Three Reasons GW2 Will Never be an E-Sport

in PvP

Posted by: No Walking.6349

No Walking.6349

1. Leavers being allowed at all in tournaments, the “hardcore pvp” option.
  2. No rating system at all besides leaderboards (useless), and glory (can get through casual pvp).
  3. downing 3 people, then having them all rally off of a single kill, the biggest failing of this pvp system.

Sorry, but GW2’s dreams as an e-sport are long gone. Maybe we’ll have better luck with TES:O

(edited by No Walking.6349)

in PvP

Posted by: Adaneshade.2409

Adaneshade.2409

Don’t hold your breath. TESO’s PvP has been uncovered as a complete failure already…… Maybe Camelot Unchained? That’s a few years down the road at best, though.

~Shadowkat

in PvP

No Walking.6349

TESO’s PvP has been uncovered as a complete failure already.

Oh right, I totally forgot that there are people who can see into the future :/

in PvP

Adaneshade.2409

No, but there are people who have played their PvP in BETA and found it to be poorly implemented almost feeling like an afterthought rather than the primary focus.

~Shadowkat

in PvP

Posted by: Dadi.1870

Dadi.1870

1. not that easy to determine if leave was intentional or smth just happened and that player god dced. -give it time
2. -give it time
3. in my experience – really rare to see 3 ppl rally of a single kill, actually i dont think i’ve ever seen it in tpvp :S its not a fail, noone can predict the outcome of a battle…

its so easy to complain about little things that u dont like without thinking of the million other players and their opinions, but apparently its really hard to give constructive criticism instead of pointing out what should be done about it… classic

in PvP

Posted by: Dirame.8521

Dirame.8521

1. not that easy to determine if leave was intentional or smth just happened and that player god dced. -give it time
2. -give it time
3. in my experience – really rare to see 3 ppl rally of a single kill, actually i dont think i’ve ever seen it in tpvp :S its not a fail, noone can predict the outcome of a battle…

its so easy to complain about little things that u dont like without thinking of the million other players and their opinions, but apparently its really hard to give constructive criticism instead of pointing out what should be done about it… classic

This is exactly what I was about to say. The OP should please elaborate on how things are “useless” and how they can be improved. Complaining about things without suggesting a solution isn’t helping anyone but your airvents.

I make guides to builds you may not have heard of;
http://www.youtube.com/user/ceimash
http://www.twitch.tv/ceimash

in PvP

Posted by: Nilvio.7941

Nilvio.7941

2. No rating system at all besides leaderboards (useless), and glory (can get through casual pvp).
  3. downing 3 people, then having them all rally off of a single kill, the biggest failing of this pvp system.

Sorry, but GW2’s dreams as an e-sport are long gone. Maybe we’ll have better luck with TES:O

So you are saying that leavers, no rating system and downed state is reason why this game is not esports?

If that was case, then we would be in pretty good spot. But its not

There is 2 really big problems at the moment. First one is that, there is no CUSTOM SERVERS. I just cant kittening understand why would you even market game as esports or competitive pvp game, If you cant even get basic features on launch that competitive community needs.

Secondly another huge problem is that, This games is freaking boooooooring to watch. I already noticed this one on like BWE #1. Its just too slow and stale.

So yeah problems that you listed are pretty small.

English is not my native language :)
RETIRED MESMER YO!

in PvP

Posted by: Sprawl.3891

Sprawl.3891

No, but there are people who have played their PvP in BETA and found it to be poorly implemented almost feeling like an afterthought rather than the primary focus.

Just like GW2 beta then.

Sprawl – Necro – Eredon Terrace

in PvP

Adaneshade.2409

Just like GW2 beta then.

Well, definitely not better … lol.

~Shadowkat

in PvP

Posted by: Grizledorf.5290

Grizledorf.5290

1. Rally system is cool, fun, part of the game.
  2. Keep practicing
  3. You just got spanked, came to the forum to complain, see number 2.

in PvP

Posted by: Lukin.4061

Lukin.4061

I disagree with your points why it will not become an esport. In my opinion it is just that the game is extreamly lacking – its boring to play conquest, its even more boring to watch it. This game had great ideas, no healers, no gear advantage, fast combat, blocking/dodging by yourself, but it has not been developed at all since beta weekend. They should have implemented new modes already, that may require different builds of players (no more bunker-burst), thus creating a larger pvp community, since people tend to like variety instead of the same monotonous thing.

