This is not OK

This is not OK

in PvP

Posted by: sanctuary.1068

sanctuary.1068

Anet didnt you say soloq never will face 5man premades? Well take a close look at the roster. This is in ranked.

This is why you will lose players in pvp. You say one thing, and change it and then a few months later we’re back to the same kitten and what you changed a few months ago are magically back again. Amazing.

To make my post clear, the rev qued up solo and ended up playing vs a full premade team. Im one of the duoq but id expect to get teamed with a 3man premade + my duo premade vs a 5man premade, since anet clearly said soloq would not face a full 5man premade. Yet…here we are and the poor rev had to face 5man premade as soloq.

Attachments:

(edited by sanctuary.1068)

This is not OK

in PvP

Posted by: Deimos Tel Arin.7391

Deimos Tel Arin.7391

nope. this is working as intended.

they said 5 vs 11111 will not happen

5 vs 221
5 vs 23
5 vs 2111

is fine and working as intended.

This is not OK

in PvP

sanctuary.1068

Alright, either way its not ok. No one is gonna think these kind of matchups are enjoyable. Since you also made it clear to me now that if i soloq, theres a risk for me to face 5man premades…im out from season 4 leagues, theres litterally no point to play pvp in this game.

This is not OK

in PvP

Posted by: Ashamir.9574

Ashamir.9574

Anet didnt you say soloq never will face 5man premades?

Arenanet said that a full premade will never face a full SoloQ in PvP.

Please a look at your screenshots and understand that this isn’t the case here.

Why do people still not get this? The wording on the original anet post was extremly clear in that aspect.

This is not OK

in PvP

sanctuary.1068

Why do people still not get this? The wording on the original anet post was extremly clear in that aspect.

Yes the other poster made it clear already. Do you feel these kinda matchups are ok?

This is not OK

in PvP

sanctuary.1068

Alright, either way its not ok. No one is gonna think these kind of matchups are enjoyable. Since you also made it clear to me now that if i soloq, theres a risk for me to face 5man premades…im out from season 4 leagues, theres litterally no point to play pvp in this game.

There is where you are wrong. The people who still currently plays sPvP in GW2 actually very much enjoy such matchups match after match after match. That’s why they are still playing sPvP in GW2. there is no one putting a weapon to these players head to keep playing sPvP in GW2. They do because it’s very risk adversed. The short bus players do it because they still are getting rewards for losing and are still progressing in their reward tracks.

There are loads of reasons to continue to play GW2’s sPvP. However none of them are reasons of the competitive nature.

Havent you seen how pvp is dying? Are we playing the same game?

This is not OK

in PvP

Posted by: Reaper Alim.4176

Reaper Alim.4176

There is where you are wrong. The people who still currently plays sPvP in GW2 actually very much enjoy such matchups match after match after match. That’s why they are still playing sPvP in GW2. there is no one putting a weapon to these players head to keep playing sPvP in GW2. They do because it’s very risk adversed. The short bus players do it because they still are getting rewards for losing and are still progressing in their reward tracks.

There are loads of reasons to continue to play GW2’s sPvP. However none of them are reasons of the competitive nature.

Nah GW2’s sPvP will continue to live on as long as ANet keeps on it’s path to completely destroy any piece of competitiveness left in sPvP and replace it with super causal grind fests in place of skill and competition.

Don’t need to do normal balances if the intent is to not have a competition. Catering to the super casuals of gaming is the path that ANet has blatantly took and is not going to steer off of it. Only thing we can do now is see if it’s going to be a success story or a story of total failure.

I maybe a troll with class.
But at least I admit it!
PoF guys get ready for PvE joys

This is not OK

in PvP

sanctuary.1068

Nah GW2’s sPvP will continue to live on as long as ANet keeps on it’s path to completely destroy any piece of competitiveness left in sPvP and replace it with super causal grind fests in place of skill and competition.

