Thoughts on revenant?

Thoughts on revenant?

in PvP

Posted by: rainisword.7860

rainisword.7860

I played in the beta today and was spending a lot of time tinkering with rotations and looking at traits. What do you guys think? I love the mechanics of the class, but there are a few things im worried about.

Mainly this class seems to have a kittenload of condi output lol. There are already classes/builds in this game that have the same, but from what I remember hearing from devs, they said from a design perspective that with condi heavy classes they didn’t want them to have a lot of condi mitigation(even though this isn’t true for some condi builds). I feel like this is completely untrue for revenant. There are a ton of ways you can usefully mitigate condis.

The devs called it condi manipulation(similar to how necros do) and it certainly is but doesn’t that essentially achieve the same thing as condi removal does(getting rid of the threat of condis’).

I could be wrong, maybe it won’t be as strong as I think. Also, the one other trait I used that felt super strong was the fury related trait where fury is now 70%.

Thoughts on revenant?

in PvP

Posted by: Scoobaniec.9561

Scoobaniec.9561

Also, the one other trait I used that felt super strong was the fury related trait where fury is now 70%.

A reason why i cant take your post serious. Why?

https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Roiling_Mists
l2read issue

Thoughts on revenant?

in PvP

rainisword.7860

Also, the one other trait I used that felt super strong was the fury related trait where fury is now 70%.

l2read issue

Ye my fault, I tested it in game though and it actually buffs your fury to 50% instead of 20. So thats really strong still. I went from 30 percent crit chance to 80. If you combined that with the other crit chance trait you could easily have 100 all the time lol. It works really well if you get access from fury from your heals and stunbreaking. At that point you have 100% fury uptime.

Thoughts on revenant?

in PvP

Scoobaniec.9561

l2read issue

Ye my fault, I tested it in game though and it actually buffs your fury to 50% instead of 20. So thats really strong still. I went from 30 percent crit chance to 80. If you combined that with the other crit chance trait you could easily have 100 all the time lol. It works really well if you get access from fury from your heals and stunbreaking. At that point you have 100% fury uptime.

Still wrong.

Effectiveness Increased: 50% – means its 50% better than base effect. In this case 20+50%=30% crit chance from fury

Thoughts on revenant?

in PvP

Posted by: Drarnor Kunoram.5180

Drarnor Kunoram.5180

l2read issue

Still wrong.

Effectiveness Increased: 50% – means its 50% better than base effect. In this case 20+50%=30% crit chance from fury

He tested it and his test shows otherwise. Sure, what you’re saying is how it should work given what’s written, but that doesn’t mean it’s how it actually works.

Dragonbrand |Drarnor Kunoram: Charr Necro
http://www.twitch.tv/reverse830
I’m a Geeleiver

Thoughts on revenant?

in PvP

rainisword.7860

l2read issue

Still wrong.

Dude im playing the beta right now, id know better than you lol. Fury gives you 50% crit chance not 30. I know what it says and how it sounds and thats what I thought as well. I easily got 100% crit chance with both grandmasters. Because you can have a high fury uptime and gain crit chance continually in combat until you are crit.

Thoughts on revenant?

in PvP

Scoobaniec.9561

l2read issue

Still wrong.

He tested it and his test shows otherwise. Sure, what you’re saying is how it should work given what’s written, but that doesn’t mean it’s how it actually works.

I doubt he actually tested it given his first post. If that is actually true then its nothing else but a bug but i would like to see screenschot at this point.

Im a bit ofensive but im tired with all that “revenant op nerf asap” bs

Thoughts on revenant?

in PvP

Posted by: Nyx.7342

Nyx.7342

Also why are you so concerned over that mistake he made…revenant is a new class, maybe he doesnt know everything about it already lol….

Anyways i didnt get to test in the beta, but i was watching tarcis stream this morning. Seems like they need to do a lot of work on the class toning it down a little. Has a lot of condis, as well as a lot of just general benefits and easy blasts.

Besides the OPness of it at this stage in the beta, i personally probably wont play it much. I never liked support roles and i can see revenant becoming known for support especially in pvp.

Edit: What’s wrong with the revenant op nerf asap bs? it really does feel at the very least slightly over powered. And thats entirely fine since its a new class so it makes sense Anet would make it as best as possible than tone it down to balance with others.

Thoughts on revenant?

in PvP

rainisword.7860

l2read issue

Still wrong.

I doubt he actually tested it given his first post. If that is actually true then its nothing else but a bug but i would like to see screenschot at this point.

