1’d.

@Deimos Tel Arin – Go play another game or something or stop posting biased stuff in forums, you are not credible at all. I’ve been reading post and you’ve been defending warrior over and over again. I faced you in ranked arenas and your at most an Average. I’m not trying to pick beef here but stop posting senseless arguements. The post touched on almost every issue Perfectly. I would like to add to that is to make other build options viable by making other skills more relevant to the game rather than having 1-2 viable builds per class..but that’s another day.

- Aside from that, you haven’t Touched on Necromancer.
I wrote a post about how Necromancer in general does not have enough Tells in its significant skills, such as dark path looking exactly as staff auto attacks. Staff mark 4 and 5 cannot be differenciated from the other minor marks, and how unblockable marks can be an issue to a lot of classes — corrupt boon as well. Suggested changes: The same animation “style” as signet of spite to corrupt boon, reduce the radius of greater marks, add tells to staff marks 4 and 5, and add a tell to dark path. Similar punishing skills on other professions have a tell such as warrior pin-down or engineer magnet. (The same idea with adding a cast time for rifle knockback on engineers).

(edited by Patchi.9061)

in PvP

Deimos Tel Arin.7391

Very Good Post +1’d.

@Deimos Tel Arin – Go play another game or something or stop posting biased stuff in forums, you are not credible at all. I’ve been reading post and you’ve been defending warrior over and over again. I faced you in ranked arenas and your at most an Average. I’m not trying to pick beef here but stop posting senseless arguements. The post touched on almost every issue Perfectly. I would like to add to that is to make other build options viable by making other skills more relevant to the game rather than having 1-2 viable builds per class..but that’s another day.

of course i am average.

the fact is, if warrior in the hands of an average player is not godlike, then warrior is balanced.

the people asking for nerfs are simply outplayed by better warriors.

deal with it.

in PvP

witcher.3197

Elementalist

Lol. Every other class was nerfed? Well, are you suggesting minor adept guard and mesmer trait should be better than major ele adept trait? Guards and mesmers have 5 sec of vigor on 10 sec cooldown without wasting any trait slots while ele actually has to choose that trait over something else. Why should it be worse? Engis have 5 sec vigor on 5 sec cooldown in the very same tree that has boon duration, too. Again, why should ele have something worse? I know that the engi trait works with swiftness that doesn’t proc that often but that still doesnt change the fact the vigor traits are the same atm.

Engineers must take 2 traits for it. And they did nerf engi Vigor, by increasing kit swiftness duration/proc from 5 to 10 seconds. You think they did that to spare your fingers?

in PvP

Posted by: Laraley.7695

Laraley.7695

Elementalist

Engineers must take 2 traits for it. And they did nerf engi Vigor, by increasing kit swiftness duration/proc from 5 to 10 seconds. You think they did that to spare your fingers?

So? Still doesn’t change the fact you want eles to have a major trait to be worse than a minor one. Engi could take all the swiftness runes and sigils and we and get to perma vigor, too. If it’s useful that’s another thing.

in PvP

Posted by: Shadelang.3012

Shadelang.3012

This is so biased its sad hahahaha

Ghost Yak

in PvP

Posted by: Patchi.9061

Patchi.9061

Very Good Post +1’d.

of course i am average.

the fact is, if warrior in the hands of an average player is not godlike, then warrior is balanced.

deal with it.

Sorry I didn’t mean to offend you, I was taken away by frustrations of the past – and how teams can get away with running full cele comps and winning games just by bunkering out points. It is boring to spectate, easy to play, high rewards. We’re just back to the Warrior soldier meta, except more cheesy. Look at the past ESl’s and what the teams are running. Mercy/shout warriors – D/D eles – Or anything that can res/sustain for a very long time. Not fun to play with or against, but it is common knowledge to play those specs and cheese it out to win these games.

in PvP

Deimos Tel Arin.7391

Very Good Post +1’d.

of course i am average.

deal with it.

