This balance patch is way better atm

in PvP

Posted by: The Ace.9105

The Ace.9105

Idk what people are complaining about this meta being as worse as the last or maybe even worse. This meta is by far better currently than the last one ever was (i know the meta builds haven’t been made yet). I hope this dps meta stays and people who complain about dying in 1 sec needs to actually learn to do something.

For me these people who are complaining now wants to have builds that can tank and kill 2v1 battles easily. That would be fine if that build is skillbased like making super good plays with 1 class to outplay the others. This is the ideal situation. Now these people who complain wants to have easy to play bunker build where they can’t die as easily and can still do damage and maybe even kill that 2v1 not with skills but with build.

Then these same people complain about bunker meta and no one dying and these same people complain about non bunkers and everything dying. Is the only solution for these people to give them op builds that no one else can’t use that can tank and kill and be good without being good for them to stop complaining?

I accept complains about clearly op builds like builds that can bunker 2v1 for ages and builds that can kill 1v1 easily without losing too much hp against equally skilled player. I also understand the counterplay builds and yes it’s kinda good to have those but it would be also nice that everything can kill everything in 1v1 if played correctly. Notice also the difference between skill and build if you come here to complain about dying. In this meta it seems like that people need more skills now that some easy to play bunker builds are gone.

in PvP

Posted by: Tomiyou.3790

Tomiyou.3790

I do agree that balance is much better, but ele and mesmer got nerfed a bit too hard and warrior still can’t keep up. But yea, balance is much better, or better said more FUN, but the game is still lightyears away from balance.

in PvP

Posted by: foogison.5067

foogison.5067

Im with OP, I met a legendary rank player yesterday who got there solely by playing berserker, mesmer and ele are still viable, so what if your old OP meta isn’t OP anymore, move on.

This balance update is much better than the last one for sure !

in PvP

Posted by: fumcheg.1936

fumcheg.1936

Everything goes better since Cele cancer was removed from the game along with quick ress.

in PvP

Posted by: Kuya.6495

Kuya.6495

People die a lot now. Which i guess is fine since it really separates the scrubs from people who actually know what they’re doing.

in PvP

Posted by: Rome.7124

Rome.7124

Im with OP, I met a legendary rank player yesterday who got there solely by playing berserker, mesmer and ele are still viable, so what if your old OP meta isn’t OP anymore, move on.

mesmer and ele are still viable? Did season 2 start already? Let see what happens when real ranking play starts.

And you’re engi main… LOL.

in PvP

Posted by: Dahkeus.8243

Dahkeus.8243

I’m definitely liking this patch better. It’s still far from perfect and there’s some definite imbalance, but I’m just glad that rezzmers were nerfed to hell. Nothing was worse than a big bunker fight where a team gets carried by a mezmer that was next to impossible to stop from rezzing.

I really hope we get another mini balance patch to address the issues with certain classes (necros overperforming, mesmers and eles underperforming, etc.).

in PvP

Posted by: kdaddy.5431

kdaddy.5431

Lol you may prefer dps wars to bunker wars but its the exact opposite meta. When 90% of classes spam condi like chewing bubble gum and now thieves back stab for 9k, its still a terrible meta.

On my ele i went to water/arcane/tempest since earth trait line isnt any good anymore and i can win my 1 vs 1 but die instantly in 1 vs 2.

On my warrior i can sustain a tiny bit but mesmers/thiefs spam so much condi and blind its a bit frustrating. Also the fact that engy has better base dmg in melee and guardians cant be attacked with there F3 skill just feels dumb.

I can go down the list of things that just feel so dumb but this meta is crap just like the other one.

Where is the give and take? They still didnt fix anything, classes still have full passive condi clear with insane dmg and full boons without doing anything. Ele was suppose to be the jack of all trades class and they simply turned a little too strong and now with the HOT every class but warrior feels too strong.