Im a bit ofensive but im tired with all that “revenant op nerf asap” bs

I never said nerf revenant lol im just giving my thoughts on the class as I see it. Chill out. Don’t be jelly you didnt get an inv. I’ll post a proof pic if you really want one.

I really like the revenant so far actually. It has an interesting playstyle that I still haven’t figured out. It does have the ability to spam a ton of condis though which is interesitng. I managed to put 15 stacks of confusion on in about 4 seconds.

However my feeling is, is that it will be like that and you can’t just spam skills(like heartseeker), but must stick to a certain rotation.

(edited by rainisword.7860)

Thoughts on revenant?

in PvP

Scoobaniec.9561

Nah, im not jelly :P i will be jelly if i wont get inv once the beta come out with access to all weapons/traits/legends tho..I will burn this forum at this point xD

Howered If thats the case then report it as a bug. There was few bugs found out like Rite breaking stun without consuming energy if you intterupt it.

Thoughts on revenant?

in PvP

Posted by: Toxsa.2701

Toxsa.2701

l2read issue

Quick question, do you have access to beta and actually play Revenant?
If no, then you have 0 credibility as to saying anything.

Thoughts on revenant?

in PvP

Posted by: Zero Day.2594

Zero Day.2594

l2read issue

Quick question, do you have access to beta and actually play Revenant?
If no, then you have 0 credibility as to saying anything.

How would you be able to verify?

Thief Nerf/Change Wish List. Advice List
Join the TEEFs!

Thoughts on revenant?

in PvP

Posted by: Exedore.6320

Exedore.6320

Revenant as a whole
With two missing trait lines, 3 or more missing legends, and missing weapons, it’s really hard to tell how good or bad it will be overall. Some traits are pretty silly, but they have a few months to tweak them still.

General theme is a lot of Torment with a few other conditions spread around. Seems like the Fury boon will be a big theme too.

Hammer
The hammer feels disjoint as a weapon and doesn’t pair well with any of the currently available legends or traits nor do its abilities fit as a package. You’re best off using #2 on cooldown at max range (more damage the further the target is); if it hits, it does a lot of damage. You can easily counter hammer revenant by staying in melee. I doubt it will see much use in PvP, though will probably see use in WvW.

Mace/Axe
Pretty good weapon set for condi or maybe hybrid builds. Low cooldown blast finisher on mace #3 is nice. Axe off-hand has a pull and a teleport, so it will probably see a lot of use in PvP.

Jalis
Very defensive with one big CC which costs a ton of energy. Abilities are best in melee or short range. I see this mostly being used for high stability uptime with Inspiring Reinforcement (the road). Rite of the Great Dwarf (reduces damage to affected allies) is powerful, but the cast time is prohibitive. It might become a staple legend for self-survival.

Mallyx
Stupidly overpowered right now and if it goes live as-is, it will force every condi build out of PvP. If you have 3 or more conditions on yourself (and your abilities put conditions on yourself), the Mallyx abilities apply bonus conditions. Its boon strip (2 boons) will apply 5 stacks of confusion per cast if you have 3 or more condis on yourself. And you can chain it, so with cover conditions, you’re pretty much giving someone a death sentence in a few casts. It also can give itself resistance in order to ignore conditions on itself for a short time.

Traits
Seems like the Invocation trait line will be pretty important for PvP. Too hard to say anything about the others.

Kirrena Rosenkreutz

Thoughts on revenant?

in PvP

Posted by: Drarnor Kunoram.5180

Drarnor Kunoram.5180

Condi necros will wreck Mallyx Revenants. Basically the only condi build that has a shot against them, though.

Dragonbrand |Drarnor Kunoram: Charr Necro
http://www.twitch.tv/reverse830
I’m a Geeleiver

Thoughts on revenant?

in PvP

Posted by: Sabre.8627

Sabre.8627

Condi necros will wreck Mallyx Revenants. Basically the only condi build that has a shot against them, though.

^This

A Carrion necromancer is probably the only condi build that could withstand all the ridiculous torment and confusion stacks. Plus they can either just eat them up or throw them right back at the revenant.
Their healing skill also looks very similar to a Necromancer, except it doesn’t seem like it actually CLEARS their conditions, while a necro’s does.
The only thing that worries me is invoking legends in combat and how that works and what limitations it has.

Thoughts on revenant?

in PvP

Posted by: alcopaul.2156

alcopaul.2156

revenant will get owned in spvp capture points. but if what im thinking will push through (stronghold 8v8 with guild ladder just like in gw1), revenants will shine.