Sorry I didn’t mean to offend you, I was taken away by frustrations of the past – and how teams can get away with running full cele comps and winning games just by bunkering out points. It is boring to spectate, easy to play, high rewards. We’re just back to the Warrior soldier meta, except more cheesy. Look at the past ESl’s and what the teams are running. Mercy/shout warriors – D/D eles – Or anything that can res/sustain for a very long time. Not fun to play with or against, but it is common knowledge to play those specs and cheese it out to win these games.

ah, sorry, i did not take offense, i know i am average.
actually, i’m happy that someone from the forums can recognize me in the game!

i see, thanks for sharing the info regarding those high level plays, because, being a casual average player myself, i do not participate or view those high level tournaments. before i participated in this test season, i mainly spend my time in hotjoin, i did play in team arena for like 120 games with some friends, with voice communication but i went back to hotjoin since they kinda found other players to replace my slot i guess.

for this test season, i played a bit more, but still not a lot when compared against my other friends, only having played 137 games myself. we had some good runs and i’m happy with that. me and my friend (winter gearpaw) have a large pool of friends and we would see who is online, then draft up a team and off we go. we played very casually so we did not use voice communication so naturally we would be outplayed by teams better than us.

well, thanks for sharing your thoughts and experience regarding this matter. for myself, being a casual average warrior player, i have seen the warrior from being free kills (prior to healing signet buff) to become really stronk (healing signet overbuff) into what warrior is today. after the healing signet overbuff, warriors started taking lots of nerfs. of course i will not be happy if i see people demanding nerfs (that i deem to be not fair) on warriors again. but this is always a matter of perspective, different people always see things differently.

(edited by Deimos Tel Arin.7391)

in PvP

witcher.3197

I do not participate or view those high level tournaments
(…)
I mainly spend my time in hotjoin,

1st – I’m glad you managed to calm down.
2nd – if you have no idea about what’s going on atm, then don’t derail a thread so hard that 50% of the comments are made by you being mad at something you don’t understand. I’d deeply appreciate it.
3rd – those warhorn nerfs are needed. Shoutbow provides insane condi cleansing and it takes even less effort than a hambow in its prime. It’s just another spammy spec that hardcounters every single condi spec. If we nerf shouts, we nerf PvE and WvW too which I wanted to avoid, while warhorn has a smaller impact in those areas of the game. Increasing horn skill CDs reduces condi cleansing and brings vigor application more in line with other classes.

in PvP

Deimos Tel Arin.7391

I do not participate or view those high level tournaments
(…)
I mainly spend my time in hotjoin,

1st – I’m glad you managed to calm down.
2nd – if you have no idea about what’s going on atm, then don’t derail a thread so hard that 50% of the comments are made by you being mad at something you don’t understand. I’d deeply appreciate it.
3rd – those warhorn nerfs are needed. Shoutbow provides insane condi cleansing and it takes even less effort than a hambow in its prime. It’s just another spammy spec that hardcounters every single condi spec. If we nerf shouts, we nerf PvE and WvW too which I wanted to avoid, while warhorn has a smaller impact in those areas of the game. Increasing horn skill CDs reduces condi cleansing and brings vigor application more in line with other classes.

i did spent quite a lot of time in hotjoin, but i also did spend some time in team arena (around 120 games) and played a bit in ranked arena test season (137 games) so i am not exactly the full 100% “pve hotjoin hero” but more like casual pvper.

yes, warhorn skills may have nice condition conversation with 12 s and 16 s recharge time but from my experience, those are simply not enough when faced against opponents who are able to continuously keep on applying large amount of conditions. the warrior and friends still melts anyway.

of course, against those who do not churn out that many conditions as fast, then the warhorn skills may seem too powerful.

my perspective is that, the warhorn skills 4 and 5 are balanced, because new conditions can be applied again very quickly.

and reason for my anger is that i have been using shoutbow in the past and there no complaints about it. suddenly, some famous high level player starts using it very well and then so many people are asking for nerfs.

