"This is a team game"

"This is a team game"

in PvP

Posted by: Sprawl.3891

Sprawl.3891

I couldn’t help but laugh in the thread about dueling of all the people saying “no this is a team game, based on cooperation and team work”

Yet we have an INDIVIDUAL leaderboard and rating system that shows us nothing about teams.

Well played Anet, well played.

Sprawl – Necro – Eredon Terrace

"This is a team game"

in PvP

Posted by: Archaon.6245

Archaon.6245

That’s why actual leaderboards suck…and pretty much everyone knows it…if you add leavers and crap matchmaking you have a bunch of really good reasons to go back gw1 if you want to play a decent pvp.

"This is a team game"

in PvP

Posted by: ensoriki.5789

ensoriki.5789

People asked for this so they got it.

The great forum duppy.

"This is a team game"

in PvP

Sprawl.3891

That’s why actual leaderboards suck…and pretty much everyone knows it..

yup it’s quite a joke, as someone who doesn’t watch streams I look at the leaderboard and kitten? I don’t know who plays together, which classes their team uses, how many of their wins/losses are from pugging, nada.

"This is a team game"

in PvP

Sprawl.3891

People asked for this so they got it.

people asked for a leaderboard and were expecting something like WoW Arena leaderboards (team rating, class, ability to click on player and get their personal rating, gear, spec). Instead we got a list of 1000 names and win/loss ratio lol.

"This is a team game"

in PvP

Posted by: RoRo.8270

RoRo.8270

People actually take the leaderboards seriously?

"This is a team game"

in PvP

Posted by: Master Charles.7093

Master Charles.7093

Conquest is a team game, and 5 people on 3rp party voip is by far superior.

Solo or Premade, it’s 5 people running to 3 nodes, outnumbering and destroying each other in unfairly balanced skirmishes. The entire game is about ganging up on people. Trying to do that solo, (having no communication with your team) is just mindless, happenstance bs.

1 or 2 viable builds per class = cheese vs futility

The leaderboard is mainly a list of elitists who consistently run cheese builds with 4 others in voip. The amount of people who play like this is a very small fraction of the entire player base (most of whom chose to quit rather than feed this moloch)

"This is a team game"

in PvP

Posted by: Fubar.4389

Fubar.4389

Solo or Premade, it’s 5 people running to 3 nodes, outnumbering and destroying each other in unfairly balanced skirmishes. The entire game is about ganging up on people. Trying to do that solo, (having no communication with your team) is just mindless, happenstance bs.

The leaderboard is mainly a list of elitists who consistently run cheese builds with 4 others in voip. The amount of people who play like this is a very small fraction of the entire player base (most of whom chose to quit rather than feed this moloch)

This is the best description I’ve ever read of GW2 in it’s current state and since b3ta! I wish I could award you a cookie.

Marmite – Engineer – Desolation – EU

"This is a team game"

in PvP

Posted by: Pandabro.8743

Pandabro.8743

You’ve pretty much described every single team multiplayer game ever made.

"This is a team game"

in PvP

Posted by: Juan Ignacio.8903

Juan Ignacio.8903

The definition of team work in this game is this press F to ress , run from one node to another spaming, oh and if u are a bunker dont forget to spam shouts!

"This is a team game"

in PvP

Posted by: Brutalistik.6473

Brutalistik.6473

People take anything seriously on whatever they don’t agree on especially on a model they disapprove on lols. They turn it into something serious that’s not even serious……go figure.

Pineapples

"This is a team game"

in PvP

Posted by: Arekai.5698

Arekai.5698

Who cares about leaderboards?

"This is a team game"

in PvP

Sprawl.3891

That’s why actual leaderboards suck…and pretty much everyone knows it..

yup it’s quite a joke, as someone who doesn’t watch streams I look at the leaderboard and kitten? I don’t know who plays together, which classes their team uses, how many of their wins/losses are from pugging, nada.

There are two problems with the HGH condi build:

1. It’s too well rounded, you don’t have to sacrifice anything. Ironically enough virtually all the other Engineer builds have the exact opposite issue, you have to specialize to even do kinda ok at the thing you’re specializing in yet still retain considerable weaknesses thanks to the hybrid tax.

The conclusion is pretty simple: To adjust the build, ANet need to target it very specifically rather than carpet bombing the class again like they love to do if anyone comes up with a way to build around the inbuilt deficiencies.

2. The build can overwhelm even dedicated condition cleansers without too much trouble. This is a meta game problem and will have to be solved accordingly.

Unfortunately we’ll probably see another blanket nerf, hurting other builds much more than HGH…Remember that there are other way to stack might as Engineer for example and that users of Enhanced Performance or AoE might stacking through bombs and FT would be completely destroyed by nerfs to might duration runes.

