Thoughts on how to nerf engineer

in PvP

Posted by: choovanski.5462

choovanski.5462

play some condi ranger and always remember to entangle after the engineer uses healing turret. you should win every time.

does Engi have a lot of CC? yes
does Engi have good defense vs power dmg? yes
is Engi a free kill for condi builds? yes

any competent condition build can just farm the enemy engineer for the whole match. it’s really no surprise the class shines in other areas, it’s almost as if it’s been given compensation for being designed to lose vs condition damage.

slick shoes doesn’t need to be nerfed into pointlessness. have you ever seen somebody use kick? ever wondered why?

. Engi & Warr . Beta > 2017 Death of PvP
currently a Boyfriend main :P
Waiting To ReRoll Mystic & Forget About Tyria

(edited by choovanski.5462)

in PvP

Posted by: Dralor.3701

Dralor.3701

I think this guy has made a nerf thread on every class except necro?

in PvP

Posted by: Laraley.7695

Laraley.7695

And now guess what his main is.

in PvP

choovanski.5462

comically it hard counters engineer

in PvP

Laraley.7695

I’ve sad this before, but necro only hardcounters engi if both plays condi, which is not really common anymore.

in PvP

Posted by: TheBlackLeech.9360

TheBlackLeech.9360

Stop using stability then geez popping stability and run across all cc in the game

YEEAAA BALAANCEE!!

Now u see how classes with little to no stability had it all along

That seriously does not justify to have something as broken as Slick Shoes in game.

u cant see giant spouting oil ponds on the ground?
think about how u engage a engineer next time

…except that’s not how the engineer uses the skill and you know it.

Without warning, they are running through you with slick shoes active.

There is rarely an occasion where an engineer is using this defensively.

Its not as much of a “stay away” or “be careful about your approach”
as it is an offensive “LOL, you get to lay down now”

in PvP

choovanski.5462

I’ve sad this before, but necro only hardcounters engi if both plays condi, which is not really common anymore.

only the necro needs to play condi really

in PvP

Posted by: Spencer.5792

Spencer.5792

So there is a huge balance patch coming, and you’re posting about nerfing a class that is one of the least OP profession post-balance?

in PvP

Laraley.7695

So there is a huge balance patch coming, and you’re posting about nerfing a class that is one of the least OP profession post-balance?

Least? Lol.

in PvP

Posted by: Spencer.5792

Spencer.5792

Least? Lol.

Have you seen the Mesmer traits?

in PvP

Laraley.7695

Least? Lol.

Have you seen the Mesmer traits?

Have you listened when they said the numbers are not final, nor the changes?

in PvP

Posted by: Tao.1234

Tao.1234

So power necro doesn’t hard counter condi engi or power engi?

Have you even played 100 matches in PvP with Engineer?

Suspended for telling Like it is.
Anet gave birth to Gw2 – Anet killed Gw2.
Murican law 2015.

in PvP

Posted by: Tissitra.4153

Tissitra.4153

Power necro does not hardcounter either power engi or celestial engi. Rifle generally is very good against necros because of all the cc.

in PvP

Posted by: vincecontix.1264

vincecontix.1264

Power necro does not hardcounter either power engi or celestial engi. Rifle generally is very good against necros because of all the cc.

Nope cele is still countered by Power and Condi necro. Not as hard as condi engi but still very clear counter. Condi Ranger is also and soft counter to engis.

Shikamaru X Thief, Warrior, Mesmer, Engi(FT leader)
Highest ranked reached 28 soloq
Isle of Janthir

in PvP

Posted by: vincecontix.1264

vincecontix.1264

The only thing I would like to see nerfed slick shoes. It should not knock players down if they are not moving. The stun break should be increased by 5secs.

