This why Guild wars was taken out of Esports

in PvP

Posted by: Sazukikrah.5036

Sazukikrah.5036

NERFS Do NOT equal BALANCE. The amount of nerfs in this latest balance patch is atrocious. Who is directing this PvP Balance? Guard gets nerfed at least every patch… you keep nerfing power builds everyone in PvP is going to eventually just run condition mesmer or condition builds. STOP NERFING EVERYTHING.

Hadi the Edgemaster – Pro level Warrior (Youtube Hadi the Edgemaster)
Black Gate Tier 1 Roamer
Harbinger " I will make you (QQ)"

in PvP

Posted by: Sly.9518

Sly.9518

Everything was powercreeped to all hell, everything needs nerfs this is good for the game

in PvP

Posted by: Jana.6831

Jana.6831

Everything was powercreeped to all hell, everything needs nerfs this is good for the game

+1
Although I’m not too happy about pvp and wvw/pve now being separated but the buffs to warrior were game wide, well thanks.
I know it’s not easy to apply the same balance to wvw and pvp anymore but I’d wish that if one game mode had to be taken out of it, it were PvE.

in PvP

Posted by: Daishi.6027

Daishi.6027

Nerfs don’t equal balance, but nerfs are a part of balance. Same can be said about buffs.

If condi mes is to strong I hope they nerf it in line with everything else too.

“I control time and space; you can’t break free.~”
“Maybe I was the illusion all along!”

in PvP

Posted by: Cynz.9437

Cynz.9437

I think nerfs are fine (game has been powercreeped for ages), i do not agree the condi friendly direction they went with though. The issues of all the classes were also not addressed.

All is Vain~
[Teef] guild :>

in PvP

Posted by: morrolan.9608

morrolan.9608

Not everything was nerfed, condi was by and large not nerfed, its already clear this is forcing the game more into a condi meta after only a few hours.

Jade Quarry [SoX]
Miranda Zero – Ele / Twitch Zero – Mes / Chargrin Soulboom – Engi
Aliera Zero – Guardian / Reaver Zero – Necro

in PvP

Posted by: Sarrs.4831

Sarrs.4831

Read the subject and couldn’t decide if it was going to be a thief or a warrior.

Nalhadia – Kaineng

in PvP

Posted by: HeadCrowned.6834

HeadCrowned.6834

Actually mes got nerfed. But yeah, too much condis flying around.

in PvP

Posted by: xeonage.1253

xeonage.1253

This is a good begin for the balance. Nerf is a balance for this game. But they still miss the condi. Let see the condi Rev how to stack 2X torment in few sec then run away and run their def sustain? is that a PVP?
Hey, this is torment, we need movement! please bring your brain to make your game, Anet!

Attachments:

(edited by xeonage.1253)

in PvP

Posted by: NICENIKESHOE.7128

NICENIKESHOE.7128

In case anyone who don’t know, mes nerf is actually just as harsh as any other build. Illusionary reversion requires 3 illusions for it to work now, so if you actually got the patient to destroy even one phantasm or dodge shield summon you greatly decrease its pressure.

in PvP

Posted by: steelheart.7386

steelheart.7386

You people kill me most of the best builds were power last season. They make revs stronger using conditions and its OMG CONDS ARE OUT OF CONTROL. The Warrior and DH gravy train is over deal with it. This patch was mostly nerfs for just about everyone. And balance mostly involves nerfs. When you just keep boosting everything on everyone thats the worst thing you can do in general.

(edited by steelheart.7386)

in PvP

Posted by: Phantom.5389

Phantom.5389

You people kill me most of the best builds were power last season. They make revs stronger using conditions and its OMG CONDS ARE OUT OF CONTROL. The Warrior and DH gravy train is over deal with it. This patch was mostly nerfs for just about everyone. And balance mostly involves nerfs. When you just keep boosting everything on everyone thats the worst thing you can do in general.

Most of the builds were ’’power’’… yea right…They were more like full condi cleanse build. I would call them anti-condition build more than I would call them power build. I’m an old dinosaur and when I speak about power build, I expect them to deal some decent damage. So I would include DH, power berzerker, Power necro and thief as ‘’true power builds’’. What do those builds have in common? They all can deal with conditions wthout the need to invest the majority of their utilities into condi cleanse.

Chonomesmer was the biggest condi build in play followed by condi berzerker and condi necromancers.

So no it was not purely condi nor was it a power meta. It had a mix, sadly the utilities in use for almost every build was basically revolving around condi cleanse and you could not really slot anything ’’fun’’ like an offensive utility such as bull rush on a warrior, arcane blast on a fresh air ele (RIP fresh air ele), etc.

Especially when you look at Tempest, engineer and druids… they were purely support/bunker. If you put any of those builds on a node… you would often need to wait for a +1 from either side to get into play before someone died.

