Posted by: Osteg.8915

Osteg.8915

Progress in GW2

Attachments:

This is getting ridiculous

in PvP

Posted by: Iason Evan.3806

Iason Evan.3806

Seems to me like you found the perfect placement In an ideal world, this is what would happen to every player at some point. All their matches would be competitive.

Leader of The Guernsey Milking Coalition [MiLk] Sanctum of Rall

in PvP

Posted by: akaCryptic.2389

akaCryptic.2389

Anet pls change matchmaking, im losing all the time
Anet pls change matchmaking im getting 30 winstreaks
Anet this is ridiculous, my winrate is 50%

in PvP

Posted by: gin.7158

gin.7158

Pretty much sum up this season and this forum…!!

in PvP

Posted by: vesica tempestas.1563

vesica tempestas.1563

Progress in GW2

lol so you have hit the perfect point where you have reached the cusp of your skill level where you are balanced at 50%, thats a rare and beautiful thing in PVP, whats the issue? you know the higher you go the more the percentage will drop and so you will float back to this 50/50 point, unless your behaviour changes ofc (i.e get frustrated, lost concentration, then start dipping below 50% until you re balance, or get better)

“Trying to please everyone would not only be challenging
but would also result in a product that might not satisfy anyone”- Roman Pichler, Strategize

in PvP

Posted by: Ithilwen.1529

Ithilwen.1529

The issue is simple. Despite all the talk of reaching your skill level, the shiny requires advancement. That basic conflict destroys the value of the shiny for attracting new players and it will result in a lower overall population.

Mesmerising Girl

in PvP

Posted by: Hanth.2978

Hanth.2978

I don’t know if this would solve anything but it’s just a suggestion, why not have every division gated with the same rules that apply to Ruby and up? From Amber through Legendary let’s have the divisions all have the rule we can lose pips and tiers. Maybe this might help players stay where they belong. True Ambers vs Ambers, Emeralds vs Emeralds to finally Legendaries vs Legendaries. Also to advance pass Emerald our pvp rank needs to be 20? Emerald 30, Saph 40, Ruby 50, Diam 60 and Leg 70. I think players knowing this going into the season will be encouragd to pvp more non-season to not only progress rank but hopefully get better while doing so. This can only help make our pvp season more competitive.

Again all this might be a bad idea but something needs to change, the spvp community knows it and hopefully with enough feedback Anet can implement a winning formula.

in PvP

Posted by: Ithilwen.1529

Ithilwen.1529

Players “staying where they belong” isn’t the issue.

To be honest, I don’t care a whit what division anyone is in. With deliberately unfair matchmaking, division difference is meaningless. I don’t have any real respect for “Legendary” players as such.

I’d be happy as a clam to be an a lower division and getting fun matches, if the shiny didn’t require advancing in divisions.

The issue is that the shiny ( the backpack ) requires advancing through divisions. That reward was intended to attract players to PvP.

Because ANET has made it difficult or impossible to advance, the reward is denied to the very players it was intended to attract. It will alienate them instead.

At the same time, the system isn’t truly competitive either. It more or less failed on all counts.

Mesmerising Girl

in PvP

Posted by: Ragion.2831

Ragion.2831

The issue is that the shiny ( the backpack ) requires advancing through divisions. That reward was intended to attract players to PvP.

Because ANET has made it difficult or impossible to advance, the reward is denied to the very players it was intended to attract. It will alienate them instead.

So you are saying people should get a legendary backpiece just for showing up to PvP and doing well at PvP shouldnt matter. That type of thinking is just sad.

Thats like saying you should get a raise at work just for showing up even though you are doing a bad job.

in PvP

Posted by: Allure.1249

Allure.1249

I’m in the same situation you are in, because I refuse to play the Flavor of the month Elementalist who negates all ranged damage, has 40% protection, and healing auras. Or a boring Dragon Hunter who spams traps and without fail yanks you into them. Or the Scrapper, who can reflect and negate projectiles (effectively countering 50% of all the playable weapon setups) while his little gyro stomps you without him needing to even be looking at you.

These people are efficient at adhering to whatever meta is thrown at them, and are completely bereft of imagination. And yet, they win, because they, much like the Estoc spamming tryhards in Dark souls 3, know they can make up for their shortcomings, by playing the most broken things in the game.

