This Season is going to...

in PvP

Posted by: claytonmorby.3751

claytonmorby.3751

Weed out people who have been abusing the stronger builds these past few seasons. No more merc’s ammy, necro and mes have been nerfed. People who got to legend riding a easy build from metabattle are going to have a much harder time this season.

in PvP

Posted by: infinitenoah.8296

infinitenoah.8296

Expect to see a ton of Revanants.

in PvP

Posted by: Cynz.9437

Cynz.9437

I had a rev couple matches ago (in sapphire) complaining about thieves.

All is Vain~
[Teef] guild :>

in PvP

claytonmorby.3751

[/quote]I had a rev couple matches ago (in sapphire) complaining about thieves.[/quote]

Not surprising, the FOTM rev is slowly being brought down as well.

Edit: quote bug

in PvP

Posted by: Exciton.8942

Exciton.8942

But rev also got nerfed. The energy increase of phase traversal will limit their use of Riposting Shadows after aggression.

The only easy builds left-over are bunker auramancers and bunker druids. But even they got some shaving, although probably not very impactful compared to the mesmer and revenant’s nerf.

in PvP

Posted by: Zelulose.8695

Zelulose.8695

Na there are so many skilless builds now. Thief, druid, mesmer… all these classes have a lower skill floor than ever before. It’s going to weed out the players that were interested in esports pvp. Revanent wasn’t really even touched basically the changes were useless to the main builds.

Lucky Leaf, Ángël, Clergyman, Side Kick -Lets make Gw2 a better game

(edited by Zelulose.8695)

in PvP

claytonmorby.3751

Na there are so many skilles builds now. Thief, druid, mesmer… all these classes have a lower skill floor than ever before.

There’s a reason I don’t play thief, its not fun to get two shot when you make one mistake.

Again compared to last season druid and mesmer have been nerfed.

in PvP

Posted by: BrotherBelial.3094

BrotherBelial.3094

Na there are so many skilless builds now. Thief, druid, mesmer… all these classes have a lower skill floor than ever before. It’s going to weed out the players that were interested in esports pvp.

Thief has a low skill floor build?

i5 4690K @ 3.5Mhz|8GB HyperX Savage 1600mHz|MSI H81M-E34|MSI GTX 960 Gaming 2GB|
|Seasonic S12G 650W|Win10 Pro X64| Corsair Spec 03 Case|

in PvP

Zelulose.8695

Na there are so many skilles builds now. Thief, druid, mesmer… all these classes have a lower skill floor than ever before.

There’s a reason I don’t play thief, its not fun to get two shot when you make one mistake.

No… Druid heals got buffed. They reduced a cast time of one healing skill

Mesmer never used the shield CD effectively if they had a rotation. It is tighter but the rotation will still exist. The shield nerf means nothing… in fact mesmer healing signet can instantly recharge that shield skill so it is technically always on a 35-28 sec CD regardless of duration.

in PvP

Posted by: Fivedawgs.4267

Fivedawgs.4267

I am enjoying my games thus far, they are challenging as they can be. About 20 games played was able to accrue 2 pip. This feel like a competitive ladder, and to those of you who want to progress faster, form a guild. I got farm by a guild twice in row. But so far, i am enjoying this!! It will take like a week to get to ruby. From ruby+ , it will be aids, only the best will survive.

in PvP

Posted by: Vicky.4563

Vicky.4563

Mesmer never used the shield CD effectively if they had a rotation. It is tighter but the rotation will still exist. The shield nerf means nothing… in fact mesmer healing signet can instantly recharge that shield skill so it is technically always on a 35-28 sec CD regardless of duration.

What are you talking about? Druids got gutted, they’re pretty much free kills for condi classes and do less damage than a clerics ele without their pets. They didn’t get a single buff.

And LOL what, Mesmer CD on shield? Heal signet recharging shield skill? What?! Do you even play the class?

The new brainless spam classes are now condi warriors.

in PvP

claytonmorby.3751

Seed of Life: The number of conditions removed by this skill has been decreased from 2 to 1.
Lunar Impact: The cooldown of this skill has been increased from 5 seconds to 7 seconds. Daze duration has been reduced from 2 seconds to 1.5 seconds.
Ancient Seeds: Fixed a bug that allowed multiple triggers of this trait on a single target.

So where in there is druid being buffed?

in PvP

BrotherBelial.3094

I am enjoying my games thus far, they are challenging as they can be. About 20 games played was able to accrue 2 pip. This feel like a competitive ladder, and to those of you who want to progress faster, form a guild. I got farm by a guild twice in row. But so far, i am enjoying this!! It will take like a week to get to ruby. From ruby+ , it will be aids, only the best will survive.