I do agree that I much prefer nerfs to buffs in term of balance. Just wish the balance would make it so that core builds are viable and also make it so that different utilities are in use instead of full condi cleanse builds.

in PvP

Posted by: Cynz.9437

Cynz.9437

Most of the builds were ’’power’’… yea right…They were more like full condi cleanse build. I would call them anti-condition build more than I would call them power build. I’m an old dinosaur and when I speak about power build, I expect them to deal some decent damage. So I would include DH, power berzerker, Power necro and thief as ‘’true power builds’’. What do those builds have in common? They all can deal with conditions wthout the need to invest the majority of their utilities into condi cleanse.

Chonomesmer was the biggest condi build in play followed by condi berzerker and condi necromancers.

So no it was not purely condi nor was it a power meta. It had a mix, sadly the utilities in use for almost every build was basically revolving around condi cleanse and you could not really slot anything ’’fun’’ like an offensive utility such as bull rush on a warrior, arcane blast on a fresh air ele (RIP fresh air ele), etc.

Especially when you look at Tempest, engineer and druids… they were purely support/bunker. If you put any of those builds on a node… you would often need to wait for a +1 from either side to get into play before someone died.

I do agree that I much prefer nerfs to buffs in term of balance. Just wish the balance would make it so that core builds are viable and also make it so that different utilities are in use instead of full condi cleanse builds.

Excuse me? I run withdraw because of torment spam, signet of agility for condi cleanse, same for shadowstep….. that is 2 utilties + heal just for condi cleanse. I also ran sigil of generosity to deal with condi spam until it got deleted (now only condi removal on swap). Improv so i have chance to get those utilities off-cd or get double plasma for extra resistance. Add dash to the mix as well. I think that is quite few condi cleanses there. Without those i would be camping spawn all day.

All is Vain~
[Teef] guild :>

in PvP

Posted by: Phantom.5389

Phantom.5389

@Cynz

Yea, sorry I should have clarified that thief can deal with condi because they mostly +1 (thus have less risk of being condi bombed since they don’t fight for the point control, aka they are not the ones who stand in the circle most of the time). But agreed that even then, thief run some condi cleanse on their kit, but their utilities are for the most part simply fabulous even if not used against a condi user…

I agree that those skills are anti condi, but some are also #1 choice against many power builds. Especially Withdraw which is my favorite heal on thief (bring back S/D thief anyone?). And shadowstep…. I mean even if it have condi cleanse, you simply can’t imagine a thief without it since it goes too well with what a thief want to do (mobility + one of the best stomp secure skill in the game).

Agreed that for signet of agi, a thief mostly pick this because the meta force a lot of condi cleanse (but the extra dodges are still decent).

(edited by Phantom.5389)

in PvP

Posted by: Tyrion.9015

Tyrion.9015

Guild Wars was an eSport long time ago, but they decided to make a PVE game. Sorry.

in PvP

Posted by: jihm.2315

jihm.2315

mmos should be fun and accessible to everyone
leave the esports to mobas and first person shooters
the latest patch finally improved the game but theres still a long way to go

action combat made mmos better lol

in PvP

Posted by: Spartacus.3192

Spartacus.3192

Everything needs to be nerfed. INCLUDING condi. Way too much powercreep.

This is probably the one time players and ANET agree. Players want power creep reversed and ANET needs to nerf so that their new elites look OP in comparison so that they can sell more copies of the expansion.

Win Win :P

Your typical average gamer -
“Buff my main class, nerf everything else. "

in PvP

Posted by: Ithilwen.1529

Ithilwen.1529

In case anyone who don’t know, mes nerf is actually just as harsh as any other build. Illusionary reversion requires 3 illusions for it to work now, so if you actually got the patient to destroy even one phantasm or dodge shield summon you greatly decrease its pressure.

Not only that, one of the “buffs” to Mesmer doesn’t work.

Mesmerising Girl

in PvP

Posted by: Zintrothen.1056

Zintrothen.1056

Nerfs are bad when something is weak. Nerfs are good when something is too strong. Most things in this game are too strong; therefore nerfs are good. It’s really simple actually.

in PvP

Posted by: Daishi.6027

Daishi.6027

If everything before was why we don’t have E-sports, why then is changing everything from what we had before in opposite direction the reason also why we don’t have E-sports?

Some kitten is over tuned in the condi department, as well as others, but we’re closer to pre-hot balance than before; so I call that an improvement.

I dunno about the rest and this is highly debatable, but on Mes and War core is starting to seem more appealing, and if we’re going towards core being more balanced with elite specs I’m good with that too.

Honestly the only reason to be upset is because we’re going to be stuck with the over tuned crap, bugs, and unintended issues that come with every patch for half a year, only to get screwed up again by the expansion…

Oh! Now I see what you’re saying.

“I control time and space; you can’t break free.~”
“Maybe I was the illusion all along!”

in PvP

Posted by: Apolo.5942

Apolo.5942

Balance is not the point of The patches, Shaking the meta is.

The term Exploit means nothing in GW2 –
Vials Maize Balm Exploit(Halloween) 2014
Locked out of JP (Wintersday) 2015