Shikamaru X Thief, Warrior, Mesmer, Engi(FT leader)
Highest ranked reached 28 soloq
Isle of Janthir

in PvP

Posted by: Sagat.3285

Sagat.3285

Nope cele is still countered by Power and Condi necro. Not as hard as condi engi but still very clear counter. Condi Ranger is also and soft counter to engis.

Most of the time the necro will be at a disadvantage depending on the comps of both sides and how the game starts.

“Revenant is actual proof that devs read the necromancer forum” – Pelopidas.2140
The Dhuumfire thread

in PvP

Posted by: BurrTheKing.8571

BurrTheKing.8571

So many over-the-top suggestions…

When it comes to the holy trinity of Celestial builds the Engi is the most beatable. That being said certain skills are simply lacking in a easily visible tell or last too long.

Overcharged Shot: I used to be against “nerfing” this skill because often times it can be the only way to reliably CC a skilled opponent since skills like Magnet have a massive tell. That being said making it a quick 1/4 second cast and adding some sort of animation (it can even be subtle) would make it feel way less frustrating to be hit by. No need to remove the condi removal (I think that’s a cool part of the skill, especially with Entangle being so strong).

Healing Turret: Again, all it needs is either a slightly longer cast time (3/4ths of a second), OR a delay on the secondary burst (1/4th).

Gear Shield: Either a duration reduction of a recharge increase. I wouldn’t go overboard though, while on cele builds it feels cheap please remember that Static Discharge Engis use this as some of their only sustain.

Slick Shoes: The oil circles disappear after someone slips on them and they can’t be overlapped. It’ll still be a solid skill if you can surround your target but there’s still a way to escape.

Incendiary Powder: This one is tricky. Rather than it be a trait that is basically guaranteed to hit you eventually I’d rather it be a “on kit swap” effect like say Sigil of Doom. When you swap to a kit (with an ICD of course) the Engi will get a little icon and maybe an aura effect of some sort. If their next attack gets block/blinded/etc it misses and goes on ICD.

Yes, this may screw over some sort of no kit build…but I can’t think of one that would use IP and be effective in the first place. With this system the IP becomes more predictable for both the Engi and whoever they’re fighting. You could still run Sigil of Geomancy and swap next to your foe…but if a generally kiting class like Engi is trying to hug you then you should know what to expect.

I don’t find any of these changes to be too extreme. They would not destroy the classes viability but would add just a little more counterplay. All changes may not even be needed. Start with the simple ones like OC Shot, Slick Shoes, and IC and see how that changes things.

OP as usual seems to want to just destroy something that’s meta rather than tuning it.

Just an angry old man…

Old Man Burr (War), Bad Hat Ben (Engi), Manly Manny Manson (Guard)

in PvP

Posted by: Nova Stiker.8396

Nova Stiker.8396

Where is the engineer buff thread? Engineer has more useless traits than Elementalists and more useless utilities than Warrior.

Granted, what they have is stupidly good but honestly, take out Incendiary powder and you’ll find cele-rifle damage plummet. Take out Toolkit, they can just be wrecked in team fights. Healing Turret far exceeds other heals due to it’s ability to be used while CC’d.

Then again, is it ideal to have an engineer be in the frontlines with a rifle?

(edited by Nova Stiker.8396)

in PvP

Laraley.7695

Where is the engineer buff thread? Engineer has more useless traits than Elementalists and more useless utilities than Warrior.

Once things that need to be nerfed are nerfed, you can go and ask for buffs to skills like Personal Battering Ram.

in PvP

choovanski.5462

there are a lot of heavily underrated traits and combos. barbarian HGH is surprisingly good, my staple build uses throw mine which is a very nuanced skill (some great cooldown manipulation you can do). however, that’s not to say a lot of things need improving… the gadget traits are… well yes.. those.

(i tested throw mine against slick shoes, and it’s definitely better in a number of situations. it’s flown completely under the radar)

(edited by choovanski.5462)

in PvP

Posted by: RoRo.8270

RoRo.8270

How do you people let this dude troll you over and over like this?