This game is officially dead population wise.

in PvP

Posted by: JinDaVikk.7291

JinDaVikk.7291

I cant take it any longer. I will be playing teso when it comes out but I give up gw2…

When every single solo q is rank 10’s-20’s even though I am near top of lb…. is just wrong. not to mention the 10+ minute q times.

Idc what “stats” you want to put out but your lying. Pvp population isn’t growing it’s declining quickly. Why? you know why. 0 development.

After 2700 hours in pvp I give up.

GG from
Jindavikk, Elephantitas, Bowser Jr, Yogi Bear, and Thelonious.

Team Radioactive
Crysis, Lil Damage, Ovi, Jindavikk, Guard
Causing cancer all day.

in PvP

Posted by: Dosvidaniya.3260

Dosvidaniya.3260

I cant take it any longer. I will be playing teso when it comes out but I give up gw2…

When every single solo q is rank 10’s-20’s even though I am near top of lb…. is just wrong. not to mention the 10+ minute q times.

Idc what “stats” you want to put out but your lying. Pvp population isn’t growing it’s declining quickly. Why? you know why. 0 development.

GG from

Didn’t you hear? Team arena is the new solo queue.

in PvP

Posted by: Dardamaniac.1295

Dardamaniac.1295

This is sad
Inb4 thread closed

in PvP

Posted by: toubi.5683

toubi.5683

GG from

+1
no pvp update=ppl leave gw2

in PvP

Posted by: silvermember.8941

silvermember.8941

If you mean the top PvPers are gone that is true which is not the same as PvP being dead.

Also who does soloQ, unless you care about the MMR (which is a dumb idea with this terrible balance), there is no reason to do anything other than hotjoin and TeamQ.

As u know im pro. ~Tomonobu Itagaki

This is an mmo forum, if someone isn’t whining chances are the game is dead.

in PvP

Posted by: gesho.9468

gesho.9468

after some hesitation, i decided to stick to this game. but recent exodus is depressing.

in PvP

Posted by: Paragon.5479

Paragon.5479

aye population is full rank 10 newbies who play dps guardians and farm npc all map,they still cap mid then they go far and die there after 2 years of conquest

in PvP

Posted by: MightyMicah.7451

MightyMicah.7451

GG from

Dude. I can’t take you seriously with a thread title like that.

This is that new sound. Ya’ll ain’t ready.

in PvP

Posted by: Drafigo.4690

Drafigo.4690

Time for a break then! You will be back. Still one of the best games out and don’t think TESO is any better. Especially PvP! A dev said it best if your currently not having fun take a break. But as many matches as you have played your still having fun if you want my opinion. No one plays a horrible game over and over again! Have fun or take a break either way you will be back. Some good stuff is coming Im sure of it. I don’t blame ANet for sharing them all and giving time tables because the community beats the dev’s down when they are behind schedule. Im as angry as the rest of you guys but listen that Dev said it best. If your having fun (and you are cause you keep playing every day match after match) then have fun play and take a chill pill till some new stuff comes out or “Take a break”. Really made me stop and think.

in PvP

silvermember.8941

aye population is full rank 10 newbies who play dps guardians and farm npc all map,they still cap mid then they go far and die there after 2 years of conquest

DPS guardian is certainly better than playing cheap condition.

in PvP

Posted by: rejndjer.3172

rejndjer.3172

so… i stopped playing about 4 months ago and i see nothing has changed… so sad.

It’s depressing to see how much potential for good pvp this game has, but it’s all wasted with updates focusing on pve. Kind of reminds of warhammer online. Anyway i guess i’ll just stick to dota, untill a.net realizes they have what could be best competitve online game.

in PvP

Posted by: Fernling.1729

Fernling.1729

Wasn’kitten“officially dead” a year ago?

in PvP

Posted by: Nabbo.2845

Nabbo.2845

I will be playing teso when it comes out

Isn’t that right around time of the super mega ultra pvp patch they’ve been hiding from us?

in PvP

Posted by: Matisse.9356

Matisse.9356

Nice. Another oh-so-necessary attention-hungry thread.
If you can’t provide any useful criticism but infantile whining, just go. Nobody cares.

in PvP

Posted by: fishball.7204

fishball.7204

Sorry to see you go, it was always great fun to see you trolling people with decap eng hahaha.