But currently as we can all see – pvp gets new strange “balance” updates (?), while pve (the main focus of the development), gets new maps, new instances, new gear, new modes, etc. Some people say that it is because pve brings money so that is why everything is for pve crowd. Maybe, maybe, but how can arena net hope to get $ from pvp community if they do not invest in it at all? They should spend money to get money, that is how investing works…

P.S. I agree that leaderboards have to be improved.

in PvP

Posted by: Vena.8436

Vena.8436

You’re joking right? TESO?

Have fun with kitten PvP and combat, and grind baby grind.

Vena/Var – Guardian/Thief
[Eon] – Blackgate

in PvP

Posted by: butch.8136

butch.8136

Downed state is fun. If you leave 3 people lying around without stomping, it’s your fault that they get up again. Because getting people 3 downed makes you have the upper hand. Even when they get up, the chance is there if you’re rly rly unlucky, you can still win the fight.

Downed state adds something to the game. We don’t need to simplify it more.

Razor xxxx (Desolation ; Off)
Bring back: ‘Gamer’ title + MAT’s!
Throw out: Hotjoin!

in PvP

No Walking.6349

Hmm…..it’s too bad you can’t provide a link to prove this statement Go ahead and try

in PvP

Posted by: Jacobin.8509

Jacobin.8509

Its safe to say with the implementation of these leaderboards, which are even more pointless than the QP boards, that the whole Esport idea was a complete lie invented by the marketing dept then propagated further by the spvp devs who were no doubt following the orders of their PR masters.

Its the perfect example of a company promising everything under the sun then failing to deliver. Anet is just lucky that PVE caught on which has hidden this gigantic failure.

Why did spvp fail?

8 Team queue for 5-6 months
No private servers
No rating / elo
No true solo queue
Zerg/farm join
Lame bunker or burst meta / teleport mesmer
Conquest sucks

The list goes on and on and not a single one of the issues has been fixed since launch.

in PvP

Posted by: Apolo.5942

Apolo.5942

Its the perfect example of a company promising everything under the sun then failing to deliver. Anet is just lucky that PVE caught on which has hidden this gigantic failure.

Why did spvp fail?

8 Team queue for 5-6 months
No private servers
No rating / elo
No true solo queue
Zerg/farm join
Lame bunker or burst meta / teleport mesmer
Conquest sucks

As a GW1 fan, it pains me to agree, the Downed system is a poor substitute for proper support classes and melee classes are essentially irrelevant and week. I find it ironic that a game Such as GW1 which was renowned for its PvP and had a mediocre at best PvE managed to pull a 180 on this on its sequel.

The term Exploit means nothing in GW2 –
Vials Maize Balm Exploit(Halloween) 2014
Locked out of JP (Wintersday) 2015

in PvP

Adaneshade.2409

Hmm…..it’s too bad you can’t provide a link to prove this statement Go ahead and try

http://www.keenandgraev.com/2013/03/20/ruin-3-faction-mmo-pvp

Is one example of many….. but googling is just too tough for some people.

~Shadowkat

in PvP

Posted by: Minion of Vey.4398

Minion of Vey.4398

I think there’s really only one reason that matters:

It’s pretty kitten boring to watch. There isn’t really much to see a good team do. Having people be coordinated and come to the right circles at the right time isn’t exactly something that’s going to keep me watching a stream.

Actual variety in combat in what you can do is so limited. If I watch the top guys play a profession, and I’m experienced with playing it myself, I’m probably not really going to see them do anything particularly interesting. No “Whoa that was really sweet when he did x!”.

in PvP

Adaneshade.2409

I think there’s really only one reason that matters:

It’s pretty kitten boring to watch. There isn’t really much to see a good team do. Having people be coordinated and come to the right circles at the right time isn’t exactly something that’s going to keep me watching a stream.

Actual variety in combat in what you can do is so limited. If I watch the top guys play a profession, and I’m experienced with playing it myself, I’m probably not really going to see them do anything particularly interesting. No “Whoa that was really sweet when he did x!”.

This is due to them picking conquest as the mode. People are always going to be more interested in the kills than the point captures.

~Shadowkat

in PvP

Posted by: Pandabro.8743

Pandabro.8743

I laughed.

Listing three things that could change tomorrow and using the word “Never”.

in PvP

Posted by: Raptured.9307

Raptured.9307

Don’t forget underwater battles…

Rank 37 spvp, dungeon master
[HL] Deadly Protection @ Sanctum of Culling

in PvP

Posted by: Shoryuken.9435

Shoryuken.9435

Remove the down system. It was a cool idea at the start. But now It just ridiculousness. Let players who die, die.