Lordsicky made a comment about this game purely being about comps and rotations and he/she is 100% correct. This meta change didnt do anything but change of the pace of a already destroyed system.

in PvP

Kuya.6495

You can’t hit a guardian past the f3 and you’re running warrior?

lol

in PvP

Posted by: brannigan.9831

brannigan.9831

“Then these same people complain about bunker meta and no one dying and these same people complain about non bunkers and everything dying. Is the only solution for these people to give them op builds that no one else can’t use that can tank and kill and be good without being good for them to stop complaining?”

Winner winner chicken dinner. Although I think a l lot of people are happy that the do it all classes got nerfed and most of the whiners are actually the people that played the classes that could do it all (bunker strongly and kill) that got nerfed. Sorry peeps your free ride is over. If you want to bunker thats what you’ll do. If you want to kill thats what you’ll do. You won’t be able to do both.

(edited by brannigan.9831)

in PvP

kdaddy.5431

lol

Maybe i should just run passive condi dmg builds like necro or mesmer. I simply could run a stealth gyro engy or thief and wait for it to go away.

Maybe but last time i checked warrior is still a part of this game and when so many of its skills are time based 130 range weapons and simple stun break and smash of the F3 negates hammer/shield/mace/sword skills skills that need to be set up and are not brain dead. Facing someone of decent skill will know when to time it.

Anyone who was any good last PvP season could get to legendary running bunker mesmer/ power rev/ and scrapper and with the complete destruction of the earth trait line with ele in PvP. It be nice if there was actual counters and set ups to dmg then me simply smashing buttons on my OP BUILD.

in PvP

Posted by: Kicker.8203

Kicker.8203

Yes it is much better indeed. Amulet & quicknes changes are really good, plus there a few good changes here and there but I expected way more and better changes.

in PvP

Posted by: stof.9341

stof.9341

(…) and now thieves back stab for 9k, its still a terrible meta.

Thief backstab damage wasn’t changed at all in the patch.

in PvP

Posted by: foogison.5067

foogison.5067

mesmer and ele are still viable? Did season 2 start already? Let see what happens when real ranking play starts.

And you’re engi main… LOL.

Nope season 2 certainly hasent started! But some of us are experimenting with builds vs. flaming

in PvP

Posted by: DiogoSilva.7089

DiogoSilva.7089

+1 best meta by far finally skill>op brainafk tank faceroll builds stacking.

“Skill” would have been the case if the balance team were to actually dedicate their time to retool existing skill sets and traits and add into them more playing potential, counterplaying, windows of opportunity, clarity and risk/ reward tactics.

Do you see the balancing team do this? Perhaps somewhat vaguely at best, yes, they do, at least as much as they can by opening an excel statsheet and tweaking numbers, which is to say, not much, while core mechanical and design issues keep getting ignored.

in PvP

Posted by: Hooglese.4860

Hooglese.4860

Thank you. Some one gets it. No longer do I end games and have to say “well that was boring”. Games that came down to a timer every friggen time, but not once were either teams close.

PvP
revenant – Hoogles Von Boogles
Mesmer – hoogelz

in PvP

Posted by: SlayerSixx.5763

SlayerSixx.5763

and now thieves back stab for 9k

Just wanted to mention that thieves could always hit 9k back stabs. They just couldn’t up until now because of all of the protection and other defenses flying around.

in PvP

Posted by: Akkeros.1675

Akkeros.1675

“Skill” would have been the case if the balance team were to actually dedicate their time to retool existing skill sets and traits and add into them more playing potential, counterplaying, windows of opportunity, clarity and risk/ reward tactics.

Do you see the balancing team do this? Perhaps somewhat vaguely at best, yes, they do, at least as much as they can by opening an excel statsheet and tweaking numbers, which is to say, not much, while core mechanical and design issues keep getting ignored.