But yes your experience mirrors mines. Every day I will without fail see low ranked players on my team that are so terrible with such subpar builds you have to wonder if they even know how to PvP.

FOR THE GREEEEEEEEEEEEN

in PvP

Posted by: swiftpaw.6397

swiftpaw.6397

I will miss you elephant man Jin :(

http://youtu.be/Hn-enjcgV1o

Grandmaster Forum Mind Brain
|-Swiftpaw Sharpclaw [DnT]-|

in PvP

Posted by: kirito.4138

kirito.4138

Where is it official? I don’t see it on the front page news feed yet =]

http://www.twitch.tv/kirito4138
The only exclusive skyhammer stream

in PvP

Posted by: garethh.3518

garethh.3518

Well, whenever someone decides to quit, that’s when they tend to think of it as officially dead.
(since it is dead to them from that point on)

If you can’t provide any useful criticism but infantile whining, just go. Nobody cares.

??
So keep doing what people have been doing since alpha?

Posts like these, (within GW2) big name players who are leaving GW2 probably are causing more good than all the hundreds of pages of beautifully written ‘useful criticism’ already buried in these forums.

GW2 is on it’s last leg, something crazy has to happen or the game just isn’t going to make it past the release of all the other MMOs in a few months. And so far, sorry to break it to you, but even the best of those mounds of ‘useful criticism’, no matter how well written/thought-out has been ignored by Anet

Anet’s developement mindset needs a kick in the pants.
What you want won’t do that.
What he did has a small, small, small shot at it.

(edited by garethh.3518)

in PvP

Posted by: Phaeton.9582

Phaeton.9582

Come back EU

Phaatonn, London UK

in PvP

silvermember.8941

Well, whenever someone decides to quit, that’s when they tend to think of it as officially dead.
(since it is dead to them from that point on)

??
So keep doing what people have been doing since alpha?

Posts like these, (within GW2) big name players who are leaving GW2 probably are causing more good than all the hundreds of pages of beautifully written ‘useful criticism’ already buried in these forums.

GW2 is on it’s last leg, something crazy has to happen or the game just isn’t going to make it past the release of all the other MMOs in a few months. And so far, sorry to break it to you, but even the best of those mounds of ‘useful criticism’, no matter how well written/thought-out has been ignored by Anet

Anet’s developement mindset needs a kick in the pants.
What you want won’t do that.
What he did has a small, small, small shot at it.

You start out by saying the most resonable that that has ever left your keyboard since ever then as usual drove the point do the ground with your usual hyperbole.

PvP isn’t going to die because the hardcore left, generally most of the people that play any PvP game are not even hardcore.

in PvP

Posted by: garethh.3518

garethh.3518

You start out by saying the most resonable that that has ever left your keyboard since ever then as usual drove the point do the ground with your usual hyperbole.

PvP isn’t going to die because the hardcore left, generally most of the people that play any PvP game are not even hardcore.

Hyperbole?
It isn’t in it’s entirety true that Anet ignores all constructive criticism on these forums?
That they ride over the thoughtful analyses of where GW2 is going wrong, exc. exc.
It isn’t likely that allot of PvP’ers will abandon ship when games like TESO and Wildstar hit the market?
That would cause, at very least in NA (were I have only ever played), the PvP to fizzle out since there already is a low PvP population.

And then the second half doesn’t really relate. I didn’t mention and I don’t think the game surviving has anything to do with hardcore players.
My point was more of a “trying to convince Anet of anything through well-mannered constructed criticisms is probly less likely to achieve anything than this good-bye thread”.

(edited by garethh.3518)

in PvP

Posted by: Zirith.6429

Zirith.6429

TESO looks pretty terrible, and ya, I stopped doing soloq 2 months ago because all of my matches after passing top 50 took >10min (well 1 time i had a 7 min queue, that was pretty cool)

in PvP

Posted by: xXDrgnXx.2456

xXDrgnXx.2456

Who are you . . . . . . . . . . . . . . ?

in PvP

Posted by: Rubik.7192

Rubik.7192

Curie.
“I’m so hard right now” – Ozie, in solo queue.

in PvP

Posted by: hehk.8705

hehk.8705

Curie is my smooth Australian sensei.

in PvP

Posted by: SoPP.7034

SoPP.7034

GW2 is on it’s last leg

PvP wise maybe but PvE is still strong and at least from my perspective WvW is still strong.