Or make it so you can only enter downed state once every 30min or so.

in PvP

Posted by: Nettle.9025

Nettle.9025

Who cares if this game becomes an esport? I don’t get why people make a big deal of this. If you like it, play it. If you don’t, then don’t.

Badding up tourneys since 2012
NA tPvP – Elementalist – Thief

in PvP

Posted by: Panda.1793

Panda.1793

Sorry, but GW2’s dreams as an e-sport are long gone.

Woooooooooooooo, maybe they can start to make this game better now

in PvP

Posted by: Login.5102

Login.5102

1 . LOL- allows leavers in ins ranked games. LOL is a very popular Esport

2. LOL- Can get IP points through casual pvp. Better rating systems will com in time.

3. Could be patched, maybe the player who caused the most dmg gets rallied? Agree with you on this quite annoying.

Gw 2 is not even a year old, and has a lot of potential.

in PvP

Posted by: EoNxBoNx.9213

EoNxBoNx.9213

Lol give me a break. There is a rating system is just isn’t visible. And that is how the Leaderboards are ranked.

It has already been cleared up that if you leave your rating takes a hit.

Don’t let someone finish your team-mate? I don’t know your class, but there are numerous ways you can interrupt a stomp. E.g getting your own rally.

Basically this. https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/pvp/pvp/sPvP-Leader-board-F-A-Q/first#post1814952

“You’re either a Noob or a Pro your entire life, that’s life”
IGN – Kinjax // World – Anvil Rock
IGN – InTheseDays // World – Anvil Rock

in PvP

Posted by: waka.9826

waka.9826

Who cares if this game becomes an esport? I don’t get why people make a big deal of this. If you like it, play it. If you don’t, then don’t.

Basically this. Get over the whole esports thing you neck beard.

in PvP

Posted by: Trismegistos.3046

Trismegistos.3046

i dont think these are the reasons why it cant be a successful esport.

downed state/finishing is annoying in structured pvp yes.. but not the end of the world.

in my opinion the problem is with the design of the skills.
instead of having damage skills and seperate cc/debuff skills, we have 5 weapon skills dealing damage plus a bunch of conditions each.
which will be a) confusing to the observer, and b) noob friendly, a button-masher’s paradise.

in PvP

Posted by: Brutalistik.6473

Brutalistik.6473

This should of been /thread right here. The OP practically told himself or herself off haha

Pineapples

in PvP

Posted by: garethh.3518

garethh.3518

Seems extremely doom and gloomy tbh.
My instincts say the games PvP will suck, but what that says aren’t utterly terrible issues, since it is a casual PvP game after all.
If, by funneling more people onto a side, they can keep the combat engaging and whatnot, I don’t think large portions of people will see a game breaking problem with it.

(edited by garethh.3518)

in PvP

No Walking.6349

This article is 100% opinion buddy, far from the “uncovering” that you have said has happened. Again, I’m waiting for a link…

in PvP

Posted by: Luthan.5236

Luthan.5236

Leaderboards might be a problem. We’ll need to see. I agree that a working rating system is important.

Also I agree about down state and rallying. I like down state and that you can make decisions on if you should help to rezz or just distract enemy and let him bandage.

Also helping to kill 1 enemy and let our ally rally sounds nice… but since there is no limit(always should be limited to 1 person that did the most damage in sPvP and WvW – and if he is alive then no one else should be able to rally) it could be a problem.

This is a PvE mechanic they carelessly implemented in sPvP and WvW too. Down state is nice. But not the rallying. Rallying is PvE and is nice there but does nit fit in a PvP environment. They could remove it completely(but not remove down state, I’m not whining about down state).

It does not even make sense to just be on your feet again from having killed an enemy(even if still others are around)… in PvE it is just nice because it makes stuff easier and since you are just playing against the mobs it is okay.

Edit: Also I agree. Custom servers are needed. Map and rank restriction and stuff and the rank of players should be shown at the beginning of a match not at the end only. And maybe custom tournaments(not that map rotation they dictate every few days only 1-match-tournaments for the next few days on same map… that’s not a tournament).

