This New Cond Meta Really Sucks

in PvP

Posted by: SarahGobbi.2319

SarahGobbi.2319

I absolutely love being a 2h Greatsword Nerco, with a power build, but now its like Condi, or nothing. Even in PvE some raids are now saying " Condi only", which sucks, because I was hoping to try and get legendary armor

in PvP

Posted by: iKeostuKen.2738

iKeostuKen.2738

Ive ran into a few condi thieves. My god the fun got sucked out of the game so fast for me. Especially when there are condi mesmers running rampant as well… Yeah no thanks anet :/ game is getting uninstalled once again cause its just not even worth it anymore.

in PvP

Posted by: Aeolus.3615

Aeolus.3615

Anet will counter this with some mandatory class to be bought in next expansion… it will be “fixed a la Anet style”

1st April joke, when gw2 receives a “balance” update.

in PvP

Posted by: Westenev.5289

Westenev.5289

I think that even if condis were toned down, you’d still have a tad bit of difficulty finding a raidspot outside of a novelty or static raid group. There are pleanty of classes who can provide utility and damage that a power simply necro can’t – and it’s these buffs which aid the team toward victory.

At the moment, classes are being pidgeonholed into one of four roles: Boonshare/Buff, Tank, Heal or Dps. If enough people can’t provide these roles to an adequate standard, your raid team is sunk – and I don’t think greatsword necro fits any of the above roles.

in PvP

Posted by: Brockolosso.8316

Brockolosso.8316

Yeah, because the meta is condition and greatsword necromancer was viable before the patch

in PvP

Posted by: hiems.8769

hiems.8769

There’s no condi meta. Power still better for a hundred of reasons.

in PvP

Posted by: Exciton.8942

Exciton.8942

There is no condition meta. Many classes are still better on power builds.

Condition builds have no advantage in PvP because of the limitation of stats composition.

in PvP

Posted by: Silv.9207

Silv.9207

in sPvP the meta is still direct damage. Over 9 classes only 3 can play conditions and onlyone of them play condi. Maybe 2 with the new revenant mallyx buff.
For every condi class/build there’s 2 direct damage class/build.
That can not be called condi meta.

Anyway, I play the necromancer as direct damage and now with the buff to the axe I’m able to inflict a really good damage. I don’t use the GS because is too slow and don’t grant me nothing unless a easy to evade huge skill that miss half the time and is useless 1v1. I found that direct damage is better than condition, expecially from when I can inflict 8-10k with my axe skill 2. Sometimes I find myself to be the best damage dealer of my team.

The limitation of stats and the insane amount of condi clean and resistance mae conditions weak. If someone tell you to play condi with a necromancer you can tell him that direct damage is better. Maybe the GS is the problem because is slow and have bad skills.

Also, you can be a boon corruption necro still with axe, corruption and well skills, inflicting better damage than condi and surviving better. You do your role and much more damage than condi.

in PvP

Posted by: Ario.8964

Ario.8964

burn guard, condi war, condi reaper, poison condi burst thief (Newly emerging build due to CG change), condi chrono, mallyx rev.

6 out of 9, all of them are still strong builds which people have seen on multiple occasions. Not saying it’s a condi meta, just making sure everything is actually represented so intelligent discussion can happen.

Also not every class has to play condi for it to be a condi meta. If only 3 classes use condi but they are so much more powerful than everything else in the meta it will still be a condi meta. Just a condi meta dominated by 3 classes. It’s the same as the old cele meta way back when, only 3 of 8 classes really used cele (Engi, ele, necro) but those 3 classes dominated the whole metagame so it became a cele meta.

Note: I have no problems dealing with condi, it’s not terribly difficult if you actually prep for it. All I’m doing is making sure everything is accurately represented.

[Teef] Dragonbrand Thief and Engi main www.twitch.tv/ariodoesgaming and Ario Does Gaming on Youtube!

in PvP

Posted by: Xstein.2187

Xstein.2187

We also have to remember that there is a difference between “meta” and “viable”. If burn guardian, condi war, condi thief, and mallyx rev are viable, while at the same time, the old “power” builds of those classes are viable, then Anet deserves a round of applause. The same could be said about power reaper and mesmer compared to condi. Build variety is always welcome and helps the game.