A warrior, a guardian, and an elementalist walk into an open field…
The Warrior turns to the guardian and says, “Did you hear something?”
Guardian replies, “No, but how’d the elementalist die?”

in PvP

Posted by: Brutal Arts.6307

Brutal Arts.6307

B-but you guys. Surely the patch coming “soon™” will have “lots of things we want™”, after all “nothing is off the table™” and all the collaborative concentrate the complaints in one easy spot to ignore development threads are in full swing after only a one week delay and dodging all the vital issues completely.

With all that irrefutable evidence how can you be anything but optimistic about this games future?

You have gotten what you paid for, all that remains is biweekly gemshop pushing.

in PvP

Posted by: Gmtsai.6349

Gmtsai.6349

+1…

in PvP

Posted by: Dustin.2793

Dustin.2793

Agreed this game is dead any will never go anywhere…RIP GW2!!!

Magic Toker // Thief // The Abjured
http://www.twitch.tv/magictoker

in PvP

Posted by: DuranArgith.1354

DuranArgith.1354

Always the same people in the same guilds/teams, all the time, every single night, sometimes even in a row.
Yep. Its a dead horse alright.

The pvp dailies is the only thing that makes people play.

(edited by DuranArgith.1354)

in PvP

Posted by: KarlaGrey.5903

KarlaGrey.5903

Think your sanity also gave up. A long time ago.

RIP ‘gf left me coz of ladderboard’ Total views: 71,688 Total posts: 363

in PvP

silvermember.8941

Think your sanity also gave up. A long time ago.

I find your statement funny in a sad way. the average, rational person would have moved on months ago, but not you right?

in PvP

KarlaGrey.5903

L2appreciate witty comments~

(edited by KarlaGrey.5903)

in PvP

Posted by: Benjamin.7893

Benjamin.7893

It’s time to make spvp f2p and launch a massive promotion campaign around doing so. That’s the only way to save this and it might even give more sales for those that like it and want to try pve/wvw

in PvP

silvermember.8941

L2appreciate witty comments~

Maybe L2makewittycomments.

in PvP

Posted by: OptimistPrime.9283

OptimistPrime.9283

+1

Darkhaven’s giant purple cat thief thing

in PvP

Posted by: AcidicVision.5498

AcidicVision.5498

Im not sure dead means what you all think it means. NC just had quarterly earnings. They legally have to disclose earning and performance reports. Those numbers have to be accounted for and verified. They can’t just pull numbers out of their kittens and blatantly misrepresent the performance of a product to shareholders without serious repercussions.

Across the board GW2 is performing better than projected. In new box sales and gem sales. Player concurrency is up, living story participation is up. Those are facts. If those are facts…then how is it “officially” dead?

If anything, I think more people are getting involved in the living story. Because it got interesting and is more rewarding than grinding glory for skins, which has diminishing returns the more skins you unlock.

Also, wth are you doing solo queue? Everyone is either in hot join or team queue. Team matches rarely take longer than two minutes to pop. I’d think someone with over 2k hours of pvp would know where people are playing.

Seems like more of a case of player “officially” not knowing what he is doing or talking about.

The Kismet
Dragonbrand

in PvP

Posted by: Noc.2459

Noc.2459

PvP is now officialy dead because you leave?

Did Arenanet write a Blogpost about it?

Link please!

Noc Noc Noc Noc Noc Noc Noc Noc Noc Noc

in PvP

OptimistPrime.9283

Link please!

Dude, you don’t understand.

He’s hardcore.

in PvP

Posted by: AcidicVision.5498

AcidicVision.5498

Link please!

He’s hardcore.

So that means that he is what, Wolf rank right? I always forget if thats the hardcore one or if the Mountain Lion is.

The Kismet
Dragonbrand

in PvP

OptimistPrime.9283

Link please!

He’s hardcore.

So that means that he is what, Wolf rank right? I always forget if thats the hardcore one or if the Mountain Lion is.

I’ve always thought Deer were very hardcore animals.

in PvP

silvermember.8941

Link please!

He’s hardcore.

I’ve always thought Deer were very hardcore animals.