(edited by Luthan.5236)

in PvP

Posted by: Authority.6145

Authority.6145

I would like to add some info on the reasons for League of Legend’s Elo System being the most successful competitive system in my opinion.

http://leagueoflegends.wikia.com/wiki/Elo_rating_system

• Premades are separated from Soloquers – You are only allowed to play with one friend as a soloquer.
  • Your Elo does not lie – You are where you rightfully belong; it defines your skills as both an individual player and as a team player.
  • It pushes you to go higher because it is a fact that if you want to go from the lowest Tier to the highest Tier you must improve – Each Tier represents a skill level. So if you are bad or decent or average and do not wish to improve you are guaranteed not to get far.
  • You have got leagues – Everyone can go up and down and there is something to look for.
  • Pugs want to win – And that is what drives healthy competition as well as having later on great teams; solo players reaching the high end of the stick.

So for example I used to be 1500 elo there; I never felt that I deserved to be higher. That was the maximum elo I could reach back then. I was just never good enough to go higher unless I improved.

in PvP

Posted by: Taym.8326

Taym.8326

I would like to add some info on the reasons for League of Legend’s Elo System being the most successful competitive system in my opinion.

The Glicko 2 system is a more advanced version of the ELO system. It is like a subset for one specific case in the entire system, so basically there is a really good rating system in place right now we only have to wait for player score volitility to go down and the deviation between ranks to increase. But as it stands now you have a ranking similar in effect to Elo, the only difference is it does not tell you your number, and it does not dress it up in leagues.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Elo_rating_system#United_States_Chess_Federation_ratings

These are pretty much your leagues based, all you do is divide them into how many sections you want and the system will start sorting itself out in time. The problem currently is that we all started from the same ratings so there is no standard of “oh that player is a master, so that is where you belong”, give it time

in PvP

Posted by: garethh.3518

garethh.3518

The Glicko 2 system is a more advanced version of the ELO system. It is like a subset for one specific case in the entire system, so basically there is a really good rating system in place right now we only have to wait for player score volitility to go down and the deviation between ranks to increase.

In an perfect world, sure.
But with many, many people randomly switching between queing premade and pugging…. GW2’s ranking system will seriously have to deal with, for everything it factors in, people literally jumping up and down hundreds of rank worth of skill on a daily basis making any less volatility into nothing but a lie estimation based on how often you premade verse pug, little to do with skill itself.

And yeah, I’ve been tossed around from 65~ to 320~ in a days time, my skill ranking was effectively in the 300s that day because you can only do so much with a pug… yet the killer premade I was in let us beat a top 50~ rank team the day before… with no differentiation between grouped and not, this ranking system is shoddy at best when it comes to effectiveness.

(edited by garethh.3518)

in PvP

Posted by: Writetyper.1985

Writetyper.1985

1. Yes so much. Other “comp” games have this – example, leaving a Dota 2 match and not rejoining in a set time will put you in Low Priority queue. And trust me, you do not want to be in Low Priority.
2. Leaderboards are pretty good imo, I just wish they’d go forever (or at least for 20k or so) and show actual MMR so you know how much you need to improve. There needs to be some kind of occasional major tournament that gives unique prizes for winners. Imagine a yearly one that gives a legendary. That would be nice.
3. I don’t like the concept of downed state but I’ve learned to deal with it. Besides, it leads to “plays” and “plays” are what people watch.

The two biggest things holding back this game as a “compeditive” esport imo are -lack of custom servers (how will you organize leagues, inhouses, scrims, all that jazz if you can’t do something as simple as start a server?) and -lack of spectator mode (should be pretty self explanatory, any streams will only be from one PoV). If they fix those two things along with leaderboards then they’ll be on the right track, but it’s definitely too little too late.

Mortryde/Cold/Thugmentalist Bara
really bad engineer

in PvP

Apolo.5942

I think the thing that holds it back is that there are better over the shoulder shooters out there quite honestly.

in PvP

Posted by: Thesilentflute.8761

Thesilentflute.8761

I don’t think you know what e-sports means you should look it up. lol

As far as watching goes they really need to fix the scaling of bunker stats to make fights action packed the way it is now a full bunker teams out live rather than outplay people.

I see good ideas every day …good in theory. – Shawn Farthing
Masters in Geek Mythology
YOU ARE NOT THE INVENTOR OF WORDS!!! lol

(edited by Thesilentflute.8761)

in PvP

Posted by: Minion of Vey.4398

Minion of Vey.4398

I think having esport potential is pretty important, even for ordinary spvpers that just play whatever.

It gives pvp more longevity. You want more people in there trying stuff, trying to get to the top etc. Even if you aren’t one of them, its more people to play against.

in PvP

Posted by: Nuoper.7503

Nuoper.7503

A Reason GW2 Will Never be an E-Sport
No balance at all.