My Opinions
Overall: Meta builds, pulsing boons, passive defense, and heals were nerfed. However, at the same time, bursting sigils were removed from the game. All this needed to happen. Many of the meta builds were way ahead in efficiency and viability compared to other builds in the game. However, many were also meta because they relied on pulsing boons and passive defensive skills. Many believed this was a problem and led to more unskilled game play then before. All the class best meta builds may have been balanced against each other. However, it was a “fake” balance that still contained many problems hidden underneath the surface. We also have to be aware that removing many of the bursting sigils makes condition clearing sigils look far more appealing. Although there are far fewer choices, the choices left are far better balanced (except perhaps ruthlessness and absorption which should be tuned down).

I personally don’t see burn guardian or condi thief becoming meta as those builds each have their problems. I think there is more experimentation now than anything and we should wait to see what happens. I do however, think that condi warrior is a possibility. However, I also believe that this is ok as long as its not way ahead of the other classes. After all, berserkers were given torch in their elite specs anyway. Condi rev is also a very strong possibility/probability. If condi rev seems too powerful than they should tune it down in the “small” patch before the season begins. However, I also think they should boost power rev a little.

Necro: They boosted dagger dark path, eh not much but somthing. Necro changes were the most confusing to me. I have mixed feelings about plague sending as I did think it was a nice counter to condis. However, I do greatly sympathize with you. They really do need to work on greatsword. It is an underused weapon compared to what it should be. There needs to be some buffs with the weapon design. I am actually surprise this wasn’t covered this patch. Just try to keep your head up, hope they buff it soon, and be aware that condi clearing sigils are now a viable choice. Its not much, but they help a little if used right. Perhaps they should change one of the greatsword skills with a longer cool down to send one condition on you to your foe. However, other changes should be made as well.

Lägertha Lothbrök: PvE Mesmer
Schrödingers Clone: PvP Mesmer

in PvP

Posted by: messiah.1908

messiah.1908

after playing every day since patch about 5 games i saw
only 2 running condi rev
only 1 condi necro
only 2 condi guard
only 1 d/d condi thief
many condi mesmer
1 condi warrior
only 1 condi engi
all the rest run power or sustain build

yes it suck when we lost to a team with 3-4 condi builds no matter how much we cleanse we died. (cause we havent use counter burst build rather more sustain and sustain versus condi lose in the end)

in PvP

Posted by: Caine.8204

Caine.8204

I’m maining a condition meditation guardian right now and it’s pretty fun. VERY pugstompy, but if their team has 2+ condition cleansers and you have no necro gg

in PvP

Posted by: Silv.9207

Silv.9207

I seen only few players use condition builds in this last days. Alsonot all mesmers play condition (but they do really often).

In the Celestial meta there was much more classes using celestial. There was: ele, engi, necro, warrior and some ranger. There was 4 or more builds in meta with Celestial. Even some mesmers played celestial. It was so strong that every single class able to use chose it. Few sporadic guardians used it with support builds, but they focused more in celestial for support or berserekr for dps.
There was 4+ classes over 8 that used celestial. That made it a meta.

Also, what classes are actually meta? What classes do you see more often in match?
Classes I see in sPbP with related builds: warrior (power), guardian (power), thief (power) elementalist (power, still if more support oriented), engineer (power), mesmer (condition) and necromancer (half power and half condition), revenant (power, with someone that try conditon), ranger (power).
That’s what I seen in play in the last days. Maybe some different builds and fex exeptions, but at 90% they’re what I wrote.

Actually only 1 class play “always” condi and two classes play half condition and half power, and you really find them so OP to tell everyone that the meta is Condi?
The mesmer is strong but few players use it because is hard to use and if you’re not good enough to move and flee you die easy. The necromancer is the worst 1v1 class in play and i think that the dangerous version of it is direct damage (still if is full of boon corruption skills, don’t make the mistake to think that only the condi build can corruot boons all the time), just because is the best to survive and his damage on single target is good, making a focus easier, while still able to spam poison on the enemy team with the Rs4. Then there’s the Revenant condition but I didn’t find any to fight and can’t tell you if it’s strong or not.
All the other classes play at 90% direct damage because is better for them. A thief can stack up to 25 stack of poison easy without be touched, a warrior can spam burn, confusion and torment with LB and F1, the guardian can spam burn really easy, the engi can spam burn and poison easy and fast. But how many of them do you see in game?

Conditions are dangerous but there’s basicly only one class that can seriously be more dangerous in condition damage than direct damage. They’re dangerous and strong but for shure not the best build for that class.

There’s not any condi meta and there will not be for a while. Everyone cryed so much that ANet nerfed a lot of condi builds so much they’re no more able to be top build.
And in that game a build that is not top is not considerated meta.

The actual meta is a Direct Damage Meta.