This is a ballance update?

in PvP

Posted by: aggelos r.5387

aggelos r.5387

I dont undrstand this was suppose to be a ballance update and fron what we see until now is that some class get extremly OP (ele, thief, mesmer) some others get unplayble in pvp i really dont understand where its going on the pvp mode

in PvP

Posted by: Relentliss.2170

Relentliss.2170

I know. The balance team is hopeless.

We don’t need to make mandatory gear treadmills, we make all of it optional

Anet lied (where’s the Manifesto now?)

in PvP

aggelos r.5387

so what we do all play the same classes? 5 ele vs 5 ele?

in PvP

Posted by: Supreme.3164

Supreme.3164

You can ask for help, indicate where is your problem..or you can keep complaining on the forums with baseless arguments as many did before you..but it won’t bring you far

in PvP

aggelos r.5387

You can ask for help, indicate where is your problem..or you can keep complaining on the forums with baseless arguments as many did before you..but it won’t bring you far

Ele?

in PvP

Posted by: Neptune.2570

Neptune.2570

Honestly for a first day release on a massive update like this the balance was actually pretty good. Sure there’s some work to do, and a few builds that they obviously didn’t think about that will need fixing, but all in all well done anet.
SOme classes are unplayable? That’s bullkitten. I’ve seen potential tourney level specs from every class so far. I think the biggest issue people are having is they haven’t clicked that zerker/rauder is far from the only viable amulet.

Daliriant, Dr Octogon [Champion Illusionist]
Mellowpuff [Champion Hunter]

in PvP

Posted by: kdaddy.5431

kdaddy.5431

Every match i played if i faced a cele thief/mesmer i beat them. If they caught you with a big burst dmg the question becomes are you glass or bunker? If your glass you should go down since you got beat. I literally held a point for about 45 sec against a pure dps mesmer and a cele d/d ele. I hope you actually played with your runes and ammy before just saying there op.

On my zerker warrior i was able to kill glassy characters in 2-4 hits and i was also glass so when i got hit i went down fast too. Thats how its suppose to work.

in PvP

Posted by: Covis.6037

Covis.6037

cant say its more balanced but atleast we dont have to play the exactly same 2 year old meta builds…

in PvP

aggelos r.5387

Honestly for a first day release on a massive update like this the balance was actually pretty good. Sure there’s some work to do, and a few builds that they obviously didn’t think about that will need fixing, but all in all well done anet.
SOme classes are unplayable? That’s bullkitten. I’ve seen potential tourney level specs from every class so far. I think the biggest issue people are having is they haven’t clicked that zerker/rauder is far from the only viable amulet.

I agree that is to early and i hope im wrong, in the way i see team pvp must be 5 people that working together and no stand alone players that if your class cant do all together u are watsed, srry for my english

in PvP

Posted by: Neptune.2570

Neptune.2570

Every match i played if i faced a cele thief/mesmer i beat them. If they caught you with a big burst dmg the question becomes are you glass or bunker? If your glass you should go down since you got beat. I literally held a point for about 45 sec against a pure dps mesmer and a cele d/d ele. I hope you actually played with your runes and ammy before just saying there op.

On my zerker warrior i was able to kill glassy characters in 2-4 hits and i was also glass so when i got hit i went down fast too. Thats how its suppose to work.

Exactly what I’m saying. People are so certain thieves and Mesmers are OP is because they’ve tricked themselves into thinking they can only use a zerk amulet after the patch. I’ve also tested and been succesful with a bunker build post patch. (Far more succesful then during the cele meta)

Daliriant, Dr Octogon [Champion Illusionist]
Mellowpuff [Champion Hunter]

in PvP

Posted by: Sorel.4870

Sorel.4870

Tip: drop the berserker amulet! Marauder is better now.

Other than that, the balance is actually rather ok for a patch night. Of course, it’s worst than it was yesterday morning, but at least it’s very refreshing. The first balance changes are starting to drop (MtD, thanks Anet), and if they keep a good rhythm, the patch will have been a success.

in PvP

Supreme.3164

Ele?

You’ll need more info about the problem, are you seeing messages like “immune” when facing an ele? too much burning dmg on you? Tell me what you’re seeing and I can tell you exactly what build the ele is running and how to counter it ( now every profession can effectively counter an ele even if specced full cele bunker).

Mind you, no matter the counter, there will be always something like “personal skill level”; so while a counter may work against a low level ele, it may not work against an ESL level ele

in PvP

aggelos r.5387

Ele?

