This is why spvp isn't good in my opinion

in PvP

Posted by: SniffyCube.6107

SniffyCube.6107

Why is a premade with levels such as this even allowed to go against a hotjoin team with a bunch of level 1’s? I thought that arenanet was matching elos (5th such fail today trying to hotjoin tournies)?

I just wanted to throw out that a lot of people I know have been staying out of tournaments just because of this kind of bs… spvp just isn’t fun. Whoever is doing your testing and implementation (if you’re doing any at all) should probably be fired.

A new ui? great. spectator mode? wonderful … not addressing the fundamental matchmaking flaws? horrible … Also, why is my pet stronger than most warriors?

Attachments:

The Black Tides
[TBT]
Èl Cid

(edited by SniffyCube.6107)

in PvP

SniffyCube.6107

The only explanation on how this match up even occurred (if things are indeed working as intended) is that there are so few people looking for group that it had to scrape us all together just to face these guys… and that should tell the people at anet something.

The Black Tides
[TBT]
Èl Cid

in PvP

Posted by: Laserbolt.6731

Laserbolt.6731

Some of those “Level 1”s could easily be rerolls on a second account. And the actual player would be much higher.

Scrapper: “Frank from Research”

in PvP

SniffyCube.6107

yeah I mean they were only asking how to play and using the default set ups / fighting in the middle the whole match… rerolled… totally

premades farming pugs → not fun

The Black Tides
[TBT]
Èl Cid

in PvP

Posted by: shockwave.1764

shockwave.1764

That level 43 could’ve screwed things up.

Shóckwávé 80 Elementalist, Shawk 80 Guardian,
Aolbjorn 80 Engineer | Rank 29
Staunch Evon Supporter

in PvP

Posted by: Brutalistik.6473

Brutalistik.6473

Some of those “Level 1”s could easily be rerolls on a second account. And the actual player would be much higher.

I thought people knew that logic already and 2nd its hot joins. I can agree that the new mode does make premade matches easily. I always get the It’s just a game phrase when I type in /map. wanna bet $500 they all going to be on the same team? Nobody wants to lose a good winning streak.

Fired statement is absurd because you know they have to test stuff out and receive feedback to do improvements. That isn’t rocket science.

Pineapples

in PvP

Posted by: Awe.1096

Awe.1096

Premades farming PUG-s is a ridiculous game design in a high profile title like GW2. All other games of this kind use either completly separate solo queue or they always match premades vs premades and only match premade vs. PUG if they cant find any other premade after waiting over some extended time.

Im typing this after playing SIX matches in a row in PUGs vs premades. I dont know if I should laugh or cry???

My win ratio in tournaments is around 30%. I never had such a catastrophic w/l ratio in any competetive game which I played for a longer period. I wonder why, hmm… :/

(edited by Awe.1096)

in PvP

Posted by: Brutalistik.6473

Brutalistik.6473

My win ratio in tournaments is around 30%. I never had such a catastrophic w/l ratio in any competetive game which I played for a longer period. I wonder why, hmm… :/

Yeah I do not care about win ratio much on leader boards since Tpvp are hot joins at the moment and which can be turn into premade with friends. I’ll still do the hot joins just to have some fun, but I will not take leader boards for pvp tournaments serious until they input another mode that can actual be counted to be put on leader boards. For instance like WoW arena teams where your team can be represented on the leader boards while Hot joins scores can be fit into another category.

Pineapples

in PvP

Posted by: ghaleon.2861

ghaleon.2861

I kittening hate facing premades when i solo Q.

Onesixty IQ Genius[Mesmer]
Zulu OxTactics[Zulu]

in PvP

Posted by: Parisalchuk.9230

Parisalchuk.9230

I kittening hate facing premades when i solo Q.

So you hate soloQ in general… Dont we all.

I especially hate it on Spirit Watch. Half the people either dont know how that map’s mechanics work, or just dont care and just give the opponent orbs.