Actually, HGH nades is a hyper-specialized build that’s not rounded at all. It has:

—zero interrupts
—zero support
—a ton of conditions.

Your second point is technically correct. This is a build that can finally counterbalance bunker eles and guards. Why is that a bad thing, again?

It’s bad cuz it’s an unstoppable killing machine with unrivaled potential that hasn’t been reached by any player to date. It does have its weaknesses and right now I think a-net should work on bringing sub-par classes, utilities and trait lines up to par, but in the current meta it’s hard not to consider an HGH engi OP.

hey i watched your stream last night; and saw 2 games vs Satarractomey’s team and their ele was owning you at your treb and you had to run away or get team help every time. Was he just really good or what?

you were running rifle/nade though not p/p

yea i watched him play 2 games because there were no hgh engi guides anywhere, subsequently he just made one and is on youtube.

"This is a team game"

in PvP

Sprawl.3891

People take anything seriously on whatever they don’t agree on especially on a model they disapprove on lols. They turn it into something serious that’s not even serious……go figure.

has nothing to do with being serious or not, it has to do with being labeled as a team game and then releasing a leaderboard that has zero to do with teams.

"This is a team game"

in PvP

Posted by: Noctis Assassin.4035

Noctis Assassin.4035

leaderboards are a work-in-progress is what came across to me from what I’ve read anet say about them. They’re just letting us see what they’re comfortable with and I’m pretty sure they can do the same thing they did with “last character used” to make a last guild represented thing.

"This is a team game"

in PvP

Posted by: Brutalistik.6473

Brutalistik.6473

has nothing to do with being serious or not, it has to do with being labeled as a team game and then releasing a leaderboard that has zero to do with teams.

Well if you give it time they will get to that
Step 1:

• Leaderbords has been accomplished

Step 2:

• Additional features for leaderboards are on the way

They’re probably aware what they need to add and the feedback you’re giving along with others helps out.

Off topic:
At least it’s quicker than profession balance. I’m playing a regen warrior and I envy those classes with burst heals. High toughness can only do but so much against burst and condition builds playing as a warrior bunker . If this is their view of a warrior bunker.

Pineapples

(edited by Brutalistik.6473)

"This is a team game"

in PvP

Posted by: bhagwad.4281

bhagwad.4281

I think the obvious issue is…stop thinking of GW2 as a “team game”. It’s not. And that’s not a bad thing. You should be able to reach the top levels of play only depending on your own skill.

"This is a team game"

in PvP

Posted by: Fubar.4389

Fubar.4389

I think the obvious issue is…stop thinking of GW2 as a “team game”. It’s not. And that’s not a bad thing. You should be able to reach the top levels of play only depending on your own skill.

This is total kitten. Ofc GW2 is a team game, tPvP is five man and sPvP is zerg which by definition involves lots of people playing together.

Would you like to explain how GW2 ISN’T a “team game” as I’m waiting with interest.

Marmite – Engineer – Desolation – EU

"This is a team game"

in PvP

Posted by: Empathetic Fighter.2065

Empathetic Fighter.2065

But you know that the max. number of guild-teams playing is around 30?
Compared to GW1 this is another joke and the reason why they did single-player-leaderboards.

Read It Backwards [BooN]

"This is a team game"

in PvP

Posted by: bhagwad.4281

bhagwad.4281

This is total kitten. Ofc GW2 is a team game, tPvP is five man and sPvP is zerg which by definition involves lots of people playing together.

Would you like to explain how GW2 ISN’T a “team game” as I’m waiting with interest.

You’re simply pointing to an existing system and saying “team game!”. But we’re talking about changing the existing system in the first place. Incorporating 1v1s will not require any drastic modifications to classes or game mechanics. There’s nothing stopping GW2 from being a solo PvP game. Many people already treat it like one and find a secluded hotjoin server for this purpose.

So the answer is that despite not having official tools to do so, people still find a way to solo GW2 PvP. That in itself is proof that it can be viewed as a solo game. Now we just need nifty tools and rankings to round it off.

"This is a team game"

in PvP

Posted by: Shukran.4851

Shukran.4851

op description is op.
+1 to you really

"This is a team game"

in PvP

Posted by: Apolo.5942

Apolo.5942

How could this ever be a team game, every class is self sufficient and self reliant. In that case sure Quake 3 arena is also a team game, every one can do the same there as well.

I find it funny that you have a +Healing skill with no dedicated healer class in the game. Might as well do away with it and balance healing power through lvl.

The term Exploit means nothing in GW2 –
Vials Maize Balm Exploit(Halloween) 2014
Locked out of JP (Wintersday) 2015