Oh, and of course, we can’t forget the Current peak of toxicity infesting ranked matches when the winning team gives you the mandatory #Rabbit. Suggesting you are not even familiar with pvp. Just more of that great GW2 community everyone hyped me up for when I started to really try for pvp this season.

in PvP

Posted by: NICENIKESHOE.7128

NICENIKESHOE.7128

Perhaps you’ve find a nice spot in the population, there are some really close matches but there are quite a lot of 500-250s. Maybe its to do with rotations and recovery (or lack of recovery potential due to conquest limitations).

Many have stated this but I think its worth mentioning again: league should not allow players to progress indefinitely. It is used to see where player’s skills are in pvp population, a principle that is stated by dev for their “new competitive gaming features”.

The whole wing and achievement thing is ultimately an ill-thought out way that mislead people about this principle, despite it is used to attract more population pool. In this season we did see its limitations as player base dwindled and exhausted after many people get their wings.

There are few ways to break out of your situation, many has been through that stage as well. You could team up with people or adapt to several professions in case team comp isn’t in your favor. In the end though, the most reliable way in the long run is to improve on your own potential. It’s always worth asking ourselves “What has gone wrong in the last match? Is it team battle-wise or solo-fighting? Or is there a weakness in rotation? How do I prevent/recover when that happen again?”

P.S. One of those “guardians are in a good spot” post hidden in this thread, love it!

in PvP

Posted by: shagwell.1349

shagwell.1349

I was on a 22 loss streak on my alt while being on a 12 win streak on my main. What does this tell me? Right, my skill is based on which account I log into.
I could live with a win/loss/win/loss series, but getting into matches where at least one player goes afk at the start or diamond matches with a 3 people group on my side which has 1 diamond, 1 sapphire and 1 emerald makes me want to quit this game.

[orz] below mediocre – we sponsor Arenanet
Piken Square EU, maybe soon on your server.

in PvP

shagwell.1349

So you are saying people should get a legendary backpiece just for showing up to PvP and doing well at PvP shouldnt matter. That type of thinking is just sad.

Thats like saying you should get a raise at work just for showing up even though you are doing a bad job.

If you compare work and a game you don’t expect to be taken serious in this discussion, do you?
Most of the players will get the legendary backpiece. That’s the key of those achievements. They were introduced to get more people into pvp not to reward a minority of players.
They introduced reward tracks for the same reason. They want people to play that part not for some “elitist thinking contest reward”.

To get back to your comparison. If you work, you get paid for showing up, not for the quality of your work. Your employer expects you to be at work in time and do the work you have to. You won’t get paid better because you finished one hour early.

in PvP

shagwell.1349

Oh, and of course, we can’t forget the Current peak of toxicity infesting ranked matches when the winning team gives you the mandatory #Rabbit. Suggesting you are not even familiar with pvp. Just more of that great GW2 community everyone hyped me up for when I started to really try for pvp this season.

The community was much better than that until Anet started with that esports thing. The fact that something is labeled esports attracts idiots like nothing else. And with missing a ban system for bad behaviour the whole thing went down the tubes fast.

in PvP

Posted by: Ross Biddle.2367

Ross Biddle.2367

If you compare work and a game you don’t expect to be taken serious in this discussion, do you?

The comparison has nothing to do with work vs game though, if that wasn’t blindingly obvious. It’s with regards to work/success and reaping rewards.

It could be more easily put by saying “You reap what you sew”

or

The worker/gamer is worthy of his wage/reward.

in PvP

shagwell.1349

Repeating it doesn’t make it right.

in PvP

Posted by: zinkz.7045

zinkz.7045

Seems to me like you found the perfect placement In an ideal world, this is what would happen to every player at some point. All their matches would be competitive.

Look at the scores of his matches, look at how many have scores that are 500 to around 300 or less, sure sometimes a match can be competitive with that sort of score, especially on Foefire, but most times it just means it is pretty one sided, so really it doesn’t look competitive and more importantly fun, at all.

in PvP

Posted by: Sooloo.1364

Sooloo.1364

Devs create a reward to entice more people to play PvP, to increase the playerbase and make queue times smaller so it can be a more enjoyable experience for all.
Then we have a bunch of people saying that these rewards are just for the elite, you don’t deserve them just for participating. My question has always been that if the rewards are only for those that deserve them why should anyone else participate, spending countless hours chasing futility. We have unranked for that.

in PvP

Posted by: vesica tempestas.1563

vesica tempestas.1563

Look at the scores of his matches, look at how many have scores that are 500 to around 300 or less, sure sometimes a match can be competitive with that sort of score, especially on Foefire, but most times it just means it is pretty one sided, so really it doesn’t look competitive and more importantly fun, at all.

the match win rate is 50%. per game its irrelevant, a 500 v 200 usually means one side has capitulated. 500v 495 etc games are extremely rare in all mmorpg games that why there are usually achievements associated with tight scores.