O O O O I I I O – Spoons and Sporks [Soup] (Retired)
http://www.twitch.tv/parisalchuk

in PvP

Posted by: bomber.1540

bomber.1540

Wats even more fun is when one of those low lvl players decide to log out making it a 4v5

in PvP

SniffyCube.6107

hah my rank tanked 140 spots from that game… so much for leaderboards

and yeah it’s super fun when they log out

The Black Tides
[TBT]
Èl Cid

in PvP

Posted by: mbh.8301

mbh.8301

It doesn`t take more than 3 matches to get to level 2 so that either means they won a match and got catapulted to premade mmr, or the game has a tiny population. The latter is more likely.

[quote=1567239;Lexie.5894:] My PVP experience is very consistent. I run around,
I fight people, sometimes they kill me, sometimes I kill them. Fun is had by all. [/quote]

in PvP

Posted by: Calae.1738

Calae.1738

They are so few people playing, what do you expect?

in PvP

Posted by: ryston.7640

ryston.7640

anet… kittened PvP up, and continue to kitten PvP up, and need to higher new leadership for PvP. They can keep the old staff, move areas maybe, I don’t care… but it needs OLD direction. Guild Wars 1 direction. Badly.

in PvP

Posted by: Shiren.9532

Shiren.9532

I mostly ignored sPvP since launch and gave it a bit more of a go last month to get the laurels (I had around rank 10 at the time from dabbling – if I want PvP I’ll go to WvW usually). I had fun at the time – there seemed to be a lot more people of different skill levels playing so it was easier to get used to the maps and the different builds and roles. I decided recently to give it another go because it was kind of fun in the past, but I keep getting stomped every single time. Three out of four of my tournament matches look like that one with the player ranks and the only times I seem to win is when one really high ranked dude catches the other team off guard and carries or we get the rare balanced match up. It seems like the rest of the match is a disorganised gank fest of people who don’t understand builds, mechanics or team dynamics and no-one is getting a chance to learn them because a premade is stomping everyone.

I guess we don’t know for sure but my guess would be that the sPvP community is so small that this is the best the match making pool can come up with. The sad thing is, I have no desire to play it any more because getting stomped match after match by people I shouldn’t be matched with (either a collection of much higher ranked people or higher ranked people who are also premades). So the problem (a small PvP community) is further creating more of a problem by stunting its growth by discouraging new players from playing at all. It’s like sparring for the first time with a pro fighter, most people aren’t going to return to the gym (or learn anything) if they keep getting bashed by far more experienced fighters.

On top of this the hot join pub stomp matches and the daily design is terrible. Matches of fluctuating numbers teaches people nothing about 5v5 and the daily design actively discourages learning the maps and playing properly and instead encourages multiple people stacking capping nodes and moronic farming at the centre node (if you don’t stick with the pack, there is a good chance you will be ganked by three or more people at the side nodes, there are that many people running around). This is most obvious on Spirit Watch where you will see teams entirely ignore the orb and instead opt to farm each other in the middle ground for daily kills (I think the titles also fit into this).

The reward system is extremely confusing (I have no idea how to get the skins I want and the game tells me nothing about how to do it). As far as I can tell it’s a tonne of RNG locked behind different ranks with methods to reduce (but not eliminate) the RNG using heavily grinded mystic forge components. In PvE it’s relatively easy to collect a uniform look (even if it’s not the one you want), in PvP everyone looks like clowns at lower ranks and it’s frustrating trying to figure out a way to change that.

Add to all of this I have to run to several different NPCs to build my gear, I can’t swap builds on the fly like in GW1 or LoL or any other game which uses builds and instead of entering a tournament or a hot join match from the sPvP tab, I have to run across the map to a different NPC instead of jumping back in and entering a tournament from the menu quickly and easily. In GW1 we had templates (admittedly added later in development) and we also had an enter button that didn’t require us to talk to an NPC so we could easily enter the match from anywhere on the map (instead of stopping what we are doing to enter then running back). They may seem like small things but it all adds up. I also frequently end up dieing and I don’t understand why. I don’t think there is a way for me to play back my own matches and inspect the people I played or watch how they did what they did so it’s very difficult to learn what’s going on. The hot join match menu is also incredibly confusing to navigate and filter, I can understand the variables when I’m in the match (like limiting it to 5v5) but it’s hard to figure it out from the lobby menu.

