This is what the new MMR did for me..

in PvP

Posted by: Arikyali.5804

Arikyali.5804

I am becoming more and more discouraged to queue up now that the leaderboards have been fully reset. I just want to go back to my old place in the ranking >.<

I’m not a divine OP PvPer that can carry rookies to victory. I’m decent. I want teammates that can work together. I’m tired of people not understanding rotations, strategy, whining about ganking 2v1 (it’s 5v5, for crying out loud). Why is my personal MMR suffering, when I try my darn hardest and people just bicker?!

It’s discouraging. It’s futile. I give my all, to rise higher on the ladder. And then I’m tossed down into the abysmal pit.

I’ve met friendly PvPers before the reset, who’ve become great teammates. The people I’d get matched up with before, we would sync together so well. The fights were always fun; win or lose and it was still gg. Glad I can still rush to them for PvP.

Attachments:

in PvP

Posted by: SobeSoul.6910

SobeSoul.6910

There is no new MMR.

If you want teammates who work together then invite 4 people with TS to communicate with in matches. Rotations in solo queue without voice communication rarely are optimal considering teammates might just follow you to a point.

It’s one of those things where you need to find other people to play with or #dealwithit. Because it’s the way solo queue has always been.

in PvP

Posted by: Kako.1930

Kako.1930

Just hold on to your amigos and try to have fun. Also keep an eye out for others like yourself if you do some matches alone, maybe you could make new friends too.

Ever think of joining a pvp guild, too? That might help.

in PvP

Arikyali.5804

What? Word in the lobby was that the MMR was reset. Did I hear wrong?

in PvP

SobeSoul.6910

What? Word in the lobby was that the MMR was reset. Did I hear wrong?

Yes.

in PvP

Posted by: Elitist.8701

Elitist.8701

Farm with a 5 man until you get your MMR to the highest tier. Proceed to have a good game every game

Best Multiclass NA. RIP my beautiful Necromancer, such a shame. Retired, April 2015. GG Anet,
I’m not coming back, not that you care.

in PvP

Posted by: Ancient.9175

Ancient.9175

I am becoming more and more discouraged to queue up now that the leaderboards have been fully reset. I just want to go back to my old place in the ranking >.<

I’m not a divine OP PvPer that can carry rookies to victory. I’m decent. I want teammates that can work together. I’m tired of people not understanding rotations, strategy, whining about ganking 2v1 (it’s 5v5, for crying out loud). Why is my personal MMR suffering, when I try my darn hardest and people just bicker?!

It’s discouraging. It’s futile. I give my all, to rise higher on the ladder. And then I’m tossed down into the abysmal pit.

I’ve met friendly PvPers before the reset, who’ve become great teammates. The people I’d get matched up with before, we would sync together so well. The fights were always fun; win or lose and it was still gg. Glad I can still rush to them for PvP.

I, actually, am the one that told you to uninstall.

Every match that I ran into with you, I saw your team lose. How do I know this isn’t just my confirmation bias? Because you currently have a 22.22% win rate; out of the 18 ranked games you’ve played to date, your teams have won exactly 4 of them.

The game that I played with you, the one you are referring to?
You used the thief downed skill to port away from me (you were in no danger) as I’m ressing you. AFTER you lost in a 1v1 on home point. I down the other player and leave you a free stomp and recap, then I resume rotating. Then you just… run off.

And let’s put this in a time-frame here. It’s not a matter of us deciding to leave the point at the same time. You were alone on the point for a significant amount of time. You left a uncapped point with a downed player on it.

You thought I’d res you, kill the other player, get the stomp, and then cap the point while you just stand there? You really need TS to have someone tell you exactly what to do? If you’d had any sort of map awareness about you, you would have seen that I had moved far away from the point by the time you left.

Blaming bad MMR systems only goes so far; at a certain point, you have to look at the common denominator. You lose over 75% of the games you step into. Son, that’s not bad MMR, that’s a bad player. I don’t care what your little circle-kittenriends says in your hug-box, having you on a team makes it significantly more likely to lose.

(edited by Ancient.9175)

in PvP

Posted by: SoulSin.5682

SoulSin.5682

Mind me.

Every match that I ran into with you, I saw your team lose. How do I know this isn’t just my confirmation bias? Because you currently have a 22.22% win rate; out of the 18 ranked games you’ve played to date, your teams have won exactly 4 of them.

Thiefs can’t carry teans. Thats a wild legend told by players that conplain about stealth.

If the team is bad, the thief loses. That’s how it works.