I think it is planned lack of attention. Let’s focus on class A and B elite specialization so people have to buy HoT to compete, neglect C D E F
In three months we will completely nerf A and B so people drop it for a while, purposely buff C and D, neglect EF, and so on.
Let’s get rid of amulet A to force amulet B and C which can only get stats/runes from HoT, thus if they wanna use, take into pve, wvw, gotta buy HoT

in PvP

Posted by: ErazorZ.5209

ErazorZ.5209

I think it is planned lack of attention. Let’s focus on class A and B elite specialization so people have to buy HoT to compete, neglect C D E F
In three months we will completely nerf A and B so people drop it for a while, purposely buff C and D, neglect EF, and so on.
Let’s get rid of amulet A to force amulet B and C which can only get stats/runes from HoT, thus if they wanna use, take into pve, wvw, gotta buy HoT

This. This is how anet works, They dont really balance, they just rework.
They make a few classes OP every season. So everyone gets there ‘fair shot’ In my opinion i already gave up on this.

Because lets be honest thats not a competetive pvp game. Nor is it fun. Knowing you are either kitten or OP, intentionally, so you can do your dailies in comfort that day.

Anyone stating gw2 is one of the best PvP games out there doesnt really know what PvP in its essence means. Gw2 is one of a kind. Thats where it shines. But currently its becomming more and more Moba like. Wich is REALLY bad.

in PvP

Posted by: Lixion.8457

Lixion.8457

Lol you may prefer dps wars to bunker wars but its the exact opposite meta. When 90% of classes spam condi like chewing bubble gum and now thieves back stab for 9k, its still a terrible meta.

What amulet are you running cause it doesn’t have a whole lot of toughness. Or the fact you have like 8secs of 0 dmg?

On my ele i went to water/arcane/tempest since earth trait line isnt any good anymore and i can win my 1 vs 1 but die instantly in 1 vs 2.

Like any other class? If you lost a 1v2 don’t feel bad, on equal footing the 2v1 is always gonna win. You needed a teammate rotation for a 2v2 and you didn’t get one.

On my warrior i can sustain a tiny bit but mesmers/thiefs spam so much condi and blind its a bit frustrating. Also the fact that engy has better base dmg in melee and guardians cant be attacked with there F3 skill just feels dumb.

Condi thf hahaha. Other than that it sounds like you were outplayed and not rolling to avoid D/P 3. I was two shot by a GS 3 + F2 yesterday cause thfs are paper when they get hit by something.

Lordsicky made a comment about this game purely being about comps and rotations and he/she is 100% correct. This meta change didnt do anything but change of the pace of a already destroyed system.

Welcome to the pace of EU like, 2.5 years ago.

in PvP

Posted by: DiogoSilva.7089

DiogoSilva.7089

Anyone stating gw2 is one of the best PvP games out there doesnt really know what PvP in its essence means. Gw2 is one of a kind. Thats where it shines. But currently its becomming more and more Moba like. Wich is REALLY bad.

If balance was at the level of League of Legends’ balance, it would be lovely. Riot actually puts effort into updating old champions, consistently communicates with their playerbase about what they do and why they do it and gives top priority to healthy pvp mechanics.

Anet buffs skills regardless of how healthy they are to the game. They buff pets for the sake of build diversity. They buff instant-cast skills indescriminately. They buff low counterplay skills just as much as they buff any other skill. They rarely attempt to mechanically retool said skills to be healthier. Their consideration for an healthy pvp environment is tehre for half the changes they make, but it isn’t there for the other half.

The changes done to elementalist’s scepter this last patch are just more of the same as we came to expect since launch. Random number tweaks in the hopes that it will hit the right spot. The main issues with the weapon (DT has no CC support so it can hit, AAs too weak, no meaningful active defenses) remain ignored, but hey, they buffed an instant-cast skill’s damage and an instant-cast trait’s damage!

in PvP

Kuya.6495

lol

Maybe i should just run passive condi dmg builds like necro or mesmer. I simply could run a stealth gyro engy or thief and wait for it to go away.