Don’t need to do normal balances if the intent is to not have a competition. Catering to the super casuals of gaming is the path that ANet has blatantly took and is not going to steer off of it. Only thing we can do now is see if it’s going to be a success story or a story of total failure.

Thats the thing, casuals play all kinds of gamemodes. They wont dedicate all their 2-3 hours of gameplay a day to just pvp hence pvp will become more and more empty. They scare off the pvp’ers who play the game because they are competitive since theres no competition left. We can already see this in pvp, big gaps in the mmr groups in unranked & ranked, hence all the blowout matches. This is also why the game is dying, no close matches ever. But rly, bring back soloq…

This is not OK

in PvP

Posted by: alchemyst.2165

alchemyst.2165

Last I checked PvP was meant to be a team mode.

SoloQ isn’t an actual option any more, so either deal with it and play, or stop playing. Or you could get a team. Ultimately, this is a team game, obviously there are going to be premades.

This is not OK

in PvP

Posted by: HardRider.2980

HardRider.2980

Doesn’t show Red was a team, Just shows they all worked together and won.

We are heroes. This is what we do!

RIP City of Heroes

This is not OK

in PvP

Posted by: AlexPan.8614

AlexPan.8614

Doesn’t show Red was a team, Just shows they all worked together and won.

Not sure if I’m misunderstanding your post, but you can tell that the five of them queued together because of the brackets beside all of their names.

Looking for a PvP team or people to play with?
All welcome; casual, hardcore, competitive, teams or guilds!
https://www.reddit.com/r/GuildWars2PvPTeams/

This is not OK

in PvP

Posted by: Lord Hammer Hand.4815

Lord Hammer Hand.4815

let this be a warning to all duo, trio Q players etc. if u do this u increase your chance fighting a full premade. and if ur a soloQ and this happen, blame the people who decided ill duoQ instead of getting into a 5 man. this rules is announce by anet and shouldnt come as a surprise given its already season 4.

Pacific Islander Legion [NoyP]
Black Gate
Ruthless Legend

This is not OK

in PvP

Posted by: Archon.6480

Archon.6480

…but many of the 5man teams are from WvW and are mostly horribad. What’s the big deal?

Jade Quarry – Esparie
Illustrious Exhausted Primordial Legendary Druid, and Mesmer for fun
PvE | PvP (1500)| WvW | Fractals | Dungeons

This is not OK

in PvP

Posted by: Exciton.8942

Exciton.8942

…but many of the 5man teams are from WvW and are mostly horribad. What’s the big deal?

This is actually the exact problem.

The premade team has huge disparity in their coordination and team work. But the MM will always give the same MMR compensation for a premade. This makes match involving premade team highly volatile.

This is not OK

in PvP

Posted by: Moonsinn.5382

Moonsinn.5382

Meh, it’s (edit for unnecessary censor) hit or miss either way. I’ve won and lost against 5-man premades as a solo q’er. Being premade in itself doesn’t give you much of an advantage.

Aethelweard Rex – Guard
Trist Lockwood – Thief
Aelius Swift – Warrior

This is not OK

in PvP

sanctuary.1068

This is actually the exact problem.

The premade team has huge disparity in their coordination and team work. But the MM will always give the same MMR compensation for a premade. This makes match involving premade team highly volatile.

Exactly this. My team lost because they werent fast enough to the buffs and/or ignored them entirely. The other team was cordinated and was at the buffs at all times, they also were on ts because they timed & synced their skills. I dont mind facing 3x, 2x or even 4x premades but when i face a full 5man premade i really wonder if anet couldnt find them another 5 man premade to fight verses. What does the other team learn from fighting another team which isnt a premade of 5 like they are? They dont learn anything besides from killing uncoordinated teams.

This is not OK

in PvP

Posted by: Lucred.1802

Lucred.1802

ArenaNet LIED and we routinely face 5-man premades as full-soloQ teams.

Why do people still not get this? The wording on the original post was extremely clear in that this should never happen.