Two Reasons GW2 Will Never be an E-Sport
No balance at all.
ANet doesn’t care about this.

in PvP

Posted by: Kneru.8014

Kneru.8014

I laughed.

Listing three things that could change tomorrow and using the word “Never”.

[SNIP]

Gw 2 is not even a year old, and has a lot of potential.

Both of these sum up my thoughts.

Also, I really dont understand why there is always a “blahblah game will be better” spiel in MMO forums lately. The same people who said it, will nitpick the next MMO Jesus when it comes out, get kitten , and quit. Then either move on to the next big thing, or go back to their old one. And then get laughed at on forums. >.>

Just stop, it makes you look silly.

in PvP

Posted by: SuperHaze.4210

SuperHaze.4210

Leaderboards might be a problem. We’ll need to see. I agree that a working rating system is important.

Also I agree about down state and rallying. I like down state and that you can make decisions on if you should help to rezz or just distract enemy and let him bandage.

Also helping to kill 1 enemy and let our ally rally sounds nice… but since there is no limit(always should be limited to 1 person that did the most damage in sPvP and WvW – and if he is alive then no one else should be able to rally) it could be a problem.

This is a PvE mechanic they carelessly implemented in sPvP and WvW too. Down state is nice. But not the rallying. Rallying is PvE and is nice there but does nit fit in a PvP environment. They could remove it completely(but not remove down state, I’m not whining about down state).

It does not even make sense to just be on your feet again from having killed an enemy(even if still others are around)… in PvE it is just nice because it makes stuff easier and since you are just playing against the mobs it is okay.

Edit: Also I agree. Custom servers are needed. Map and rank restriction and stuff and the rank of players should be shown at the beginning of a match not at the end only. And maybe custom tournaments(not that map rotation they dictate every few days only 1-match-tournaments for the next few days on same map… that’s not a tournament).

Rallying should be a one for one system. Why should 2 or more downed players rally when one opponent gets stomp? Only one should be able to rally and they would need to make the effort to rally each of his teammates one at a time.

As for custom servers, I think it would ruin the competitive part of the game. Every map creator will have their own set of rules that are inconsistent with how the map should be played. I really think more game modes are needed and have 5v5 conquest be the main competitive game mode, although plenty of games in the past that had official tourneys create different brackets for each game mode (e.g. Halo), where a team can win multiple trophies in each game mode.

in PvP

Posted by: Sprawl.3891

Sprawl.3891

The Glicko 2 system is a more advanced version of the ELO system. It is like a subset for one specific case in the entire system, so basically there is a really good rating system in place right now we only have to wait for player score volitility to go down and the deviation between ranks to increase. But as it stands now you have a ranking similar in effect to Elo, the only difference is it does not tell you your number, and it does not dress it up in leagues.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Elo_rating_system#United_States_Chess_Federation_ratings

These are pretty much your leagues based, all you do is divide them into how many sections you want and the system will start sorting itself out in time. The problem currently is that we all started from the same ratings so there is no standard of “oh that player is a master, so that is where you belong”, give it time

Chess is an individual 1v1 game, horrible comparison to a 5v5 game and why the current individual leaderboard is quite meaningless since it’s a team game.

if player A plays 1/2 his games on the #1 team and never loses then pugs the other 1/2 of his games and goes 50% he will never be ranked appropriately. bad system is bad.

Sprawl – Necro – Eredon Terrace

in PvP

Posted by: Midenoche.2564

Midenoche.2564

GW2 can become an Esport however it lacks many of the features needed to become one. Three examples of successful esports that come to mind are Starcraft 2, Dota, and Counter Strike.

Starcraft 2: 2010
-5 brackets (bronze, silver, gold, platinum, diamond) Players are put into these brackets based on their performance of their first 5 games. Winning in your bracket a lot would result in a promotion into the next bracket. Losing would result in demotions so after ~50 games players would usually be in the bracket they belonged. What does this do?

It allows players casual or hardcore to track their progress in a tangible way. Not only where there brackets but divisions that displayed 100 players per division. Through these divisions players could track themselves against other players of similar skill and see exactly how many points they gained or lost after a match. This is what gets people addicted to competitive games. They are always trying to get better and improve themselves so with brackets/divisions they have the tools to do so. Not only that but the game automatically records every game so the player can view them to seek improvement.

Starcraft 2 is mostly balanced around 1v1 but there are team queues that can be done through solo queue or with others. These have separate mmrs from 1v1s and are put into their own brackets.