Or.you could farm a guild. Not every guild team is a good one. I was placed on a team with 4 guild members, there ability was….. Bad, but that would not even begin to describe it.

i5 4690K @ 3.5Mhz|8GB HyperX Savage 1600mHz|MSI H81M-E34|MSI GTX 960 Gaming 2GB|

in PvP

Zelulose.8695

Seed of Life: The number of conditions removed by this skill has been decreased from 2 to 1.
Lunar Impact: The cooldown of this skill has been increased from 5 seconds to 7 seconds. Daze duration has been reduced from 2 seconds to 1.5 seconds.
Ancient Seeds: Fixed a bug that allowed multiple triggers of this trait on a single target.

So where in there is druid being buffed?

I actually misread the druid condition removal change. Although the fact about the signet recharging the shield on mesmer still remains. Their update was just a lazy update To show the balance team’s presence

in PvP

Posted by: TallBarr.2184

TallBarr.2184

as long as soloq gets matched against premades this league means nothing, “best” lol

Ultimate Dominator , Diamond invader

in PvP

claytonmorby.3751

Who would waste the signet just to recharge the shield?

You’re complaining about a partial effect of a single skill, which really isn’t that big of deal or the defining part of mesmer…

in PvP

Zelulose.8695

I was just pointing out that their update did nothing to hinder mesmer at all. Condi shatter is still a skilless meta to play.

in PvP

claytonmorby.3751

Except they can’t fall back on the merc ammy? In order to get enough damage they have to be extremely glassy.

in PvP

Fivedawgs.4267

as long as soloq gets matched against premades this league means nothing, “best” lol

From what I have seen, everytime I had a guild (3+ players ) on the team, the enemy team had the same setup. So…. but still It will be hard to get to legendary …

in PvP

Posted by: Ashamir.9574

Ashamir.9574

Dare I say… it’s actually nice playing pvp right now. I honestly didn’t expect that.

Last season I was at a point where I just quit pvp because it was blow-out after blow-out. Now I’m playing games with people that are at least somewhat around my skill level, and oh-wonder it’s a) fun and b) my team is winning the majority of our matches.

I’m not a high tier player and I don’t aspire to be one, so it’s nice not having to listen to people anymore that win 500-xx and tell me “l2p”.

And we also had few matches where a complete pug group was matched against the 3 of us. Usually the premade groups in both teams were pretty evenly distributed.

(edited by Ashamir.9574)

in PvP

Posted by: Exciton.8942

Exciton.8942

Na there are so many skilless builds now. Thief, druid, mesmer… all these classes have a lower skill floor than ever before. It’s going to weed out the players that were interested in esports pvp.

Absolutely.
Meta d/p is already pretty easy to play. Braindead evade into evade into evade staff build or evade into evade condition spam builds are just as easy as any other builds you name.

in PvP

Posted by: Xanctus The Dragonslayer.2318

Xanctus The Dragonslayer.2318

I was just pointing out that their update did nothing to hinder mesmer at all. Condi shatter is still a skilless meta to play.

it removed an amulet that gave them slightly more attack power and alot more toughness. Playing mesmer 1888 armour is quite a difference. Espically since that build lacks on the protect and boons it could have gotten from chaos. the closest thing to mercenary atm is carrion. U should be able to focus them down easily with 2 or more. Or one competent warrior can do the job. especially since they got no stealth. Or they do run toughness and use wanders amulet wich deprives them of hp and have no power at all.

in PvP

Posted by: Nocta.5274

Nocta.5274

Absolutely.
Meta d/p is already pretty easy to play. Braindead evade into evade into evade staff build or evade into evade condition spam builds are just as easy as any other builds you name.

You’re overly simplify Thief. You know it and should feel bad about it.

I’m really enjoying current season so far.
Thief is in a very good place. Others classes have been nerfed enough that we have some of our 1v1 potential back. It’s totally doable to 1v1 Revenants, Mesmers and Druids with the current D/P build, but its not easy, you have to play well and doing it is a risk because of the ennemy thief who might be around.

Very fun to play thief currently.

Characters :
Nooctae ( Thief ) / Encelya ( Engineer ) / Jane Crimson ( Elementalist ) / Kowywr ( Revenant )
Europe, Vizunah.

in PvP

Posted by: Razor.9872

Razor.9872

Weed out people who have been abusing the stronger builds these past few seasons. No more merc’s ammy, necro and mes have been nerfed. People who got to legend riding a easy build from metabattle are going to have a much harder time this season.

Druid got hit pretty hard too. So there will be less sustain running around. Scrappers probably still hold well, though.

NSPride <3

in PvP

claytonmorby.3751

Druid got hit pretty hard too. So there will be less sustain running around. Scrappers probably still hold well, though.

Yeah most classes have taken a hit in some form, besides thief and warrior who needed to catch up.

in PvP

Posted by: Nocta.5274

Nocta.5274

Scrappers have really bad killing power without slick shoes. Also their condi clear is suspect at best.