Deers are hardcore. A deer almost messed me up a couple of times. One of those times I almost drove into one.

(edited by silvermember.8941)

in PvP

Posted by: December.3946

December.3946

+1

Physicks [The Dankening]

in PvP

Posted by: khadorian.6417

khadorian.6417

Iv played teso beta, the general pve and skilltrees etc are great..
But…Id stick to gw2 for my pvp , its just Feels way better in gw2..

<a href="http://tinyurl.com/bmj3ann">My WvW Necro power build</a>

in PvP

Posted by: UnrequitedHope.6172

UnrequitedHope.6172

Im not sure dead means what you all think it means. NC just had quarterly earnings. They legally have to disclose earning and performance reports. Those numbers have to be accounted for and verified. They can’t just pull numbers out of their kittens and blatantly misrepresent the performance of a product to shareholders without serious repercussions.

Across the board GW2 is performing better than projected. In new box sales and gem sales. Player concurrency is up, living story participation is up. Those are facts. If those are facts…then how is it “officially” dead?

If anything, I think more people are getting involved in the living story. Because it got interesting and is more rewarding than grinding glory for skins, which has diminishing returns the more skins you unlock.

Also, wth are you doing solo queue? Everyone is either in hot join or team queue. Team matches rarely take longer than two minutes to pop. I’d think someone with over 2k hours of pvp would know where people are playing.

Seems like more of a case of player “officially” not knowing what he is doing or talking about.

^ This. Pvp population is far from dead and statistics indicate that it’s growing. I’ve noticed more frequent encounters with newer players which can only mean more new blood entering pvp. I’ll tell you what is dying though—the hardcore player base, the veterans. The ones who are left and willing to put up with the current state of pvp are merely sharks in a small pond, hence OP’s frustration.

Web Developer IRL, GW2 guilty pleasure by night

in PvP

Posted by: Jestersmiles.4365

Jestersmiles.4365

GG from

Try Tera, it pretty much has the same pvp mechanics as Gw, but it had better modes hence it a hella lot better.

Sucks that the game is in such a crap state but it seems Anet does not give a crap about it anyway and it not getting better anytime soon. Better to leave to a game with a better pvp and content but that not TESO.

TESO combat is borderline brain dead, why pick that?

“Thank you for rezzing me”- Thankful Stranger
“Np, it part of the Job :) " – Proud Guardian.

(edited by Jestersmiles.4365)

in PvP

Posted by: Jestersmiles.4365

Jestersmiles.4365

^ This. Pvp population is far from dead and statistics indicate that it’s growing. I’ve noticed more frequent encounters with newer players which can only mean more new blood entering pvp. I’ll tell you what is dying though—the hardcore player base, the veterans. The ones who are left and willing to put up with the current state of pvp are merely sharks in a small pond, hence OP’s frustration.

Links or it never happen. And even if it true, I would love to know where the new people at? I can log in right now and run across all the world and see maybe like one, two people running around. Most people locked up in LA anyaway.

Same goes for PVP, I bet nearly no one there too.

Seriously this game content so non existing it just sad now. Well if what you are saying is true no wonder Anet is just doing the bare minimum, why work on GOOD content if for some baffling reason new people are coming into this game, with bad word of mouth and little to no advertising what so ever.

Now I see the need for monthly subs….CONTENT!!!!

“Thank you for rezzing me”- Thankful Stranger
“Np, it part of the Job :) " – Proud Guardian.

in PvP

Posted by: Heapheaus.5238

Heapheaus.5238

Bye good friend! Stay in touch :P
For people asking who Jin is: He started decap engi in the NA “scene”

in PvP

KarlaGrey.5903

GG from

Try Tera, it pretty much has the same pvp mechanics as Gw, but it had better modes hence it a hella lot better.

I reckon you’re referring to GW2.
However, Tera is grindy as hell, and the balance in smaller pvp mode (3v3) is said to be horrid + gear-based, while the bigger-scale pvp is a zerg&lag fest.
Your typical mmo with a focus on raids as end content, pretty much.

(edited by KarlaGrey.5903)

in PvP

Posted by: Writetyper.1985

Writetyper.1985

step it up, I’ve played 5000 hours of this kitten game

ur a nerd for making decap a popular thing though

Mortryde/Cold/Thugmentalist Bara
really bad engineer