Dota 2 (2012)
5 v 5 Moba style game with an easy to use queue system. The player can choose which game mode they prefer to play and even queue with friends. Only on very rare occasions will a premade ever play a pub. The mmr system is hidden, however there are three brackets (regular, high, very high) that players are put into based on their performance. Solo queue is fairly balanced however the community is toxic. This is an unfortunate side effect that all competitive Mobas suffer from but their are ways around it by muting players/reporting them.

Not only are there solo queues but team queues! This allows players to register teams and play against other teams of similar skill. After playing 3 games your team is awarded with a rating and the players are able to compare their own rating versus other teams. Not only that but players are able to see just how much they are gaining or losing after each match.

There is a punishment for players that disconnect for 5 minutes straight and don’t come back. This causes the game to be abandoned and the team that lost a player is allowed to leave without penalty. The player that abandoned will be put in low priority queue for x amount of time so it will be harder for them to find games. Not only that but the games often won’t count for stats and if they leave those they get even more time added to low priority.

The cherry on top of all of these features are the live/past games that players can watch from the client. Players can watch live games of tournys or matchmaking at any time. They also have access to their own replays and others replays at almost any time.

Counter Strike (Global Offensive 2012)

Counterstrike has long had a fallowing because of its simple to play difficult to master format. With Counter Strike Global Offensive they offer a queue system as well as the ability to join servers. In the queue system it assigns you a hidden mmr and allows the player to queue for a variety of game types. These include the traditional bomb/defuse, hostage, and recently added gun game. Players are given the option to play a more casual mode or tourny rules mode. In all formats of matchmaking players are punished for leaving before the game is over. Players are not punished from leaving servers so this allows for matchmaking to be reserved for players that are willing to commit x amount of time per match. This ensures the enjoyment of the game won’t be ruined for everyone else.

There is unfortunately not much of a way to watch replays however players can spectate games if they wish to watch.

All of these games are very successful and they have a few things in common.
1. a WORKING queue system that doesn’t allow for premades to play pubs
2. A way to spectate or watch replays of games
3. A viable way for players to solo queue
4. Punishment for players that leave games
5. Some tangible way for players to compare themselves or their team against others

Until Guildwars 2 includes all of these it will never become an e-sport.

in PvP

Posted by: Daecollo.9578

Daecollo.9578

At least 15 builds per class.

Hero {} Roleplayer {} Friend {} Professional Princess Saver
https://twitter.com/TalathionEQ2

in PvP

Posted by: Nunganok.4590

Nunganok.4590

Do you seriously think a game based on years of single player campaign mode on a console is going to have world class pvp?

in PvP

Posted by: joukuoj.2075

joukuoj.2075

GW2 can become an Esport however it lacks many of the features needed to become one. Three examples of successful esports that come to mind are Starcraft 2, Dota, and Counter Strike.

5. Some tangible way for players to compare themselves or their team against others

i del some long text in this but are these game MMORPG?

pls another question dont take it like joke i dont really know:

any MMORPG game with pvp have working esport part?
(most MMORPG i know dont have perfect class balance and some dont have it even good)

in PvP

Posted by: Midenoche.2564

Midenoche.2564

i del some long text in this but are these game MMORPG?

pls another question dont take it like joke i dont really know:

any MMORPG game with pvp have working esport part?
(most MMORPG i know dont have perfect class balance and some dont have it even good)

MMORPG or any other genre needs to have those 5 things for an overall healthy population. Solo queue is needed to allow more casual players to “test the waters” and if they enjoy it they may want to become more competitive.

Having the ability to track progress is what keeps players playing. Game types like pvp are mostly about compositions,player skill, and tactics. These are all things that players must LEARN to improve. Being able to watch replays, spectate games, and compare oneself to others is essential to learning.

It doesn’t matter what kind of game let it be fighting, fps, or strategy.

To answer the second question, WoW is the closest it’s come to competitive e-sports. Even that didn’t have the features needed to succeed but instead had a vast population. As that population decreased WoW as an e-sport has taken a back seat.

Never once have developers developed an MMO to be an e-sport.

in PvP

Posted by: Baam.2493

Baam.2493

I’d just like to say that I don’t find your words credible, No Walking, because you aren’t even on the PvP leaderboards.

in PvP

Apolo.5942

Do you seriously think a game based on years of single player campaign mode on a console is going to have world class pvp?

I dont know, it PVE the only thing keep GW2 alive, and GW1 was entirely PVP focused, so, one could argue, stranger things have happened.