Maybe but last time i checked warrior is still a part of this game and when so many of its skills are time based 130 range weapons and simple stun break and smash of the F3 negates hammer/shield/mace/sword skills skills that need to be set up and are not brain dead. Facing someone of decent skill will know when to time it.

Anyone who was any good last PvP season could get to legendary running bunker mesmer/ power rev/ and scrapper and with the complete destruction of the earth trait line with ele in PvP. It be nice if there was actual counters and set ups to dmg then me simply smashing buttons on my OP BUILD.

Use signet of might.

in PvP

kdaddy.5431

(…) and now thieves back stab for 9k, its still a terrible meta.

Thief backstab damage wasn’t changed at all in the patch.

you are correct,

me and some pvp friends were simply build crafting and when i used beserker or maruder ammy with a power ammy such as hoelbrak or pack. A thief could get me with 9k with air and fire sigils.

Its not a all around statement that it will do this to every class and/or build because it wont but it has the potential too.

in PvP

kdaddy.5431

What amulet are you running cause it doesn’t have a whole lot of toughness. Or the fact you have like 8secs of 0 dmg?

Like any other class? If you lost a 1v2 don’t feel bad, on equal footing the 2v1 is always gonna win. You needed a teammate rotation for a 2v2 and you didn’t get one.

Condi thf hahaha. Other than that it sounds like you were outplayed and not rolling to avoid D/P 3. I was two shot by a GS 3 + F2 yesterday cause thfs are paper when they get hit by something.

Welcome to the pace of EU like, 2.5 years ago.

A few things,

The ele comment is that there is no options. Before HOT you could play staff bunker, obviously the OP d/d build but i didnt play that. Right before they nerfed conjure weapons i met a guy in a AG tournament who ran the shield/frostbow and fiery great sword. My simple complaint here is the lack of choices ele has, it cant tank anymore and it cant deal the dmg every other class in the game can. If i cant sustain even for a little bit a ele will fall out of use.

The warrior thing vs thief and mesmer. I won both fights but i found it to simple be disgusting. The thief was constantly hitting me with a blind which is fine. I set up a burst condi a attack and i apply 8 stacks of confusion, 8 stacks of bleed, cripple and torment and i simply wait for this thief kill himself but nope. He uses all of his utility skills runs off heals and runs back in 2 sec and we begin the fight all over again.

Against the mesmer he was staff/ well/condi and again i land the big hit and he removes all condi instantly. He applies condi to me and i use zerker stance and the fight drags on. Im running a build with no condi clear and landing all the big hits i need to. I was just trying to say that there are to many skills that are get out of jail free.

Also im sorry if you feel that is the EU meta for years but IMO this meta isnt any better. There are no new builds, they didnt add/buff old builds to be viable, and they still didnt add any give and take. I didnt feel like the meta before HOT was like that.

I truly feel this game was so close to being really special before the HOT realease. If they didnt nerf conjure weapons, made sure d/d wasnt king of builds simply gave ranger and mesmers a little more. Right now people are arguing whether or not this is a good meta when we can clearly see it is not.

in PvP

Posted by: XxsdgxX.8109

XxsdgxX.8109

Whoever first lands his/her rotation before the other is hardly any more skillful than S1.
Probably the same people who think that SWAT and Team Snipers in Halo is competitive lol, same with CoD.

Stella Truth Seeker

in PvP

Posted by: Rolisteel.1375

Rolisteel.1375

Its not about whoever lands his rotation first. It’s about are you skilled enough to outplay that player or just think like that as you do “he hit me first he win”

in PvP

Posted by: Exciton.8942

Exciton.8942

Way too optimistic.
There is only unranked games at the moment and ppl are running squishy for fun.
But as the meta gets gradually figures out by top-tier players and new season starts, the game will be again be dominated by specs that have the best survivability.

in PvP

Posted by: Burn.5401

Burn.5401

Is the game more fast paced and dynamic then last meta? Yes.
Does it revolve around 3 classes again? Absolutely.

in PvP

Posted by: Shovel Face.4512

Shovel Face.4512

I can go down the list of things that just feel so dumb but this meta is crap just like the other one.