You’ll need more info about the problem, are you seeing messages like “immune” when facing an ele? too much burning dmg on you? Tell me what you’re seeing and I can tell you exactly what build the ele is running and how to counter it ( now every profession can effectively counter an ele even if specced full cele bunker).

Mind you, no matter the counter, there will be always something like “personal skill level”; so while a counter may work against a low level ele, it may not work against an ESL level ele

I dont have any problem with any class but i belive that all classes must have the opurtunity to be part on pvp and now thats seems to me not happening (i hope im wrong) and after that yes its the personal level of everyone (again srry for my english)

in PvP

Posted by: Bazooka.3590

Bazooka.3590

Ye its a ballance update everyone is 6-6-6 now. So its kittening ballanced according to anet.

in PvP

Posted by: Twonineone.3490

Twonineone.3490

Aggelos, the problem is that everybody, now, are extremely soft, even bunker build, so just choose a profession that can hit by far and you win the game

in PvP

Posted by: posthumecaver.6473

posthumecaver.6473

I don’t understand why everybody think D/D Cele is better after the patch.

It has less healing power, less boon duration, less vitality, less condition damage and it main opponents Mesmer, Warrior, Guardian buffed to the orbit and some condi engineer builds rocks also.

Do you think D/D became so good while it can now take Stone Heart, yeah it may not die but at the moment it can’t kill anybody also.

D/F Cele in my opinion got a huge buff, getting Blinding Ashes with full Water and Arcana tree is a crazy buff, but D/D ele I don’t think so.

in PvP

Supreme.3164

It has less healing power, less boon duration, less vitality, less condition damage and it main opponents Mesmer, Warrior, Guardian buffed to the orbit and some condi engineer builds rocks also.

Do you think D/D became so good while it can now take Stone Heart, yeah it may not die but at the moment it can’t kill anybody also.

D/F Cele in my opinion got a huge buff, getting Blinding Ashes with full Water and Arcana tree is a crazy buff, but D/D ele I don’t think so.

Stone heart die easily, just load him with condis while he sits in earth, dps him down after he switch to water, d/f is good yes I admit but blinding ashes is overrated, it’s only good in 1vs1 fights or very small skirmishes as the blind got kitten CD and it’s for target, any target including turrets and clones so…it’s very random

in PvP

Posted by: posthumecaver.6473

posthumecaver.6473

Stone heart die easily, just load him with condis while he sits in earth, dps him down after he switch to water, d/f is good yes I admit but blinding ashes is overrated, it’s only good in 1vs1 fights or very small skirmishes as the blind got kitten CD and it’s for target, any target including turrets and clones so…it’s very random

I am not saying it is meta or anything.

It just you can now go into the match and not get wrecked, otherwise as you say it has too many exploitable weaknesses.

in PvP

Posted by: TainoFuerte.8136

TainoFuerte.8136

I wouldn’t exactly say this was a balance “update”… More like a balance reset. This usually happens near expansion releases and the like just because they change so many things all at once. For all intents and purposes we are back at release – the last two years of balancing are basically flushed down the mystic toilet to pave way for the new systems.

The only problem is that it will probably take two more years for the game to be at a state somewhat comparable to how it was before, taking into consideration the glacial pacing of the balance team combined with all the changes that don’t do anything.

I’m probably one of the few people that always dreads patches like this. I just know in my heart they are gonna mess everything up and it’ll take ages for them to do anything about it. It’d just be great to have PvP be in a really good state before my children make me a grandparent, is all.

in PvP

Posted by: jcbroe.4329

jcbroe.4329

This was more of a system revamp than a balance. They had to go back and change the old system to match the system they were going to introduce in HoT, and with that, the opportunity to “redo” the traits was presented.

Other than that do, it really was just translating the old system to match to the new system, and all the balance team could hope to do was minimize the amount of imbalances that occur during the process.

Some people might not think it worked, some people will, but ultimately, it will come down to the time when the rest of the new system gets added together (aka when HoT drops) to really make all of the balance adjustments, so that all that is left at that point is seeing how the elite specs change the classes and whether or not they bring any new imbalances to the system at that point.

Sidenote: I’m not defending anything, I’m just explaining my takeaway from the situation. I’d be pretty frustrated too if I had thought this was going to be a balance patch.

Jroh | Former SOAC Ranger Podcaster | Platinum Division Top 100 Player
www.twitch.tv/itsJROH For stream, stream schedule, other streamers, builds, etc
https://www.youtube.com/user/JRoeboat