I think Ele, Druids and Scrappers are all in decent numbers as far as the support classes go currently.

Characters :
Nooctae ( Thief ) / Encelya ( Engineer ) / Jane Crimson ( Elementalist ) / Kowywr ( Revenant )
Europe, Vizunah.

in PvP

Zelulose.8695

In anycase it wont do any good to get to legendary or anywhere close to legendary in this game. The players who even get to the “pro leagues” will just find them selves out played verses players who aren’t. Players are going to get carried to the top with their build and realize they really proved nothing as a amber or emerald player owns them. What did players say last season? Leagues mean nothing without significant fixes I predict players will be saying the same thing. This is vastly different from any other esport where players are forced to admit they have to get better because you can see the difference in experience between leagues. Legendary will have some better players sure but my point is they wont be the top 0.1% more like the top 25% skill wise.

I really should stop begging them to make changes though. It isn’t worth my time to play a league system when the reward (legendary) is a worthless title. I await S4

in PvP

Fivedawgs.4267

In anycase it wont do any good to get to legendary or anywhere close to legendary in this game. The players who even get to the “pro leagues” will just find them selves out played verses players who aren’t. Players are going to get carried to the top with their build and realize they really proved nothing as a amber or emerald player owns them. What did players say last season? Leagues mean nothing without significant fixes I predict players will be saying the same thing. This is vastly different from any other esport where players are forced to admit they have to get better because you can see the difference in experience between leagues. Legendary will have some better players sure but my point is they wont be the top 0.1% more like the top 25% skill wise.

I really should stop begging them to make changes though. It isn’t worth my time to play a league system when the reward (legendary) is a worthless title. I await S4

Believe me this season feels like the real deal. Most games are wither 5 vs or 6 vs 4, and each teams are solid. I seriously don’t see anything wrong with the current ladder..

(edited by Fivedawgs.4267)

in PvP

Posted by: R O C.6574

R O C.6574

RETURN OF THE THIEF DYNASTY!!!!!

in PvP

Posted by: Harper.4173

Harper.4173

Of course leagues mean nothing without significant fixes.
Last season you could eZ mode your way to legendary – I don’t expect this season will be different.
People expect legendary to be hard to get – but it isn’t – you just have to cheese it. And so many did last season.

If here they fall they shall live on when ever you cry “For Ascalon!”

in PvP

Fivedawgs.4267

Last season you could eZ mode your way to legendary – I don’t expect this season will be different.
People expect legendary to be hard to get – but it isn’t – you just have to cheese it. And so many did last season.

These changes were significant enough, most people have issue with team vs pug. Although, they are right, this is needed to grow the esport scenes. Beside that the ladder feels competitive.

I wouldn’t rejoice over that, Anet is Incredibly good at nerfing OP/Top classes.

in PvP

Posted by: Vicky.4563

Vicky.4563

In S1 you grinded your way up based on sheer number of games. We had people getting to diamond/legendary after 500 or so games. 500 games in 50-60 days? That’s like 8 games a day. Assuming each game+queue is 15 minutes, they spent 2+ hours playing every single day.

Since S3 looks like a rehash of S1, it’s going to be a competition of who has the least amount of life and the most amount of time to spare grinding games. Yeah, that’s real hard.

At least in S2 you couldn’t just throw games until you finally hit legend. At least you had to have had some modicum of skill to get there.

in PvP

Posted by: Dahkeus.8243

Dahkeus.8243

Honestly, I think this may the best season we’ve seen from a balance perspective. The devs have done a good job listening to feedback and making gradual shaves to OP builds. Guard could still use some love, but it’s getting harder and harder to see classes as an excuse for losses.

Not that will stop anyone from using them as such, of course. =P

No matter how well classes are balanced, the community will always be salty.

in PvP

BrotherBelial.3094

Absolutely.

You’re overly simplify Thief. You know it and should feel bad about it.

I’m really enjoying current season so far.
Thief is in a very good place. Others classes have been nerfed enough that we have some of our 1v1 potential back. It’s totally doable to 1v1 Revenants, Mesmers and Druids with the current D/P build, but its not easy, you have to play well and doing it is a risk because of the ennemy thief who might be around.

Very fun to play thief currently.

Sadly, good thieves are hard to find….. On my team anyway.

in PvP

Posted by: R O C.6574

R O C.6574

These changes were significant enough, most people have issue with team vs pug. Although, they are right, this is needed to grow the esport scenes. Beside that the ladder feels competitive.

I wouldn’t rejoice over that, Anet is Incredibly good at nerfing OP/Top classes.

Thief’s paper thin sustain keeps it from being totally OP, but if you know how to dodge…. then the OP train has arrived!