“Trying to please everyone would not only be challenging
but would also result in a product that might not satisfy anyone”- Roman Pichler, Strategize

in PvP

Posted by: Zynt.5769

Zynt.5769

To be honest, I don’t care a whit what division anyone is in. With deliberately unfair matchmaking, division difference is meaningless. I don’t have any real respect for “Legendary” players as such.

I’d be happy as a clam to be an a lower division and getting fun matches, if the shiny didn’t require advancing in divisions.

At the same time, the system isn’t truly competitive either. It more or less failed on all counts.

It’s a catch 22. The backpiece is there to make PvE players want to play PvP. Once they get the backpiece they’ll stop playing PvP. If the backpiece is easy to get, they’ll stay for the time it takes to get it, then go back to PvE.

Anet want you to stay in PvP for as long as possible, to keep the population healthy, so they’ll make the requirements high to get the backpiece.

Some players, like you, are still playing for hours to try and get the backpiece, so it’s served it’s purpose of keeping you in PvP. Other players either don’t care enough about the backpiece to keep trying, so they just stopped or they’ve got it by now and have gone back to PvE.

The next league reward will probably draw PvE players back in again, despite not liking PvP or the MM system, because like you keep saying, you yourself want the shiny, so that’s why you keep trying.

in PvP

Posted by: DoomKnightMax.6592

DoomKnightMax.6592

I was in Ruby 1 for 68 games my friend. I know the struggle. Then I switched to my main class and won every game till diamond 5. Just believe my friend, anything is possible.

in PvP

Posted by: messiah.1908

messiah.1908

here is your mistake this is game not a job. top esl who doing it for money = job. all the other here to have fun . this is why ppl leaving pvp . they stop having fun as matchmaking system told them they are not good

in PvP

Posted by: messiah.1908

messiah.1908

Most of the players will get the legendary backpiece. That’s the key of those achievements. They were introduced to get more people into pvp not to reward a minority of players.
They introduced reward tracks for the same reason. They want people to play that part not for some “elitist thinking contest reward”.

To get back to your comparison. If you work, you get paid for showing up, not for the quality of your work. Your employer expects you to be at work in time and do the work you have to. You won’t get paid better because you finished one hour early.

also you get paid for doing your job and not being blame that your coworker went afk or do his job miserably unlss you are his boss so you should fired him … but in this game i cant fire afk or bad rotation player

in PvP

Posted by: Ark Bladesteele.2943

Ark Bladesteele.2943

And with missing a ban system for bad behaviour the whole thing went down the tubes fast.

This is really the biggest problem. Other games that put a lot of resources into esports have dealt with this. In GW2, you can get away with just about anything and never get banned. You can throw a match, and then insult your entire team while doing so. You will not get banned. You can actively work against your team to make them lose and not get banned.

When you combine esports with people who just like to watch others suffer, without any kind of consequences, bad things happen. Who woulda thought?

NSP’s resident crazy-eyed sylvari

in PvP

Ragion.2831

also you get paid for doing your job and not being blame that your coworker went afk or do his job miserably unlss you are his boss so you should fired him … but in this game i cant fire afk or bad rotation player

Lmao why do i keep doing this to myself.

“Its just a game” and “its just for fun” so the two dont compare are pretty much the responses im getting. Ok ill put it in a way you will understand.

I want a legendary weapon but to get one is such a pain for me because it requires so much time, collecting, killing special stuff, doing events, money and completing maps . I dont want to do all these, the game is just for fun so i should just get it for killing a few trash mobs.

This is what you are saying. How do you think people would react if legendary weapons were so easy to get you dont need to play PvE all that much or all that well to get one.

(edited by Ragion.2831)

in PvP

Posted by: Sooloo.1364

Sooloo.1364

[/quote]

This is what you are saying. How do you think people would react if legendary weapons were so easy to get you dont need to play PvE all that much or all that well to get one.

[/quote]

Legendarys can be had in seconds for gold or gems, bought or farmed.

in PvP

Ragion.2831

[/quote]

Legendarys can be had in seconds for gold or gems, bought or farmed.