Spectator mode was a nice start but in my personal experience the format isn’t very fun. There are a lot of confusing elements to it before you even get into the game (I remember my first time in there I had no idea how to get armour with stats like in PvE) and the match making makes pushing out of hot join a horribly painful experience. It’s just not fun.

in PvP

Posted by: garethh.3518

garethh.3518

That is a problem.
Games have survived with mediocre matchmaking though, IF the gameplay is genuinely enjoyable.
GW2’s isn’t.
(that’s a wee bit bigger problem)

Anyways…
I’ve always loved that quote about how ‘The masses complaining means you have a problem, but them leading you on how to fix it is just a road to more.’
Seems to be pretty true in allot of cases.
Maybe not in the case of ArenaNet since they seem plenty incompetent all on their own…

(edited by garethh.3518)

in PvP

Posted by: ryston.7640

ryston.7640

I think anet should higher new people and have them follow Guild Wars 1 as inspiration.

in PvP

Posted by: Metatail.1306

Metatail.1306

Contributing. Hope they will introduce matchmaking as a part of the next big spvp update.

Attachments:

in PvP

Posted by: Bearlin.7238

Bearlin.7238

I know that they have explained that the reason for this horrible matchmaking is because we have too few people playing sPvP. But if you think about it, this is a terrible solution as it only sways MORE people AWAY from sPvP. I can only reminisce about my very first tPvP match as a rank 5 going against a premade of rank 30s. That experience just made me keep my distance from this game mode even more.

I think that instead of implementing e-sportesque features, Anet should first address these problems…

in PvP

Posted by: uberkingkong.8041

uberkingkong.8041

Yeah metatail you see that kitten, I played back to back against premade, not any premade, I played against top 100 leaderboard premade people. Then I played a game solo que, lost to some high rank team that shouldn’t even be playing against premades and then I que up for next game and look who ya know, its the same kittening team.

You wonder why people ragequit or leave before the game even starts, its because theres no chance.

Since the system is completely bs I really don’t blame people for leaving.

When I’m solo queing I don’t want to see anyone with name like Caed, cuz that’s some bullkitten how I have to go against premades with him on there team solo que.

in PvP

Posted by: KrisHQ.4719

KrisHQ.4719

Contributing. Hope they will introduce matchmaking as a part of the next big spvp update.

It’s kinda funny randomly seeing yourself on a screenshot.
But i actually took a screenshot myself, because the matchmaking was indeed terrible.
The reason for this though was that the blue team were actually the premades, while we were just a PuG.
The matchmaking automatically counts premades to have a higher chance, hence the messed up rankings.

Attachments:

Lysis Kawahara – D/D Elementalist
Zaphiel Faires – DPS Guardian

in PvP

Posted by: Luthan.5236

Luthan.5236

Lol. But not a good premade team… they should have taken more useful classes. Then they might have been able to make it 500 / 5.

I think it also is a problem that there are not that much players playing and the searching/matchmaking timer maybe is low cause no one wants to wait long.

I had a few matches where it was like 3 or 4 guild people on both teams and I was the 5th random(an other team had a 5th random). That seemed balanced.

Maybe it is trying to balance… but if there are not enough people it is not possible and because it has to match you in 2-3 minutes(usually it does not take longer) it just makes imbalanced matches instead of letting you wait longer.

Might be more of a problem if you are top or at bottom of the leaderboards since there are less people to match you. In the middle there are a few below you and a few above you. At the top of course it’s less above you and it might be more likely to get worse enemies that are easy to beat.

Also at the mid 50% I think new players start? (They should start there because most of players are at mid and we don’t know anythinga bout them). So a lot of unbalanced matches there… since nothing is known about the new players and they could be much better or much worse than 50 percent(which makes it hard to increas from 0 to 100 cause it is hard getting past the 50 cause you can lose a lot there because of others).

in PvP

Posted by: PowerBottom.5796

PowerBottom.5796

Funny how you make your Thread about sPvP, but then talk about Solo-q….

in PvP

Posted by: GankSinatra.2653

GankSinatra.2653

solo-PvP

Message Body length must at least be 15.

in PvP

Posted by: PowerBottom.5796

PowerBottom.5796

solo-PvP

Message Body length must at least be 15.