in PvP

Deimos Tel Arin.7391

anyway, after the recent living story patch, i found myself returning to hotjoin mess (team stacking wars & auto balance wars, but nowadays i just leave the room and find another if it is too unbearable) as i miss the quick action and no queue times for games. sometimes i just have the urge to wanna put someone down, but don’t want to deal with the stress of managing rotations etc so i go to hotjoin, turn off chat and turn on combat damage log and then just play.

as for forum participation, being the infamous warrior defender, of course i will attempt to do my role well in the forums, while i still have time.

my newest game, princess maker 2015: deimos junior edition has been in development for 37.5 weeks and very soon i will be spending all my time on that, no more time for guild wars 2 and the forums very soon.

well, i am sure many people will appreciate my absence from the forums. so, this is a farewell in advance everyone!

goodbye frands!

in PvP

Posted by: Sagat.3285

Sagat.3285

This is so biased its sad hahahaha

^Hehe

“Revenant is actual proof that devs read the necromancer forum” – Pelopidas.2140
The Dhuumfire thread

in PvP

Posted by: Elegy.2159

Elegy.2159

Engineer

• Basically untouched in the current patch preview while even high tier teams are stacking them.

The changes to might and sigil of battle are huge for engineers. Especially considering that the current engineer meta doesn’t contain a single fire field. All their might is coming from sigils, so you may want to wait for the new patch to take effect before you make this assessment.

As for your Overcharged Shot and Gear Shield points, please look at similar skills in other professions. The cast time and duration of these things is well in line with similar skills. Overcharged Shot launches a single foe 450 units, and launches the engineer back 300 units. The other knockback skills you see in PvP with 1/2 second cast times (point blank shot, illusionary wave, staggering blow) either knock back a greater distance or affect up to 5 targets, with no repercussion to the player using that skill. Overcharged Shot could be given a 1/2 second cast time, sure, if the knockback to the engineer was eliminated and the knockback range to the enemy player was slightly increased. That would be fair and balanced, imo. Or give it a 1/4 second cast time like Gust, have it affect 5 targets and still knock back the engineer. Hm. I still think it’s better/more balanced as it is now.

Same with the duration of gear shield. Blocks given to other professions also block for 3 seconds, or block a set number of attacks (often 3). Shield stance, Illusionary Riposte (2.5 seconds but also creates an illusion), Illusionary Counter (2 seconds, but also creates an illusion), Shelter (2 seconds plus heal). There are many skills that block 1-3 attacks and then cause damage at the end as well. Gear shield is very similar in utility to other blocks in the game because of the lower cooldown. The untraited cooldown is 20 seconds, and given that it does nothing but block, I think this is fair. The cooldown can be reduced to 16 seconds through traits. Other professions can trait to extend their blocks or lessen the cooldown of their blocks through traits as well.

• Magnet- animation must be visible even if the engi is in stealth.

I have no problem with this, provided the enemy (and thus part of the tell of Magnet) is outside the stealthed area. Elixir S’s stealth is on a long cooldown and makes a very small area of stealth. Most engineers don’t have a smoke field on them in PvP, so they’re relying on Elixir S entirely. If an engineer uses Magnet at close range to interrupt, and the entire tell of Magnet is within the stealthed field (which is small!) I think it should still be invisible. No idea how hard it would be to program that though.

I have no problem with turrets as they are now, but I don’t personally use them. They limit the engineer to a very small area (yeah, usually a point, usually mid), but away from that area the engineer is useless. They’re usually bunkers, and I don’t expect to take any bunker down alone. If I can draw the engineer away from the turrets (which happens more than I expect it to) dealing with them is easy. Otherwise, it’s a team effort to deal with the engineer/turrets. And then they’re dead, and my team makes an effort to prevent them setting up on another point. They end up dropping their turrets in the street where they’re useless because they get jumped, and just never make it back to a point. Turret engineer is such a limiting playstyle, imo. I think what they need most are people devising a valid strategy to counter them, not a nerf. If they’re easily countered, people will stop playing them. But as it is now, so many people just run headlong into the turrets (alone) and die. Stop doing that!