[/quote]

The legendary i’m after is Astralaria. Also, they’ve stopped that system of buying legendaries. They only allowed the first gen to remain tradeable because they dont want to mess up the economy and upset people not because is should be easy to get one.

I also want the upcoming legendary armour which ofcourse isnt going to be tradeable and Ad infinitum which isnt tradeable because the “its just a game” so therefore should be handed out to everyone doesnt cut it. Either way, bringing up first gens because they happen to remain tradeable doesnt make a difference.

(edited by Ragion.2831)

in PvP

Posted by: Blackmoa.3186

Blackmoa.3186

meanwhile im bored af….

Attachments:

German Caster,
never blinking “specialist”,

in PvP

Posted by: JTGuevara.9018

JTGuevara.9018

Well, I quit playing this joke league about a month and a half ago and let me tell you, it feels GREEAAAAT!

No pip stress, no goofy matchmaking, it’s unthinkable how I was forcing myself to have fun playing something that is not….fun!

I play unranked on occassion, but I literally have one foot out the door with pvp. If this next balance update doesn’t nerf HoT elite traits/builds and bring back Solo Q, I am DONE with pvp.

in PvP

Posted by: Rekt.5360

Rekt.5360

If you PvP for the shiny then deal with it, the goal of the league system was to bring competitive matches not hand everybody a backpiece.

Vanov {Warrior} ~ Still waiting for “Guide on Making Proper ||#1 Warr NA|| Sig”

in PvP

Posted by: Rednik.3809

Rednik.3809

If you PvP for the shiny then deal with it, the goal of the league system was to bring competitive matches not hand everybody a backpiece.

Your “competitive matches” died long ago, along with death of team queue.

Kiijna, Xast, Satis Ironwail, Sekhaina, Shira Forgesparkle, Sfeno, Nasibi, Tegeira, Rhonwe…
25 charracters

in PvP

Posted by: RedZebra.2345

RedZebra.2345

y lol backpeace i refuse to take it.Why should i play other profs for a wing i never use.

Attachments:

in PvP

Posted by: Azoqu.8917

Azoqu.8917

I just want solo and team queue back, it is incredibly stupid queuing solo and fighting a 5 man premade. And anyone who says it can’t happen, well I just fought the same 5 man twice in a row (yay Legendary players making alt accounts to be in ruby).

in PvP

Posted by: Jourdelune.7456

Jourdelune.7456

At least in the old ranked system in 2013-2014, even with a 50% win rate or so, you could raise your RANK up.

Dal Aï Lhama (Tempest), Dal Lahu Akbar (DH), Lord Dhal of Dharma (Scrapper) 12k+ spvp games.
Former Team Captain of ggwp (ESL weekly), GLHF (AG), MIST[CORE] spvp alliance guild.
https://www.reddit.com/r/GuildWars2PvPTeams/

in PvP

Ragion.2831

y lol backpeace i refuse to take it.Why should i play other profs for a wing i never use.

ikr lol, i completed the achis and sold all my t6 mats for better skins and dyes

in PvP

Jourdelune.7456

Yeah… the worse is with your experiences now, on a new account you would probably be Legendary by now.

Dal Aï Lhama (Tempest), Dal Lahu Akbar (DH), Lord Dhal of Dharma (Scrapper) 12k+ spvp games.
Former Team Captain of ggwp (ESL weekly), GLHF (AG), MIST[CORE] spvp alliance guild.

in PvP

Jourdelune.7456

I was on a 22 loss streak on my alt while being on a 12 win streak on my main. What does this tell me? Right, my skill is based on which account I log into.
I could live with a win/loss/win/loss series, but getting into matches where at least one player goes afk at the start or diamond matches with a 3 people group on my side which has 1 diamond, 1 sapphire and 1 emerald makes me want to quit this game.

Welcome in Unranked, where the Queue is FAST and is able to find 9 other players like you that can make fun and competitive matches.

Doing it the hard pve way, is essentially what you said.

in PvP

Posted by: SolarDragon.7063

SolarDragon.7063

Matchmaking that balanced…. I call photoshop :P

But seriously, the situation you are showing is basically what balanced matchmaking should how. Now, how you got that I have no idea, given that S3 ranked matchmaking clearly stacks teams to create blowout victories, and I think the worst game you had was 250 and I saw multiple 400’s. My experience through ruby had multiple sub 100 games (both ways).