Too bad the “s” stands for “structured”, as in premade Teams…

All zynicism aside: Of course they should split up Solo-q and premades and make seperate Ladders, but you’d have to think that ANet is totally oblivious if you assume that they don’t know about this Problem and are currently working on a solution.

in PvP

Posted by: Myrmidian Eudoros.4671

Myrmidian Eudoros.4671

I believe it was Evan that mad a post not too long ago stating that this is one of the priorities as soon as CA’s are up and going. Once they get solo and team que seperated the problem will improve for solo-quers, but it will most likely make team que a bear for new people to pick up.

Team que will be the GW2 version of HA where you have to either have an oganized team that always works together or /rank 40+ only PuG. The population is just too small for it to wind up any other way.

in PvP

Posted by: scerevisiae.1972

scerevisiae.1972

They are so few people playing, what do you expect?

Exactly. Only a couple of hundred ppl playing, you get what you get.

downed state is bad for PVP

in PvP

SniffyCube.6107

meh, I was dumb enough to think anet had done something about this hot mess that is soloq so I guess my bad

The Black Tides
[TBT]
Èl Cid

in PvP

Posted by: docMed.7692

docMed.7692

Rank =/ MMR. They could have won 1-2 matches, been sky rocketed because of this, finally hit a match that will in turn knock them down in normalization. ArenaNet should just show a person’s MMR at the end (just like rank) so we stop seeing these QQ posts of uneducated players.

in PvP

Posted by: Rerroll.9083

Rerroll.9083

Rank =/ MMR. They could have won 1-2 matches, been sky rocketed because of this, finally hit a match that will in turn knock them down in normalization. ArenaNet should just show a person’s MMR at the end (just like rank) so we stop seeing these QQ posts of uneducated players.

This one hundred times.

Stop QQing, Matchmaking is a mathematic formula. It has NO mistakes. Even if the worst company world implements it.

Rank != MMR

I know some r50+ players who are not even top 1000. So they play with lowbies. Lowbies may think “why am I playing vs a rank 50? This MMR doesn’t work”. Well, it does.

Stop whining already. If you fight someone, he has similar rating unless you have been in queue for 10 minutes or you play during nights & mornings. Im talking about EU mostly. If you don’t believe me, search in the ladders the guys you fight before every match.

And if you lose to someone with way higher MMR, dont worry. You will not lose much rating.

Up Rerroll

(edited by Rerroll.9083)

in PvP

Awe.1096

This one hundred times.

Stop QQing, Matchmaking is a mathematic formula. It has NO mistakes. Even if the worst company world implements it.

Rank != MMR

I know some r50+ players who are not even top 1000. So they play with lowbies. Lowbies may think “why am I playing vs a rank 50? This MMR doesn’t work”. Well, it does.

Stop whining already. If you fight someone, he has similar rating unless you have been in queue for 10 minutes or you play during nights & mornings. Im talking about EU mostly. If you don’t believe me, search in the ladders the guys you fight before every match.

And if you lose to someone with way higher MMR, dont worry. You will not lose much rating.

Whatever happens, MMR does not work in GW2. In WoW my arena win/loss ratio was around 50% always. In LoL my win/loss ratio is around 50% always. Those games use MMR, it works. In GW2 my win ratio in tournaments is around 30% AT BEST. Why?

in PvP

Rerroll.9083

This one hundred times.

Rank != MMR

Whatever happens, MMR does not work in GW2. In WoW my arena win/loss ratio was around 50% always. In LoL my win/loss ratio is around 50% always. Those games use MMR, it works. In GW2 my win ratio in tournaments is around 30% AT BEST. Why?

Because you must be soloqueuing. Remember you are fighting vs premades often, and you are likely to lose. That makes your 50% go down to 30%.

If you play as premade and have a 30% win rate, well I have very bad news for you.

Also, according to you the people that is on top 1000 is only there because matchmaking is helping them? Good excuse.

My advice: if you don’t want to lose, play with premades. If you don’t care about your rating, soloqueue and have fun.

Up Rerroll

(edited by Rerroll.9083)

in PvP

Posted by: Zenith.7301

Zenith.7301

The better question is how the queue system allows such horrible team compositions.