Where is the give and take? They still didnt fix anything, classes still have full passive condi clear with insane dmg and full boons without doing anything. Ele was suppose to be the jack of all trades class and they simply turned a little too strong and now with the HOT every class but warrior feels too strong.

Lol thief only got AA buff. So saying “now Theives back backstab for 9k” just shows how misinformed you are.

in PvP

Posted by: muscarine.5136

muscarine.5136

For the first time in 2.5 years i’ll be blunt :

I’ve been on hold since ~2 months waiting for them to get their kitten together and fix the game.
This patch is a failure, an utter piece of kitten completely off the slightest understanding of what’s wrong with their game.

GG Anet, i’m off ~

in PvP

Posted by: mrauls.6519

mrauls.6519

ANet did a good job. Loving PvP even more now! Keep making changes like this ANet! I fully support them.

Mes (Guardian)
I make PvP & WvW videos

in PvP

Posted by: Nighthawk.4687

Nighthawk.4687

So by balance you mean completely killing off mesmer, necro is allowed to have boon corrupt on every single skill, and thieves can have 6k auto attacks?

Yup game is balanced

in PvP

Posted by: fumcheg.1936

fumcheg.1936

Thieves don’n have 6k AA. They may have 6k AA chain on really glass builds. But if you eat the whole AA chain from thief that just means you are bad…

in PvP

Posted by: JTGuevara.9018

JTGuevara.9018

Idk what people are complaining about this meta being as worse as the last or maybe even worse. This meta is by far better currently than the last one ever was (i know the meta builds haven’t been made yet). I hope this dps meta stays and people who complain about dying in 1 sec needs to actually learn to do something.

For me these people who are complaining now wants to have builds that can tank and kill 2v1 battles easily. That would be fine if that build is skillbased like making super good plays with 1 class to outplay the others. This is the ideal situation. Now these people who complain wants to have easy to play bunker build where they can’t die as easily and can still do damage and maybe even kill that 2v1 not with skills but with build.

Then these same people complain about bunker meta and no one dying and these same people complain about non bunkers and everything dying. Is the only solution for these people to give them op builds that no one else can’t use that can tank and kill and be good without being good for them to stop complaining?

I accept complains about clearly op builds like builds that can bunker 2v1 for ages and builds that can kill 1v1 easily without losing too much hp against equally skilled player. I also understand the counterplay builds and yes it’s kinda good to have those but it would be also nice that everything can kill everything in 1v1 if played correctly. Notice also the difference between skill and build if you come here to complain about dying. In this meta it seems like that people need more skills now that some easy to play bunker builds are gone.

You got that right! I like these changes compared to last season’s disaster. I’m reading a lot of forum blah-blah-blah about thief/necro & it’s amusing! lol

Thieves die in like TWO hits & necros get focused on since they have no escapes/disengages. Bunkers should NEVER do this absurd amount of damage. I’m worried more about engineer/rev than thief/necro.

in PvP

Posted by: Rudydudy.7230

Rudydudy.7230

Balance rly better now.
1 thing need nefr – dmg thief ~15%. And i think after this nerf, pvp will be good.
Anet did great job! GG

P.S and mb little buff shatter mesmer :P

(edited by Rudydudy.7230)

in PvP

Posted by: Anomaly.7612

Anomaly.7612

Balance rly better now.
1 thing need nefr – dmg thief ~15%. And i think after this nerf, pvp will be good.
Anet did great job! GG

P.S and mb little buff shatter mesmer :P

Blanket buffs and nerfs to damage without a specific cause and effect aren’t helpful.