You used the thief downed skill to port away from me (you were in no danger) as I’m ressing you. AFTER you lost in a 1v1 on home point. I down the other player and leave you a free stomp and recap, then I resume rotating. Then you just… run off.

And let’s put this in a time-frame here. It’s not a matter of us deciding to leave the point at the same time. You were alone on the point for a significant amount of time. You left a uncapped point with a downed player on it.

You thought I’d res you, kill the other player, get the stomp, and then cap the point while you just stand there? You really need TS to have someone tell you exactly what to do? If you’d had any sort of map awareness about you, you would have seen that I had moved far away from the point by the time you left.

Thiefs don’t stomp players.
Yes it was his fault for noticing that you simply left when it was your job to do it.

Unless you are playing a class more squishy then thief.
Alas, the fact that the thief is 1×1 at home is already agravating. That’s not his class job.

Blaming bad MMR systems only goes so far; at a certain point, you have to look at the common denominator. You lose over 75% of the games you step into. Son, that’s not bad MMR, that’s a bad player. I don’t care what your little circle-kittenriends says in your hug-box, having you on a team makes it significantly more likely to lose.

Winning or losing doesn’t matter anything in the current MMR system.
Some classes simply can’t change the tides of the round alone.

in PvP

Arikyali.5804

You thought I’d get the stomp, and then cap the point? If you’d had any sort of map awareness about you, you would have seen that I had moved far away from the point by the time you left.

Oh, jeez.

First, leaderboards were reset. That doesn’t reflect an actual win/loss ratio. I’ve been going soloq for the majority of matches.

Match start, I was the ONLY one who ran for mid. No communication from anyone. No idea what anyone else was thinking. Did anyone pay attention to buff timers? I don’t recall. I didn’t WANT to 1v1 at home, but since it was contested and no one else was there, well shoot. I guess I had to go. When that player was downed, I /checked/ and saw another green name left on the point – maybe you, maybe another teammate. Whoever it was, I expected them to recap and stomp. Why? I was more concerned on grabbing the buff before the opposition, or gank a contested point.

Anyway, I wanna be civil and not point fingers/single people out. It’s past, get over it. I’ve learned my lesson not to rely on soloq with randoms. gg wp

(edited by Arikyali.5804)

in PvP

Ancient.9175

What a bunch of nonsense. A thief running off without stomp because its “not their job” is just a bad player. Shadow Refuge is an excellent stomp skill.

in PvP

SobeSoul.6910

Blowing SR for a stomp is bad usage of a 60 CD, and a better res utility.

And good thieves will poison bodies and leave as they’re job is primarily to decap or +1 fights.

in PvP

Ancient.9175

Oh, jeez.

First, leaderboards were reset. That doesn’t reflect an actual win/loss ratio. I’ve been going soloq for the majority of matches.

Yes, the leaderboards were reset. Meaning that since Friday you’ve lost 75% of the ranked games you’ve played. Period. There is no interpretation of that. That is a fact.

in PvP

Arikyali.5804

Yes, the leaderboards were reset. Meaning that since Friday you’ve lost 75% of the ranked games you’ve played. Period. There is no interpretation of that. That is a fact.

Are you still at this?

Why are you even checking my leaderboard ranking? I’ve already said: I went soloq, got a lot of uncoordinated teammates, and can’t carry. Your attitude and persistence just gives merit to that statement. You want a fact? I wouldn’t like you as a teammate and am more convinced than ever before that matchmaking could use a lot of work.

Now, can we all drop this drama and go back to clean competitive PvP?

in PvP

Ancient.9175

Are you still at this?

Why are you even checking my leaderboard ranking? I’ve already said: I went soloq, got a lot of uncoordinated teammates, and can’t carry. Your attitude and persistence just gives merit to that statement. You want a fact? I wouldn’t like you as a teammate and am more convinced than ever before that matchmaking could use a lot of work.

Now, can we all drop this drama and go back to clean competitive PvP?

What a coward. You start a forum thread qq’ing about how you were talked smack to then try to backpedal when it comes out why you were talked smack to? That’s pretty slimy.

I looked at your leaderboards because it’s an objective measure of what I already subjectively knew.

in PvP

Posted by: insanemaniac.2456

insanemaniac.2456

why did your team force a thief into a 1v1 on home? what class do you play that you stomp worse than an sd thief (there are some such as slicky kit engi, im just curious)?

arikyali, why did you 1v1 on home? dont you have better things to be doing kitten thief?

JQ: Rikkity
head here to discuss wvw without fear of infractions

in PvP

Arikyali.5804

arikyali, why did you 1v1 on home? dont you have better things to be doing kitten thief?

I don’t even remember. Forgot about that game already.