Each randomly assembled team should have a queue search for one ele or guardian at the very least.

It’s kind of dumb how a game can match a team with zero effective bunkers against one with 2.

in PvP

Awe.1096

This one hundred times.

Rank != MMR

Because you must be soloqueuing.

Exactly. And solo-only queue is the thing that I cry for since months. The biggest reason why I think PvP is broken atm.

in PvP

Posted by: Psikerlord.2569

Psikerlord.2569

Premades farming PUGs has been a problem in this game since the start. Folks have been asking for a separate solo queue since forever. Still waiting.

in PvP

Posted by: bomber.1540

bomber.1540

Can someone tell me how splitting solo q from premade can actually work? How do you fit in groups of 2,3,4?

Obviously a group of 4 has to be in the solo q, otherwise they will never get a 5th person

There’s not enough 5 man groups to have a premade q, it would take forever to pop, and you would play the same team over and over

I don’t think ppl have actually thought it thru

The prob is the afkers, the ppl who leave and ppl who simply don’t know how to play.. To try and fix this, id put heavier penalties on leavers, the ability to report afkers and have a min rank requirement of 10

in PvP

Posted by: Xom.9264

Xom.9264

There’s not enough 5 man groups to have a premade q, it would take forever to pop, and you would play the same team over and over

Too bad then they wait, right now people getting stomped by premades its causing more to leave PvP.

Heck even hot join is getting bad with guilds all picking one side stomping new low rank players and mocking them. I had to help a new player rank 6 in my guild in Spvp because guilds are stacking on one side more and more now.

Anet MUST make a true RA format Spvp is quickly turning into guilds cheating the system to smash low ranks. At least in Tpvp people have an idea what to expect.

Xomox ~Human Necro/Engineer ET

in PvP

Posted by: RaynStargaze.6510

RaynStargaze.6510

pvp fails because of crappy design and lackluster content – nothing else

in PvP

Rerroll.9083

Not true at all. People on the top are fighting only vs premades and queues are instant.

Up Rerroll

in PvP

Posted by: Lonny.9873

Lonny.9873

My advice: if you don’t want to lose, play with premades. If you don’t care about your rating, soloqueue and have fun.

^what he said.
Sad to see people complaining about being matched against premades. Treat it as a challenge and try to get better…

X Requiem X – [REQ]
Sela Nox – Mesmer
Medania – Thief

in PvP

Posted by: Kwll.1468

Kwll.1468

This one hundred times.

Rank != MMR

So you are telling me there is no way there MMR could be tweaked to be better at all and you know this how? There are tons of mathmatical formulas and many of them were tweaks many times over the years. You are giving nothing but ancedotal evidence. You can’t really tell me that everyone you fight is right by you in the ranking if you were to check at that moment that is a 100% complete lie. There aren’t enough players for it to be that way at all times of day. Just because you probably run in premades all the time and do well don’t get on your high horse and lecture solo queue people with a bunch of nonsense. It doesn’t necessarily have to be that the MMR is broken it tries to do what it is there for but there is not a unlimited ammout of players. So even if its not the MMR they need to do things like a dedicated solo queue and maybe bracketing out 1-20 rank people in there own group. Seriously blind fanboi devotion to A-net its not something to be proud of it makes you look like a fool.

in PvP

SniffyCube.6107

^what he said.
Sad to see people complaining about being matched against premades. Treat it as a challenge and try to get better…

To both of you, how is soloq supposed to be fun when you have to teach players how to play and the other team is roflstomping you at the spawn points? and the “get better” comment is ridiculous because you could be the best player in the world and get paired with four noobs and still get blown out… it’s okay for players who are in premades farming (although I don’t see the challenge) but for people that soloq it’s not fun going up against a premade team with bunkers and defined roamers who know what they’re doing while you are with rank 1s who have no idea how to play or are in any kind of voip… if I wanted that mosh pit I’d be joining the 8v8s or whatever… the rankings are a joke and the soloq is a joke… I’d like the ranking to generally reflect skill for players not in some kind of premade and who don’t spend hours upon hours destroying soloq players, many of whom don’t know the maps or any viable builds

The Black Tides
[TBT]
Èl Cid